IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 237.
#6751 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The fact that nightly I can get over 120 after a few games is a pretty consistent strategy

That’s a great strategy for consistency it seems like. Nice work!

#6752 4 years ago

And that's exactly why I do the same thing we are just going about it a bit differently I try to line up as many kitty hits as I can and get thru spot and Grandpa as quick as possible. I then go into the multiballs with 6x and Lily going and if I can keep it going for a bit and make it into Munster madness with 6x then I know I'll have a 150mil + score. If I can stack 5 or more super jackpots that's a bonus 30 mil right there if I can collect. The reason I stack the kitty shots is if I do drain on Herman or Raven I at least have a chance of 2 or 3x on Munster madness which will still be a 100+ mil game.

#6753 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I am considering getting the plasma towers (it is a set of two) to be placed on top. They plug into the usb port, is that safe?[quoted image]

Those plasma balls are made REALLY cheap - I have a couple, and always play it safe by plugging them in separately. They're 5V which is fairly low voltage but it can still blow your boards if something craps out.

#6754 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

And that's exactly why I do the same thing we are just going about it a bit differently I try to line up as many kitty hits as I can and get thru spot and Grandpa as quick as possible. I then go into the multiballs with 6x and Lily going and if I can keep it going for a bit and make it into Munster madness with 6x then I know I'll have a 150mil + score. If I can stack 5 or more super jackpots that's a bonus 30 mil right there if I can collect. The reason I stack the kitty shots is if I do drain on Herman or Raven I at least have a chance of 2 or 3x on Munster madness which will still be a 100+ mil game.

All or nothing for me. I rarely play this in competition so this is the strat I use as it’s the most exciting. Obviously it rarely works though. Haha

#6755 4 years ago

Ok the back box speakers in my Munsters premium need to go!

They sound blown out (especially the left one) when I turn the volume up past about 17.

Can anyone recommend good backbox speakers that are plug and play replacements?

Amazon links appreciated!

#6756 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Ok the back box speakers in my Munsters premium need to go!
They sound blown out (especially the left one) when I turn the volume up past about 17.
Can anyone recommend good backbox speakers that are plug and play replacements?
Amazon links appreciated!

Here are the same ones in the LE model as "Sterns premium sound system". They sound pretty good but you'll need to get the speaker plates changes to accommodate them.

ebay.com link: Kenwood 5 25 2 Ways Round Coaxial Car Speakers KFC 1366S

#6757 4 years ago

Thanks...I ordered those kenwoods and the 5 1/4 adapters and gaskets from pinball life but somewhere I read that spacers were also needed. Now I cant find the bloody post that lists what spacers are needed. Ugh!

#6758 4 years ago

Today I am trading my Hobbit for a Munsters Prem. I think The Hobbit is worth a little more but its just not doing it for me and I think I could have a lot of fun with this one. Thoughts....?

#6759 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

Today I am trading my Hobbit for a Munsters Prem. I think The Hobbit is worth a little more but its just not doing it for me and I think I could have a lot of fun with this one. Thoughts....?

I think you’re making a great trade personally. Ive played both and Munsters is much more fun imo.

#6760 4 years ago

I’m in as of yesterday. Got a 300 play premium that’s flawless and the price was right. Thanks to the downvoters who saved me thousands. What a quirky hobby.

2DB16E6E-DA6A-4951-BE45-7C0E8EFF1391 (resized).jpeg2DB16E6E-DA6A-4951-BE45-7C0E8EFF1391 (resized).jpeg
#6761 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

I’m in as of yesterday. Got a 300 play premium that’s flawless and the price was right. Thanks to the downvoters who saved me thousands. What a quirky hobby.[quoted image]

Welcome to the Club of shame.

#6762 4 years ago

I traded my WOZ RR for a Munsters LE with tons of mods on it. I don't regret the trade at all. Love my game.

#6763 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

I’m in as of yesterday. Got a 300 play premium that’s flawless and the price was right. Thanks to the downvoters who saved me thousands. What a quirky hobby.[quoted image]

Congrats!

#6764 4 years ago

You both traded up. Welcome to one of the best clubs and games ever made.

