IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 237.
#6151 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok guys, need your thoughts and ideas. Playing the hell out of me Premium tonight, putting my Topper to the test. Up front, love the hell out of it. When they tweak the code issues a bit, it'll be functionally perfect. Now, my problem. And I want to know if I'm not alone, and what a good "fix" would be. In our game room, we have 2 pins on 1 wall, and 2 on the opposite wall, arranged to receive a 3rd when my JP Premium comes. My Munsters is on the wall where the 3 will be, with it in the middle. We have bar tables and stools at each end of the room, with barstools. The problem is, the seating is at about 45 degree angles from the Munsters. The LED PCB's that light Lily and Eddie, are fully exposed at that angle and are horribly bright and annoying. Im thinking if maybe the MOD people who can mold plastic can make some kind of blinder, like a horse blinder, to keep from blinding me or my guests. If I put the machine on either end instead of the middle, it still happens to some degree. Now, Im not bitching about this being a design flaw, I'm just trying to cure an anomaly in my case that bugs me. Anyone else have this, or have any ideas? Any of you MOD guys that can make a set of blinders that look good, let me know...

Fair question....I love the crap out of this topper, and when they sort the couple bugs it's going to be a must have. I've got mine on the end of a 4 pin row, as I wanted the awesome art on the machine prominent. Problem w a blinder or shroud is the light still sort of leaks around the characters (especially Eddie), so might not cure your problem. It does light the entire character, so don't want to screw w that.

Not seeing your setup, you may want to put it on the end, closest to facing your barstools, etc. This might minimize off axis glare at those seats. Just a guess....

#6152 4 years ago

I just bought a topper today. Installed it tonight and noticed that the door would only close about half way after the raven came out. I manually opened and shut the door several times by hand and now it will consistently close about 1/4 inch short of being completely shut. I'm able to manually push it the final 1/4 inch but when it goes into operation in test mode, 1/4 inch short is the best I can get. Is this as far as everyone's will shut or are other folks' shutting completely?

#6153 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Fair question....I love the crap out of this topper, and when they sort the couple bugs it's going to be a must have. I've got mine on the end of a 4 pin row, as I wanted the awesome art on the machine prominent. Problem w a blinder or shroud is the light still sort of leaks around the characters (especially Eddie), so might not cure your problem. It does light the entire character, so don't want to screw w that.
Not seeing your setup, you may want to put it on the end, closest to facing your barstools, etc. This might minimize off axis glare at those seats. Just a guess....

That's a possibility, but would prefer it in the middle. AC/DC on the right, Jurassic on the left. The blinders idea isnt meant to go in front of the light, but to go on the side of Lily and the side of Eddy. Just trying to reduce glare on the sides. There will be light leakage on the sides, but better than the blinding. (Or was that because of the drinking hahahaha)

#6154 4 years ago

I know others have changed out the #89 white led that shines through the door on the topper as it is blinding. What is the best way to access the led to change it? i"m thinking I could unscrew the two screws holding the panel on the left side of the clock to get at the bulb. Has anyone done this?

#6155 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

That's a possibility, but would prefer it in the middle. AC/DC on the right, Jurassic on the left. The blinders idea isnt meant to go in front of the light, but to go on the side of Lily and the side of Eddy. Just trying to reduce glare on the sides. There will be light leakage on the sides, but better than the blinding. (Or was that because of the drinking hahahaha)

Bourbon night for me, so they're all getting bright....

Set up like that, I think sunglasses should be mandatory at the bar....

#6156 4 years ago

These posts attacking the code critics are really misinformed. It’s not so much a code update that’s needed, but rather an imagination update. Some of us make our living in entertainment and recognize that Stern missed a dozen opportunities to make this game fun. That’s all. So, if you like the game, I am telling you will like it a lot more once they explore some more modes and clips.

