pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 237.
#6201 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not sure it would be bright enough...could be amazing if Raven was painted w some ink that reacted to it though......
I've actually thought about buying a spare head, and putting LED lights in his eyes....if I added some UV paint touches, your idea could kill!!!
Anxious for them to finish the code for this thing.......an extension of the game, not just a topper, imho....

Does Stern send you a parts list with the topper like the owner's manual for the pin? So you would know what to order? Which gets me to thinking on whether Stern will be selling replacement parts for the topper. For instance, what happens of your clock breaks? Thoughts?

I have thought for awhile that I would like to have a spare Spot head as he takes a lot of abuse. I see that Marco sells the Spot head, it is in stock. I just have not budgeted the $25.00 price.

#6202 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Does Stern send you a parts list with the topper like the owner's manual for the pin? So you would know what to order? Which gets me to thinking on whether Stern will be selling replacement parts for the topper. For instance, what happens of your clock breaks? Thoughts?
I have thought for awhile that I would like to have a spare Spot head as he takes a lot of abuse. I see that Marco sells the Spot head, it is in stock. I just have not budgeted the $25.00 price.

Haven't seen one yet, but you would certainly think they will. Node board, solenoid, plunger assembly, motor, lighting, etc. They've successfully created a "mini, interactive toy" above and below the playfield on this one......."imagine"..

#6203 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

None are going to work as designed until they get a few code things sorted. If yours keeps spinning, it could be a wire under the microswitch, not letting it make contact, or (more likely) the switch tab needs to be adjusted slightly to ensure it registers everytime the opto wheel makes a full cycle.
Kind of a PITA to bend in place, but not too bad.
(gameplay seems to be right...it's the time clock/ raven/ chime thing that's a bit wonky)

Thanks for that, i will have a look when I get some time. Lets see what Stern say too. Can also be the node board.

#6204 4 years ago

Dwight said code is done. So far so good.

Dwight can say what he want.
It's not his decision.

It's Gary Sterns decision if there will be happen a big code update or not in the future.

I have send him (and not Dwight) a email and asked him for a new code update. No answer how I expected.

However, write Gary guys.

I'm owner of LE #111. I love the game so far, but I think Munsters is not finished yet, this can't be the end of the line.

#6205 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

It's Gary Sterns decision if there will be happen a big code update or not in the future.

Actually it isn’t. Gary doesn’t make those types of decisions anymore. Hasn’t for quite a while.

#6206 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Dwight said code is done. So far so good.
Dwight can say what he want.
It's not his decision.
I have send him (and not Dwight) a email and asked him for a new code update. No answer how I expected.
However, write Gary guys.
I'm owner of LE #111. I love the game so far, but I think Munsters is not finished yet, this can't be the end of the line.

There was no right answer for Dwight to give when the infamous code question gets brought up ( on every single game, btw).

Suspect, the answer given was safest and a nice blanket statement. Compared to other releases ( will go back to BM as it keeps being brought up) there were elements in those games that actually didn't work, so of course they said " code on the way" . BM didn't even flip at the show, and initial code was just a " get it out the door" version.

I can think of other titles that had missing inserts, shots that did nothing, and serious bugs until code was updated. Munsters has none of these.

Of course I WANT new code. Anyone that enjoys a game looks forward to any enhancements, period. Does it NEED new code? Not so much, imho. The game is fun out of the box.

WILL it get updated? From a topper standpoint, I have zero doubts. Gameplay, my guess is yes, but when, who knows.

No harm in emailing Gary, however, there are several others to nudge if you feel compelled.

#6207 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

there are several others to nudge

As long as you don't tilt

Stern should be interested in updating the code since it is deterring a lot of people from buying the game at this point.

#6208 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

As long as you don't tilt
Stern should be interested in updating the code since it is deterring a lot of people from buying the game at this point.

Ha ....agreed. It certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings. Always feels like a new game when a new drop happens....

#6209 4 years ago

Stern like any company is quite motivated to increase sales of Munster’s. All the R&D, licensing, design, etc. has been paid for on Munsters and now, just needs new paint, front and rear redesigns, accessories: all sell cars and pinball machines of the same model. Just so happens that code overhaul and more depth is the new “paint, redesigns and updated accessories” of pinball. They just did the same thing for GoT, GB, Bat66, DP and SW. It will be done for Munsters, make no mistake, because that is the only way of increasing sales.

#6210 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Purple definitely matches the translite better and think it would look great too.
Staying red for now, as I like the evil nature....matches his taunting attitude, and the red is subtle enough that I can see him fine....lmk how the purple looks..