#6765 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Thanks...I ordered those kenwoods and the 5 1/4 adapters and gaskets from pinball life but somewhere I read that spacers were also needed. Now I cant find the bloody post that lists what spacers are needed. Ugh!

Pinball Life has them:

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-spacers.html

#6766 4 years ago

thanks...found them. I think I need 1/2” spacers. Order placed

#6767 4 years ago

Congrats to all the new members...A really great, fun game!!!

#6768 4 years ago

I listed my HUO premium today in the marketplace if someone is looking for one. It's fully loaded and has under 150 plays.

#6769 4 years ago

Just joined the club of shame

2151CC2C-A383-4064-8ACD-BC6211B7B875 (resized).jpeg2151CC2C-A383-4064-8ACD-BC6211B7B875 (resized).jpeg
#6770 4 years ago

A couple questions please. With 1.02 code what game adjustments are you making if your a decent player.And I noticed no coin door high power shutdown,is that normal. Thanks

#6771 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

As a player who takes his tilts to the knifes edge, no... shakers are the bane to us edgy nudgers. If it is one thing I can not stand is when I have a machine rolling- multiball! jackpot!... jackpot!... jackpot!... Shaker... Danger... jackpot!... Danger Danger... Shaker... TILT
Now as an operator... “Shake that money-maker, baby!!”

I had this happen to me today, multiball then it tilted. Is there a way to adjust the intensity on the Stern shaker?

#6772 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I had this happen to me today, multiball then it tilted. Is there a way to adjust the intensity on the Stern shaker?

I remove the plum bobs from my cabs on arrival. I have them all in the coin box.

I also set number of balls to 10 and set all ball save timers to max.

I know. I know.

Imma bad bad person.

But I’m terrible at pinball. I haven’t played them much until I started having them in my home.

Quoted from bellbrand:

Just joined the club of shame [quoted image]

If there really is a pinside club of shame I think I just applied for membership with my above comments.

#6773 4 years ago

Well 6 white boomer delivery service, finally delivered our Munster topper down under (topper...down under, lol)! Very cool and awesome indeed!!
7FD91AF9-30F3-4177-9DE4-30B38C88AF2C (resized).jpeg7FD91AF9-30F3-4177-9DE4-30B38C88AF2C (resized).jpeg

3235F24A-ACF4-4827-85BD-729C7F1A37E9 (resized).jpeg3235F24A-ACF4-4827-85BD-729C7F1A37E9 (resized).jpeg
#6774 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well 6 white boomer delivery service, finally delivered our Munster topper down under (topper...down under, lol)! Very cool and awesome indeed!![quoted image]

Looks great Thunderbird, cant wait to get mine. Its really the icing on the cake for this awesome pin imo.

#6775 4 years ago

Still no secret mania from anyone?

#6776 4 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

I’ve asked about three times in six months. Crickets!

#6777 4 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

When Dwight referred to a secret mania being in the game do you think he meant ”midnight madness”?

#6778 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

For me it's "Home Use Only" I don't even install the tilt weight in my machines... not that I shake them very much anyway

#6779 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

For me it's "Home Use Only" I don't even install the tilt weight in my machines... not that I shake them very much anyway

Same here. It has been suggested that I should remove the glides and put casters on the legs because of the distance I end up moving them around when "nudging".

#6780 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

When Dwight referred to a secret mania being in the game do you think he meant ”midnight madness”?

Nope. Not at all.

#6781 4 years ago

Good Afternoon. Is there a way to add a little directional adjustment to the VUK coming out of the Grandpa Scoop? 95% of the time it kicks the ball out of the scoop, it wants to head SDTM between the flippers. I'm not one who likes to nudge, and it's getting annoying. I put the Grandpa Scoop Rubber in there several month's back, but it was doing the same before that. I'm thinking there may be a way of loosening the mounting screws and cocking it to the side just a hair then re-tightening, so it doesn't slam a fastball right between the flippers. Any thoughts

#6782 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Good Afternoon. Is there a way to add a little directional adjustment to the VUK coming out of the Grandpa Scoop? 95% of the time it kicks the ball out of the scoop, it wants to head SDTM between the flippers. I'm not one who likes to nudge, and it's getting annoying. I put the Grandpa Scoop Rubber in there several month's back, but it was doing the same before that. I'm thinking there may be a way of loosening the mounting screws and cocking it to the side just a hair then re-tightening, so it doesn't slam a fastball right between the flippers. Any thoughts

Odd....mine does not do that... heads for the left flipper..

