IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 237.
#6651 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

So there didn't appear to be any Lily light action? is there not one, or was it not working?

Yes you are right. I noticed it also after watching the video. My friend fixed the issue with the Lilly flasher. Seems like something was loose and needed to be tightened down. Seems to be working now. thanks for watching the video.

#6652 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Here is a follow up picture a posting that I asked what is it. It was slime for around the monitor and speakers, and the coin insert.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmm. I don't know. It is different.

#6653 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hmmm. I don't know. It is different.

Different = ugly as all fuck!!!!

#6654 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

In Australia they sell out in quick time there is actually a waiting list. The Jurassic Park LE has sold out and not even sure they have shipped to OZ yet.
The Munsters LE sold out before it was announced pretty sure.

You will sell your game, you just need to be patient. There are plenty of MUNLEs in Australia and everybody that wanted one got one or got one second hand as a few people did not like it. It is just supply and demand. Right now no demand for munsters. The demand will come back, you just need to be patient. JP2 looks good so that is not helpimg you either. Same thing happened with TWD. Look what happened to the value of that game.

#6655 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Same thing happened with TWD. Look what happened to the value of that game.

I have pinside's archived TWD sales page up. What happened with TWD prices? I don't see anything that looks unusual with prices. I don't see any price spikes on the LE models.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&radius_latitude=37.675&radius_longitude=-97.32&keywords=&ad_machine_key=2211&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=&year_to=&radius_distancekm=0&sort_by=ad_end_date&sort_order=DESC#results

#6656 4 years ago

Do you remember when people kept saying "look at how many Munsters games are for sale, nobody likes it"......well look at how many TWD games are for sale, it must suck also I guess huh?

#6657 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you remember when people kept saying "look at how many Munsters games are for sale, nobody likes it"......well look at how many TWD games are for sale, it must suck also I guess huh?

Yes. And when I went looking at the Pinside archived pages of sales I did not see anything to support the "sky is falling on Munsters" mantra, either It just seems like everybody is looking for their 15 minutes of fame. People love a shit show, so climbing on with bad "news" will get an audience.

#6658 4 years ago

I am talking about Australia Cotton, not sure about the USA. When TWD came out there was LEs available new for at least a year after released. Was hard to sell pros and premiums too. New and used could not be sold for ages. Fast forward 5 years and now all versions are one of the most wanted games in Australia. Same thing may happen with MUNLE. Only difference is there are a lot more MUNLE in Australia than TWDLE.

You guys in the USA have access to a lot more pinball machines and parts than us in Australia.

#6659 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You were worried about the game losing value because the code isn't any good. I just gave you some friendly advice to not buy games before you play them and get an idea if the code is any good or not. No offense but it's just a rally bad idea to buy a game not knowing anything whatsoever about it. I just love it when people buy a game before they even see it and then later get pissed and say it sucks.

I guess I really didn't state what I was thinking clear enough. I want the game to be considered an all-time classic. In high demand, excitement, buzz, and valued, including monetarily. Instead there's a consensus that the game is crap or a joke and it's become a punching bag. I mean, it's rated #70 in the top 100...that's bs! This should be a consensus top 20 pin. Yeah, I know, don't ever expect sanity in Pinside ratings. Still, I want the game to be recognized as one of the best ever. Not because I want to feel better about my purchase, but simply because that's where it *should* be.

Unfortunately I don't think the perception will change without a big code update. Right now that is the main complaint of the game. A massive code update removes the biggest criticism.

This was my first NIB. I bought a LE because I wanted the lower playfield and color. There was no opportunity to play before I committed to buy. I don't regret the purchase and love the game. I just wish the narrative would change and that more people love it as much as we do.

#6660 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. And when I went looking at the Pinside archived pages of sales I did not see anything to support the "sky is falling on Munsters" mantra, either It just seems like everybody is looking for their 15 minutes of fame. People love a shit show, so climbing on with bad "news" will get an audience.