Yeah it was super difficult to change that bulb too LOL. I’m just going to leave it for now, anyone who switches to purple tell us what you think. And Mark I got all new screws from Stern for my lower playfield window so I’m back to 100 percent thanks for keeping me running until then!

#6211 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not sure it would be bright enough...could be amazing if Raven was painted w some ink that reacted to it though......
I've actually thought about buying a spare head, and putting LED lights in his eyes....if I added some UV paint touches, your idea could kill!!!
Anxious for them to finish the code for this thing.......an extension of the game, not just a topper, imho....

The hell with Stern, you should make your own toppers! Seriously with your inventiveness and skill as long as you had a manufacturer that would build them I bet you could make some awesome toppers. Maybe a late career addition?

#6212 4 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I don't have a topper for my premium as yet, however my brother has one and I did notice the LEDS (Not sure on LED diameter) behind the acrylics (Eddie and Lilly) were very bright when viewing from an angle. Thought this 3D print could be placed around the LED could eliminate the problem. Double sided tape on the 2 square tabs could be used to mount over/around the LEDS. Adjustments to the 3D print could be made if required. Let me know your thoughts.
[quoted image]

That would work. I'm guessing it's installed from the inside so the tabs are also on the inside. Also, I was thinking a piece of black plastic about as thick as a thick business card, in like a "C" shape. Squeezing it down, inserting it in the hole for the led, and releasing it letting it expand into place.

#6213 4 years ago

To test, I rolled up a slice of a business card, but it wont go in. The LED PCB is flush with the plastic. So..... I just put a business card between Eddy and the back plastic. Works fine. Now, if someone could make a piece of plastic with a bracket to attach to the existing nut, I'll buy a pair!

1570992046205755816283835372478 (resized).jpg1570992046205755816283835372478 (resized).jpg
#6214 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Now, if someone could make a piece of plastic with a bracket to attach to the existing nut, I'll buy a pair!

Just ask Anaya Lawn Service to make lexan business cards and your all set.

#6215 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Just ask Anaya Lawn Service to make lexan business cards and your all set.

Hahahahaha, wiseguy!

#6216 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

More than simple code equaling bad game, I think it is about the 2020 era of pinball. Meaning it is not about location play any longer, where simple code is sufficient. Home use only era needs to have more comprehensive game code to last in a home environment, with people whom play it over the years many times. Not just pumping in a few dollars for a few minutes now and again on location. Simple shallow code is fine there.
A good friend of mine just purchased MBr. After he had it only a day or two, remarked to me, “I’m going to have to make this game harder somehow, since I am now seeing all the game has to offer several times over, every time I play it.” “It is becoming somewhat boring with no real coding depth”, he remarked. Monster Bash is a great game, but was designed and coded for location play, not a home environment. Every friend I’ve known that has purchased MB, has usually on sold it. In this modern era, games have to have coding depth for staying power, for most people.

Nah. Pinball is about fun tables that people want to play over and over again, period. All of my friends kept their MBr and like them as a compliment to their deeper games. Same reason I like my Munsters and AFMr as compliments to GB and SW. This isn't difficult to understand.

#6217 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Nah. Pinball is about fun tables that people want to play over and over again, period. All of my friends kept their MBr and like them as a compliment to their deeper games. Same reason I like my Munsters and AFMr as compliments to GB and SW. This isn't difficult to understand.

What’s not difficult to understand is, these games cost $10k. People expect more for that kind of money. Many feel a simple easy game is not fun over the long haul and that’s the point you’re missing and at these prices, is not much of a compliment to anything. So we disagree.

#6218 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The hell with Stern, you should make your own toppers! Seriously with your inventiveness and skill as long as you had a manufacturer that would build them I bet you could make some awesome toppers. Maybe a late career addition?

I've done crazier things w game improvements...( Check the BM66 wire form thread)...There are definitely a couple of things I want to explore in the topper.

#6219 4 years ago

Regarding all this talk about code.
My opinion is that bad code can ruin a good game, but good code can never save a bad game.
It is when the two work in harmony that you get a great game.
If Kaneda is right Munsters might be heading for greatness.

#6220 4 years ago

It worked for ghostbusters. With the new code I can’t stop playing it. Before it got few plays.

#6221 4 years ago

Good Afternoon. I just received a spare shooter rod, that I want to use to make a custom shooter rod for my Munsters. My question is, what's the best way to remove the original black knob that came with it? Thanks!

#6222 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Good Afternoon. I just received a spare shooter rod, that I want to use to make a custom shooter rod for my Munsters. My question is, what's the best way to remove the original black knob that came with it? Thanks!

