IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 237.
#6351 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've got one coming too!!! Great minds

It’s my wife’s grail pin. So we had to do it right. Especially since this in home arcade/pinball stuff started with her agreeing to me getting my grail pin AFM LE 3 years ago.

Back on topic for Munsters, does anyone have any tips for adjusting the leaf switch sensitivity on “the machine” in the lower playfield? Do I just remove the glass and go in that way? Do I have to lift the playfield and/or remove the switches to adjust them?

#6352 4 years ago

My Munsters homemade topper. Grandpa electric chair LEDs are integrated and fire off at same time as playfield one. Herman LEDs fire off same time as Herman flasher (and now the LED flashes in the backbox - thx to Stern code update).

Lots of fun making!

425284EC-AD36-4147-AEC1-EA08AAE476D1 (resized).jpeg425284EC-AD36-4147-AEC1-EA08AAE476D1 (resized).jpeg

#6353 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

does anyone have any tips for adjusting the leaf switch sensitivity on “the machine” in the lower playfield? Do I just remove the glass and go in that way? Do I have to lift the playfield and/or remove the switches to adjust them?

Just remove the lower playfield and you will then have full access to make any necessary adjustments. Removing the lower playfield is extremely easy. 4 nuts to remove and a couple of connectors and it come right out. There really isn't any way you can screw it up. Throw a coat of wax on it while you have it out.

#6354 4 years ago

Ok, so the same damned problem is back. The right flipper is slow to return to home position. It's relatively fast returning 3/4 of the way, but slow as molasses the rest. I bent the return spring bracket a little to make the spring a little tighter, and that helped for about 10 minutes, but now its back to the same. So slow it's messing up follow up shots. What the heck do I need to do to fix this? Stronger spring? Contact Stern support?

#6355 4 years ago

Well, I know we'll get that weak flipper return issue fixed, but on the mean time, this is the wife enjoying our Munsters Premium. We put a couple old lamps above it on a shelf, and I like the look ! Notice there's a lot of room on the left of Munsters? JP Premium comes Tuesday!

20191027_162222 (resized).jpg20191027_162222 (resized).jpg20191027_162225 (resized).jpg20191027_162225 (resized).jpg
#6356 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok, so the same damned problem is back. The right flipper is slow to return to home position. It's relatively fast returning 3/4 of the way, but slow as molasses the rest. I bent the return spring bracket a little to make the spring a little tighter, and that helped for about 10 minutes, but now its back to the same. So slow it's messing up follow up shots. What the heck do I need to do to fix this? Stronger spring? Contact Stern support?

northvibe posted for you before.

Same thing, check the coil stop has not come apart and is on properly. If you get stuck, Stern support.

Good Luck!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6357 4 years ago

Munsters Marathon all day today on COZI Tv / Hulu.
So much material for Stern to enhance that title!

#6358 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Agreed and this is the issue many have with why they’re not buying the machine yet.

#6359 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed and this is the issue many have with why they’re not buying the machine yet.

Hearing very strongly that this is being addressed as we complain ummm I mean speak.

#6360 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Hearing very strongly that this is being addressed as we complain ummm I mean speak.

That would be awesome! This is such a wonderful game as is, but would become epic if the code/show material content was significantly increased. Many don’t know how good it is because of the lack of show content.

#6361 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That would be awesome! This is such a wonderful game as is, but would become epic if the code/show material content was significantly increased. Many don’t know how good it is because of the lack of show content.

True. I am close to selling mine as it really needs more code (single game collection).

#6362 4 years ago

That would be excellent. Ordered a topper today.

#6363 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

More clip variety would be nice. Our Munsters is out on the route right now, so I haven't played it lately, but in the short time it was in the shop I was getting pretty bored with seeing the same round of clips every single game

#6364 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Many don't know how good it is because they have never played it. But the sure talk like they have. They talk like some adolescent boy bragging that he got laid on Friday night---and you know it is all BS.

#6365 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

That would be excellent. Ordered a topper today.

Still showing sold out at Stern.....

#6366 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Still showing sold out at Stern.....