LE's are selling for $7k, brand new they were as much as $9500 when factoring in sales tax. That's a $2500 drop or 26%. Pro's have been selling for $4400 or less (some aren't even selling at $4200), which is a 33% decline from purchase price. It's not climbing on with bad news, it's showing what effect the bad news has had on the value, which sucks. The only way to change that narrative is to remove the source of the badmouthing, i.e. an amazing code update.

#6661 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

The only way to change that narrative is to remove the source of the badmouthing, i.e. an amazing code update.

All I can say is sit tight.......

#6662 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Here is a follow up picture a posting that I asked what is it. It was slime for around the monitor and speakers, and the coin insert.[quoted image][quoted image]

Why is there "GOO" on your machine and not spider webs?

#6663 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I guess I really didn't state what I was thinking clear enough. I want the game to be considered an all-time classic. In high demand, excitement, buzz, and valued, including monetarily. Instead there's a consensus that the game is crap or a joke and it's become a punching bag. I mean, it's rated #70 in the top 100...that's bs! This should be a consensus top 20 pin. Yeah, I know, don't ever expect sanity in Pinside ratings. Still, I want the game to be recognized as one of the best ever. Not because I want to feel better about my purchase, but simply because that's where it *should* be.
Unfortunately I don't think the perception will change without a big code update. Right now that is the main complaint of the game. A massive code update removes the biggest criticism.
This was my first NIB. I bought a LE because I wanted the lower playfield and color. There was no opportunity to play before I committed to buy. I don't regret the purchase and love the game. I just wish the narrative would change and that more people love it as much as we do.

I feel your pain believe me. I have defended this game like crazy because I love it so much and I think it's a shame what a handful of people have done to it here on Pinside.

With that being said though I still love the game and I think its tons of fun and that will never change for me in a million years. I do 100% believe that we will see more code for this game. It probably wont ever be super deep like alot of games are but I think you will see a nice update or two in time. This game is sweet though and I'm proud to have it in my collection.

#6664 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

All I can say is sit tight.......

Agreed.....posted a narrative back a bit stating why the trolls were able to create a "perfect storm" around this game. Even after all of that, people still buy the machine, love the machine, and join the club....just as there are those that code alone (in whatever fashion) will never get them to like it. It just happens on here.

Machines gain more/ less perceived value by simply not being readily available anymore....some with code, some just after time.

Manufacturers have taken the notion of flipping new games out of the equation...they're all too expensive, QC issues, etc. If you're not planning on holding onto a game for awhile, I wouldn't buy it. If you want the pinside world to love your game...not gonna happen.

I see ALL new games taking big hits on initial resale, regardless of being beloved early or not (won't drop any title names as it would cause another shitstorm).

Munsters is Munsters.....doesn't need saving, just some attention and time....a great game...

#6665 4 years ago

I am talking about Australia Cotton, not sure about the USA. When TWD came out there was LEs available new for at least a year after released. Was hard to sell pros and premiums too. New and used could not be sold for ages. Fast forward 5 years and now all versions are one of the most wanted games in Australia. Same thing may happen with MUNLE. Only difference is there are a lot more MUNLE in Australia than TWDLE.
You guys in the USA have access to a lot more pinball machines and parts than us in Australia.

The reason was that TWD when it was first released had unfinished code and eventually Lyman knocked it out of the park code wise. I had an early TWD and nobody wanted them and honestly it wasn't that fun of a game, but once Lyman went back to work on the code it became an incredibly fun pin. Hopefully the same happens with Munsters but Dwight hasn't done Stern or us Munsters owners any favors by repeatedly saying "the code is done".

#6666 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Everyone should hope for great code up dates no matter what pin they are taking about. Munsters is a great shooter and has great art, but could be a "classic" with great code.

