IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 237.
#6101 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So my topper seems to be mechanically functioning just fine. It is not doing the hourly call outs only one when it is first turned on. I think I’ve heard a couple random ones in the last week but that’s it. Does this mean it’s broken or is this a code issue? I’m leaning toward code but what the hell do I know? I’ve got 1.02 installed.

Code

#6102 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No thats not it but thanks anyway. Someone showed the lower playfield with a big piece of plastic I think that wrapped all the way behind “the machine” in the lower playfield that wouldnt allow balls to get stuck there anymore. I cant find the post now but ill look again tomorrow. Surely i didnt dream this did i? Lol

Who-Dey,

I'm telling you, just do what I did and your issue will go away forever. Once you remove the lower playfield it is literally a 5 minute fix with no money out of pocket. Slightly bend the little tab down that holds the deflector plastic behind the machine. Just doing this will give you the clearance you need for the ball to fall back down onto the playfield if it hops up on there. And if you have a heat gun you can do what I did and warm up the plastic and form it for a little added clearance for good measure.

#6103 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Who-Dey,
I'm telling you, just do what I did and your issue will go away forever. Once you remove the lower playfield it is literally a 5 minute fix with no money out of pocket. Slightly bend the little tab down that holds the deflector plastic behind the machine. Just doing this will give you the clearance you need for the ball to fall back down onto the playfield if it hops up on there. And if you have a heat gun you can do what I did and warm up the plastic and form it for a little added clearance for good measure.

Will definitely give it a try Johnny. Thanks

#6104 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Who-Dey,

Yup - works like a champ

#6105 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You were not dreaming my friend Who-Dey. Here it is just for you (post #3047):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/61#post-4939296
Hard to find because it was posted nearly 6 months ago now. I just happened to bookmark it.
Edit: I see you said that was not it, but that is the only post that showed plastic wrapping around the back of the machine on the lower PF, so the ball would not get stuck there. Unless it is the very bottom of the Lower PF like Cotton is showing above.

Yeah, I just started bookmarking and I’ve been on here a year. I should’ve been doing that all along it is a total bitch to find some previous post that you’re looking for. Definitely recommend bookmarking.

#6106 4 years ago

Getting a new shirt printed for the haters

98421 (resized).jpeg98421 (resized).jpeg
#6107 4 years ago

Sooo excited! My Topper comes back tomorrow! Really hope it's all good!

#6108 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Sooo excited! My Topper comes back tomorrow! Really hope it's all good!

I hope it comes back fixed for you. Im still waiting on my 2nd replacement to ship to me lol. Fuckin Stern man i tell ya......

#6109 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hope it comes back fixed for you. Im still waiting on my 2nd replacement to ship to me lol. Fuckin Stern man i tell ya......

@Who-Dey, man I sure hope so. I'm going to look it over real damned good. With any luck, it'll be good, and yours will be too!

#6110 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Who-Dey, man I sure hope so. I'm going to look it over real damned good. With any luck, it'll be good, and yours will be too!

Topper should work, just not completely right... Unfortunately, the code is not in finish state yet. I emailed them last night for an update . Hoping this wasn't shelved as they are close... I'll be pissed...

#6111 4 years ago

Ok, hooked the topper up, and it appears to be working with no visible issues. Need to give it a close look Friday night. Will be looking to changing the Raven LED to a blue or purple one. Is the LED a socketed one, like a #89 or a #555? How many LED's are on it? It it like an 8 smd?

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Topper should work, just not completely right... Unfortunately, the code is not in finish state yet. I emailed them last night for an update . Hoping this wasn't shelved as they are close... I'll be pissed...

MK6PIN, do you know specifically what is expected to work/what isn't? I get all lights, raven pops out during game/attract mode/etc. The clock is never correct, however, and all the methods I've read that are supposed to advance the clock by an hour don't (the hand spins 4-5 times completely and then lands on a random time). Just not sure if this behavior is what everyone else is seeing as well.

Thanks!

#6113 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok, hooked the topper up, and it appears to be working with no visible issues. Need to give it a close look Friday night. Will be looking to changing the Raven LED to a blue or purple one. Is the LED a socketed one, like a #89 or a #555? How many LED's are on it? It it like an 8 smd?

a single 89 (large) bayonet base...5v..I went w red and like it alot, but think purple would look great too (just me)

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-spike-5v-flashers

#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

MK6PIN, do you know specifically what is expected to work/what isn't? I get all lights, raven pops out during game/attract mode/etc. The clock is never correct, however, and all the methods I've read that are supposed to advance the clock by an hour don't (the hand spins 4-5 times completely and then lands on a random time). Just not sure if this behavior is what everyone else is seeing as well.
Thanks!

