IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 237.
#6851 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont understand? It's his raven door that isnt opening all the way. Are you talking about the clock or the raven door?

Doh. It was late at night. I quoted the wrong comment. I meant to quote the person who’s clock hands were getting stuck. sorry.

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Doh. It was late at night. I quoted the wrong comment. I meant to quote the person who’s clock hands were getting stuck. sorry.

Ok that's what I thought lol. I read that and was like......man I am totally lost here lol. Well you had good intentions at least right?

#6853 4 years ago

Hi Kids,

Got tired of the excessively bright lights coming from the 2 sides. One directly behind Eddie and the other directly behind Lilly. So I took the clock apart and discovered spacers used behind Grandpa and Herman’s light holes and the reason you don’t get the annoying bright light from the sides of the topper, when looking in that direction, from those 2 characters.

To remedy, I obtained the exact spacers Stern used behind Grandpa and Herman and installed those spacers behind Eddie and Lilly, along with longer screws and now the problem is solved and no longer annoying everyone in our home. Lol. (See photo below).

The Munsters topper otherwise works quite well and is a good edition to our Munsters stellar game. Really adds, like others have already mentioned. New code will make it even better and I think it is a must have and more appropriately priced than Star Wars for example and I think it does a whole lot more too.

For those who haven’t purchased yet, I’ve included another couple of photos showing the impressive amount of hardware in the Munsters topper. BTW, I normally dislike toppers and think they serve little purpose, except adding a few more lights and plastic characters. Which most machines already have all over them. Munsters and Black Knight toppers are the exceptions and hopefully the new norm. Go Munsters!

If you have any Meccano or Erector sets, the exact spacer needed can be found and are just like the Stern spacers already used in the topper, behind Grandpa and Herman.
31132F7A-744D-4338-B6AE-79FD0EED0C14 (resized).jpeg31132F7A-744D-4338-B6AE-79FD0EED0C14 (resized).jpeg7BA3135C-6ED8-4D89-BB7E-34B9DE54831D (resized).jpeg7BA3135C-6ED8-4D89-BB7E-34B9DE54831D (resized).jpegBA298ED0-1B41-46F0-83B1-6F3402CA4FBA (resized).jpegBA298ED0-1B41-46F0-83B1-6F3402CA4FBA (resized).jpeg

#6854 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hi Kids,
Got tired of the excessively bright lights coming from the 2 sides. One directly behind Eddie and the other directly behind Lilly. So I took the clock a part and discovered spacers used behind Grandpa and Herman’s light holes and the reason you don’t get the annoying bright light from the sides of the topper, when looking in that direction.
To remedy, I took the exact spacers Stern used behind Grandpa and Lilly and installed them same spacers behind Eddie and Lilly, along with longer screws and now the problem is solved and no longer annoying everyone in our home. Lol. (See photo below).
The Munsters topper otherwise works quite well and is a good edition to our Munsters stellar game. Really adds, like others have already mentioned. New code will make it even better and I think it is a must have and more appropriately priced than Star Wars for example and I think it does a whole lot more too.
For those who haven’t purchased yet, I’ve included another couple of photos showing the impressive amount of hardware in the Munsters topper. BTW, I normally dislike toppers and think they serve little purpose, except a few more lights and plastic characters. Which most machines already have all over them. Munsters and Black Knight are the exceptions and hopefully the new norm. Go Munsters!
If you have any Merccano or Erector sets, the exact spacer needed can be found and are just like the Stern spacers already used in the topper.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! It's funny, I was just thinking today about those lights and wondering what I could do to make it better because they are quite annoying. Nice job!

#6855 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Strong rumor from inside Stern?
And when ?

Quoted from DeathHimself:

- Yes
- No time frame given

This leaves everybody in the same boat still. Buy it because you like the way it plays today instead of betting on what's to come.

Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

I also agree Munsters is a great game now but without a update I see myself trading it in a year or so.

This implies that somebody will want to trade for it. A great game that nobody wants unless it is a knockdown price.

#6856 4 years ago

Finally made time to install most of my Munsters Premium mods.

Grandpa sewer exit upgrade
Spot ramp entry and exit lighting
Kitty
Googly eye
Lamp/Street Sign
Shooter Plate

They are all pretty good.