#6667 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

The reason was that TWD when it was first released had unfinished code and eventually Lyman knocked it out of the park code wise. I had an early TWD and nobody wanted them and honestly it wasn't that fun of a game, but once Lyman went back to work on the code it became an incredibly fun pin. Hopefully the same happens with Munsters but Dwight hasn't done Stern or us Munsters owners any favors by repeatedly saying "the code is done".

Agree with you Ven. Dwight said GB code was done too. Time will tell with Munsters. I really like the game how it is. Be happy with what you have.

#6668 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Dwight hasn't done Stern or us Munsters owners any favors by repeatedly saying "the code is done".

Dwight said GB code was done too. Time will tell with Munsters.

Dwight will do what he is told to do no matter what his code opinions were then or now, ok I'll drop the mic now and leave it at that

#6669 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Manufacturers have taken the notion of flipping new games out of the equation...they're all too expensive, QC issues, etc. If you're not planning on holding onto a game for awhile, I wouldn't buy it.

I see ALL new games taking big hits on initial resale, regardless of being beloved early or not (won't drop any title names as it would cause another shitstorm).
Munsters is Munsters.....doesn't need saving, just some attention and time....a great game...

You’re absolutely right that this isn’t limited to Munsters. Resale of games is most likely going to take a bigger hit than in the past because the value of games to most haven’t increased as fast as Stern’s pricing. The people that have to have LEs or games at launch before we gave any idea where code is going to end up are going to be paying NIB premiums they simply won’t get back. The days of Tron LE are long gone. The *only* benefit (and a questionable one at that) is that Stern has pretty much killed the NIB flipper market. They are still some that try, but, with one exception (Batman SLE) I don’t know of any titles in the last few years where a straight flip was worth the trouble.

Stern screwed Munsters LE owners big time when they increased the edition to 600. It should have been 300, 400 tops. But the LE price points have gotten ridiculous- see Elvira LE. An almost new game at about $1k under cost hasn’t sold. So you nailed it when you said don’t buy a game NIB these days unless you are pretty sure it’s going to be bolted to the floor for a while because the days of selling games, especially LEs for a few hundred dollars less than you paid for them are over.

#6670 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

LE's are selling for $7k, brand new they were as much as $9500 when factoring in sales tax. That's a $2500 drop or 26%. Pro's have been selling for $4400 or less (some aren't even selling at $4200), which is a 33% decline from purchase price. It's not climbing on with bad news, it's showing what effect the bad news has had on the value, which sucks. The only way to change that narrative is to remove the source of the badmouthing, i.e. an amazing code update.

Pro for $4400 or less.... show me... don't think so
o

#6671 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You’re absolutely right that this isn’t limited to Munsters. Resale of games is most likely going to take a bigger hit than in the past because the value of games to most haven’t increased as fast as Stern’s pricing. The people that have to have LEs or games at launch before we gave any idea where code is going to end up are going to be paying NIB premiums they simply won’t get back. The days of Tron LE are long gone. The *only* benefit (and a questionable one at that) is that Stern has pretty much killed the NIB flipper market. They are still some that try, but, with one exception (Batman SLE) I don’t know of any titles in the last few years where a straight flip was worth the trouble.
Stern screwed Munsters LE owners big time when they increased the edition to 600. It should have been 300, 400 tops. But the LE price points have gotten ridiculous- see Elvira LE. An almost new game at about $1k under cost hasn’t sold. So you nailed it when you said don’t buy a game NIB these days unless you are pretty sure it’s going to be bolted to the floor for a while because the days of selling games, especially LEs for a few hundred dollars less than you paid for them are over.

With all of the flipping going on with increasing prices, Stern probably decided it was leaving money on the table. That could come back to bite Stern in the rear if the speculation buyers go away.

The other LE screw job, IMO, was bringing out the color premium. I bought my LE with 55 plays on. I guess that makes it a used purchase. Had I known that a color premium was coming I might have waited and got a new color premium. So, Stern, fool me once and shame on you; Fool me twice and shame on me.

#6672 4 years ago

My apologies. I was not thinking Australia. I have no idea what your markets are like.

