IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 237.
#6401 4 years ago

He will be back in the pinball world have it on good authority he's already been scooped up.

#6402 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not knocking JP and Elvira 3 but they are not even in the same league as Franchi’s art.

Umm, Greg Freres did a perfect art package for Elvira. You’re right - it’s not in the same league as Franchi’s - Greg’s is original and hand drawn.

I can’t defend the JP art, but agree that Munsters is great - though calling it the most beautiful pinball ever made is like calling the Munsters code the worst code ever.

#6403 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Umm, Greg Freres did a perfect art package for Elvira. You’re right - it’s not in the same league as Franchi’s - Greg’s is original and hand drawn.
I can’t defend the JP art, but agree that Munsters is great - though calling it the most beautiful pinball ever made is like calling the Munsters code the worst code ever.

Im pretty sure that Munsters is hand drawn also? Im not knocking Elvira or JP2’s art really, i just think they could have been much better. The art isn't bad but its just not my style personally and believe me, there isn't anyone on this forum that wanted Elvira anymore than me. I truly do believe that Munsters could be the best looking pinball machine of all time, especially the black and white premium model!

#6404 4 years ago

anyone interested in a Munsters black and white for $6300 NIB PM me

#6405 4 years ago
Quoted from bayareapinster:

anyone interested in a Munsters black and white for $6300 NIB PM me

Nice price. I’d be interested if I hadn’t just bought Elvira. The B&W Premium is the best of the bunch.

#6406 4 years ago

Just got word that coin taker is shipping my Munsters topper today. They received a shipment from Stern yesterday.

#6407 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nice price. I’d be interested if I hadn’t just bought Elvira. The B&W Premium is the best of the bunch.

I thought you have been telling us that you did not want a Munsters because of the code. But now I get hints that your interest will change with the price. Am I picking up on this correctly?

#6408 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I thought you have been telling us that you did not want a Munsters because of the code. But now I get hints that your interest will change with the price. Am I picking up on this correctly?

Price is always a consideration.

My interest in the game has never changed.

I was excited for the game from the first rumors. Since the reveal I have always liked Munsters and wanted the game. I love the theme, like how it shoots and think the BW art is near perfect, but not pulled the trigger because of the code (and, to some extent, the clear coat issues). But concerns can always be mitigated to a degree with cash/discounts.

I still wouldn’t buy one from a distributor at their current pricing but the price above got my attention and got me thinking “do I want to gamble on the hope the code will improve significantly?”. It’s moot at this point because money I had for Munsters was spent on Elvira last month, but I’m sure there’s some price point that would make me go “sure, I’ll take it” and I’d find the money for it. If Toy Story doesn’t happen or disappoints, I’ll look at Munsters again. But if the Munsters code wasn’t so disappointing (and Dwight hadn’t said it’s essentially done), I would’ve had Munsters in my game room months ago (and certainly paid more than $6300).

#6409 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Let Stern know. I am fairly sure there is a piece of metal that goes under the plastic to stop that from happening again.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. Stern has a replacement kit for the broken Herman plastic. New unbroken plastic piece plus a steel shock absorber to prevent more breaking. Free Warranty replacement.

Thanks! I just sent info to stern. The bar owner talked to the operator he bought the game from and they got the new optos (left and right, not sure why) but didn't get the new plastic. I replaced the right opto that was broke, so at least the game is up!

#6410 4 years ago
Quoted from Chumbuket:

It’s a shame that Munsters has fallen into the mob mentality. I feel the game is being rated harshly. I purchased my Munsters LE when it first came out for sale and only have grown more fondly of it the longer I own it.
The game is just fun and entertaining. Anytime I want to relax and have a good time I play Munsters. The lower Playfield once flippers set on soft plays like its own pin it’s hella fun. This is my go to game when I don’t want to feel drained from a long complicated pin. I just love Munsters so much fun (thanks John Borg for such a cool layout). I feel happy every time I play this game.

And this^^^ is exactly why I just purchased a NIB Munsters premium that I’ll be picking up at the Stern factory on Tuesday!

I’ve got a TZ, LOTR and POTC for when I want to quest through a deep rule set.

Sometimes I just want a great shooting, fast pin with simple rules and an open layout to beat my personal high score!

Remember when a high score was the goal in pinball?

Had a blast with Munsters at expo this year and look forward to having it in the stable.

I think it’s a great casual four player pin and the press your luck element w superjackpots ups the ante when playing with friends.

Steve

#6411 4 years ago

Is it just me, but it seems like the way the game is designed, it sets you up for failure? Slingshot hits drain down the sides 80% of the time and targets shoot it right back down the center. I love the game but get frustrated from time to time. I will have a good ball, and the next 2 drain without barely hitting it. Just wondering! Maybe mine’s set up wrong or I’m a shitty player.

#6412 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Is it just me, but it seems like the way the game is designed, it sets you up for failure? Slingshot hits drain down the sides 80% of the time and targets shoot it right back down the center. I love the game but get frustrated from time to time. I will have a good ball, and the next 2 drain without barely hitting it. Just wondering! Maybe mine’s set up wrong or I’m a shitty player.