Boy do I ever.....overview:

What works consistently:

a) The flashing character lights work correctly
b) Raven taunting is correct and absolutely makes the game way more fun. All sorts of times during gameplay that he will interact (some countdowns, taunting on drains, incomplete modes, just a general nuisance.....love it)
c) Clock spins and random chaos during Multiballs IF you hit the jackpot target when solid. Awesome during Raven multiball.

What it does, but not consistent:

a) Clock
1) Tell time - forget it. the clock moves, but not consistent to anything
2) In test mode - forget it. the clock does move, however, inconsistent increments. misses hours
b) Raven -
1) announces the hour correctly at power on (forget the clock), but inconsistent during the hours
2) test mode - comes out consistently, but like the clock, misses several hours
c) Chimes
1) still inconsistent. supposed to chime one time for each hour, sustained on last (i.e. 7 oclock gets 6 short, 1 long chime after Raven pops out)
2) some times you get a single chime when raven announces the hour

oddities:

a) If you turn the game on within 5 minutes of top of the hour (6:55) raven comes out, and a decent chance you get the whole raven chime effect at 7
b) Sometimes, Raven just decides not to announce at all. pisses me off.

Current takeaway:

They have to fix the code to get this thing behaving. The taunting raven and spinning clock during multiball are way cool. Super fun as is HOWEVER if you're a clock watcher and expect this to work as designed, it can bug the crap out of you. Counting on them finishing this.

hope this helps.....mark

#6115 4 years ago

Thank you Mark!

#6116 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Thank you Mark!

Tune out the clock accuracy for now and just play....Raven taunts are the best thing to happen for pinball (toy wise) in a long time...finally, something mechanical comes out to dish out a verbal assault..all sorts of chatter....hilarious and sometimes catches you off guard (aggressive, loud motion).

Had always hoped BM66 Villian vision would do something like this...sadly didn't happen.

#6117 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Had always hoped BM66 Villian vision would do something like this...sadly didn't happen.

Keep the faith, I have more faith in Lyman to possibly make this happen then I do for any additional coding from Dwight ( other then the topper enhancements ).

#6118 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Keep the faith, I have more faith in Lyman to possibly make this happen then I do for any additional coding from Dwight ( other then the topper enhancements ).

No worries..mines not leaving and a blast to play. These 2 games are such polar opposites (ironic as both are nostalgia themes)....gotta have them both.

BM66 makes you strategize, very deep, and a calculated play. Munsters is just so "in your face" fun and brutal at the same time. Choice in spades with these 2...

#6119 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No worries..mines not leaving and a blast to play. These 2 games are such polar opposites (ironic as both are nostalgia themes)....gotta have them both.

BM66 makes you strategize, very deep, and a calculated play. Munsters is just so "in your face" fun and brutal at the same time. Choice in spades with these 2...

What's even more ironic about liking and owning both is that the reason The Munster's was eventually cancelled was because of the 1966 series premier of Batman. LOL The ratings dropped as folks were now watching the new Dynamic Duo in color.

#6120 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

What's even more ironic about liking and owning both is that the reason The Munster's was eventually cancelled was because of the 1966 series premier of Batman. LOL The ratings dropped as folks were now watching the new Dynamic Duo in color.

In prime time!!!! Childhood memories for me....good stuff!!!

#6121 4 years ago

Based on feedback from this thread, I changed Grandpa's Lab flipper to soft....major improvement if you ask me. Much more control...less bouncy bounce.

Does anyone else have an issue with the mini ball getting stuck on top of/behind the right basement flipper?

Usually have to tilt to get it dislodged.

#6122 4 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Does anyone else have an issue with the mini ball getting stuck on top of/behind the right basement flipper?
Usually have to tilt to get it dislodged.

See my post #6096 on page 122.

Once I made and installed these simple baffles, the stuck balls were no more.

675db92f88d2ee5cc8dfc10160a58a353d7b0cc3 (resized).jpg675db92f88d2ee5cc8dfc10160a58a353d7b0cc3 (resized).jpg

#6123 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Raven taunts are the best thing to happen for pinball (toy wise) in a long time...finally, something mechanical comes out to dish out a verbal assault..all sorts of chatter....hilarious and sometimes catches you off guard (aggressive, loud motion).