Honestly a hammer. A good smack and it will crack to pieces. Might be simpler to just order a raw shooter rod from Pinball Life though.

#6223 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Honestly a hammer. A good smack and it will crack to pieces. Might be simpler to just order a raw shooter rod from Pinball Life though.

That's where I got this, hahahaha. Should have looked a little harder I guess Thank you, I'll give it a good whack.

#6224 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well, can't say it's not durable! I'll take it to work tomorrow and split it with a bandsaw.

20191015_191515 (resized).jpg20191015_191515 (resized).jpg
#6225 4 years ago

Hi all. Quick question for fellow Munsters owners

We've had 2 Munsters machines (an LE and a Color Premium), and no matter how the color premium is set up, the flippers are noticeably weaker than they were on the LE. For example, with the LE, we were consistently able to backhand the right ramp from a captured ball on the right flipper. It was close, but it was consistently do-able. We have *never* been able to do that even once with the color premium, regardless of playfield angle or flipper strength setting.

I think the question is: Were my LE flippers too strong, or are my Color Premium flippers weak? Are you able to consistently backhand that shot on your machine? If the latter, any guidance on what I can check/adjust?

Thanks!

#6226 4 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

If the latter, any guidance on what I can check/adjust?

Check the coil stops. They may be broken.

#6227 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What’s not difficult to understand is, these games cost $10k. People expect more for that kind of money. Many feel a simple easy game is not fun over the long haul and that’s the point you’re missing and at these prices, is not much of a compliment to anything. So we disagree.

"People", "many", get out of here with that shit. People expect a fun game. All three CGC games doing insanely well says there are lots of people who disagree with you about simple and easy games having longevity. Maybe Munsters isn't the style of game for you and you should consider selling it?

LOL @ "easy" as well. Feel free to post your videos of making clean runs through Munster Madness level 2.

#6228 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

...LOL @ "easy" as well. Feel free to post your videos of making clean runs through Munster Madness level 2.

That's not how they roll. They just want to piss and moan. I've asked several times how their games are set up and their numbers of modes achieved in one game. Crickets... I guess they expect marilyn to reach out the coin door and give them a handy.

#6229 4 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Hi all. Quick question for fellow Munsters owners
We've had 2 Munsters machines (an LE and a Color Premium), and no matter how the color premium is set up, the flippers are noticeably weaker than they were on the LE. For example, with the LE, we were consistently able to backhand the right ramp from a captured ball on the right flipper. It was close, but it was consistently do-able. We have *never* been able to do that even once with the color premium, regardless of playfield angle or flipper strength setting.
I think the question is: Were my LE flippers too strong, or are my Color Premium flippers weak? Are you able to consistently backhand that shot on your machine? If the latter, any guidance on what I can check/adjust?
Thanks!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check the coil stops. They may be broken.

This is a real long shot. Everything is made to a tolerance. The more risk, the tighter the tolerance. Aircraft, which can fall from the sky, use many tight tolerances. Automobiles, which can leave you stranded at the side of the road, may have lesser tolerances. This is a bad example but you will get the idea.

Nobody is going to die if a pinball machine breaks down during game play. The long shot: Maybe the flipper plungers have a slight difference in diameter. Not much, but perhaps just enough to cause a little bit of extra drag between the plunger and the coil sleeve. If you have the machinist tools you could measure with a micrometer and verify. If you cannot make the measurements, or cannot find any other possibilities, you might trying swapping the plungers between the two pins and see if you can observe a difference. (It also could be the roll pin/spring pin binding between the flipper link and the plunger. I had that happen once).

As stated, it is a long shot, but if another answer does not materialize, then it would not take that long to make a swap between pins to have a look-see.

#6230 4 years ago

Anyone had this yet?

1 week ago the coil stop broke on the right flipper. Rebuilt both.
This last week the opto for the ramp was smashed :/

B6526E42-FB10-4FB2-AB14-6AA712F3A68C (resized).jpegB6526E42-FB10-4FB2-AB14-6AA712F3A68C (resized).jpeg
#6231 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone had this yet?
1 week ago the coil stop broke on the right flipper. Rebuilt both.
This last week the opto for the ramp was smashed :/[quoted image]

Let Stern know. I am fairly sure there is a piece of metal that goes under the plastic to stop that from happening again.

#6232 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

"People", "many", get out of here with that shit. People expect a fun game. All three CGC games doing insanely well says there are lots of people who disagree with you about simple and easy games having longevity. Maybe Munsters isn't the style of game for you and you should consider selling it?
LOL @ "easy" as well. Feel free to post your videos of making clean runs through Munster Madness level 2.