Try raising and lowering legs on left and right sides.

#6413 4 years ago

@GamesbyAPK: As above, I would suggest re-leveling.
I personally use a digital level to ensure game is set up properly.

I find my Munster’s LE plays great at 6.5 pitch.

I haven’t had any concerns with balls off the targets draining down the centre.
However, balls off slings can be punishing down the outlanes.
I find this pin a bit easier to nudge (than Jurassic for example).

#6414 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

What else is new? You should been around when you learned how to shoot the skill shot not to get 50 million points but just to avoid draining down the SDTM.

Having one good ball is called a killer ball. And usually the other two don’t stay in play for very long.

You are in good company.

#6415 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

However, balls off slings can be punishing down the outlanes.

All of John Borgs out lanes are punishing!

#6416 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Talk about a ball trap. Behind Herman's right elbow.
I already know what I will need to do to keep this from happening again. I just want to tear into the pin, at the moment. It is another project to work on. I'll need to remove the left ramp to make the fix. i'll share it with everybody when I get there in a few days.[quoted image]

#6417 4 years ago

Stern has a fix for this already. Wire frame

#6418 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Talk about a ball trap. Behind Herman's right elbow.
I already know what I will need to do to keep this from happening again. I just want to tear into the pin, at the moment. It is another project to work on. I'll need to remove the left ramp to make the fix. i'll share it with everybody when I get there in a few days.[quoted image]

Stern already has a fix for this! I have a wire diverted that they sent me.

#6419 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Stern already has a fix for this! I have a wire diverted that they sent me.

Can you post a picture?
Is there a part number?

Thanks.

#6420 4 years ago

Ball keeps getting stuck in here. Any fixes for that yet?

24AA0E62-E668-4D7F-B1D9-8FF308708C8B (resized).jpeg24AA0E62-E668-4D7F-B1D9-8FF308708C8B (resized).jpeg
#6421 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you post a picture?
Is there a part number?
Thanks.

Sorry don’t know the part number.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6422 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Sorry don’t know the part number.[quoted image]

I don’t know what we are supposed to be seeing in this pic. But whatever it is I am not seeing it.

#6423 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Ball keeps getting stuck in here. Any fixes for that yet?[quoted image]

Ask Chas to send you new wire form w fix

#6424 4 years ago

Admit, it's fun to see new members coming in...Starting to ( slowly) get a club vibe to the thread ....

#6425 4 years ago

...Yes, its taken a while and more good things are coming our Munsters way.

#6426 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Admit, it's fun to see new members coming in...Starting to ( slowly) get a club vibe to the thread ....

Yea, these types of threads help! People see what is stated in the more positive threads and can use that to offset The negativity in the code sucks thread. The game is out less then a year, has a lot to offer as is, and if you see what Dwight has done recently with the new coding talent Stern has hired, one can see a Hugh up side. The game is selling at a discount now due partly to the negative hype. Great opportunity to get a future winner like GB and GOT.

#6427 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Yea, these types of threads help! People see what is stated in the more positive threads and can use that to offset The negativity in the code sucks thread. The game is out less then a year, has a lot to offer as is, and if you see what Dwight has done recently with the new coding talent Stern has hired, one can see a Hugh up side. The game is selling at a discount now due partly to the negative hype. Great opportunity to get a future winner like GB and GOT.

That’s what we’re all counting on: a ton more show content being added. Which it badly needs, even though already a good game. People selling because it currently lacks in game show content. Think they’re bailing out too early and will wish to be back in down the track with code improvements, just like people did with Batman. However Munsters is right now worth buying. Never selling mine!

#6428 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That’s what we’re all counting on: a ton more show content being added. Which it badly needs, even though already a good game. People selling because it currently lacks in game show content. Think they’re bailing out too early and will wish to be back in down the track with code improvements, just like people did with Batman. However Munsters is right now worth buying. Never selling mine!

Yes I am counting on content for my LE!

#6429 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Checking on for sale listings for past 50 days....

7 Iron Maiden
11 Deadpool
7 Black Knight
14 Munsters
6 Jurassic Park
4 Guardians
14 Star Wars

Not sure anything statistically significant here....however....only thing I can state is top 2 most amount of listings are different and same: coded by Dwight; but 1 is deep rules and other is not.

In meantime back to playing Munsters!

#6430 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What’s the issue?

#6431 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Completely agree. I’ve got a gb and the earnings have come back up since the latest update. With Munsters tho I think the premiums do way better on route due to that hmmm I gotta get to that lower playfield feeling! So far it’s earning very well for me.

#6432 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don’t know what we are supposed to be seeing in this pic. But whatever it is I am not seeing it.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6433 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

What’s the issue?

The VUK wireform needs to have a small area taken out to prevent balls from getting stuck at certain times. Has zero effect on gameplay and doesn't even look any different unless you are paying attention.

#6434 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

[quoted image]

OK. I see what you are talking about. It looks this is supposed to keep the ball from getting trapped on Herman’s right arm. Is that correct?

How do we get one of those since you don’t have a part number?

Thanks.

