IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 237.
#6901 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive got bad pooling around my kitty post. Looks like a bubble getting ready to pop, and im sure that it will. Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when. My dream game too, what a bummer thats going to be when it happens.

I've got 700 games on mine and none of these pools have chipped. Looks like a lot more dimples in that picture than mine so I'm guessing that has a few more plays.

#6902 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

An odd picture indeed...is this your game?

No, It is a pro that is listed for sale, that was stated just came off route. I originally saw the pic and thought Holy crap! I also now believe it is some kind of distorted reflection. The seller could do himself a favor and delete that particular photo. Pictures mean everything when trying to sell a pin, that one is weird.

I still own a Munsters le

(still loving it!) btw

#6903 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

A scary picture.[quoted image]

That's just a reflection on Herman but if you look at the post to the left of the grandpa scoop you can see the clear and artwork bubbling up around the post.

#6904 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

That's just a reflection on Herman but if you look at the post to the left of the grandpa scoop you can see the clear and artwork bubbling up around the post.

Agreed....along w slight wear on the side of the scoop. Fortunate mine seemed to have a thinner coat, and I checked every post when I changed all the rubber.

Pic does seller no good as that reflection looks like crap, and with dimpling around kitty like that, this game has definitely seen some action.

How can this be if no one likes it?

#6905 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

How can this be if no one likes it?

#6906 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Agreed.

No. That wire form does not look right. You should not be seeing the weld. I don't know what sort of bronze finish was applied to the wireforms, whether paint or powder coat or whatever, the wire form in that pic did not get what it was supposed to. It just looks like welded uncoated steel wire. To me, anyway.

My wire form looks just like that one. There is no coating or finish on it at all. There was originally going to be but the crew making the game thought that it fit the games look without any coating on it so they just left it alone. They liked the old and aged look that it looks like. I think the reason you are noticing the welds so much is because the picture is probably blown up really big. My wire form looks just like that one anand it looks great I think.

#6907 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I've got 700 games on mine and none of these pools have chipped. Looks like a lot more dimples in that picture than mine so I'm guessing that has a few more plays.

It will chip in time I promise you.

#6908 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My wire form looks just like that one. There is no coating or finish on it at all. There was originally going to be but the crew making the game thought that it fit the games look without any coating on it so they just left it alone. They liked the old and aged look that it looks like. I think the reason you are noticing the welds so much is because the picture is probably blown up really big. My wire form looks just like that one anand it looks great I think.

I agree totally. I think the industrial look works perfectly. My wireforms are exactly like yours, and I believe though, that they were clear coated. Mine are too shiny to be raw material thats been welded. The welds are even shiny.

#6909 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I agree totally. I think the industrial look works perfectly. My wireforms are exactly like yours, and I believe though, that they were clear coated. Mine are too shiny to be raw material thats been welded. The welds are even shiny.

Not sure about the clearcoat but I remember them saying on the dead flip stream that they had them all made up and ready to chrome or whatever and someone said wow those look perfect for this game just the way that they are and they all agreed and just kept them that way.

#6910 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I put the monster flashlight on and lit it up. I stand corrected. I can see weld burns on mine that match the pic in question. It looks like there is some sort of finish on but the flashlight lays waste to that observation. They are bare metal. But there is some kind of coating on; They might have been pickled in some sulfuric acid; Perhaps for rust inhibition.

#6911 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure about the clearcoat but I remember them saying on the dead flip stream that they had them all made up and ready to chrome or whatever and someone said wow those look perfect for this game just the way that they are and they all agreed and just kept them that way.

I remember reading that, as well.

#6912 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It will chip in time I promise you.

Question- I thought you put in claim with Stern if I remember correctly (?).

Did they ever respond?

#6913 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did they ever respond?

Not with Munsters yet but I finally had to call them on my own (thanks for nothing distributor) about my IMDN which has pooling and a chip on the playfield. Had a very nice guy help me out named Pablo so we will see what happens from here. Pretty sure they arent going to do anything for just pooling though even though I think that they should.

#6914 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did they ever respond?

Do you have some games with pooling and chipping too? We have 2 games with a bit of pooling but no chipping yet Our Munsters had pooling . Dissapointing to say the least.

#6915 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I put the monster flashlight on and lit it up. I stand corrected. I can see weld burns on mine that match the pic in question. It looks like there is some sort of finish on but the flashlight lays waste to that observation. They are bare metal. But there is some kind of coating on; They might have been pickled in some sulfuric acid; Perhaps for rust inhibition.

Yes, there is definitely something. The wireforms would have to be stainless steel otherwise they would definitely get rusty, especially around the welded portions.

#6916 4 years ago

I thought I remember watching the Munsters Premium Reveal with Deadflip on Youtube. Somewhere in there, I thought they were talking about the wireforms/ramps in mock-up and before they went out for chrome, Borg mentioned that he loved the look of the non-chrome on this title. He liked the fact you could see the actual welds. So they left them as is but I thought they said they treated them or "cleared them"... Unfortunately this is stuck somewhere in the middle of the 2+ hour stream. I remember watching most of it while deciding on whether or not to purchase Munsters. Absolutely zero regrets. We love this game.

