IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 237.
#6451 4 years ago

I submitted a web form for help/warranty work and Pablo got back to me this am. We sorted out the parts and the plastic and Herman left side are in the mail!

I will say having the optos plug and play is pretty handy

#6452 4 years ago

Truly. At least if can be returned

#6453 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Just installed the new version of the topper. Gorgeous, simple install. Began play and as soon as a great ball is going, the raven starts popping out multiple times and the game tilts. Repeated this on the next 3 balls. Ruins a great game. Alas I had hopes. Sent a support message into Stern. We will see. I have not made any adjustments on the tilts mechs at all. Not even sure if there is one in the backbox and the vibrations of the door which is powerful is doing it.

Dang....so wanted this topper....

#6454 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Just installed the new version of the topper. Gorgeous, simple install. Began play and as soon as a great ball is going, the raven starts popping out multiple times and the game tilts. Repeated this on the next 3 balls. Ruins a great game. Alas I had hopes. Sent a support message into Stern. We will see. I have not made any adjustments on the tilts mechs at all. Not even sure if there is one in the backbox and the vibrations of the door which is powerful is doing it.

No tilt sensor in backbox....Raven's door definitely powerful when he shows....sounds like a loose connector on the node board inside the topper....(located inside the topper cover on the left...6 screws I recall)....comes off pretty easy, but bummer....

#6455 4 years ago

Let's see what stern says. Maybe they'll send a new board. Dont want to fully disassemble until I hear from them.

Thanks Mark

#6456 4 years ago

Oh boy, this makes me really anxious to get my 2nd topper, should be here any day now. If the next one is bad they can just stick it in their ass because I'm tired of screwing around with this shit.

#6457 4 years ago

Yea it's a bummer, but could be something simple. I cancelled the 1st one, and was anxious to try the encore. Frustrating.

#6458 4 years ago

I agree with Mark - Raven pops out with a lot of force. You can feel the pin move. Isn’t it also possible your tilt bob is set overly sensitive? Check and see if that is the problem before you take part the topper. I could see it moving the pin enough to trip a sensitive tilt.

#6459 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Let's see what stern says. Maybe they'll send a new board. Dont want to fully disassemble until I hear from them.
Thanks Mark

Agreed....really shouldn't have to screw w something brand new...

#6460 4 years ago

Neeeeed the code to drop and finish this thing off!!!
( my ocd killing me w this thing)

#6461 4 years ago

I dont think its the tilt bob- the raven door is strong but it doesnt move the machine anymore than I do while playing and I dont think I have ever tilted it. Vendor wants to discuss- well see

#6462 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Has anyone else experienced this? When ball enters Herman's area with the magnet, I sometimes hear a harsh knock and can feel it through the box as I play the flippers. It doesnt happen all the time, Herman seems to move the same, and it does not happen when ball is caught by the magnet..... The sound (and feel) is definitely different than the normal sound made when ball enters magnet area........

The Herman shaker is activated by the magnet. You could put a piece of felt between the magnet and activator if it bothers you but it's normal. Another option would be lessen the distance between the magnet and activator but Herman would then shake less.

#6463 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

How does one replace that? Through the top by removing the lower playfield shield or is it done from below?

The wire form just installs from the top! 5 minute fix.

#6464 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I've noticed that my Marilyn led on the left inlane is constantly dimly lit. It still flashes and gets bright, but it never turns off. I've power cycled and and reset to factory settings but it's still on. Is anyone else having this issue?
If this isn't code related what else should I check for?
[quoted image]

I’m seeing the same issue with my Munsters premium that I just brought home nib yesterday. Anyone find the fix for this?

#6465 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

The wire form just installs from the top! 5 minute fix.

Impressive!!!! didn't think I could get to the screws from up there, so dropped the minipf to do mine....pretty straight forward regardless it sounds like.

#6466 4 years ago

Hey guys,

I downloaded the 1.02 code in my Munsters premium and notice that the back box lighting now flashes in Herman Multiball. Also there are several times the back box lights go out during a game. Particularly anytime the playfield lights are out. Also the back box lights are out during the match sequence.

This seem normal and consistent with what you all are seeing?

#6467 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Yes.

#6468 4 years ago

Is the topper supposed to have two hands on the clock, the hour and the minutes?

#6469 4 years ago

How is this game with a shaker motor? I'm going to put one in mine.

#6470 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Hey guys,
I downloaded the 1.02 code in my Munsters premium and notice that the back box lighting now flashes in Herman Multiball. Also there are several times the back box lights go out during a game. Particularly anytime the playfield lights are out. Also the back box lights are out during the match sequence.

Yep...Topper will grab some of that if you ever go that route

#6471 4 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Is the topper supposed to have two hands on the clock, the hour and the minutes?

1 hand approximating the hour. Spins during Raven multihull and other jackpots...Does not currently tell the time of day however. Raven fairly consistent for top of the hour.

#6472 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Love shakers, and this game doesn't disappoint. Some have argued a its bit aggressive, but I'm really happy w it.

Munsters is a very " in your face" sort of game anyway imho, so shaker a good fit...

#6473 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Shaker motor is awesome in Munsters!

#6474 4 years ago

Topper tilt issue resolved.

What a Dumb a$%. I had put the instructions for the topper inside the coin door in a plastic sleeve and had put the sleeve so it was too close to the plumb bob and it was pushing it causing the tilt. So sorry for the post- works great. Now more code!!

#6475 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep...Topper will grab some of that if you ever go that route

Thanks guys!

Observation....

When I go for the double super skill shot (or whatever it’s called where you go for the grandpas basement shot), I notice that the lower playfield doesn’t illuminate like it does when you are completing grandpa’s mode.

You guys notice the same?

