IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 237.
#6001 4 years ago

Did the latest update fix the node board 1,8& 9 communication error? Perhaps that interlock portion of the update addressed this?

#6002 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When i get a game I always assume there won’t be any more code updates. I buy based on what the game is, not what I hope it will be.

A wise statement, and ditto for me. The only exception was BM66, where we knew things were going to be slow code wise. I still actually loved the game, and would have lived with it regardless.

#6003 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When i get a game I always assume there won’t be any more code updates. I buy based on what the game is, not what I hope it will be.

I buy newer sterns based off if we really love it in its current code and know it should only get better. Hasn’t failed us yet. I have 5 in our line up and really enjoy them all

#6004 4 years ago

If its got Herman Munster on it I'm buying it, I don't care if it's a lamp, cuckoo clock, pinball machine whatever! Just so happens that the game turned out to be awesome as a bonus!

#6005 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Two years in a thread called “A Dark Night for Stern”, over 350 pinsiders upvoted a post that said, in part:

“I'm no longer going to buy a game for what it might become in the future or what a company tells me they are going to do. Actions speak louder than words. I'm going to be buying on what I get today, not promises of what I'll get tomorrow.”

I hope that there are still plenty of people willing to put their money where their mouth is. The more common that becomes, the more Stern will pay attention. I do believe that Stern will eventually bow to the fence sitters waiting for more substantial code. I just hope they do it before most of those folks have moved on.

#6006 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batman Premium sales didn’t start to take off until there were significant code updates. Sales were indeed abysmal after LE/SLE for a little over a year. But the difference between Batman and Munsters was significant.

Your comparison numbers are probably close because Munsters had almost double the number of LEs in the initial sales rush and almost all were sold before the “Munsters is done” announcement was made.

I think Ghostbusters is slightly different though I don’t know a lot about the title since I don’t have a lot of interest in it. However, it sold far more units than Munsters (so far)

I believe Munsters sales are pretty much done unless Stern revisits the code (and figures out the clear situation).

Do you have a source for any of this? I see all kinds of people throwing around sales figures, but it always sounds like people making stuff up. Not saying you are making stuff up... maybe you are a distributor or something? Just curious.

#6007 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Do you have a source for any of this? I see all kinds of people throwing around sales figures, but it always sounds like people making stuff up. Not saying you are making stuff up... maybe you are a distributor or something? Just curious.

I have many sources ... most of which would no longer be sources if I revealed them. The information I have is mostly second hand or anecdotal but from people that have first hand knowledge. Sometimes it’s confirmation on an educated guess/range; sometimes it’s more specific. I also pride myself at reading between the lines and sensing when someone has an agenda. But, unless I rely on information from a published source, I don’t talk about sources.

(No, I’m not a distributor. Just someone who likes to ask a lot of questions and has been interested in the business of pinball for over twenty years).

#6008 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agreed. Then Dwight made the now infamous statement that the game was essentially done. Stern will only produce more Munsters over the next few years if distributors want to order more. Right now they don’t and many are sitting on unsold inventory (made more difficult by playfield QC concerns) For the most part Stern doesn’t produce games that aren’t sold/committed to distributors.
I believe demand will increase notably if Stern releases a code update that substantially improves asset use and theme integration. But not before.
Edit: looks like I was typing this at the same time as the post above.

Hemispheres Amusements disagrees with you.

According to them the only Munsters pins sitting on their floor collecting any kind of dust are ones waiting on their toppers to arrive before shipping out.

#6009 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Hemispheres Amusements disagrees with you.
According to them the only Munsters pins sitting on their floor collecting any kind of dust are ones waiting on their toppers to arrive before shipping out.

My distro would disagree as well. They have been selling and no 'excess' inventory.

#6010 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

My distro would disagree as well. They have been selling and no 'excess' inventory.

Not sure who you're referring to, but I have (2x) current distros that I deal with. Zero at either, as well.

There are also a few, extremely well respected members of the pinball industry speak fondly of the game ("I haven't bought one in awhile, but if I did, Munsters is cool").

None of this matters.....club thread, in or out, your personal choice.