#6783 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I have had mine out of the play field but I am a little fuzzy on just how it is attached. It is bolted into a fixed position. You might be able to take a Dremel Tool and open up the two bolt holes and shift the direction just a bit. But it is not designed to be moved. I'd have to go in and look around again.

#6784 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Odd....mine does not do that... heads for the left flipper..

same here.

#6785 4 years ago

Hmmmmmm..... ok, Wednesday night, I'll open it up and see just where my side to side level is at. Make sure there's no tilt issue. I never see the ball favor one side of the machine or the other, but I'll get this figured out. Too bad I can't reduce the power to that coil. I don't ever remember seeing an option for that in the utilities. Flippers yes.

#6786 4 years ago

Added some art blades yesterday. Although my gotg has some better quality ones these aren't too shabby after all. Had to cut out the holes for the hinge screws but that came out nice.
0EE5518D-35B5-4126-AD49-4B64A5FC67ED (resized).jpeg0EE5518D-35B5-4126-AD49-4B64A5FC67ED (resized).jpeg16188492-6FEE-48F5-B872-A1F8555CD0FB (resized).jpeg16188492-6FEE-48F5-B872-A1F8555CD0FB (resized).jpeg

#6787 4 years ago

Want to replace the stock speakers in the backbox and am wondering which size these are. I guess they are 4" speakers but the mounting holes are a 'convenient' 4.5".

Someone got some insights they can share?

B757CC20-6433-4A75-9876-0CEB68486D98 (resized).jpegB757CC20-6433-4A75-9876-0CEB68486D98 (resized).jpeg71814D71-26A5-45F9-8CF4-C4CFAE73ECBC (resized).jpeg71814D71-26A5-45F9-8CF4-C4CFAE73ECBC (resized).jpeg4FFC94BE-966E-494D-AC3A-C78C68580F1C (resized).jpeg4FFC94BE-966E-494D-AC3A-C78C68580F1C (resized).jpeg
#6788 4 years ago

Same.

#6789 4 years ago

Well I'm happy to say that Stern FINALLY sent my replacement topper and surprisingly it seems to be working fine as far as I can tell. My raven door didnt shut once but I pushed it back in with my finger and it's worked ok ever since.

If this thing will work and not be a pain in the ass it will be a killer and must have mod for anyone planning on keeping this game. Its really very very cool and it looks beautiful. It adds a lot to an already awesome pinball machine.
20191125_165104 (resized).jpg20191125_165104 (resized).jpg

Oh yeah and the game has been sitting pretty much for the last couple of months and i played it a lot after i put the topper on today and this game is just loads of fun and makes me smile every time that i hit the start button. Anyone who is sitting out and not buying this game because of all the BS on this site about it is missing out on a great pinball experience. Maybe I'm weird but i freakin love this game!

#6790 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I'm happy to say that Stern FINALLY sent my replacement topper and surprisingly it seems to be working fine as far as I can tell. My raven door didnt shut once but I pushed it back in with my finger and it's worked ok ever since.
If this thing will work and not be a pain in the ass it will be a killer and must have mod for anyone planning on keeping this game. Its really very very cool and it looks beautiful. It adds a lot to an already awesome pinball machine.
[quoted image]
Oh yeah and the game has been sitting pretty much for the last couple of months and i played it a lot after i put the topper on today and this game is just loads of fun and makes me smile every time that i hit the start button. Anyone who is sitting out and not buying this game because of all the BS on this site about it is missing out on a great pinball experience. Maybe I'm weird but i freakin love this game!

Awesome, I do have a question. I don't have the ceiling height to allow this topper on top of the machine, what is the supplied wire length? Thinking maybe I can side mount it on a shelf next to the machine, just a thought. Thanks.

#6791 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Awesome, I do have a question. I don't have the ceiling height to allow this topper on top of the machine, what is the supplied wire length? Thinking maybe I can side mount it on a shelf next to the machine, just a thought. Thanks.