#6917 4 years ago

Crap, I've been away way to long, I have a lot of reading/postings to get caught up on. Glad to see the usual suspects still posting away. At least I've been playing my game even though I've been absent here for several months. Game is still great, and getting a bit better at achieving MM now, at least one in 3 games as an average, sometimes on ball one, then I go and screw up the last two, did get to MM level II once though

#6918 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Crap, I've been away way to long, I have a lot of reading/postings to get caught up on. Glad to see the usual suspects still posting away. At least I've been playing my game even though I've been absent here for several months. Game is still great, and getting a bit better at achieving MM now, at least one in 3 games as an average, sometimes on ball one, then I go and screw up the last two, did get to MM level II once though

Glad you are back. I been wondering about you.

#6919 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Glad you are back. I been wondering about you.

I'm glad he is back also. John is one of the coolest guys on Pinside!

#6920 4 years ago

I’m late to the party just picked up NIB Munsters Premium. I think it’s a fantastic game. Nice flow, art, music. I like how they integrated clips from the show as well. The mini playfield is actually really fun. I think the code is very approachable for all. Do we know of code is complete any further updates to come?

#6921 4 years ago

No clue yet but if they do one more update like they did with ghostbusters they would move a lot of inventory left over.

#6922 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

No clue yet but if they do one more update like they did with ghostbusters they would move a lot of inventory left over.

How do you know there is inventory? No imventory in Australia, if you want one you have to wait.

GB code took over 2 years to make. I think Stern are focused on smashing the market with plenty of new games.

#6923 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How do you know there is inventory?

That is a great question. So many profess to know how much inventory is on hand. And how sales are not up to snuff. It has been demonstrated several times that what a distributor says cannot be banked on. The only one who knows the numbers is Stern.

#6924 4 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I’m late to the party just picked up NIB Munsters Premium. I think it’s a fantastic game. Nice flow, art, music. I like how they integrated clips from the show as well. The mini playfield is actually really fun. I think the code is very approachable for all. Do we know of code is complete any further updates to come?

Congrats on your new game.Its really fast and great to play on the fly making ramps and orbits.It handles the speed very well.Don't hold your breath on the code update,just play and enjoy.

#6925 4 years ago

I think Stern are focused on smashing the market

I've been saying it for years now. If Stern would get their shit together with their quality they could run every other pinball company out of business. They kitkat dont get that though for some reason.

#6926 4 years ago

Played a new Pro a couple of months ago and really had a bad feel to it so wrote off the idea of buying one. Played another new one today at Gameroom Guys and was really fun. Need to keep an open mind while waiting for a code update!

#6927 4 years ago

How do you know there is inventory?

Just check eBay, automated and game room guys for starters. Game room guys even showed 4 premiums left on one of their multiple listings of Munsters.

#6928 4 years ago

Yeah I think code is good as is for advanced players you can go for high scores using the multipliers. I really like that you can stack the jackpots and it’s such a risk reward of when to cash in. One of the most beautiful art packages I have seen in a game as well. What are the most popular mods I like the sewer exit mold I think mezel sells it. Anyone know how easy it is to install? Any other must have mods?

#6929 4 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Yeah I think code is good as is for advanced players you can go for high scores using the multipliers. I really like that you can stack the jackpots and it’s such a risk reward of when to cash in. One of the most beautiful art packages I have seen in a game as well. What are the most popular mods I like the sewer exit mold I think mezel sells it. Anyone know how easy it is to install? Any other must have mods?

You are soot on about the code. It could use a few tweaks that would definitely make it better and hopefully it gets them but this game doesn't need a major code overhaul by any means. Its pretty damn great honestly if you ask me..

#6930 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've been saying it for years now. If Stern would get their shit together with their quality they could run every other pinball company out of business. They kitkat dont get that though for some reason.

All Stern need to do is answer some emails and return a few phonecalls pointing customers in the right direction.

#6931 4 years ago

It’s a cool game as is, the lower mini playfield is amazing (I generally do not like mini playfields)
I’d love to get one, but I‘m at the tipping point, something must leave the collection for The Munsters to come in (and it’s gotta be the B&W premium)
I’m lucky, 10 minutes from my house there is one on location, and I play it at least every other week
Who-Dey knows this game rocks, and I totally agree
Code bashers, get to MM level 3, I dare ya!

#6932 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

It’s a cool game as is, the lower mini playfield is amazing (I generally do not like mini playfields)
I’d love to get one, but I‘m at the tipping point, something must leave the collection for The Munsters to come in (and it’s gotta be the B&W premium)
I’m lucky, 10 minutes from my house there is one on location, and I play it at least every other week
Who-Dey knows this game rocks, and I totally agree

We have an older friend (65) who comes over to our place every week just to play our MUNLE. He absolutely loves it. Best he has ever done is got to level 2 MM, never completed it.

#6933 4 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Only must mod is a pingulp.

You are right on. Game is beautiful and fun to play. Everything doesn't have to be a codefest. I like the way the game is set up with stacking or cashing in jackpots and very comprehensible rules. Anybody can walk up to the game, play it and enjoy it.