Every time you start talking about this Raven taunting it makes me want to get one of these toppers. Like now. I am a pinball masochist. Being tagged teamed with Paul Lynde and a Raven sounds like lots of fun.

#6124 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Every time you start talking about this Raven taunting it makes me want to get one of these toppers. Like now. I am a pinball masochist. Being tagged teamed with Paul Lynde and a Raven sounds like lots of fun.

It really is a riot. “Make the shot already!” “Never more”.

#6125 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

son of a bitch (sigh). I mention the above and decide I would like to play some Munsters and the Grandpa's Laboratory has decided it will not kick the ball out. The ball gets locked and then the lost ball locater finally kicks the ball out. i'll have to look into it when I have some time in a couple of days.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

It's probably just the lead fell off the switch and you'll need a new switch it's been a common problem

Quoted from cottonm4:

Somehow I missed this switch being a problem. Tomorrow, I'm going to try and find time to lift the play field and have a look around. I hope it is not some proprietary switch I have to have mailed in from a distro.

Quoted from Manic:

Why not just call Stern and send Chas your pic and they'll send you a couple of switches for free? They'll be glad to.

Chas sent me a replacement switch last week. This evening is the first chance I have had to get things back together. All is well.

Here is the broken switch.

ec532bf14e0b01fd6953bcc3a86b681f24635280 (resized).jpgec532bf14e0b01fd6953bcc3a86b681f24635280 (resized).jpg

And the repair.

IMG_2116 (resized).JPGIMG_2116 (resized).JPG

IMG_2115 (resized).JPGIMG_2115 (resized).JPG

My switch looked like a vibration break from a vibrating wire. If it is a common problem, I will suggest you all might want to tie wrap the green wire and black wire together to in an effort to keep your switch from breaking.

Time to throw on a tie wrap......5 minutes or less.

Time to replace the broken switch.......if you have the teeny tiny jeweler sockets to remove 2 itty bitty switch screws....30-60 minutes (depending on how good you are with a soldering iron).

Time to replace if you don't have the teeny tiny jeweler sockets........1 to 2 hours.

IMG_2114 (resized).JPGIMG_2114 (resized).JPG

#6126 4 years ago

We just added Elvira House of Horrors to our Monster Pinball Arcade at our Darkness Haunted House here in st Louis.

We had the Munsters but we had to add the TOPPER!!! See the pic!

The Munsters Topper is pretty cool! Might be the coolest topper ever!

IMG_5317 (resized).jpgIMG_5317 (resized).jpgIMG_5384 (resized).jpgIMG_5384 (resized).jpgIMG_5389 (resized).jpgIMG_5389 (resized).jpg
#6127 4 years ago

Well gang, if Kaneda is to be believed, he just announced that he has heard that Stern is going to do a huge overhaul update for Munsters, after Dwight gets done doing GB. Wow, that will be soooo exciting! It supports what I’ve been hearing as well. It will propel Munsters up to Stardom where it should have been all along, if true.

Munsters has everything else going for it, so why not finish the code by making it massively appealing. It already is a good game, but not appealing to enough people. With proper show theme integration, it will put it in the top 5 in my book. It has everything else: art package, toys, uniquely fun lower PF, great ramp shots, music, classic universal monster theme, general appeal to most all people, great show cast and that one more game feel. The only thing lacking has been show code theme integration from 70+ TV shows.

Let’s face it, it has little to only a small smattering of the show and really at the end of ball sequence for only a minute. That is not much in the way of show material. It has been the one single thing holding this game back and I’m sure sales have been reflecting that fact. Great out of the gate, but has slowed substantially, is what I’ve been hearing. Here’s to exciting times for Munsters, if Dwight in fact does what we all want: a massive code overhaul like Kaneda said he’s heard is happening.

Keep the good elements that are already there, but add many needed missing show theme modes. With this, Stern could sell more Munsters than most any other game to date, judging just by friends that have never been exposed to pinball. They all love Munsters and have commented, that there is not much in the way of show integration in the game is there; they query. Hopefully that is about to change.