The shooter plate is my favorite of the mods.

The quality is outstanding. Made of real metal and looks like it was always supposed to be there.

C4505FA0-80B4-4994-97B1-44E32C87633A (resized).jpegC4505FA0-80B4-4994-97B1-44E32C87633A (resized).jpegEEDCB9D1-E7CE-4FD6-970B-CD74281D3396 (resized).jpegEEDCB9D1-E7CE-4FD6-970B-CD74281D3396 (resized).jpegF6146BDB-6407-43CE-8F35-7AE27DC5967B (resized).jpegF6146BDB-6407-43CE-8F35-7AE27DC5967B (resized).jpeg Added over 4 years ago:

Mezel Mods

Street sign
https://mezelmods.com/collections/the-munsters/products/the-munsters-mocking-bird-lane-street-sign

Sewer pipe
https://mezelmods.com/collections/the-munsters/products/the-munsters-pinball-sewage-pipe

Ramp illumination
https://mezelmods.com/collections/the-munsters/products/the-munsters-pinball-ramp-illumination

Shooter plate
https://mezelmods.com/collections/the-munsters/products/the-munsters-pinball-mockingbird-lane-shooter-plate?variant=19496666234977

The mod couple
Googly eye
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/the-munsters-googly-eye-custom-3d-pop-bumper-mod

Pinside
Kitty is available in pinside marketplace and has 2 versions 1 for folks woth Googly eye mod (has a notch to fit) and one for folks without.

#6857 4 years ago

Looks fantastic!

#6858 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Finally made time to install most of my Munsters Premium mods.
Grandpa sewer exit upgrade
Spot ramp entry and exit lighting
Kitty
Googly eye
Lamp/Street Sign
Shooter Plate
They are all pretty good.
The shooter plate is my favorite of the mods.
The quality is outstanding. Made of real metal and looks like it was always supposed to be there.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you add where you got them..? Like the Lamp/Street sign and shooter plate for sure!!

#6859 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Can you add where you got them..? Like the Lamp/Street sign and shooter plate for sure!!

Mostly Mezelmods.

Also, kitty is sold by pinsider- just search for add on this.

Also, the mod couple sells a few.

#6860 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Shooter plate is @hooked...made of cast metal, not plastic, and is gorgeous...

#6861 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Shooter plate is hooked...made of cast metal, not plastic, and is gorgeous...

FYI add it to Mezel mod order to save shipping. They sell it for them.

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Sure thing. Just updated my post to provide links to where I got everything.

Unfortunately for my wallet, I also bought a crazy bunch more mods for all my games.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Shooter plate is hooked...made of cast metal, not plastic, and is gorgeous...

Yes it really is. The pictures on the site do not do it justice at all. I almost passed on it. So glad I didn’t.

#6863 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

FYI add it to Mezel mod order to save shipping. They sell it for them.

I know them well and live really close....will just stop by!

#6864 4 years ago

I was looking to order a topper but Stern shows sold out and looks like ebay guy is back ordered. Anyone know where they
might be in stock at ?

I picked up a b/w premium this weekend and I think its a great game.

thanks, rob

#6865 4 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I was looking to order a topper but Stern shows sold out and looks like ebay guy is back ordered. Anyone know where they
might be in stock at ?
I picked up a b/w premium this weekend and I think its a great game.
thanks, rob

Last email I got from Stern said the next "wave" would go into production end of Nov..... so if true should be soon......

#6866 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Last email I got from Stern said the next "wave" would go into production end of Nov..... so if true should be soon......

Got mine from zack. Flipnout. He said he had a couple.

#6867 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Got mine from zack. Flipnout. He said he had a couple.

I am going to wait for the next round....other than repaired old ones......

#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Anyone with the Munsters topper having an issue where the raven doesn't pop all the way out. Door only opens about 1/3 of the way. I can see the raven if I am looking off to the left but other then that I cant see it pop out. Is there a setting to adjust? I can manually open the door. I don't feel any resistance. Any ideas?

Update.

According to stern help desk. Its acting the way it was intended. The new batch they fixed the door so it wouldnt swing all the open and get stuck.