#6157 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Chas sent me a replacement switch last week. This evening is the first chance I have had to get things back together. All is well.
Here is the broken switch.
[quoted image]
And the repair.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
My switch looked like a vibration break from a vibrating wire. If it is a common problem, I will suggest you all might want to tie wrap the green wire and black wire together to in an effort to keep your switch from breaking.
Time to throw on a tie wrap......5 minutes or less.
Time to replace the broken switch.......if you have the teeny tiny jeweler sockets to remove 2 itty bitty switch screws....30-60 minutes (depending on how good you are with a soldering iron).
Time to replace if you don't have the teeny tiny jeweler sockets........1 to 2 hours.
[quoted image]

OK. Yesterday, I just finished replacing the broken microswitch that lives in Grandpa's Lab. I got to play 2 games and my left flipper went on the fritz.

Long story short: Broken flipper return spring. I can tell you all right now this spring is not something you are going to have an easy time finding at the local hardware store. Once I find the part number I am going to order 4 or 5 pair to keep on hand. My immediate solution was to bend the end of the spring wire and that is a half assed solution.

Here is the right hand flipper that shows what it is supposed to look like.

IMG_2140 (resized).JPGIMG_2140 (resized).JPG

and here is the left hand broken spring. Hanging down.

IMG_2141 (resized).JPGIMG_2141 (resized).JPG

IMG_2143 (resized).JPGIMG_2143 (resized).JPG

#6158 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bourbon night for me, so they're all getting bright....
Set up like that, I think sunglasses should be mandatory at the bar....

Nope, Bourbon or Whiskey makes me stupid and all I want to do is fight. Tequila, beer, Captain Morgan, etc I'm just as happy as a pinball addict with a pocket full of money !!!

#6159 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

These posts attacking the code critics are really misinformed. It’s not so much a code update that’s needed, but rather an imagination update. Some of us make our living in entertainment and recognize that Stern missed a dozen opportunities to make this game fun. That’s all. So, if you like the game, I am telling you will like it a lot more once they explore some more modes and clips.

If that was "all" no one would care much. "worse code ever" is just bullshit, and accomplished what it wanted...pile on the game. Sorry he didn't like it. I don't like alot of games, just don't start hate threads about them.

We all love new code. Munsters and MANY other titles could benefit from a variety of enhancements. I think the delivery and blatant frontal assault on an actually good game is what still bothers many.

Glad you're in the entertainment industry....you might be surprised what some on here do for a living.....

#6160 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I know others have changed out the #89 white led that shines through the door on the topper as it is blinding. What is the best way to access the led to change it? i"m thinking I could unscrew the two screws holding the panel on the left side of the clock to get at the bulb. Has anyone done this?

left roof and side panel...4 screws and you're in. Make sure you don't shift the bulb orientation (tight in there) so as not to have Raven's head hit the bulb (ask me how I know)..

#6161 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If that was "all" no one would care much. "worse code ever" is just bullshit, and accomplished what it wanted...pile on the game. Sorry he didn't like it. I don't like alot of games, just don't start hate threads about them.
We all love new code. Munsters and MANY other titles could benefit from a variety of enhancements. I think the delivery and blatant frontal assault on an actually good game is what still bothers many.
Glad you're in the entertainment industry....you might be surprised what some on here do for a living.....

Exactly, very well said MK!

#6162 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

left roof and side panel...4 screws and you're in. Make sure you don't shift the bulb orientation (tight in there) so as not to have Raven's head hit the bulb (ask me how I know)..

Thanks for your help Mark. Oh... and how do you know?

#6163 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. Yesterday, I just finished replacing the broken microswitch that lives in Grandpa's Lab. I got to play 2 games and my left flipper went on the fritz.
Long story short: Broken flipper return spring. I can tell you all right now this spring is not something you are going to have an easy time finding at the local hardware store. Once I find the part number I am going to order 4 or 5 pair to keep on hand. My immediate solution was to bend the end of the spring wire and that is a half assed solution.
Here is the right hand flipper that shows what it is supposed to look like.
[quoted image]
and here is the left hand broken spring. Hanging down.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The flipper return spring part number is: 265-5035-00.