They are available. I just received mine last Friday from a distributor on Ebay.

ebay.com link: Munsters Topper Stern Pinball Machine Arcade

#6367 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

They are available. I just received mine last Friday from a distributor on Ebay.
ebay.com link » Munsters Topper Stern Pinball Machine Arcade

I think I will wait for Stern.... saying 2 weeks....

#6368 4 years ago

Posting this in a few topics, feel free to share.

I was concerned about Cliffy, due to his relative proximity to the current California fires and power outages, and he replied as such.

"I’m sorry but nothing going out right now as power has been cut, no internet, no way to print shipping labels. We are smothered in smoke and surrounded by fires and non-stop 50mph winds. Please let everyone know cliffys is down right now and could be a few more days without power
Sincerest apologies."

#6369 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Posting this in a few topics, feel free to share.
I was concerned about Cliffy, due to his relative proximity to the current California fires and power outages, and he replied as such.
"I’m sorry but nothing going out right now as power has been cut, no internet, no way to print shipping labels. We are smothered in smoke and surrounded by fires and non-stop 50mph winds. Please let everyone know cliffys is down right now and could be a few more days without power
Sincerest apologies."

Thanks for the update...He needs to get out of there!!! We can wait for Cliffy's....Hopefully, he's safe....

#6370 4 years ago

Man I hate hearing that. Such devastation. Routing for you Cliff

#6371 4 years ago

MK6- any relations with the museum in Asheville?

#6372 4 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

MK6- any relations with the museum in Asheville?

Haven't been there in awhile...Real nice guy running it...Need to get over there soon to see what he's been up to lately....

#6373 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

True. I am close to selling mine as it really needs more code (single game collection).

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Haven't been there in awhile...Real nice guy running it...Need to get over there soon to see what he's been up to lately....

Just noticed you are in Asheville! I’m in Cary. We should get together sometime!

On topic, tonight I tuned the leaf switches for Grandpa’s machine in a rather cheap way. I don’t have the proper tool for bending them and didn’t want to break them. But they were pretty far apart!!! So I wadded up some aluminum foil and wedged it in there on both leaf switches for now. Gonna try to find and order the proper tools for long term fix.

Last thing that was left was to fine tune the leveling of table itself. So I did that too.

Played a few games and wooooooo weeeeeee!

Love this game.

#6374 4 years ago

Let us know what you find on the leaf switch tool needed.

#6375 4 years ago

Here are leaf switch adjusting tools:https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK
You can also use needle nose pliers but the tool works better.

#6376 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

This is a great game but if you're an avid pinballer I'm not sure any one game will do, at least for very long. It's best to bounce between 2 or 3 at least. (Then you'll want 4 or 5)

#6377 4 years ago

Wow here is an awesome deal if someone has something to trade, this LE is immaculate condition and less the 220 plays lol. I'm so tempted to upgrade from my B&W prem but the artwork and B&W scheme is loved by the family. Still can be a great deal for someone especially with a new code on the horizon. It has upgraded mods on it too to boot lol............

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86934

#6378 4 years ago

I’m selling our Munsters pro. Plan on getting a premium black and white. Not sure right away. It just depends on finding a used one and if I get a cash offer

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86938

#6379 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Here are leaf switch adjusting tools:https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK
You can also use needle nose pliers but the tool works better.

Wow someone please post a video of how this tool works. I have no clue.

#6380 4 years ago

Put leaf switch in the slot and bend........

#6381 4 years ago

Can I just put code 1.02 in my pro? I missed the 1.01 and now 1.01 is not there to download.

#6382 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Can I just put code 1.02 in my pro? I missed the 1.01 and now 1.01 is not there to download.

Yes I believe you can

#6383 4 years ago

Yes I believe you can

OK Thanks

#6384 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

This is a great game but if you're an avid pinballer I'm not sure any one game will do, at least for very long. It's best to bounce between 2 or 3 at least. (Then you'll want 4 or 5)

This is very true. I even tired of my grail pin after finally conquering it when it was all I had.

But adding 2-3 more pins brought back my interest in it. Not that it was/is a bad game.

Just same old, same old syndrome.

#6385 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

This is very true. I even tired of my grail pin after finally conquering it when it was all I had.
But adding 2-3 more pins brought back my interest in it. Not that it was/is a bad game.
Just same old, same old syndrome.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=adjuster

buy the kit with 3 adjusters included. It gives you all of the angles you need to reach into the hard to reach areas.