With the additional callouts (can actually hear Grandpa now), the new drop was worth it, and topper officially moves into badass for me. Hope everyone that wants one gets a working version soon.

#6011 4 years ago

All I can say is I love my Munsters Premium. I bought it NIB, and bought one of the last NIB AC/DC Premium Vaults back in January. Also have an F14 and a T2. The code depths are night and day between Munsters and AC/DC. I personally don't give a damn because I love playing all 4 games and they're not going anywhere......ever. I had to sell my colection 10 years ago, and started my new one at the beginning of the year. I had the 2 Williams games before, and loved them then, so bought them again. Bottom dollar line, as long as it makes the owner happy, that's all that matters. I believe the Stern games are great, and the company is certainly reputable. In fact, I ordered my JP Premium the other day. Just waiting on the return of my Topper. I stand behind Stern.

#6012 4 years ago

Just picked up A B/W premium HUO. Thank you to all who trash this game as it helps those of us who buy after the first owner.
All kidding aside this may be one of the most beautiful games I have owned. Thinking about the topper.
As far as code, Mr Sullivan is one of my favorite software designers. GOT is an unheralded master piece and will be the last game to leave my collection. Sold my SW pro but I will replace with a prem/LE someday and even thinking about bringing back GB.
Munsters is a far better shooter then all those games and I will love it even more after some additional Dwight attention.

#6013 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have many sources ... most of which would no longer be sources if I revealed them. The information I have is mostly second hand or anecdotal but from people that have first hand knowledge. Sometimes it’s confirmation on an educated guess/range; sometimes it’s more specific. I also pride myself at reading between the lines and sensing when someone has an agenda. But, unless I rely on information from a published source, I don’t talk about sources.
(No, I’m not a distributor. Just someone who likes to ask a lot of questions and has been interested in the business of pinball for over twenty years).

OK, well your sources are bad. Your Munsters and Batman information are flat out wrong. (Source: three different distributors not counting the ones in this thread.) Sorry to burst your bubble. Also, when you use made up facts to prop up your code complaints, *you* end up looking like the one with the agenda.

#6014 4 years ago

Wow that escalated fast! No need to be a dick. If you like the game great if not no need for you to be in here.

#6015 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I also pride myself at reading between the lines and sensing when someone has an agenda.

Ok. I see. You got a Magic 8 Ball for reading between the lines. Those are like money in the bank

th-2 (resized).jpgth-2 (resized).jpg

#6016 4 years ago

Ok...I'm in!

Just got one. Total dream them for me. I'm 50 and have loved The Munsters all my life! Franchi really nailed it on the art. I think the Black and White is stunning and moreso in person than in pics.

About 30 games in, and I really like the gameplay. It is addictive. Glad I didn't follow the mob.

Waiting on the shaker, as the seller listed it with shaker motor, but forgot to install it. How well is it integrated?

Lastly, I haven't updated code yet, but my topper neither lights up, nor moves.

20190926_122353 (resized).jpg20190926_122353 (resized).jpg
#6017 4 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Ok...I'm in!
Just got one. Total dream them for me. I'm 50 and have loved The Munsters all my life! Franchi really nailed it on the art. I think the Black and White is stunning and moreso in person than in pics.
About 30 games in, and I really like the gameplay. It is addictive. Glad I didn't follow the mob.
Waiting on the shaker, as the seller listed it with shaker motor, but forgot to install it. How well is it integrated?
Lastly, I haven't updated code yet, but my topper neither lights up, nor moves.[quoted image]

Congrats!!! I always update code...In this case there are some callouts that weren't there prior...topper or no...

#6019 4 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Did the latest update fix the node board 1,8& 9 communication error? Perhaps that interlock portion of the update addressed this?

Yes, it did. I took a video of what it does now. Makes much more sense.

Good update for this alone even if you don’t have a topper.

Does anyone know what “Install Directors Cut” does? Thinking of giving it a try.
EC1755E4-4865-4EEF-B057-A8E341CEE2EB (resized).jpegEC1755E4-4865-4EEF-B057-A8E341CEE2EB (resized).jpeg

#6020 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Does anyone know what “Install Directors Cut” does? Thinking of giving it a try.