Mine had a length pretty much the height of the back box itself. There really isn't any extra length. But, I'm sure you could grab a longer Cat5 cable, and splice a section into the power cable.

#6792 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Mine had a length pretty much the height of the back box itself. There really isn't any extra length. But, I'm sure you could grab a longer Cat5 cable, and splice a section into the power cable.

It just hooks up with a cat 5e cable only?

**update** Okay found my answer thank you, I can use a cat5e coupler and extend the cat5e cable with no issues, just need to make a power plug extension cable.

Thanks again

#6793 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Want to replace the stock speakers in the backbox and am wondering which size these are. I guess they are 4" speakers but the mounting holes are a 'convenient' 4.5".
Someone got some insights they can share?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They are considered 4" speakers, but as you can see they have more of what I would call "mounting slots" instead of tight "mounting holes". This can cause some issues when buying other replacement 4" speakers (especially if they have tight, round mounting holes). You may want to keep an eye out for speakers that have the elongated mounting holes like the factory speakers or the more open mounting forks on each corner of the speakers.

Stern used the same mounting size and spacing on all of their games from Data East's Back to the Future - Ghostbusters.....and then decided to go with 2 mounting points (instead of the 4 that everyone else in the world uses) and spaced them differently for some reason.

#6794 4 years ago

so strange sensation... meet this pin again on a tournament this week-end, in the freezone, and again, i enjoy playing it as it
but in the same time, if i ask myself : would i have it home ? the answer is more to the "no" side... :/

about the secret mania : for those who knows, is this a secret skillshot ?

#6795 4 years ago

Hi everyone this is my first post. I am a new owner of a munsters pro. I am trying to update to 1.02. I downloaded the file went to my winrar. Its a .000 file. Is it just a matter of highlighting E:/ for the usb drive abd dropping that file onto the usb drive? I did this and plugged it in and turned on my machine but got nothing. Going to try a new usb drive when i get home. Or am i missing a step or something? Thanks in advance for any help!Going to try a new usb drive and see if that helps in the pic below is that the file i need to drop on my E:/ flash drive? Thanks

11DA36D9-C997-4C73-A838-7F58C07594B8 (resized).jpeg11DA36D9-C997-4C73-A838-7F58C07594B8 (resized).jpeg
#6796 4 years ago

Put it on your computer first then put the file only onto the flash drive.

#6797 4 years ago

After all of the talk on strategy I was finally able to break my previous gc from over a month ago. The only real change to my strategy.for this table was to keep pounding kitty while in multi all to keep it going. I still waited for multiball. I got things lined up with 6x playfield going into Herman, then Raven, and finally Munster madness. A lucky run without draining. I also focused on keeping Lily going during these modes. It was a really fun run and my best Munster madness to date. I've also been focusing on getting control of the balls in multiballs in league and it really paid off. I really wanted to crack 300 and my last ball was a complete waste but I hope to do it soon.

When I did the last code update I didn't reset everything. Is the extra ball now on 8 modes complete for you all as well? I remember it being around 4 on the code my machine came with.
IMG_20191126_222807 (resized).jpgIMG_20191126_222807 (resized).jpg

#6798 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

They are considered 4" speakers, but as you can see they have more of what I would call "mounting slots" instead of tight "mounting holes". This can cause some issues when buying other replacement 4" speakers (especially if they have tight, round mounting holes). You may want to keep an eye out for speakers that have the elongated mounting holes like the factory speakers or the more open mounting forks on each corner of the speakers.
Stern used the same mounting size and spacing on all of their games from Data East's Back to the Future - Ghostbusters.....and then decided to go with 2 mounting points (instead of the 4 that everyone else in the world uses) and spaced them differently for some reason.

Thanks for the info. I ended op ordering a set of those:

https://www.lautsprechershop.de/chassis2/tangband-w4-657_en.htm

tangband_w4_657_gross (resized).jpgtangband_w4_657_gross (resized).jpg
#6799 4 years ago

Is there a mod that can be connected to the stern shaker to control the intensity?

#6800 4 years ago

I don't think they have any pwm controllers that will work with SPIKE game like Munsters.

Quoted from AdeptJR:

Is there a mod that can be connected to the stern shaker to control the intensity?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/136?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.