IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 237.
#6301 4 years ago

I think I had a discovery this weekend but haven't had time try to really test it out. I have a hard time hitting the dragster shot. Sometimes I'll hit it and it goes up and out of the lane and misses. I was a bit distracted and flipped around the left Eddie loop once and took my hands off the flippers and the ball bounced off the right flipper to the left flipper and straight up into the dragster! I just sat there and looked at it like where have you been all this time?!

I'll get some time to play tonight to see if it was a fluke or not, but if anybody has a surefire way to hit that dragster I'd like to hear it.

#6302 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Well, I just took the plunge and purchased the Stern Topper...I still have concerns as to its reliability but this machine just seemed incomplete without it...I enjoy this title and don't see it leaving my collection for quite some time.

Did you order from Stern? Last I checked was still backordered...

#6303 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Did you order from Stern? Last I checked was still backordered...

Stern was sold out...had to resort to EBay...same price but added rax and shipping.

#6304 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Stern was sold out...had to resort to EBay...same price but added rax and shipping.

I contacted Stern a week or so ago... they will be back in stock as soon as all the replacement orders are filled.... least that what they told me...

#6305 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I contacted Stern a week or so ago... they will be back in stock as soon as all the replacement orders are filled.... least that what they told me...

I hope so...good luck!

#6306 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Are you sure that’s a good idea? I would think those in stock other than stern would have all the defects still present.

#6307 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Are you sure that’s a good idea? I would think those in stock other than stern would have all the defects still present.

Declared revised/updated edition...backordered coming from Stern...I just found that out.

#6308 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Declared revised/updated edition...backordered coming from Stern...I just found that out.

Then I would cancel and order from Stern or known reputable dealer directly so you have a been more protection in returning if need be. Not sure if you ever tried to return something on eBay but it can be a pain and a 45 day wait to be credited.

#6309 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I bought one off Ebay from classicgamerooms almost a month ago. They are an authorized Stern distributor.

Still waiting to receive mine too.

#6310 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Then I would cancel and order from Stern or known reputable dealer directly so you have a been more protection in returning if need be. Not sure if you ever tried to return something on eBay but it can be a pain and a 45 day wait to be credited.

I am going to wait to order from Stern.... will all the issues.....not worth it

#6311 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am going to wait to order from Stern.... will all the issues.....not worth it

Shouldn't be an issue if they are Stern distributors.

#6312 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Shouldn't be an issue if they are Stern distributors.

agree....just don't want to deal with return issues etc..

#6313 4 years ago

Your code reminds me of a warm stank place
Where as a child I'd stoop
And pray for the thunder
And the rain
And viciously toss my poop
Oh, oh, oh
$hit code o' thine

#6314 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

And pray for the thunder
And the rain
Oh, oh, oh
$hit code o' thine

What the hell is your problem dump truck? You don’t like the game then sell it and STFU! You have posted six times in this thread never once positive. No one wants to hear your bitching. Pinball is supposed to be fun. You don’t seem to get that and stop bringing us down.

#6315 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

And pray for the thunder
And the rain
Oh, oh, oh
$hit code o' thine

Good grief man.....enough. Sell it and move on.......

#6316 4 years ago

For anyone interested, I have put my macros from Pinball Browser in the repository. It is my understanding that these are all you need (and the Pinball Browser program) to add and try out the call-outs I've done to your code. There doesn't seem to be a difference between the LE and Premium code-wise, but the call-outs are done for version 1.02 of the LE. If you click on download Premium code from the Stern site, it wants to download the LE version, so I'm pretty sure it's identical.

#6317 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Good grief man.....enough. Sell it and move on.......

These guys don't want to sell though unless they can gett new money for their shitty games. Who wants to pay new money for a game that sucks?? Heck i don't want to pay new money even for a great game like TWD lol. Used means used! The days of making money on used games are pretty much over unless you have a friend that gives you a smoking deal.

#6318 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

These guys don't want to sell though unless they can bet new money for their shitty games. Who wants to pay new money for a game that sucks?? Heck i don't want to pay new money even for a great game like TWD lol. Used means used! The days of making money on used games are pretty much over unless you have a friend that gives you a smoking deal.

True.....just gets old reading the same negative noise in a club thread......haven't used "ignore" in a long time, but if the shoe fits....

#6319 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True.....just gets old reading the same negative noise in a club thread......haven't used "ignore" in a long time, but if the shoe fits....

I reported the jerk and asked for a permanent thread ban. Enough is enough. Everyone doesn’t have to like it but it’s an owner’s club thread man have some decency.