To the poster who asked how they work: They have a slot cut in the middle of each end. You fit the slot over the switch leaf and give it a twist in an effort to tweak the leaf. Not hard to do but does take some experimenting to get a good adjustment.

#6386 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=adjuster
buy the kit with 3 adjusters included. It gives you all of the angles you need to reach into the hard to reach areas.
To the poster who asked how that work: They have a slot cut in the middle of each end. You fit the slot over the switch leaf and give it a twist in an effort to tweak the leaf. Not had to do buy doe take some experimenting to get a good adjustment.

Yep. Bought the three tool kit a day or two ago! Thanks for the tips fellas!

#6387 4 years ago

I just heard a new-to-me call out a few minutes ago. I'm practicing my nudging skills and slid the pin sideways and inch, maybe two. And then I heard Eddie's voice call out, "I felt the ground shake". I have the tilt set loose so it did not tilt.

#6388 4 years ago

There were some new callouts added, some more videos, and I think a few other changes in the latest update. I used to get extra balls after 4 characters complete but now it's after 7. Munster madness seems to have changed a little as well. The time you have seems way less than before.

#6389 4 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a setting to adjust the lighting in the topper from Stern? Looking to dim it a little bit. Thanks!

#6390 4 years ago

Excited to see topper has been mailed. Now to await and see if the raven door issue is there and the led changes everyone has discussed.

#6391 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Does anyone know if there is a setting to adjust the lighting in the topper from Stern? Looking to dim it a little bit. Thanks!

Not currently....

#6392 4 years ago

Talk about a ball trap. Behind Herman's right elbow.

I already know what I will need to do to keep this from happening again. I just want to tear into the pin, at the moment. It is another project to work on. I'll need to remove the left ramp to make the fix. i'll share it with everybody when I get there in a few days.

IMG_2293 (resized).JPGIMG_2293 (resized).JPG
#6393 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Talk about a ball trap. Behind Herman's right elbow.
I already know what I will need to do to keep this from happening again. I just want to tear into the pin, at the moment. It is another project to work on. I'll need to remove the left ramp to make the fix. i'll share it with everybody when I get there in a few days.[quoted image]

How the literal .... did you manage that?

#6394 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

My Munsters homemade topper. Grandpa electric chair LEDs are integrated and fire off at same time as playfield one. Herman LEDs fire off same time as Herman flasher (and now the LED flashes in the backbox - thx to Stern code update).
Lots of fun making!

[quoted image]

Nice. I really want to start making my own toppers, half for the fun of it, half because my pins are under a low basement ceiling and a lot of standard toppers won't fit. How did you fasten everything up there?

#6395 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

How the literal .... did you manage that?

Not too sure. I think the ball bounced out of the ramp (that has started lately) and somehow rolled around to the back on the hidden plastics and found a place to sit down.

The fix should not amount to all that much. I'm thinking on it.

#6396 4 years ago

I haven't been able to play hardly any pinball in over a month due to taking care of my gf who just had surgery but I fired up Munsters yesterday and played a few games and I had so much fun and the game is just so damn beautiful that it's insane. Stern is going to miss Chris Franchi's artwork big time!

#6397 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Nice. I really want to start making my own toppers, half for the fun of it, half because my pins are under a low basement ceiling and a lot of standard toppers won't fit. How did you fasten everything up there?

Used existing 2 inner, front bolt holes on top of head. Replaced the existing bolts with longer version to accommodate my topper base. Worked great.

#6398 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

the game is just so damn beautiful that it's insane. Stern is going to miss Chris Franchi's artwork big time!

Yeah. Too bad Franchi burned all his bridges on the way out.

#6399 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Or maybe Stern burned theirs with him, just a thought.

Either way he is a great talent that will always have work for one company or another.

#6400 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think probably his big mouth got him in trouble for sure but im definitely going to miss seeing his artwork on future pinball machines, especially after seeing the last two games that have came out. Not knocking JP and Elvira 3 but they are not even in the same league as Franchi’s art. I think Munsters is quite possibly the most beautiful pinball machine ever made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/128?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.