#6128 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well gang, if Kaneda is to be believed, he just announced that he has heard that Stern is going to do a huge overhaul update for Munsters, after Dwight gets done doing GB. Wow, that will be soooo exciting! It supports what I’ve been hearing as well. It will propel Munsters up to Stardom where it should have been all along, if true.
Munsters has everything else going for it, so why not finish the code by making it massively appealing. It already is a good table, but not massively appealing to enough people. With proper show theme integration, it will put it in the top 5 in my book. It has everything else: art package, toys, uniquely fun lower PF, great ramp shots, music, classic universal monster theme, general appeal to most all people, great show cast and that one more game feel. The only thing lacking has been show code theme integration from 70 TV shows.
Let’s face it, it has little to only a small smattering of the show and really at the end of ball sequence for only a minute. That is not much in the way of show material. It has been the one single thing holding this game back and I’m sure sales have been reflecting that fact. Great out of the gate, but has slowed substantially, is what I’ve been hearing. Here’s to exciting times for Munsters. if Dwight in fact does what we all want: a massive code overhaul like Kaneda said he’s heard is happening.
Keep the good elements that are already there, but add all the missing show theme game mode elements. With this, Stern could sell more Munsters than most any other game to date, judging just by friends that have never been exposed to pinball. They all love Munsters and have all commented, that there is not much in the way of show integration in the game is there; they query. Hopefully that is about to change.

This is something that should be addressed sooner rather then later, especially that Stern still has this unit on the production lines if they want them to sell. However hearing from where this source came from I have more faith in honesty from Stern statement about the playfields issues not being wide spread problem then I do about Kaneda hearing a huge Munster's code update/overhaul is coming. Either way it will be interesting to watch and see and hope it's true.

and for those who just want to hear the Munster's code update reference without having to rip your ears off listening to the whole podcast, here you go:

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-408-rumors-news-cribs-joe-balcer-still-at-ap#t=24:07

#6129 4 years ago

just installed my topper. The door for Raven opens all the way initially, but then only holds around 2/3rds to 3/4s of fully open. Anyone one encounter this? I noticed that you can see the coil settings but I didn’t see how to change them. Ideas?

#6130 4 years ago

If the code update changes gameplay, I may just have to keep the game... even though i dont have room!

#6131 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

just installed my topper. The door for Raven opens all the way initially, but then only holds around 2/3rds to 3/4s of fully open. Anyone one encounter this? I noticed that you can see the coil settings but I didn’t see how to change them. Ideas?

My brother has just taken delivery of a NIB premium with a topper. The latest code 10_02_0 is installed. Playing the machine yesterday, yes, we did notice the door would not close fully after raven call outs, and stops partially open ( approx 1/4 open). With a slight push, the door can be closed. It feels/sounds like pushing against a server motor when manually closing.

#6132 4 years ago

Owned this game a few weeks now. Bought the game after seeing it at flippers in NC this past September. Flippers always has the new games. Played several games for the first time: Munsters,DP, GOTG,Stern JP, Willy Wonka,Beatles,BM66 and interesting for me, the one game that impressed me the most was Munsters. Flippers had a B/W Premium Munsters and I really like the package and overall feel of the game. Granted , maybe played 3 to 4 games on each but I came away impressed with Munsters (not really a fan of the show as a kid even).

Push forward a couple of weeks and a nice priced super low HUO B/W prem comes up for sale. I read all the negatives about code ( and I really like code deep games), but, I like Dwight games. GOT is nailed to my floor, had SW pro and will replace with a premium/LE someday, hear really good things about recent work on GB so I decided to take a risk.
So far I really like the game. The code is no where near as bad as I have read. Most likely because I did not start with super hi expectations. Granted this is not a super deep /difficult code game like WD/ACDC/Hobbit /JJP Pirates but it has plenty of code as is for more then 80 percent of the players I know. I am happy as is, but, will be ecstatic if Dwight takes this game anywhere near SW/GOT/GB.
Even thinking about getting the Stern Topper for this one!

#6133 4 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

My brother has just taken delivery of a NIB premium with a topper. The latest code 10_02_0 is installed. Playing the machine yesterday, yes, we did notice the door would not close fully after raven call outs, and stops partially open ( approx 1/4 open). With a slight push, the door can be closed. It feels/sounds like pushing against a server motor when manually closing.

Hopefully, his topper was from the second batch. To my knowledge (limited, and counting mine) the mechs have all been sorted. The door closes naturally with a spring, after a coil fires and pulls the plunger in to open it. You should be able to open/ close it easily (manually), and raven sticks his head out pretty far now.

If you thought Spot in attract mode was noticeable, this guy will definitely get your attention.