Both Pinball Life and Marco stock them.

#6164 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok guys, need your thoughts and ideas. Playing the hell out of me Premium tonight, putting my Topper to the test. Up front, love the hell out of it. When they tweak the code issues a bit, it'll be functionally perfect. Now, my problem. And I want to know if I'm not alone, and what a good "fix" would be. In our game room, we have 2 pins on 1 wall, and 2 on the opposite wall, arranged to receive a 3rd when my JP Premium comes. My Munsters is on the wall where the 3 will be, with it in the middle. We have bar tables and stools at each end of the room, with barstools. The problem is, the seating is at about 45 degree angles from the Munsters. The LED PCB's that light Lily and Eddie, are fully exposed at that angle and are horribly bright and annoying. Im thinking if maybe the MOD people who can mold plastic can make some kind of blinder, like a horse blinder, to keep from blinding me or my guests. If I put the machine on either end instead of the middle, it still happens to some degree. Now, Im not bitching about this being a design flaw, I'm just trying to cure an anomaly in my case that bugs me. Anyone else have this, or have any ideas? Any of you MOD guys that can make a set of blinders that look good, let me know...

We have the same issue. We are thinking about moving the LEDs further back into the housing. At the moment some of the LEDs are flush with the hole. Get some longer bolts and spacers and see how that goes. Only issue is we will have to pull most of the topper apart again to do the job

#6165 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Bingo. It’s not that Munsters isn’t a good game. It’s that Stern couldn’t be bothered to make it great, especially since it was Borg’s dream theme. They should have known that Munsters theme integration would be compared to that of Batman 66 and the current comparison is not kind.

Unfortunately the attacks are easy to understand. Some on Pinside are so polarized and can’t acknowledge that there is nothing other than fanboy or hater. What is mind boggling to me is how defensive some get. Some owners have blinders on simply because they bought the game and feel the need to pump it up or ignore issues. This is just silly. No one should buy a game solely on someone else’s opinion or review. If you love the game, what difference does it make if someone else doesn’t share your opinion? If you like the game what’s wrong with wanting to see it better?

If Stern does release an “imagination” update worthy of the theme I’ll bet current owners and many sitting on the fence will love it. Those that don’t shouldn’t update their code or buy the game.

I don’t think such an update is going to happen, but really hope it does. I thought Elvira was going to knock Munsters out of contention but it seems a little too dark at the moment where Munsters is lighter in tone and I happen to prefer the latter. Munsters will probably never have the depth of a Lyman game, but more imagination and theme integration could go a long way to make it the blockbuster it should have been in the first place.

#6166 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

"worse code ever" is just bullshit, and accomplished what it wanted...pile on the game. Sorry he didn't like it. I don't like alot of games, just don't start hate threads about them.

True. And exactly the kind of damage extreme polarization inflicts on the community. But sadly that thread got far more traction than the one dedicated to suggestions for improvement.

#6167 4 years ago

I like the game as is. A few more video clips would be nice. Minor tweaks would be ok. Overhaul - no thanks.

I like the way the game is set up to play.

#6168 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

You could try putting film over the LEDs to defuse the light. There are holes where the LEDs shine onto the cut outs on the Munsters topper. You could put some type of film just like a sunglass effect over them to stop them from shining directly in your eyes that they would still shine enough light on the topper for it to be functional. I’ve actually thought of doing that but it doesn’t bother me at this point.

#6169 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

You could try putting film over the LEDs to defuse the light. There are holes where the LEDs shine onto the cut outs on the Monsters topper. You could put some type of film just like a sunglass affect over them to stop them from shining directly in your eyes that they would still shine enough light on the topper for it to be functional. I’ve actually thought of doing that but it doesn’t bother me at this point.

Perhaps you could also apply a dab of paint to help deflect the offending light.