#6934 4 years ago

Oh man, I’m starting to feel like need a B/W Premium... this thing looks spectacular!!!

#6935 4 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

Oh man, I’m starting to feel like need a B/W Premium... this thing looks spectacular!!!

Very good game I went with the color premium but the B/W is also looks amazing. I played the B/W at Comic Con a few months back. I walked away from the game thinking how much fun it was and that I wanted one. Fast forward a few months and ended up getting one. So far no regrets

#6936 4 years ago

Just rejoined the club with a Munsters Pro! Second one I have owned. Didn’t have it long the first go around. After playing it in a local club( and enjoying it) the wife and I thought we would give it another try.

#6937 4 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Just rejoined the club with a Munsters Pro! Second one I have owned. Didn’t have it long the first go around. After playing it in a local club( and enjoying it) the wife and I thought we would give it another try.

Three words Charlie....Bang that Kitty!

#6938 4 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I think Grandpa in the chair is much better than just a plastic piece, even though it doesn't really do anything (actually the electrodes on the chair do light up). It's from The Mod Couple.

#6939 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I think Grandpa in the chair is much better than just a plastic piece, even though it doesn't really do anything (actually the electrodes on the chair do light up). It's from The Mod Couple.

Cool thanks I will take a look.

#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Like Grandpa on the chair. The only issue I have and I can see why Stern made it flat plastic, is air balls.

Seen the Modcouple Grandpa in pieces all over the playfield, after an air ball hit it. Playgoul was down in the scoop. Right leg went flying to the right ramp and left leg, was laying to the side of the most center shot on all the playfield.

The only way to make it work is in the back left corner, away from potential air balls or a plastic cover for grandpa (which looks like garbage). That heavy steel ball wins every jousting match with Grandpa, lol. Wasted money when that happens and it surely will.

#6941 4 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

A page or so back I posted some pictures of numerous mods I installed and where I got them.

All were pretty easy to install. It was my first time modding any pinball table. I just followed the instructions.

They generally took about 30 minutes per mod to do with appropriate care, attention, and my ocd.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/138#post-5338026

#6942 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Hmmm why would we really want to?
rinse and repeat = Boring

#6943 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Like Grandpa on the chair. The only issue I have and I can see why Stern made it flat plastic, is air balls.
Seen the Modcouple Grandpa in pieces all over the playfield, after an air ball hit it. Playgoul was down in the scoop. Right leg went flying to the right ramp and left leg, was laying to the side of the most center shot on all the playfield.
The only way to make it work is in the back left corner, away from potential air balls or a plastic cover for grandpa (which looks like garbage). That heavy steel ball wins every jousting match with Grandpa, lol. Wasted money when that happens and it surely will.

The biggest culprit for airballs slamming gramps is the lower PF glass. You really need to have it just about level so it don't catch the woods edge and launch. A good indication that you might still be a bit too high is a lot of ball rejections from his scoop.

#6944 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The biggest culprit for airballs slamming gramps is the lower PF glass. You really need to have it just about level so it don't catch the woods edge and launch. A good indication that you might still be a bit too high is a lot of ball rejections from his scoop.

This is good advice. Once of the first things I had to do was adjust all the screws on the lower pf glass. Ball was launching all over the place and catching ridges.

With proper tuning/leveling it’s like the ridges aren’t even there.

#6945 4 years ago

Just had a killer start to a game for me 188m on ball 1 100m made in lvl 1 MM. then just flaked out the rest of the game.

reading some earlier posts I'm close to 1000 plays no issues with PF at all

I have had a ball get stuck above right flipper in lower PF a few times and also wish lower PF had more screws to allow a better fine tune to flush. sometimes a slow moving ball will track the edge of lower PF lexan/plexi

1577649140701187306415763437896 (resized).jpg1577649140701187306415763437896 (resized).jpg20191229_134148 (resized).jpg20191229_134148 (resized).jpg
#6946 4 years ago

Anyone have info on the wireform for Hermans arm?
I have premium at home no issues but the pro on location loves to trap a ball on Hermans right arm.
Trying to find any info from stern but coming up blank

#6947 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone have info on the wireform for Hermans arm?
I have premium at home no issues but the pro on location loves to trap a ball on Hermans right arm.
Trying to find any info from stern but coming up blank

Call stern and give them your machine number. They will ship you this kit out.

IMG_0119 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_0119 (2) (resized).jpg
#6948 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Call stern and give them your machine number. They will ship you this kit out.[quoted image]

Thank you. First pin for me so alot of this is new.

#6949 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Thank you. First pin for me so alot of this is new.

No worries - you are welcome. This is what pinside is for... helping other pinheads.

#6950 4 years ago

Talk to Chas Siddiqi in tech support-for that arm wireform----you have had a couple stuck balls up there and need to get a warranty/upgrade from Stern---

Also ask for/get the Herman plastic protector kit-Comes with a small alum. piece and new "Flat Herman" plastic that sits at Herman entrance....."the ball can bounce and break that plastic"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.