#6673 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The other LE screw job, IMO, was bringing out the color premium. I bought my LE with 55 plays on. I guess that makes it a used purchase. Had I known that a color premium was coming I might have waited and got a new color premium.

Good point. Stern did that because the LEs sold out quickly and the BW Premiums were very polarizing. They wanted to milk everything out of the initial hype for the title before everyone realized the code was pretty much what it was going to be. I wonder how long people sitting on the fence because of code will wait before moving on and writing off Munsters for another game. If Stern is working on a substantial update they need to get it done while the potential demand is still there.

#6674 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My apologies. I was not thinking Australia. I have no idea what your markets are like.

All good!

#6675 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Spot on.....can't speak to a "bubble bursting", but playfields, wallets, unlimited# LE's? Yep, they're all bursting in various ways. Easy to pick on Munsters but it's just how it is on any NIB anymore. The actual push to the next (now accepted) pricing strategy wasn't caused by any of the games we are talking about...certainly not Munsters

I think our famous phrase "play it before you buy it" has to be modernized to current state - "play it before you buy it...if you buy it, plan on keeping it awhile"

#6676 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think our famous phrase "play it before you buy it" has to be modernized to current state - "play it before you buy it...if you buy it, plan on keeping it awhile"

And that’s why Stern sells LEs before anyone can play them

#6678 4 years ago

Sorry to interrupt tonight's discussion on value. We bought a B&W premium right after Expo, love the game, no complaints. Well one, the freaking power switch location! It's getting moved to the proper location this weekend. Moving the shaker up by the speaker and drilling a hole. If in 15 years when my kids sell all my games to do God know what and no one buys this game because dad drilled a hole in the bottom, it's not really my problem. But I will die happy not reaching for a switch that's not there.

Thanks,

Now on with the regularly scheduled program...

#6679 4 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Sorry to interrupt tonight's discussion on value. We bought a B&W premium right after Expo, love the game, no complaints. Well one, the freaking power switch location! It's getting moved to the proper location this weekend. Moving the shaker up by the speaker and drilling a hole. If in 15 years when my kids sell all my games to do God know what and no one buys this game because dad drilled a hole in the bottom, it's not really my problem. But I will die happy not reaching for a switch that's not there.
Thanks,

This whole common sense thing....Best post of the day!!!

#6680 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And that’s why Stern sells LEs before anyone can play them

Not just Stern..

#6681 4 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Thanks,

Don't go to all that work moving the power switch. It is buried inside the Spike Power supply. You will have to remove the switch and add some wiring to make a harness.

Do what someone told me to do. Get a remote starter switch. I used some parachute cord to hang the controller on the shooter rod. It works like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Fosmon-Electrical-Weatherproof-Included/dp/B072F9DGRL/ref=sr_1_10

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.47.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.47.09 PM (resized).png

#6682 4 years ago

Thanks, that could work. I’ll try it out.

#6683 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

All the LEs are now sold out at Pinballs.com. That can’t be a bad sign about value.

#6684 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Pro for $4400 or less.... show me... don't think so
o

Here you go. Several others around that price or less were sold outside of Pinside...who knows for how much but likely at asking or lower.

example 1 (resized).JPGexample 1 (resized).JPG
#6685 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

All the LEs are now sold out at Pinballs.com. That can’t be a bad sign about value.

Just because they are sold out doesn’t mean they will retain that value. All the Munsters LEs are sold out too.

#6686 4 years ago
example 2 (resized).JPGexample 2 (resized).JPGexample 3 (resized).JPGexample 3 (resized).JPGexample 4 (resized).JPGexample 4 (resized).JPG
#6687 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Where can I find instructions & coin cards replacements for my Munsters Premium machine? Looking for something a bit different then what was supplied.

here ya go
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5153032

#6689 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Don't go to all that work moving the power switch. It is buried inside the Spike Power supply. You will have to remove the switch and add some wiring to make a harness.
Do what someone told me to do. Get a remote starter switch. I used some parachute cord to hang the controller on the shooter rod. It works like a charm.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

$9 at Home Depot...$19 for a 3-pack.