#6170 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Bingo. It’s not that Munsters isn’t a good game. It’s that Stern couldn’t be bothered to make it great, especially since it was Borg’s dream theme. They should have known that Munsters theme integration would be compared to that of Batman 66 and the current comparison is not kind.
Unfortunately the attacks are easy to understand. Some on Pinside are so polarized and can’t acknowledge that there is nothing other than fanboy or hater. What is mind boggling to me is how defensive some get. Some owners have blinders on simply because they bought the game and feel the need to pump it up or ignore issues. This is just silly. No one should buy a game solely on someone else’s opinion or review. If you love the game, what difference does it make if someone else doesn’t share your opinion? If you like the game what’s wrong with wanting to see it better?
If Stern does release an “imagination” update worthy of the theme I’ll bet current owners and many sitting on the fence will love it. Those that don’t shouldn’t update their code or buy the game.
I don’t think such an update is going to happen, but really hope it does. I thought Elvira was going to knock Munsters out of contention but it seems a little too dark at the moment where Munsters is lighter in tone and I happen to prefer the latter. Munsters will probably never have the depth of a Lyman game, but more imagination and theme integration could go a long way to make it the blockbuster it should have been in the first place.

I think saying Stern “could not be bothered” to make the game great is not a fair statement based on past performance at this point. How long did it take to make Walking Dead, BM66 and Met to where they are presently? Dwight just put out outstanding releases on GB and GOT. His SW is also excellent in my opinion from a code stand point. Munsters may be a better shooter then all of the above. Give them a chance. I doubt it will ever get to the immersion level of say a Hobbit, but none of those great code games got there over night.

#6171 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I think at this point saying Stern “could not be bothered” to make the game great is not a fair statement based on past performance at this point. How long did it take to make Walking Dead, BM66 and Met to where they are presently? Dwight just put out outstanding releases on GB and GOT. His SW is also excellent in my opinion from a code stand point. Munsters may be a better shooter then all of the above. Give them a chance. I doubt it will ever get to the immersion level of say a Hobbit, but none of those great code games got there over night.

THIS is the Bingo!!!....Far more pluses than minuses for me....I love the thing as is, with more polish known to be coming ( at least w topper) anything else will be gravy...I have no other game like it, a welcome add that's staying, and zero reason to hype or be a fanboy/defend my decision...those that join, congrats...those that don't, who really cares...

The DI club could care less if I buy one or not...they love the game....It will never be in my lineup, and saw it completely barren while other "simple" games had people in line to play at a couple locations...

Will be glad when Stern gets the pf's right, as I'm not buying NIB until then anyway....I have confidence they will

#6172 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I think saying Stern “could not be bothered” to make the game great is not a fair statement based on past performance at this point. How long did it take to make Walking Dead, BM66 and Met to where they are presently? Dwight just put out outstanding releases on GB and GOT. His SW is also excellent in my opinion from a code stand point. Munsters may be a better shooter then all of the above. Give them a chance. I doubt it will ever get to the immersion level of say a Hobbit, but none of those great code games got there over night.

Maybe. But you can’t really compare Dwight to Lyman. Lyman games typically take a long time before they are “finished”.

The difference with Munsters is Dwight stated publicly that the game was supposed to be simple and that it was essentially done. This seems to be true since the code is now past 1.0 which in the new numbering scheme means feature complete.

Stern management had to know he said this yet has done nothing to make it clear this isn’t true (if indeed it isn’t true).

Contrast to Batman 66 where Stern stated publicly, multiple times, that Batman wasn’t going to be considered done until Lyman and George said it was. And we know more Batman code is coming (though I suspect it’s mostly a Spike 2 upgrade and minor polish)

Stern knows there are a lot of potential sales for Munsters sitting out there that are waiting on two things - (1) Confirmation of new code (and Kaneda doesn’t count) and (2) Confidence that the playfield quality issues are fixed.

#6173 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I just bought a topper today. Installed it tonight and noticed that the door would only close about half way after the raven came out. I manually opened and shut the door several times by hand and now it will consistently close about 1/4 inch short of being completely shut. I'm able to manually push it the final 1/4 inch but when it goes into operation in test mode, 1/4 inch short is the best I can get. Is this as far as everyone's will shut or are other folks' shutting completely?

