IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 237.
#6801 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Is there a mod that can be connected to the stern shaker to control the intensity?

What kind of shaker motor do you have? Mine is from Pinball life and it is very mild and doesnt do much at all but I'd rather it be like that than shaking all if the screws out of the game.

#6802 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Is there a mod that can be connected to the stern shaker to control the intensity?

That would be nice but not that I know of. The only way I know to adjust the intensity is to move the counterweights on the shaft.

#6803 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

The only way I know to adjust the intensity is to move the counterweights on the shaft.

Which worked great in my case.

#6804 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

That would be nice but not that I know of. The only way I know to adjust the intensity is to move the counterweights on the shaft.

Or reduce the weight of them.

#6805 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

When I did the last code update I didn't reset everything. Is the extra ball now on 8 modes complete for you all as well? I remember it being around 4 on the code my machine came with.

Im sitting here getting ready to reload the software because I have experienced the same thing...Just a couple days ago it was at three of four modes and now I dont get it until sometime after the first munster madness. What are the chances we are both experiencing this...? its not like these things connect to the internet or anything to receive updates online or something. There isnt really a setting for it either. Im going to old off until someone says something..

#6806 4 years ago

Needless to say I made the trade. My Hobbit for a Munsters Prem. Ive had it for about a week and Im liking it a lot and really dont think I am going to regret it. I feel like they are going to come out with a huge update at some point that is going to bring this whole game together and really make it a great game. Same way they did with Deadpool. Ill be holding onto this one for awhile to see how everything plays out

1122191608_HDR (resized).jpg1122191608_HDR (resized).jpg1122191608a_HDR (resized).jpg1122191608a_HDR (resized).jpg1127191650 (resized).jpg1127191650 (resized).jpg
#6807 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

Needless to say I made the trade. My Hobbit for a Munsters Prem. Ive had it for about a week and Im liking it a lot and really dont think I am going to regret it. I feel like they are going to come out with a huge update at some point that is going to bring this whole game together and really make it a great game. Same way they did with Deadpool. Ill be holding onto this one for awhile to see how everything plays out[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You wont regret it because this game is awesome and Hobbit’s not. You made a good trade i think.

#6808 4 years ago

Any deals found on the topper for Black Friday?

#6809 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Any deals found on the topper for Black Friday?

Stern doesn’t believe in black friday.

#6810 4 years ago

My new Stern Munsters topper clock hand has seemingly gotten stuck in 1 position pretty much within a few minutes of being installed. Can somebody point me to the right post for any fixes / troubleshooting that might work? I don't feel like sending it back if I can fix it myself. Thanks.

#6811 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stern doesn’t believe in black friday.

Actually, I got an e-mail from Stern which said it you were an "Insider" you could save a few bucks on stuff like clothes and maybe some art blades or something, LOL. It was nothing I was interested in, and I'm not an "Insider" anyway, I'm just a "Pinball Peasant", so I deleted the e-mail. No toppers or anything most of us Pinball Peasants would want was on sale from what recall.

#6812 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Good Afternoon. Is there a way to add a little directional adjustment to the VUK coming out of the Grandpa Scoop? 95% of the time it kicks the ball out of the scoop, it wants to head SDTM between the flippers. I'm not one who likes to nudge, and it's getting annoying. I put the Grandpa Scoop Rubber in there several month's back, but it was doing the same before that. I'm thinking there may be a way of loosening the mounting screws and cocking it to the side just a hair then re-tightening, so it doesn't slam a fastball right between the flippers. Any thoughts

My Aerosmith was doing this so I reduced the upper trough kick out power a lot until it wouldn't even kick it out, then increased the power a bit - do this with the glass off so you can keep placing the ball in the trough. when you get five or so successful balls to flipper leave it be. Keep in mine you might have to increase strength over factory settings instead of decreasing according to which flipper you want it to go to.

#6813 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

Needless to say I made the trade. My Hobbit for a Munsters Prem. Ive had it for about a week and Im liking it a lot and really dont think I am going to regret it. I feel like they are going to come out with a huge update at some point that is going to bring this whole game together and really make it a great game. Same way they did with Deadpool. Ill be holding onto this one for awhile to see how everything plays out[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had a Hobbit on order a few years ago but luckily played one before mine was shipped. I hated it - so I told my distributor to send me something else, anything. GB was coming out so I got the premium which was about the same price. 'Glad I did it. Many can't stand Munsters but love Hobbit - I guess different people like different games and that's certainly OK. It's always best to play a game before you buy if you can. I've been a big JJP supporter since day #1 and think they make a great game but Hobbit didn't do it for me. It's better to sell a game you really don't like than to keep it in your collection and try to convince yourself you like it.