It’s a preset settings install that the coder sometimes uses. If I remember right Dwight doesn’t use this. So I don’t think it will change any settings.

#6021 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

OK, well your sources are bad. Your Munsters and Batman information are flat out wrong. (Source: three different distributors not counting the ones in this thread.) Sorry to burst your bubble. Also, when you use made up facts to prop up your code complaints, *you* end up looking like the one with the agenda.

I highly doubt my sources are wrong. My Batman comments tracks what others have reported; ditto Munsters. (Ask your distributor sources why there haven’t been any more Munsters runs). And my code complaints are MY code complaints, not others. As for my ‘agenda’ - I want Elvira and Munsters to be kick ass games that are massive hits for Stern and I want to own them both. But I’m not spending $ on either until I’m happy with the code and convinced that the playfield issues have been solved.

Believe what you want. The only thing that matters is what Stern does with the game, not what any of us think they are going to do. I have a pretty nice collection. If I never add another pin it’s still a pretty awesome collection. If Stern makes Munsters what it should be, I’ll buy one. If not that doesn’t make it a bad game. Just not one I’m buying.

#6022 4 years ago

Even though my topper hasn’t arrived yet, noticed that the backbox now flickers with certain PF progress goals achieved.

#6023 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:If Stern makes Munsters what it should be, I’ll buy one.

If you’re not an owner, why are you in this thread posting so regularly? It’s hard to really know a pin until you own it. Pins on location and friends houses are completely different than owning one as you can change settings, pitch etc. my Munsters settings are tailored to how we like to play it.

I’m sure you have bought pins you thought were great and found out it wasn’t what you thought. I’m also sure you have bought pins that where average and found out they were great.

#6024 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I highly doubt my sources are wrong. My Batman comments tracks what others have reported; ditto Munsters. (Ask your distributor sources why there haven’t been any more Munsters runs).

Perhaps because they were cranking out JP and Elvira out right away?

I'm prolly out on a NIB until the pf issue is resolved as well. I am considering a couple of 'show specials' coming up at Expo though...I do have a really bad lack of space issue right now though

#6025 4 years ago

I loved the Munsters but after 6 months I got bored of it and traded it for a GB Premium. I only have space for 1 pin so I wanted something more challenging.

That being said I'll still be playing it at my local arcade and I can't wait to see how the code expands. I'll be picking it up again but for now I'm out of the club.

#6026 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I loved the Munsters but after 6 months I got bored of it and traded it for a GB Premium. I only have space for 1 pin so I wanted something more challenging.
That being said I'll still be playing it at my local arcade and I can't wait to see how the code expands. I'll be picking it up again but for now I'm out of the club.

Don't take this the wrong way, but a one pin collection does get boring pretty quick. Been there, done that. That's prolly why they multiply like bunnies at most peoples houses.

#6027 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Don't take this the wrong way, but a one pin collection does get boring pretty quick. Been there, done that. That's prolly why they multiply like bunnies at most peoples houses.

Too true. I'd go through withdrawals, sadly. There isn't a single pin made that I wouldn't tire of after awhile if it was the only choice.

#6028 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Agreed, I completely understand changing pins regularly in a one pin collection and your right, it’s why they multiply

#6029 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If you’re not an owner, why are you in this thread posting so regularly? It’s hard to really know a pin until you own it. Pins on location and friends houses are completely different than owning one as you can change settings, pitch etc. my Munsters settings are tailored to how we like to play it.
I’m sure you have bought pins you thought were great and found out it wasn’t what you thought. I’m also sure you have bought pins that where average and found out they were great.

If you read my posts you would know the answer to your question.

It’s fair to say one has far more control over a pin that you own but beyond that is stretching it. Munsters wasn’t/isn’t a relative flop on location because barcade players didn’t own one instead.

And no, I’ve never bought a pin I thought was average and then changed my mind into thinking it was great. As for the reverse - once. Monster Bash was a game I was sure was going to be a great addition to my collection - I wanted one for almost 15 years before I commissioned what turned out to be a beautiful restoration- but it just didn’t click enough to stay (though I probably would have kept it if I didn’t need the space).