I just took matters in my own hands. I added a few washere to the nut holding the plunger for the raven. Which makes the coil grab the plunger at a different spot. Allows the door be open alot more then before.

Hope this helps someone.

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Update.
According to stern help desk. Its acting the way it was intended. The new batch they fixed the door so it wouldnt swing all the open and get stuck.
I just took matters in my own hands. I added a few washere to the nut holding the plunger for the raven. Which makes the coil grab the plunger at a different spot. Allows the door be open alot more then before.
Hope this helps someone.

They are full of shit. Why on earth wouldn't the damn door come all the way open? I guess that means mine is screwed up because it comes all the way open. They are lying!

#6870 4 years ago

Why i cancelled mine. And i do not miss or regret it.

#6871 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Why i cancelled mine. And i do not miss or regret it.

Agree! Could have been so cool..... what a disaster!!

#6872 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Agree! Could have been so cool..... what a disaster!!

It's a great great topper if it works correctly. I'm lucky that I got a good one the 2nd time around. How long it will last who knows.....

#6873 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's a great great topper if it works correctly. I'm lucky that I got a good one the 2nd time around. How long it will last who knows.....

I am just afraid to dump over $400.... Stars wars.... no freakin way...lol

#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am just afraid to dump over $400.... Stars wars.... no freakin way...lol

I can't say that I blame you with sterns track record but i have a feeling that the toppers might be pretty good by now. I would call a distributor and just ask them if you can return the topper and get your money back if you get a bad one and if he says yes then I think it's worth taking a chance on. If you plan on keeping this game forever, the topper really is extremely nice and very cool.

#6875 4 years ago

My topper is working as billed to date. Happy about that. Although can see where it could be more utilized with updated code, even though it pops out quite a bit now. Just haven’t found a Raven colored light that works on a Spike 2 yet, here in OZ. Wonder what the difference is on the Raven 5 volt spike 2 colored light? Anyone know? Do I have to order one from the USA specifically for Spike 2?

#6876 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why on earth wouldn't the damn door come all the way open? I guess that means mine is screwed up because it comes all the way open. They are lying!

The door does open all the way, and depending on Raven call out, it's longer than others. The time keeping part will always be a bit off, I suppose, but mine keeps close enough. There's definitely a bug or 2 up there ( like the rest of the game), which I'm sure will be addressed at some point.

It brings a lot of interaction for me w Raven in my face, and certainly build should hold up fine. Fun add for a fun game...

#6877 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My topper is working as billed to date. Happy about that. Although can see where it could be more utilized with updated code, even though it pops out quite a bit now. Just haven’t found a Raven colored light that works on a Spike 2 yet, here in OZ. Wonder what the difference is on the Raven 5 volt spike 2 colored light? Anyone know? Do I have to order one from the USA specifically for Spike 2?

Hey Thunderbird . Talk to Babak @ Pinballhaus in Fortitude Valley QLD and I think he can point you in the right direction. You just need the correct voltage bulb and it should work.

I have started buying everything from him, Titans (Aussie distro), LEDs, flipper kits, etc, etc. Genuine, honest and good pricing.

#6878 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can't say that I blame you with sterns track record but i have a feeling that the toppers might be pretty good by now. I would call a distributor and just ask them if you can return the topper and get your money back if you get a bad one and if he says yes then I think it's worth taking a chance on. If you plan on keeping this game forever, the topper really is extremely nice and very cool.

My distributor told me not to believe everything i read that's why i said i don't want it.

#6879 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

My distributor told me not to believe everything i read that's why i said i don't want it.

Don't want what? I don't see a Munsters in your collection.

#6880 4 years ago

Someone in Europe wants an Munsters LE? Buy or trade, both is possible.

Please send an PM or see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-munsters-limited-edition-21

#6881 4 years ago

I bought my 1st pin a pre owned Munsters pro here a couple weeks ago. I loved the show growing up (I’m 41) watching the reruns. The game is very fun for me and my wife and we already want to add another title and start a small collection. I have ordered a Stern topper (still not here yet) and am super excited to have it installed. Broke #19 plastic that comes down from Herman during gameplay but see nowhere to buy individual replacements. Looking to get a set of plastic Protectors to keep the other ones from being destroyed!