#6435 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

7 Iron Maiden
11 Deadpool
7 Black Knight
14 Munsters
6 Jurassic Park
4 Guardians
14 Star Wars
Not sure anything statistically significant here....however....only thing I can state is top 2 most amount of listings are different and same: coded by Dwight; but 1 is deep rules and other is not.

It looks like pinballers are a fickle lot.

#6436 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I see what you are talking about. It looks this is supposed to keep the ball from getting trapped on Herman’s right arm. Is that correct?
How do we get one of those since you don’t have a part number?
Thanks.

Just send an email to chaz at Stern and he will send you one out.

#6437 4 years ago

Has anyone else experienced this? When ball enters Herman's area with the magnet, I sometimes hear a harsh knock and can feel it through the box as I play the flippers. It doesnt happen all the time, Herman seems to move the same, and it does not happen when ball is caught by the magnet..... The sound (and feel) is definitely different than the normal sound made when ball enters magnet area........

#6438 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Has anyone else experienced this? When ball enters Herman's area with the magnet, I sometimes hear a harsh knock and can feel it through the box as I play the flippers. It doesnt happen all the time, Herman seems to move the same, and it does not happen when ball is caught by the magnet..... The sound (and feel) is definitely different than the normal sound made when ball enters magnet area........

I personally have not noticed this.

#6439 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I personally have not noticed this.

I have. Very infrequent but I know exactly the sound he's talking about. I'm pretty sure it's magnet related because I've heard the exact same sound at times from the magnet on my IM.

#6440 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Yours looks like you have to drill a couple of holes in the play field. Since I have not had a problem with a ball getting trapped on Herman's forearm I think I'll pass on this until it happens. And then I think I will attach some sort of blocker on the the side of the ramp with some double-backed tape.

c5a56b63a8b978d4a1238d3b5926c2532d30fadd (resized).jpgc5a56b63a8b978d4a1238d3b5926c2532d30fadd (resized).jpg

My trap problem is different. The ball was trapped on the the backside of Herman at his elbow. I already know how I am going to fix this. It will be 2-3 days before I can get time to make the fix.

a780118a735f18bf2dc01cc8616c246e4a5100ef (resized).jpga780118a735f18bf2dc01cc8616c246e4a5100ef (resized).jpg

#6441 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yours looks like you have to drill a couple of holes in the play field. Since I have not had a problem with a ball getting trapped on Herman's forearm I think I'll pass on this until it happens. And then I think I will attach some sort of blocker on the the side of the ramp with some double-backed tape.
[quoted image]
My trap problem is different. The ball was trapped on the the backside of Herman at his elbow. I already know how I am going to fix this. It will be 2-3 days before I can get time to make the fix.
[quoted image]

No holes needed drilled. The back part that you can’t see goes underneath the left ramp and mounts to the screw on left side. Since I installed this I had no more balls going behind Herman.

#6442 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

email address..???

#6443 4 years ago
#6444 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

7 Iron Maiden
11 Deadpool
7 Black Knight
14 Munsters
6 Jurassic Park
4 Guardians
14 Star Wars

8 current ads for DI's in the marketplace...didn't go past today. What does any of this mean?...NOTHING.....back to Munsters in the club thread...

#6445 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

How does one replace that? Through the top by removing the lower playfield shield or is it done from below?

#6446 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

How does one replace that? Through the top by removing the lower playfield shield or is it done from below?

Sorry to tell you but from reading other posts on it you will have to remove the lower playfield and disassemble the left side to put the new wireform in. My recommendation is take pictures at each stage of the removal and stage your parts on a piece of paper where you label where they came from that’s the best way to keep track of everything that I found. The very first time I put plastic protectors on my Munsters LE I didn’t write down where the parts came from and damn if it didn’t take me two hours to figure out the correct combination to put them back on. Been keeping track of parts with a list, drawing and photos ever since

#6447 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Have to drop lower play field (4 screws and 1 harness connection) then the whole thing comes out and easy to replace.

Glass off to glass on in under 1 hour...Very straightforward

(taking disassembly pics is always very helpful for insurance)

#6448 4 years ago

Mk6pin &gamerrick thank you for the advice! Such a fun game I love getting to that lower Playfield and flipping those little flippers. Just wish they had springs on them for return to feel snappy.

#6449 4 years ago

Just installed the new version of the topper. Gorgeous, simple install. Began play and as soon as a great ball is going, the raven starts popping out multiple times and the game tilts. Repeated this on the next 3 balls. Ruins a great game. Alas I had hopes. Sent a support message into Stern. We will see. I have not made any adjustments on the tilts mechs at all. Not even sure if there is one in the backbox and the vibrations of the door which is powerful is doing it.

#6450 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Just installed the new version of the topper. Gorgeous, simple install. Began play and as soon as a great ball is going, the raven starts popping out multiple times and the game tilts. Repeated this on the next 3 balls. Ruins a great game. Alas I had hopes. Sent a support message into Stern. We will see. I have not made any adjustments on the tilts mechs at all. Not even sure if there is one in the backbox and the vibrations of the door which is powerful is doing it.

Bummer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/129?hl=chumbuket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.