#6476 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Definitely put it in. When the first code dropped the shaker was waaaaaaaay too intense. They dialed it back. Stern definitely listens to Pinside. They’ve made three huge changes to Elvira based solely on feedback from here.

#6477 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Thanks guys!
Observation....
When I go for the double super skill shot (or whatever it’s called where you go for the grandpas basement shot), I notice that the lower playfield doesn’t illuminate like it does when you are completing grandpa’s mode.
You guys notice the same?

I am pretty sure that mine is lit up purple until the skill shot timer expires?

#6478 4 years ago

I turned the shaker off when I got pin. It was too violent.

Are you all saying it has been toned down.

#6479 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I turned the shaker off when I got pin. It was too violent.
Are you all saying it has been toned down.

Not if you have a red tremor shaker from Cointaker. That thing is insane.

#6480 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hear that a red tremor will shake your entire house and crack your drywall.

#6481 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’m surprised it doesn’t fall through the floor. It’s seriously insane.

#6482 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

lol....1 lives inside my AlienLE, a very heavy, wide body, set to 50%....has no trouble getting my attention....

#6483 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll check it when I get home. Shook so badly I was afraid it would break a node board.

#6484 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I’ll check it when I get home. Shook so badly I was afraid it would break a node board.

Never understood why Stern doesn’t mount the playfield node boards with rubber grommets. Cheap insurance to prevent vibration damage.

#6485 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How have you not already done this?it's freaking AMAZING!!!!!!

#6486 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Never understood why Stern doesn’t mount the playfield node boards with rubber grommets. Cheap insurance to prevent vibration damage.

That’s not a bad idea. If there is some open space to allow for a grommet that would be a worth while mod.

#6487 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Stern definitely listens to Pinside.

Hence new code is coming............

#6488 4 years ago

Today I collected on my first full week of Munsters Pro public operation. The game exceeded expectation and drew in a couple of 'new' players that are regulars at the bar whom ignored LOTR and Transformers Decepticons LE for the past couple months. I know all locations are different, but I'm quite pleased with it so far. The question is if or how fast the play will drop off. I'm trading in TAF for the transformers in a week or two. Should be an interesting combo of Munsters and TAF in a 2-pin location.

2019-10-24 14.03.41-1 (resized).jpg2019-10-24 14.03.41-1 (resized).jpg2019-10-26 18.27.00 (resized).jpg2019-10-26 18.27.00 (resized).jpg2019-11-03 20.30.31 (resized).jpg2019-11-03 20.30.31 (resized).jpg
#6489 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Hence new code is coming............

Hope you are right bro!

#6490 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Today I collected on my first full week of Munsters Pro public operation. The game exceeded expectation and drew in a couple of 'new' players that are regulars at the bar whom ignored LOTR and Transformers Decepticons LE for the past couple months. I know all locations are different, but I'm quite pleased with it so far. The question is if or how fast the play will drop off. I'm trading in TAF for the transformers in a week or two. Should be an interesting combo of Munsters and TAF in a 2-pin location.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Think that would be a great 2 pin setup on route... you might be surprised how long Munsters holds up...when at Modern Pinball a few months ago, it was getting played non-stop....asked which was the best earner on location, and quick answer "TAF"....many other modern games in there...one in particular (unnamed) that is revered on here as an amazing, innovative pin, was quite lonely.....

#6491 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You will love the shaker. Definitely adds another dimension to the game. Great decision!

#6492 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Hope you are right bro!

It's already happening but no time frame mentioned for the drop but it's in progress, logic would say hopefully in the next few months considering they are still on the line and they want the sales unlike the GB situation 3 years later after production ended then it dropped which doesn't help with the income, but I'm glad they still did it for the owners who desperately needed the update. If you have an in with a stern distributor that is in the know ask them if what I was told is accurate I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

#6493 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And all your screws loose.

#6494 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

And all your screws loose.

No shaker for public operation for sure. It's one reason (although not the primary reason) why I'm ridding of my Transformers LE. My primary focus is robust, unattended operation. I know that is different from most, but that's the main reason why I bought Munsters Pro. It was a comicon show game and came to me with about a 1000 plays. I played a couple hundred more and snugged up everything before placing it. I hope to run it for months without repairs. It's a simple, fun, attractive layout. Out of 600 unattended games, 2 lost ball feeds and 0 missing-ball game starts. That makes me happy.

#6495 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You will love the shaker. Definitely adds another dimension to the game. Great decision!

I could not stand the shaker. The pin shook like a car with an unbalanced wheel at 60 mph. I recently played a WOZ; It had a nice shaker that was much softer but I cannot see what all the buzz with shakers is.

#6496 4 years ago

It took dumb ass me 4 months and several hundred games to figure out that along with the left ramp skill shot that there is also a right ramp Super skill shot that can be played, as well. And then it took me several more games to figure it out. I guess I better read the online manual again.

#6497 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It took dumb ass me 4 months and several hundred games to figure out that along with the left ramp skill shot that there is also a right ramp Super skill shot that can be played, as well. And then it took me several more games to figure it out. I guess I better read the online manual again.

And don’t forget the Grandpas Lab skill shot too

#6498 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

And don’t forget the Grandpas Lab skill shot too

And what is the GL skill shot? I have 4 lit arrows and one lighting bolt to hit. What am I missing?

#6499 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I could not stand the shaker. The pin shook like a car with an unbalanced wheel at 60 mph. I recently played a WOZ; It had a nice shaker that was much softer but I cannot see what all the buzz with shakers is.

We have friends that do not like the shakers either. That is what I love about the hobby, everybody is different.

#6500 4 years ago

I use Sterns shaker on moderate setting and works great, no problems what so ever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/130?hl=bsbdmd83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.