#6690 4 years ago

Anyone have any used mods left over from selling there game or decided not to use them? Also looking for a used topper.

#6691 4 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Anyone have any used mods left over from selling there game or decided not to use them? Also looking for a used topper.

I sent you a PM.

#6692 4 years ago

FYI...I heard from Stern today that the topper is going back into production the end of the month...

#6693 4 years ago

My expensive little block of plastic is here...

Raven (resized).jpgRaven (resized).jpg
#6694 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

My expensive little block of plastic is here...[quoted image]

Ok, gotta ask..... how bad is it?

#6695 4 years ago

My expensive little block of plastic is here...[quoted image]

How big is it? Your picture makes it look huge.

#6696 4 years ago

Last night a friend took me to a bar/arcade I did not know existed.

The lineup:

Jurassic Park Pro

Black Knight Pro ( I think )

Munsters B & W premium

I did not feed the Munsters since I have one.

I'll probably go back to try Black Knight some more.

I did not care for JP at all. I guess there is lots to do. I may feed it one more time and give it a chance, but first time around it did nothing for me. Not my style of pin.

I am happy where I am at. Munster stays.

#6697 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Last night a friend took me to a bar/arcade I did not know existed.
The lineup:
Jurassic Park Pro
Black Knight Pro ( I think )
Munsters B & W premium
I did not feed the Munsters since I have one.
I'll probably go back to try Black Knight some more.
I did not care for JP at all. I guess there is lots to do. I may feed it one more time and give it a chance, but first time around it did nothing for me. Not my style of pin.
I am happy where I am at. Munster stays.

@cottonm4, I have no idea how the Pro plays, or how that guy who has the route has his Pro set up, but, I got my Premium a couple weeks back, and its an awesome game. Tons of fun! Give it a chance.....

#6698 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok, gotta ask..... how bad is it?

About $62 with tax and shipping!

Quoted from cottonm4:

How big is it? Your picture makes it look huge.

It's from the topper so it's only about 1.25" tall.

#6699 4 years ago

About $62 with tax and shipping!

It's from the topper so it's only about 1.25" tall.

Gold is cheaper by the ounce Damn !

I read it somewhere: The only thing that separates the men from boys is the price of their toys.

#6700 4 years ago

Received the plastic and metal guard for the left ramps right opto and the German arm wire. Installed today.

Unplugging the optos from underneath allows you to pull them up more to screw back into the plastic. Otherwise you’ll be trying to line it up forever.

No clear pooling, but stock balls are getting beat up. Game has almost 2000 plays.

14FBDA2D-9ACD-4D19-932B-3CD13CCACABF (resized).jpeg14FBDA2D-9ACD-4D19-932B-3CD13CCACABF (resized).jpeg26862B36-3CB1-4277-8C08-1D20EB5E72B9 (resized).jpeg26862B36-3CB1-4277-8C08-1D20EB5E72B9 (resized).jpeg374055B7-4EE1-4D99-A38E-000C8A219EDF (resized).jpeg374055B7-4EE1-4D99-A38E-000C8A219EDF (resized).jpegC5723C2C-CBCF-46D4-B86A-BA1D336B2F3E (resized).jpegC5723C2C-CBCF-46D4-B86A-BA1D336B2F3E (resized).jpegC5C293DB-B941-43D4-8A36-CFE001187AB7 (resized).jpegC5C293DB-B941-43D4-8A36-CFE001187AB7 (resized).jpegCBDD5B55-62B8-48EC-AB8F-8BC65C9A947A (resized).jpegCBDD5B55-62B8-48EC-AB8F-8BC65C9A947A (resized).jpegF4B17F23-84A2-4510-9F57-5519F481D081 (resized).jpegF4B17F23-84A2-4510-9F57-5519F481D081 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/134?hl=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.