#6814 4 years ago

So what’s going on with the Toppers?

Have the new batch shipped?
I ordered from CoinTaker on 13th Nov, and got an email saying it was delayed- should be early next week.. it’s now 29th and not heard from Melissa/Cassie despite emails asking.

#6815 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I ordered from cointaker on 13th Nov, and got an email saying it was delayed- should be early next week.. it’s now 29th and not heard from Melissa/Cassie despite emails asking.

The email I got from Stern a week ago or so said new batch was going into production at the end of the month.... That was from Mark on the 15th

#6816 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

My new Stern Munsters topper clock hand has seemingly gotten stuck in 1 position pretty much within a few minutes of being installed. Can somebody point me to the right post for any fixes / troubleshooting that might work? I don't feel like sending it back if I can fix it myself. Thanks.

Ours did that. The shaft for hand of the clock was getting caught as the hole in the clockface was not big enough. Take the screw out that holds the clockhand and the clockhand will come off. Careful to look how it goes back on. It only goes back on in one spot. Take the plastic front off (you will have to move it around to get it past the raven door) and drill the hole (where the shaft for the clockhand goes through) out a little bigger. That fixed ours.

Good luck. Verry annoying Stern did not bench test. Stern told us the code update would make out topper clock work.

15750544319138986144861182028058 (resized).jpg15750544319138986144861182028058 (resized).jpg
#6817 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I ordered from cointaker on 13th Nov, and got an email saying it was delayed- should be early next week.. it’s now 29th and not heard from Melissa/Cassie despite emails asking.

Maybe too busy with new Star Wars topper.....you see the price on it?!?!?!?

#6818 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Maybe too busy with new Star Wars topper.....you see the price on it?!?!?!?

Is that not the dumbest thing you have ever seen or what? I thought i got bent over on the Munsters topper at 425.00 but this here takes getting bent over to a whole new level! If they sell over three of those i am going to be amazed.

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is that not the dumbest thing you have ever seen or what? I thought i got bent over on the Munsters topper at 425.00 but this here takes getting bent over to a whole new level! If they sell over three of those i am going to be amazed.

Says limited to 500..... dream on!!!

#6820 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Says limited to 500..... dream on!!!

Anybody who buys one of this is going to get a limited edition A$$ f*cking lol. Excuse my language but i am so shocked over the price of this thing that i dont even know what to say. It looks like it should be sitting on the shelf at wal mart for $19.99. This is nothing but a test by Stern to see how much people are willing to spend on a topper.

#6821 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Anybody who buys one of this is going to get a limited edition A$$ f*cking lol. Excuse my language but i am so shocked over the price of this thing that i dont even know what to say. It looks like it should be sitting on the shelf at wal mart for $19.99. This is nothing but a test by Stern to see how much people are willing to spend on a topper.

I thought the Stern toppers were already a rip off. Especially as most of them do not work properly or you need to fix it yourself. SWLE people are getting an out of this galaxy bending over for their topper

#6822 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My Aerosmith was doing this so I reduced the upper trough kick out power a lot until it wouldn't even kick it out, then increased the power a bit - do this with the glass off so you can keep placing the ball in the trough. when you get five or so successful balls to flipper leave it be. Keep in mine you might have to increase strength over factory settings instead of decreasing according to which flipper you want it to go to.

I looked thru the adjustments, and couldn't find one specific to that VUK unless I missed it, I don't think you can alter the power on that one. If you know which adjustment number it is, please let me know. I added 1/2 a turn to the right rear leg and that has helped without any noticeable difference elsewhere.....yet.

#6823 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Can't find it on their homepage, what's the price?

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Can't find it on their homepage, what's the price?

$750.00

#6825 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You wont regret it because this game is awesome and Hobbit’s not. You made a good trade i think.