Since I did not buy this NIB from a distributor I’m not sure if there is any sort of mailing list to be added to for updates, service bulletins,warranty etc.
Is there anything you guys suggest I do being totally green to owning this?

Thanks

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

I bought my 1st pin a pre owned Munsters pro here a couple weeks ago. I loved the show growing up (I’m 41) watching the reruns. The game is very fun for me and my wife and we already want to add another title and start a small collection. I have ordered a Stern topper (still not here yet) and am super excited to have it installed. Broke #19 plastic that comes down from Herman during gameplay but see nowhere to buy individual replacements. Looking to get a set of plastic Protectors to keep the other ones from being destroyed!
Since I did not buy this NIB from a distributor I’m not sure if there is any sort of mailing list to be added to for updates, service bulletins,warranty etc.
Thanks

Register your game with Stern...you will get notifications etc

https://sternpinball.com/support/warranty/

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Register your game with Stern...you will get notifications etc
https://sternpinball.com/support/warranty/

Awesome! Thanks!

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

Thanks

I don't know which plastic #19 is (there are several #19s in the book), but there is a plastic up by Herman that breaks and the factory has made an upgrade and offered it as a warranty consideration.

#6885 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Don't want what? I don't see a Munsters in your collection.

Its up for sale and have taken a massive price drop and can not even give it away.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/101440-Munsters-LE-596?p=1274351#post1274351

#6886 4 years ago

Installed another mod... this time the coach car from mezelmods.
A1A58F96-FF57-4632-AA2F-3C87931BA8B8 (resized).jpegA1A58F96-FF57-4632-AA2F-3C87931BA8B8 (resized).jpegAC91A073-3FA3-4016-B632-FB9C7DA19768 (resized).jpegAC91A073-3FA3-4016-B632-FB9C7DA19768 (resized).jpeg

I like the look of it and don’t mind that it covers the shooter lane. But I was a little surprised it covers the “special” lamp over the out lane.

I kinda don’t like that.

In general it takes a while for all the mods I do to grow on me.

I like installing them and how they look in general. It just takes me a while to adjust to them being there and to no longer see every little imperfection in my install.

#6887 4 years ago

A scary picture.

scary (resized).jpgscary (resized).jpg
#6888 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

A scary picture.[quoted image]

Help me out - are you talking about dimples in Herman’s face?

#6889 4 years ago

wear marks left eye and right ear....already?

#6890 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Help me out - are you talking about dimples in Herman’s face?

Must be. My Herman's face is not like that.

#6891 4 years ago

I don't know...maybe it is some kind of reflection.

#6892 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

An odd picture indeed...is this your game?

#6893 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

The wireform isn't plated.

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I don't know...maybe it is some kind of reflection.

Reflection

#6895 4 years ago

yep....wireform does look bad though

#6896 4 years ago

That is a reflection on Herman's face and not wear Mark's. Also the wire form is supposed to look that way on purpose. They left ot unplated because they thought it fit the theme that way and I agree with them.

#6897 4 years ago

I see the same pooling by that kitty post that I have. Still no chipping though.

#6898 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I see the same pooling by that kitty post that I have. Still no chipping though.

Ive got bad pooling around my kitty post. Looks like a bubble getting ready to pop, and im sure that it will. Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when. My dream game too, what a bummer thats going to be when it happens.

#6899 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is a reflection on Herman's face and not wear Mark's. Also the wire form is supposed to look that way on purpose. They left ot unplated because they thought it fit the theme that way and I agree with them.

Agreed, the wire form industrial look fits the game and look great. In that pic, that the tacks just don't look great, and extra heat spots. Mine looks much, much cleaner.

But as I said, that whole pic looks odd...Can't figure out how you would get a light reflect like that along w such a precise pic of it.

#6900 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

yep....wireform does look bad though

Agreed.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also the wire form is supposed to look that way on purpose. They left ot unplated because they thought it fit the theme that way and I agree with them.

No. That wire form does not look right. You should not be seeing the weld. I don't know what sort of bronze finish was applied to the wireforms, whether paint or powder coat or whatever, the wire form in that pic did not get what it was supposed to. It just looks like welded uncoated steel wire. To me, anyway.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/138?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.