Stop with the vulgar language, insults and acting like a school boy. Grow up and act like a gentleman. Opinions differ and that is a good thing. But when you put down others posts that shows no class. You chose to apologize to me once already for your poor behavior. Maybe you posted drunk?

#6233 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Let Stern know. I am fairly sure there is a piece of metal that goes under the plastic to stop that from happening again.

Yes. Stern has a replacement kit for the broken Herman plastic. New unbroken plastic piece plus a steel shock absorber to prevent more breaking. Free Warranty replacement.

#6234 4 years ago

My LE was down for 2 weeks. I was surprised at how "out of shape" I was with a 2 week lull. I'm getting my groove back; I'm still not good but I have a good time.

This pin pretty much kicks butt. It is a speed demon. If you like a good fast flipper fight, Munsters is at the top of the list.

And I got 8 Eddie loops last night.

Satisfaction is hammering Spot 3 times in a row. 2 with the right flipper followed with 1 from the left flipper. Bang. Bang. Bang. I am used to shoot-drain with Spot.

#6235 4 years ago

What's missing here? #sternqualitycheck

20191016_152015 (resized).jpg20191016_152015 (resized).jpg
#6236 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What's missing here?

No shit? wow...

#6237 4 years ago

WOW! I'm speechless.......

#6238 4 years ago

I am feeling lucky with my perfect out of box topper,love it,best topper ever imho
I have tried purple and red bulbs and in many different angles and I have to say it looks best with No bulb,I can see the crow for the first time. it is easy if you bend the lamp bracket vertical and you should be able to get the bulb out. With just the left side removed

#6239 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am feeling lucky with my perfect out of box topper,love it,best topper ever imho
I have tried purple and red bulbs and in many different angles and I have to say it looks best with No bulb,I can see the crow for the first time. it is easy if you bend the lamp bracket vertical and you should be able to get the bulb out. With just the left side removed

I'll hope when you mean "perfect" you're still encountering the odd code issues (clock not keeping accurate time, Raven and chimes not consistent at the top of each hour)?....they told me last week they were still working on the code to correct the issues.....

Still like the red, but to each their own....I took the roof off too, so I could access the bracket easier. Bent a bit, but too much and it smacks the back of Raven's head.

Mine will be "perfect" when it operates as intended..... Mechanically, and for 85% of functionality, I'm good. Very anxious for this to happen....

#6240 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What's missing here? #sternqualitycheck[quoted image]

That's unbelievable. How did Herman get that big hole in his jacket? Kidding of course

#6241 4 years ago

I mean really? Was somebody that hungover on a Monday morning to miss that plastic or are they pissed off about having to make toppers? Sheesh...!

#6242 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I mean really? Was somebody that hungover on a Monday morning to miss that plastic or are they pissed off about having to make toppers? Sheesh...!

Stern has priorities, they are now focused on Elvira. Got to get those LEs out to bring in more money to feed the beast.

Unfortunately for me no more NIB for long time until all these quality issues get under control!

#6243 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Seriously? I've said before, this is intentional wrongdoing.

#6244 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I guess they expect marilyn to reach out the coin door and give them a handy.

I unlocked this mode just the other night. It was amazing.

Seriously tho... I stayed up till midnight and even rolled my clock back three times. Could not get midnight madness to trigger.

Checked the settings and it’s enabled.

I’m a sad panda.

#6245 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I unlocked this mode just the other night. It was amazing.
Seriously tho... I stayed up till midnight and even rolled my clock back three times. Could not get midnight madness to trigger.
Checked the settings and it’s enabled.
I’m a sad panda.

Once you roll the clock, you MUST reboot the machine for it to take effect. So leave yourself a few spare minutes to allow that process to happen.

#6246 4 years ago

Once you roll the clock, you MUST reboot the machine for it to take effect. So leave yourself a few spare minutes to allow that process to happen.

So that’s why it never works. Great tip. Still waiting to see if anyone has discovered secret mania yet.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

#6247 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Well good to see the new QC director is on the job. We can all stop worrying.

#6248 4 years ago

Thanks for the tip!

#6249 4 years ago

This is part of the reason the topper clock and Raven act as such.

I can share that Stern conveyed directly that they were working on these issues, as well as " other game enhancements in the next code drop"and "would not release ( or announce) until all of it was ready".

Didn't give a date or details beyond "soon". This certainly is an encouraging statement on several fronts, and puts the "game is done" comment in perspective.

They are not "done" w this one, period.

#6250 4 years ago

Beautiful game but so boring compared to Jurassic Park. Please give Munsters some love Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/125?hl=valis666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.