#6134 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Owned this game a few weeks now. Bought the game after seeing it at flippers in NC this past September. Flippers always has the new games. Played several games for the first time: Munsters,DP, GOTG,Stern JP, Willy Wonka,Beatles,BM66 and interesting for me, the one game that impressed me the most was Munsters. Flippers had a B/W Premium Munsters and I really like the package and overall feel of the game. Granted , maybe played 3 to 4 games on each but I came away impressed with Munsters (not really a fan of the show as a kid even).
Push forward a couple of weeks and a nice priced super low HUO B/W prem comes up for sale. I read all the negatives about code ( and I really like code deep games), but, I like Dwight games. GOT is nailed to my floor, had SW pro and will replace with a premium/LE someday, hear really good things about recent work on GB so I decided to take a risk.
So far I really like the game. The code is no where near as bad as I have read. Most likely because I did not start with super hi expectations. Granted this is not a super deep /difficult code game like WD/ACDC/Hobbit /JJP Pirates but it has plenty of code as is for more then 80 percent of the players I know. I am happy as is, but, will be ecstatic if Dwight takes this game anywhere near SW/GOT/GB.

Congrats!!!! It's a great game, and welcome to the club....I've played "amazing" machines with much deeper code that I'd never own. Choice is always a good thing. You made a great one here, imho.....

#6135 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters has everything else going for it, so why not finish the code by making it massively appealing. It already is a good game, but not appealing to enough people. With proper show theme integration, it will put it in the top 5 in my book. It has everything else: art package, toys, uniquely fun lower PF, great ramp shots, music, classic universal monster theme, general appeal to most all people, great show cast and that one more game feel. The only thing lacking has been show code theme integration from 70+ TV shows.
Let’s face it, it has little to only a small smattering of the show and really at the end of ball sequence for only a minute. That is not much in the way of show material. It has been the one single thing holding this game back and I’m sure sales have been reflecting that fact. Great out of the gate, but has slowed substantially, is what I’ve been hearing. Here’s to exciting times for Munsters, if Dwight in fact does what we all want: a massive code overhaul like Kaneda said he’s heard is happening.
Keep the good elements that are already there, but add many needed missing show theme modes. With this, Stern could sell more Munsters than most any other game to date, judging just by friends that have never been exposed to pinball. They all love Munsters and have commented, that there is not much in the way of show integration in the game is there; they query. Hopefully that is about to change.

This is great news. I am extremely happy with the code that is on the game right now but i will always take more! If they could give this game a makeover like they did GB and GOT that would be amazing.

#6136 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well gang, if Kaneda is to be believed, he just announced that he has heard that Stern is going to do a huge overhaul update for Munsters, after Dwight gets done doing GB. Wow, that will be soooo exciting! It supports what I’ve been hearing as well.

You were told a huge overhaul is in the works?

What is Kaneda's source? Not saying this isn't happening and would love any and all updates to this already great game, but Kaneda is batting an extremely low percentage on his rumors.

#6137 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

The hate for Munsters came from a very vocal minority and turned into a trolling meme. It can't be taken remotely seriously if you play a Premium/LE for more than 10 minutes. The game is fast and smooth and quite challenging. (I have yet to meet someone who says the game is easy that has actually made it to Level 2 Munster Madness. Not saying you haven't... you might be a beast!)

Here is my impression of the dumb Pinside hate re: Munsters code:

"Not every game needs to have complex rules, Stern should make a new game like Iron Man or T2..."
**Stern makes a spiritual successor to literally Iron Man...**
"Stern should not be making shallow games anymore!"

edit: Want to be clear I think the hate is dumb, not
that Pinside is dumb as a whole or in general, nor do I think the hate was ubiquitous across Pinside.

#6138 4 years ago

OMG I would cry if they redid code for Munsters. I am still a big fan of the game as it stands.

Only thing driving me nutty is the damn airballs on the lower playfield on my Premium. Nothing pisses me off more than missing 85% or more of the timer ramp.

#6139 4 years ago

THIS

"The hate for Munsters came from a very vocal minority and turned into a trolling meme."

Lot's of people I am friends with have abandoned pinside all together. Refer to it as a toxic environment.
A few of us still holding on.

#6140 4 years ago

If they do dramatically change the game I would welcome it. I like the game as it stands but would love it with some more real modes and something better to do with that button than stupid zaps. A complete waste to me as well as dragula.

Thing is you don't have to upgrade to the latest code if you like it as it is as well.

#6141 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

If they do dramatically change the game I would welcome it. I like the game as it stands but would love it with some more real modes and something better to do with that button than stupid zaps. A complete waste to me as well as dragula.
Thing is you don't have to upgrade to the latest code if you like it as it is as well.