Following up on my post about the clock door. PROBLEM SOLVED. I opened up the clock and noticed that the wiring and connector that runs out to the front to the led strip mounted in the base of the topper was obstructing the raven mechanism when it would try to close. Zip tied it to other wires to get it out of the way and no issues now. Door fully closes now.

#6174 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe. But you can’t really compare Dwight to Lyman. Lyman games typically take a long time before they are “finished”.
The difference with Munsters is Dwight stated publicly that the game was supposed to be simple and that it was essentially done. This seems to be true since the code is now past 1.0 which in the new numbering scheme means feature complete.
Stern management had to know he said this yet has done nothing to make it clear this isn’t true (if indeed it isn’t true).
Contrast to Batman 66 where Stern stated publicly, multiple times, that Batman wasn’t going to be considered done until Lyman and George said it was. And we know more Batman code is coming (though I suspect it’s mostly a Spike 2 upgrade and minor polish)
Stern knows there are a lot of potential sales for Munsters sitting out there that are waiting on two things - (1) Confirmation of new code (and Kaneda doesn’t count) and (2) Confidence that the playfield quality issues are fixed.

True, Dwight is not Lyman. I am fortunate enough to own AC/DC and TWD , which I consider best in class coding wise. Understanding their codes can take some work however , and can give one a headache to read / digest sometimes .
Dwight’s GOT, SW, and now GB are no coding slouches themselves , and for me anyways, a little more intuitive.
I was referring to your “could not be bothered” , comment . Looking at history, both GB and GOT were past 1.0 when they got their recent updates. Dwight had also at onetime said GB was done much to the ire of that games loyal followers ,yet , it finally was taken to a more positive place. GOT was updated (much thanks by the way) out of nowhere. No mention at all about GOT by Stern publicly.
Take into account Munster’s supposedly is a Borg dream theme (which he did a beautiful job on). He knows there is some negative on the code. I bet he has some pull inside Stern and is asking to get the game some help code wise. There have been some people that have referenced his desire ,as such, on this site.
I believe Dwight would like to polish the level two and beyond modes in MUnsters. Nothing of his recent work shows that leaving the mode levels the same but with more points is his style. Watching the man’s enthusiasm on the GOT and GB code releases shows me he is a pro that has a tremendous amount of pride in his work..
Considering Stern has hired more coding help and the recent GOT and GB releases, Borg’s supposed tie to the game, Munsters in my opinion still has a chance for more code. The game has been out only 9 months or so, which as we all know, is still early in the code release process. If say two years from now, Stern has done nothing with the game, I could agree on your comment. Until then I feel the “could not be bothered” position is premature. That being said, I really like the game , as is, and with the money I payed, will have no regrets.
Best wishes ,
Sully

#6175 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have the same issue. We are thinking about moving the LEDs further back into the housing. At the moment some of the LEDs are flush with the hole. Get some longer bolts and spacers and see how that goes. Only issue is we will have to pull most of the topper apart again to do the job

I like that idea! Might give that a try.

#6176 4 years ago

I just recieved a Munsters topper from CoinTaker and it is 100% and needed nothing,I ordered a purple and red led and will replace the white one,I wish you could see the bird better,the light is always on behind him but if anybody is concerned about the quality control on the newest run you should be fine.

#6177 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just recieved a Munsters topper from CoinTaker and it is 100% and needed nothing,I ordered a purple and red led and will replace the white one,I wish you could see the bird better,the light is always on behind him but if anybody is concerned about the quality control on the newest run you should be fine.

Have you fitted it yet? We have an issue with ours. Sometimes the clock starts spinning and will not stop until we turn the machine off. Waiting on a response from Stsrn

#6178 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Following up on my post about the clock door. PROBLEM SOLVED. I opened up the clock and noticed that the wiring and connector that runs out to the front to the led strip mounted in the base of the topper was obstructing the raven mechanism when it would try to close. Zip tied it to other wires to get it out of the way and no issues now. Door fully closes now.