#6320 4 years ago

Reminder from the mod team:

Club threads are intended to be free from unreasonable or persistent negativity. Even owners of a game are not immune from club thread rules. We want club threads to be places where owners and fans can enjoy their experience with a game or seek aid in ownership issues or seek aid in playing tips or strategy.

Politicking for the manufacturer to do something to help a game (such as issue more code or address a recall issue) can be made in other threads. There are plenty of places to go be negative about something on the internet, club threads are not intended to be one of those places and we have significantly reduced tolerance for questionable behavior in club threads.

Do not feed trolling behavior of others. Report someone when they misbehave. Do not respond to them. Thank you.

#6321 4 years ago

They'll also need any audio files you changed/revised.

Quoted from lasermel:

For anyone interested, I have put my macros from Pinball Browser in the repository. It is my understanding that these are all you need (and the Pinball Browser program) to add and try out the call-outs I've done to your code. There doesn't seem to be a difference between the LE and Premium code-wise, but the call-outs are done for version 1.02 of the LE. If you click on download Premium code from the Stern site, it wants to download the LE version, so I'm pretty sure it's identical.

#6322 4 years ago

Okay I obviously have no clue as what this adding voice call outs thing is. Can someone enlighten? Are they modifying code with regards to sound. Dumping existing code and rewriting areas?

Thank in advance

( Always so much to learn)

#6323 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I reported the jerk and asked for a permanent thread ban. Enough is enough. Everyone doesn’t have to like it but it’s an owner’s club thread man have some decency.

Looks like he got 2 weeks......

#6324 4 years ago

I have placed an order for the B&W Premium, after going back and forth, I felt the B&W was more to my liking. Now the next step, how do you go about installing the Art Blades? I have Batman 66, and I bought the Art Blade for that also, but to this day never installed it. Thank you advance for your feedback on how to install Art Blades.

#6325 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

They'll also need any audio files you changed/revised.

That makes sense as the macros file is pretty small in size. Now I have to figure out how to make the sound files available.

#6326 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I have placed an order for the B&W Premium, after going back and forth, I felt the B&W was more to my liking. Now the next step, how do you go about installing the Art Blades? I have Batman 66, and I bought the Art Blade for that also, but to this day never installed it. Thank you advance for your feedback on how to install Art Blades.

Cool. And congrats. I've had mine over a month and I still absolutley love it. I hope you do too.

BTW, my B&W Preem came with the b/w art blades factory installed. I think it is a must on Munsters. Really looks good.

I did install art blades on a couple others. I'd recommend watching a few YouTube videos. I installed using windex method with playfield in. Good luck.

#6327 4 years ago

Here's a list of all the call-outs I've changed so far. It's really fun to hear it all coming from the game! The cool thing is that the sound clips are already in the code but you do have to spend a bunch of time finding and adding notes to keep track of them.
The end of each line says when/where the sound clip is used. All thanks to Pinball Browser!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SoundScript,0x75E,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0553 Grandpa - Everything thats up hasta go down.wav",0,2362,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball.
SoundScript,0x75F,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x044F Grandpa - What are you waiting for.wav",0,1059,100,0,10000 Taking too long to shoot
SoundScript,0x775,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0574 Lily - I dont believe it.wav",0,711,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x799,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0530 Lily - Practice and keep at it.wav",0,1459,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x7D2,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0470 Lily - Im so mad I could chew nails.wav",0,2497,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x7D3,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0417 Grandpa - The time has come for me to depart.wav",0,2263,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x7D6,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x04A9 Herman - You know if you keep this up I might get very angry.wav",0,2411,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x817,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0438 Grandpa - I told you itd work.wav",0,3507,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x818,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0376 Grandpa - Nothing that happens around here surprises me.wav",0,3195,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x819,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0374 Grandpa - A little magic around here never hurts.wav",0,2514,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x81C,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x052A Grandpa - A lot of good stuff in here.wav",0,2162,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x81D,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x081D Grandpa - These are the chemicals that I use.wav",0,2563,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x841,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x044C Lily - That was terrible.wav",0,810,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x843,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0452 Lily You have goofed it again.wav",0,1543,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x84F,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x041F Goodbye-goodbye-goodbye.wav",0,2730,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8CE,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0593 Grandpa - Will you be a little careful Herman.wav",0,2242,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8E4,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0558 Lily - Oh my poor poor darling.wav",0,2527,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8E6,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0284 Awwwwww.wav",0,2130,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8EC,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x056D Herman Laughing 2.wav",0,2141,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8F1,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x04E0 Herman - Im so mad I could go right thru the ceiling.wav",0,2472,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8FD,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x013A What happened- I don't know.wav",0,2406,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x775,"*Munsters sound clips\Marilyn - we all have to go sometime.wav",0,1206,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x762,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x05BC Lily - Dont just sit there enjoying the obituaries.wav",0,2779,100,0,10000 Taking too long to shoot