Absolutely! That's why I keep a copy of previous codes in case I want to go back.

#6142 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

The hate for Munsters came from a very vocal minority and turned into a trolling meme. It can't be taken remotely seriously if you play a Premium/LE for more than 10 minutes. The game is fast and smooth and quite challenging. (I have yet to meet someone who says the game is easy that has actually made it to Level 2 Munster Madness. Not saying you haven't... you might be a beast!)
"Not every game needs to have complex rules, Stern should make a new game like Iron Man or T2..."

LOL no “beast” here! I have made it to Madness once!

#6143 4 years ago

Code problem. Just updated to 1.02 .things seemed to go well. Rebooted game showed 1.02 update.
Tried to get into menu for game settings and it’s not allowing me to enter?
Any help appreciated. Thanks

#6144 4 years ago

Anyone figure out secret mania yet???

#6145 4 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Code problem. Just updated to 1.02 .things seemed to go well. Rebooted game showed 1.02 update.
Tried to get into menu for game settings and it’s not allowing me to enter?
Any help appreciated. Thanks

Did you try a full reboot yet?

#6146 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

edit: Want to be clear I think the hate is dumb, not
that Pinside is dumb as a whole or in general, nor do I think the hate was ubiquitous across Pinside.

Well said, you had about 5 assholes that just wouldn't stfu about how bad the code is and lots of people bought into their BS and missed out on a killer game and probably hurt the games sales as well unfortunately.

Munsters pinball is awesome and one of the funnest games that I have played. Obviously me loving the theme and the pin being possibly the best looking game ever made helps but even without all of that, this game is sweet and it will never leave my collection ever.

Bolted to the floor forever 100% at my house!

#6147 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well said, you had about 5 assholes that just wouldn't stfu about how bad the code is and lots of people bought into their BS and missed out on a killer game and probably hurt the games sales as well unfortunately.
Munsters pinball is awesome and one of the funnest games that I have played. Obviously me loving the theme and the pin being possibly the best looking game ever made helps but even without all of that, this game is sweet and it will never leave my collection ever.

We will never let a few fools spoil the love of the hobby for us. We love our games and all the time we spend on them with family and friends. Munsters is an awesome game. Topper is one of the best ever.

#6148 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

THIS
"The hate for Munsters came from a very vocal minority and turned into a trolling meme."
Lot's of people I am friends with have abandoned pinside all together. Refer to it as a toxic environment.
A few of us still holding on.

"Misery loves company"....sums up the Munsters vibe started and propagated by a few on here. There are good threads to be found, but admit they can be few and far between at times. Even a healthy thread can get toxic quick. Just the nature of a public forum, I suppose.

Pinside has to be taken in doses (speaking from experience). It becomes an addiction (like the games)....I'd be very sad if the site wasn't here, but sometimes avoid it at all cost as some of the bullshit can get quite deep.

Those of us that love the game can simply keep enjoying it, those that don't just won't. Who cares? I don't. Nice to have club threads, but even those get infested every now and then.

(I'm always for code updates on any game, btw. never know what these talented programmers come up with...)

#6149 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nailed it Who-Dey !!!! "worse code ever" I actually laughed out loud reading it, until it finally vanished from my screen. Guy couldn't even spell the thread title correctly.....gives you an idea of what lies behind (or under) some of these keyboards....

#6150 4 years ago

Ok guys, need your thoughts and ideas. Playing the hell out of me Premium tonight, putting my Topper to the test. Up front, love the hell out of it. When they tweak the code issues a bit, it'll be functionally perfect. Now, my problem. And I want to know if I'm not alone, and what a good "fix" would be. In our game room, we have 2 pins on 1 wall, and 2 on the opposite wall, arranged to receive a 3rd when my JP Premium comes. My Munsters is on the wall where the 3 will be, with it in the middle. We have bar tables and stools at each end of the room, with barstools. The problem is, the seating is at about 45 degree angles from the Munsters. The LED PCB's that light Lily and Eddie, are fully exposed at that angle and are horribly bright and annoying. Im thinking if maybe the MOD people who can mold plastic can make some kind of blinder, like a horse blinder, to keep from blinding me or my guests. If I put the machine on either end instead of the middle, it still happens to some degree. Now, Im not bitching about this being a design flaw, I'm just trying to cure an anomaly in my case that bugs me. Anyone else have this, or have any ideas? Any of you MOD guys that can make a set of blinders that look good, let me know...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/123?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.