OK, I"m guessing I need to check this too. I just got my topper from Cointaker yesterday at York show. It too sticks and doesn't go back in after coming out of door. A simple push and it goes back. Will check if this is the issue for me too.

When you say "open" do you mean take fully apart to get to all that stuff you said?

#6179 4 years ago

I know mine is from the last batch and just arrived to CoinTaker from stern.and I believe she took the rest to the show so same batch,I am sure it is just wires in the way

#6180 4 years ago

Will stern stop making the topper at some point,could these go up in value as the coolest topper ever

#6181 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Will stern stop making the topper at some point,could these go up in value as the coolest topper ever

Yes they will stop making it and it could go up in value just like TWD toppers.

#6182 4 years ago

I just don't have any room for toppers in my basement, so it's always topless all the time.

#6183 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I just don't have any room for toppers in my basement, so it's always topless all the time.

Now that’s scary.

#6184 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes they will stop making it and it could go up in value just like TWD toppers.

I had a twd topper and sold it,but the Munsters topper is a lot cooler imho,I hope they do the code and really make this game shine

#6185 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I"m guessing I need to check this too. I just got my topper from Cointaker yesterday at York show. It too sticks and doesn't go back in after coming out of door. A simple push and it goes back. Will check if this is the issue for me too.
When you say "open" do you mean take fully apart to get to all that stuff you said?

I got mine from Cointaker yesterday as well which came from the six that were mailed out to them from Stern this past Monday. Anyway, besides removing the left side and left roof from the clock, I removed the back of the topper from the base. This wasn't bad as it only involved 3 locknuts in the front and 4 screws at the base of the back of the topper. After those were removed, lift the back up and disconnect two wire harnesses and its all open for you.

#6186 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I like that idea! Might give that a try.

I don't have a topper for my premium as yet, however my brother has one and I did notice the LEDS (Not sure on LED diameter) behind the acrylics (Eddie and Lilly) were very bright when viewing from an angle. Thought this 3D print could be placed around the LED could eliminate the problem. Double sided tape on the 2 square tabs could be used to mount over/around the LEDS. Adjustments to the 3D print could be made if required. Let me know your thoughts.
M - Topper - LED Cover (resized).JPGM - Topper - LED Cover (resized).JPG

#6187 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I didn’t start a worse code ever thread. I own an LE. If I was just another greedy pinball investor, I would have been silent. You either have imagination or you don’t. Munsters lacks it.

#6188 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The white light behind Raven is super bright. That’s why I changed mine. I went with the exact bulb MK used but I’m actually liking the purple idea even better. The red is definitely not as bright so I can see Raven better. Before it was so bright I just saw a halo around some black spot lol.

#6189 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The white light behind Raven is super bright. That’s why I changed mine. I went with the exact bulb MK used but I’m actually liking the purple idea even better. The red is definitely not as bright so I can see Raven better. Before it was so bright I just saw a halo around some black spot lol.

Purple definitely matches the translite better and think it would look great too.

Staying red for now, as I like the evil nature....matches his taunting attitude, and the red is subtle enough that I can see him fine....lmk how the purple looks..

#6190 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Purple definitely matches the translite better and think it would look great too.
Staying red for now, as I like the evil nature....matches his taunting attitude, and the red is subtle enough that I can see him fine....lmk how the purple looks..

I wonder what it would look like with one of Comet's black lights.

#6191 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I didn’t start a worse code ever thread. I own an LE. If I was just another greedy pinball investor, I would have been silent. You either have imagination or you don’t. Munsters lacks it.

Aware you didn't start that thread, and can appreciate your passion for the theme/ game. Let's hope no one buys these things for investment purposes..

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I wonder what it would look like with one of Comet's black lights.

Not sure it would be bright enough...could be amazing if Raven was painted w some ink that reacted to it though......