SoundScript,0x15C,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x015C dragula and Herman - What a fun car.wav",0,2189,100,0,10000 Dragula race
SoundScript,0x90,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0090 Grandpa - Sparks build up -Nothing that happens around here and the machines still got bugs.wav",0,13839,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory

SoundScript,0x8F,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x008F Im working on my instant gasoline formula.wav",0,6548,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x91,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0091 Grandpa - Sound mix plus This is my laboratory where I work on some of my experiments and Eddie - Neat tricks.wav",0,46773,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory

SoundScript,0x65,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0065 Bash toy and Herman - That smarts.wav",0,1769,100,0,10000 Hitting Bash Toy
SoundScript,0x20B,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x020B Eddie - do it again and howl.wav",0,3098,100,0,10000 Eddie loop
SoundScript,0x761,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0487 Herman - There's only one thing to do and youve got to do it immediately.wav",0,2400,100,0,10000 Taking too long to shoot
SoundScript,0x71B,"*Munsters sound clips\Eddie - Gee I wonder where Pop is.wav",0,1416,100,0,10000 Taking too long to shoot
SoundScript,0x6DE,"*Munsters sound clips\Eddie - here spot here spot - - -cmon Spot.wav",0,2865,100,0,10000 Instead of Marilyn calling Spot

#6328 4 years ago

Thanks to Brad@midcoastsurf for a beautiful way to display my B&W Munsters translite, signed by Borg.

I now have the best of 2 worlds...Color LE, and this gorgeous piece
IMG_20191024_190104598_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20191024_190104598_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg

Pure white on one....a cool purple glow in the other.( makes the logo red)...looks much better in person

IMG_20191024_193737219 (resized).jpgIMG_20191024_193737219 (resized).jpg
#6329 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks to Brad@midcoastsurf for a beautiful way to display my B&W Munsters translate, signed by Borg.
I now have the best of 2 worlds...Color LE, and this gorgeous piece
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

#6330 4 years ago

Agreed, those translites look very cool.

#6331 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Agreed, those translites look very cool.

Wish the second pic w purple came through better....I just use my phone camera....

White still looks the best, but this frame gives all sorts of options and is well made....definitely recommend if you're into buying one.

#6332 4 years ago

Spent some time with the Munsters Last night.

Realized earlier this week that the grandpa switch right next to the drop wasn’t registering hits at all.

Since I’ve owned it, I’ve only been able to get down there for skill shots or sometimes it’s lit at the start of the game.

Checked everything out and turned out it was the wiring. The orange connector that goes into Node board 8 had a bad crimp in the socket for pin #4.

While I had the playfield up I releveled the solenoid for the pop up barrier in the back near the SPOT lights. I was getting stuck there a lot and no amount of shaking would remedy it.

Releveled the glass over grandpas playfield because the seams were diverting balls.

gave it several plays last night and it’s running pretty smooth now. Much more fun now that I can get into the lower playfield more regularly.

Only thing left I have to figure out is how to tweak the switch for “the machine”.

Right now the ball really has to wail on that switch pretty hard to trigger it. Even changing the flipper strength from Soft to Normal did not help and just introduced more air balls.

Saw midnight madness activate for the first time. It was pretty neat.

#6333 4 years ago

You and several others mentioned Midnight Madness. I wasn't expecting it. When it happened, to be honest, I thought, "Oh great, here we go. Blown node board or fried the machine." Then realized I was playing around midnight.

What a great surprise! I can see why people have reset their clocks to have it go off at different times. Would love to see that as a separate, additional multiball. Maybe something acheivable, as opposed to a clock feature.

#6334 4 years ago

Is there a solution for this problem:

Munsters Premium: - Grandpas Labatory - Right Ramp ( Add More time )
When shooting this ramp. 90% of the time the ball rides high and bypasses the opto.
Has stern or anyone come up with a mod to fix this. Could the create a bigger OPTO or cover?

Anyone else?

#6335 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Is there a solution for this problem:
Munsters Premium: - Grandpas Labatory - Right Ramp ( Add More time )
When shooting this ramp. 90% of the time the ball rides high and bypasses the opto.
Has stern or anyone come up with a mod to fix this. Could the create a bigger OPTO or cover?
Anyone else?

Pinball life sells a clear cover that goes over the ramp to keep the ball down.

#6336 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Pinball life sells a clear cover that goes over the ramp to keep the ball down.

It mostly works. I created a step down version that fits inside the ramp. Keeps ball down to cross the optos!