Really? Dindt play hobbit yet but i have potc and my experience with potc/jjp is that almost every shot brings satisfaction. Certainly not on my munsters... Ok, need to play better perhaps... So hobbit overall experience not even close to potc?

#6826 4 years ago

$750.00 for something that looks like R2-D2 and could come of the shelf of Toys-R-Us (if TAU were still around)?

#6827 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Got my topper today from zack. About to install in in a bit.

#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

So hobbit overall experience not even close to potc?

POTC blows hobbit away imo. Hobbit isnt bad, just not for me personally.

#6829 4 years ago

Latest edition & signed!

E6D33334-5FEA-4969-B888-5C9157BABE90 (resized).jpegE6D33334-5FEA-4969-B888-5C9157BABE90 (resized).jpeg
#6830 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I looked thru the adjustments, and couldn't find one specific to that VUK unless I missed it, I don't think you can alter the power on that one. If you know which adjustment number it is, please let me know. I added 1/2 a turn to the right rear leg and that has helped without any noticeable difference elsewhere....</blockqu

Look under "Feature adjustments" which is under adjustments then MUN. It's the 2nd adjustments column, not the (SPI) first. There will be a"Scoop power".
I'm sorry my Munsters is 100 miles away now but this is how my Aerosmith is so Munsters will be similar. If you sill can find it I am planning a Munsters visit in 2 or 3 days and will get back with better specifics

#6831 4 years ago

Press the "more" button above to see my reply

#6832 4 years ago

Anyone with the Munsters topper having an issue where the raven doesn't pop all the way out. Door only opens about 1/3 of the way. I can see the raven if I am looking off to the left but other then that I cant see it pop out. Is there a setting to adjust? I can manually open the door. I don't feel any resistance. Any ideas?

#6833 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Actually, I got an e-mail from Stern which said it you were an "Insider" you could save a few bucks on stuff like clothes and maybe some art blades or something, LOL. It was nothing I was interested in, and I'm not an "Insider" anyway, I'm just a "Pinball Peasant", so I deleted the e-mail. No toppers or anything most of us Pinball Peasants would want was on sale from what recall.

I got a 10 percent Insider discount code for Black Friday. I used it to get the Deadpool topper. It accepted the code and have me the discount. A steal at today’s stern prices

#6834 4 years ago

I'll check that out. Im in Grandpa mode now. Family came by before heading home after the holiday. Gotta be a good Grandpa and "step away from the pinball machines hahaha#

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Anyone with the Munsters topper having an issue where the raven doesn't pop all the way out. Door only opens about 1/3 of the way. I can see the raven if I am looking off to the left but other then that I cant see it pop out. Is there a setting to adjust? I can manually open the door. I don't feel any resistance. Any ideas?

There's no setting to adjust. Did it used to come open all the way and now it doesn't or did you just get the topper and it wont open all the way? I would be willing to bet there is some wires that are in the way or something . The topper isnt that hard to take apart, its just time consuming. My first topper was doing the same thing and there was some wires that the raven was catching on when it would try to come out. That sucks and so does sterns quality control.

#6836 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There's no setting to adjust. Did it used to come open all the way and now it doesn't or did you just get the topper and it wont open all the way? I would be willing to bet there is some wires that are in the way or something . The topper isnt that hard to take apart, its just time consuming. My first topper was doing the same thing and there was some wires that the raven was catching on when it would try to come out. That sucks and so does sterns quality control.

I broke it all way down today. Made sure the wires were good. Check the mech for burs. (Thought maybe it was getting snag on the metal. It Moved freely. Yea I know. The quality control team is horrible. Seems like the plunger needs to hit harder and stay on sooner. If that makes sense. I guess I will reach out to stern in the am.

#6837 4 years ago

Just got the topper this weekend. Missed that

#6838 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Just got the topper this weekend. Missed that

Call them tomorrow and make them send you a new one out. Its bullshit that they arent testing these toppers before they leave the factory. It's their fault, make them send you a new one..I just hope it doesnt take them 5 months to get you a replacement like it did.me. I love the topper but I will be amazed if it works for very long.

#6839 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Had the same issue. Used a drill to widen the hole for pole that spins the arms on the face by about 1 mm.

Been working fine since.

#6840 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Had the same issue. Used a drill to widen the hole for pole that spins the arms on the face by about 1 mm.
Been working fine since.