I've actually thought about buying a spare head, and putting LED lights in his eyes....if I added some UV paint touches, your idea could kill!!!

Anxious for them to finish the code for this thing.......an extension of the game, not just a topper, imho....

#6193 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Have you fitted it yet? We have an issue with ours. Sometimes the clock starts spinning and will not stop until we turn the machine off. Waiting on a response from Stsrn

None are going to work as designed until they get a few code things sorted. If yours keeps spinning, it could be a wire under the microswitch, not letting it make contact, or (more likely) the switch tab needs to be adjusted slightly to ensure it registers everytime the opto wheel makes a full cycle.

Kind of a PITA to bend in place, but not too bad.

(gameplay seems to be right...it's the time clock/ raven/ chime thing that's a bit wonky)

#6194 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not sure it would be bright enough...could be amazing if Raven was painted w some ink that reacted to it though......
I've actually thought about buying a spare head, and putting LED lights in his eyes....if I added some UV paint touches, your idea could kill!!!
Anxious for them to finish the code for this thing.......an extension of the game, not just a topper, imho....

What is the bayonet bulb number needed for ordering the bulb?

#6195 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What is the bayonet bulb number needed for ordering the bulb?

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-spike-5v-flashers

89 bayonet

#6196 4 years ago

Thanks Mark! Can the glaring white bulbs behind each character be changed also with the same bayonet style numbered LED bulb?

#6197 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks Mark! Can the glaring white bulbs behind each character be changed also with the same bayonet style numbered LED bulb?

Nope...whole different config there....

#6198 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I like the game as is. A few more video clips would be nice. Minor tweaks would be ok. Overhaul - no thanks.
I like the way the game is set up to play.

For the minor few that like things the way they are, just don’t update your code when the code is greatly improved.

I purchased the game based on the beloved series period and I think most have done that for the same reason. The current iteration plays fine, but has very little of the show in the game. It is a travesty that there is not much in the game from the show. Look at any other similar game in the LCD era and they are loaded with material. Batman 66 comes to mind. There is no reason that Munsters needs to be simple and lack the same depth and polish Batman has in spades.

Stern didn’t discount the price of Munsters because of it having only a very minor amount of 70+ Munster’s show material included. There is only one few second ball save sequence for example. If there isn’t a major overhaul for show material, there won’t be any big sales volume for Stern for this game and it will not ever be considered one of the great’s like Batman is thought to be because of its awesome show material content and coding.

The reason Batman ranks so high in the rankings is because of show content and coding period. It shoots nice, but not near as well as Munsters. Greatly overhaul and improve the code and Munsters should rank even higher and sell even better than Batman. Again, the minor few that didn’t buy this game for the beloved Munsters show, just don’t upgrade your game code. It is proven that themes sell games. Games without popular themes in this day and age, don’t sell very well at all. Don’t need to look any further than Cosmic Carnival for that proof or Oktoberfest or even Dialed In.

#6199 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I also make my living in entertainment and could not agree more about the clips and there being missed opportunities. There were many many many posts though to the effect of "simple code = bad game."

#6200 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I also make my living in entertainment and could not agree more about the clips and there being missed opportunities. There were many many many posts though to the effect of "simple code = bad game."

More than simple code equaling bad game, I think it is about the 2020 era of pinball. Meaning it is not about location play any longer, where simple code is sufficient. Home use only era needs to have more comprehensive game code to last in a home environment, with people whom play it over the years many times. Not just pumping in a few dollars for a few minutes now and again on location. Simple shallow code is fine there.

A good friend of mine just purchased MBr. After he had it only a day or two, remarked to me, “I’m going to have to make this game harder somehow, since I am now seeing all the game has to offer several times over, every time I play it.” “It is becoming somewhat boring with no real coding depth”, he remarked. Monster Bash is a great game, but was designed and coded for location play, not a home environment. Every friend I’ve known that has purchased MB, has usually on sold it. In this modern era, games have to have coding depth for staying power, for most people.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/124?hl=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.