#6337 4 years ago

Ok, I slid my Premium about 4 feet to the right to make room for a new addition, and checked my angle and levels, and it's all right where it was, where it should be. But, now 90% of the time the ball is ejected from the Grandpa scoop , BOOM, straight down the middle! Any suggestions?

#6338 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

You and several others mentioned Midnight Madness. I wasn't expecting it. When it happened, to be honest, I thought, "Oh great, here we go. Blown node board or fried the machine." Then realized I was playing around midnight.
What a great surprise! I can see why people have reset their clocks to have it go off at different times. Would love to see that as a separate, additional multiball. Maybe something acheivable, as opposed to a clock feature.

And I think it only starts if you are in the middle of a ball when midnight strikes on your clock. If anyone else has a different results please post and tell us.

#6339 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

And I think it only starts if you are in the middle of a ball when midnight strikes on your clock. If anyone else has a different results please post and tell us.

Yep....only happens if you are actually playing it at midnight.

This mode itself hints at what could be accomplished with what's already in place....

#6340 4 years ago

Anyone that makes it to Munster Madness, w upper and lower playfield going, jackpots going off, and Raven taunting the hell out of you will realize how good this thing is already. Pure pinball assault...love it!!!

#6341 4 years ago

Received my topper today. Couple of minor issues.

Raven seems to get stuck in the out position sometimes. Turning the game off then on does not reset it. A gentle nudge will get him back in so it's binding mechanically somewhere.

And Raven never lights up. Can you guess why? And no, there was no loose bulb in the box. So much for QC.
20191025_175640 (resized).jpg20191025_175640 (resized).jpg

#6342 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Received my topper today. Couple of minor issues.
Raven seems to get stuck in the out position sometimes. Turning the game off then on does not reset it. A gentle nudge will get him back in so it's binding mechanically somewhere.
And Raven never lights up. Can you guess why? And no, there was no loose bulb in the box. So much for QC.
[quoted image]

I'd just grab the door and open/ close manually several times..not going to hurt anything. A low tension spring retracts the plunger after coil fires, so door might just be sticking a bit. Once you hit Raven multiball a few times, and several games in....the bastard comes out quite a bit.

Regarding the bulb (not in socket, obviously)....2 screws and the left side panel comes off, so you can look to be certain it's not laying down there somewhere....pretty easy...

Mine has been predictably unpredictable since last report. Raven interacts consistently during gameplay, announces and chimes at the top of each hour...only the clock hand is wnky on time. 100% code related, but playing the game with it now is stupid fun. I think FGY is only machine in my lineup that might taunt me more currently......

just realized maybe the bulb has fallen behind the Raven head, preventing closure on occasion....I'd check that first....

#6343 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'd just grab the door and open/ close manually several times..not going to hurt anything.

just realized maybe the bulb has fallen behind the Raven head, preventing closure on occasion....I'd check that first....

I'm hoping the sticking door just needs a break-in period.

No bulb anywhere to be found. It was never installed. It's pretty hard for a bayonet base bulb to fall out anyways.

#6344 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm hoping the sticking door just needs a break-in period.
No bulb anywhere to be found. It was never installed. It's pretty hard for a bayonet base bulb to fall out anyways.

Agreed on both (unless they didn't twist the bulb enough to engage the tabs and it popped out)..was just guessing. Good luck!!

#6345 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anyone that makes it to Munster Madness, w upper and lower playfield going, jackpots going off, and Raven taunting the hell out of you will realize how good this thing is already. Pure pinball assault...love it!!!

Agreed, now that I have the kinks worked out the flow of this game is awesome. So many multi-ball modes. The raven is a riot.

Haven’t reached Munster Madness yet. But came close once!

My current rankings are:

AFM
Munsters
STNG
RFM

This scoring may change once my MMR RE arrives.

#6346 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

This scoring may change once my MMR RE arrives.

I've got one coming too!!! Great minds

#6347 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

This scoring may change once my MMR RE arrives

I’ve never looked at the remake models buts what’s RE?

#6348 4 years ago

I have a topper question. I do not have the topper yet. I do hear the raven talking during the game. Is the software such that the Raven talks more if the topper is connected?

#6349 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ve never looked at the remake models buts what’s RE?

Royal Edition....Check club page ( go back and forth a bit from where I bookmarked)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/88#post-5275188

#6350 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I have a topper question. I do not have the topper yet. I do hear the raven talking during the game. Is the software such that the Raven talks more if the topper is connected?

A fair question....Can't really say firsthand, as I did hear him before, but it certainly seems there are many more callouts w topper installed....maybe because he's so in your face now.

My answer would be yes, but could be wrong. He's a dominant part of the game interaction in the topper...that's certain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/127?hl=bsbdmd83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.