I dont understand? It's his raven door that isnt opening all the way. Are you talking about the clock or the raven door?

#6841 4 years ago

The clock works fine. It's pretty accurate. It's the raven door. It doesn't swing all the way open. Just about 1/3 of the way.

#6842 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I had a Hobbit on order a few years ago but luckily played one before mine was shipped. I hated it - so I told my distributor to send me something else, anything. GB was coming out so I got the premium which was about the same price. 'Glad I did it. Many can't stand Munsters but love Hobbit - I guess different people like different games and that's certainly OK. It's always best to play a game before you buy if you can. I've been a big JJP supporter since day #1 and think they make a great game but Hobbit didn't do it for me. It's better to sell a game you really don't like than to keep it in your collection and try to convince yourself you like it.

Quoted from Munsters:

Really? Didnt play hobbit yet but i have potc and my experience with potc/jjp is that almost every shot brings satisfaction. Certainly not on my munsters... Ok, need to play better perhaps... So hobbit overall experience not even close to potc?

I have nothing bad to say about the Hobbit. It was very well built and had plenty of innovations i was happy to see. Without going into a big review it just wasnt for me. I had it set as fast as I could and it still felt slow and there were so many things on the playfield that would block shots or cause the ball to do weird stuff and I felt like there was only one way to play it and be successful. I am happy with my Munsters so far and I really do think they are going to come out with a update that is going to bring int all together.

I have played plenty of other JJP games and I think the Hobbit was really their only flop. I like what they were trying and I see why some people would like it but it just wasnt for me.

#6843 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

I have nothing bad to say about the Hobbit. It was very well built and had plenty of innovations i was happy to see. Without going into a big review it just wasnt for me. I had it set as fast as I could and it still felt slow and there were so many things on the playfield that would block shots or cause the ball to do weird stuff and I felt like there was only one way to play it and be successful. I am happy with my Munsters so far and I really do think they are going to come out with a update that is going to bring int all together.
I have played plenty of other JJP games and I think the Hobbit was really their only flop. I like what they were trying and I see why some people would like it but it just wasnt for me.

If Stern does not come out with an update would you be disappointed?

#6844 4 years ago

Still no reply from @cointaker?

Could you send me a PM about the topper order I placed almost a month ago!

Thanks

#6845 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Still no reply from cointaker?
Could you send me a PM about the topper order I placed almost a month ago!
Thanks

Interesting. When I ordered mine, I got one response on a text but got no responses on two more texts to Melissa. In the past she has been very responsive. I did get my topper however. Direct from Stern. So the good news is you should get your topper eventually.

#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If Stern does not come out with an update would you be disappointed?

honestly yeah I probably would. I actually played a 450mil game when I was home for lunch, that kitty shot is key for sure. There are a lot of things that could be done to the game and right now I feel there are parts/things/places in the game that are under utilized. What exactly...? I dont know. There just could be more.

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

honestly yeah I probably would. I actually played a 450mil game when I was home for lunch, that kitty shot is key for sure. There are a lot of things that could be done to the game and right now I feel there are parts/things/places in the game that are under utilized. What exactly...? I dont know. There just could be more.

Strong rumor has it, Stern is coming out with a much needed update, even though game is good now. So we aren’t going to be disappointed imo.

#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Strong rumor has it, Stern is coming out with a much needed update, even though game is good now. So we aren’t going to be disappointed imo

I agree. Stern has figured this out and have it down to an art. They will come out with a big update toward the end of production to help boost the last 1000 pro sales or whatever. Deadpool and a lot of others came out with a awesome update that really added a lot to the game over a year after it was out. I also agree Munsters is a great game now but without a update I see myself trading it in a year or so. With the right update it could be staying in my collection for a very long time just like Deadpool will.

I would like to see Munsters use the pop bumpers and spinner more (right now they are just there, I nail them as much as I can when I have that multiplier going though). Maybe do something with the scoop when grandpa isnt lit, or just do something with it i dont know. Maybe do something a little more with the Dracula shot just to name a few

#6849 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Strong rumor has it, Stern is coming out with a much needed update, even though game is good now. So we aren’t going to be disappointed imo.

Strong rumor from inside Stern?
And when ?

#6850 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Strong rumor from inside Stern?
And when ?

- Yes

- No time frame given

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/137?hl=bigjoecincy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.