I’m at the point where a favorite has to move out to bring something new in. I like Munsters a lot as it is (certainly better than most games in recent memory), but not enough (in its current state) to buy it new to replace an existing game. If I had unlimited space or money, I would have bought a Premium the day I cancelled my LE order.

But none of this is relevant to the recent conversation that Munsters sales and demand are likely to be pretty much flatlined unless Stern makes some significant improvements to the code, a premise shared by many owners and non-owners alike. And because some portion of potential sales will always be lost to whatever the latest game is, the longer it takes the fewer NIB Munsters will sell.

#6030 4 years ago

Can owning one pin be defined as having a “collection”?

It near about killed me to go from 50+ to twenty something. I don’t know if I could ever decide which game to keep if I could only keep one.

#6031 4 years ago

I finally got chance to watch some of the dead flip reveal and I have to say I can’t believe so many people are whining and complaining about the deadheads. The deadheads seems to be a good concept to me and very integrated into the theme. The whole premise of the game is to get the 12 villains back into the crypt. It seems pretty logical to have their head bouncing around on the screen like a ghost while you’re doing that. What other options are there really? I didn’t think it was bad at all. I do think they could make it much cooler if they made the deadhead fade a little each time you hit a shot to put them away like a real ghost, I think that would look awesome plus then you wouldn’t see the bright image the whole time of the dead head. On the pool floaties I kind of agree they don’t really fit the theme but they’re not annoying they’re just out of place. It looks like the pop bumpers have creatures on them perhaps they should just change the floaties to those creatures popping on the screen each time you hit a pop. And since we know they can trigger each individual switch to a video response they could make each pop show their own character. Other than that I thought it looked great and I’m excited to get my LE.

#6032 4 years ago

Umm ... wrong thread. ^^

#6033 4 years ago

Whoops sorry lol

#6034 4 years ago

Back on topic for this thread, they shipped my replacement topper yesterday and I can see the code has changed how it performs even my broken one. So I am assuming it was a combination of code and mechanical issues making them not work properly. Sounds like the guys who have new code and a new topper say it’s finally working. That’s great.

#6035 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Back on topic for this thread, they shipped my replacement topper yesterday and I can see the code has changed how it performs even my broken one. So I am assuming it was a combination of code and mechanical issues making them not work properly. Sounds like the guys who have new code and a new topper say it’s finally working. That’s great.

Maybe I should order one now.......

#6036 4 years ago

I just updated my pro to the latest code. I wasn't expecting much but now the backglass lights are pulsing with different modes. Seems to be tied to the GI lights. I've also been hearing some new callouts. So a few little items were added that are not in the code update history.

#6037 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Maybe I should order one now.......

Yes

#6038 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you read my posts you would know the answer to your question.
It’s fair to say one has far more control over a pin that you own but beyond that is stretching it. Munsters wasn’t/isn’t a relative flop on location because barcade players didn’t own one instead.
And no, I’ve never bought a pin I thought was average and then changed my mind into thinking it was great. As for the reverse - once. Monster Bash was a game I was sure was going to be a great addition to my collection - I wanted one for almost 15 years before I commissioned what turned out to be a beautiful restoration- but it just didn’t click enough to stay (though I probably would have kept it if I didn’t need the space).
I’m at the point where a favorite has to move out to bring something new in. I like Munsters a lot as it is (certainly better than most games in recent memory), but not enough (in its current state) to buy it new to replace an existing game. If I had unlimited space or money, I would have bought a Premium the day I cancelled my LE order.
But none of this is relevant to the recent conversation that Munsters sales and demand are likely to be pretty much flatlined unless Stern makes some significant improvements to the code, a premise shared by many owners and non-owners alike. And because some portion of potential sales will always be lost to whatever the latest game is, the longer it takes the fewer NIB Munsters will sell.

It’s worth noting I impulse purchased Munsters premium based on 3 plays at a venue. My wife and I both fell in love immediately. And it was just the pro version.

While I’m not claiming to be “every man” I do find it interesting how my exposure and experience with venues and vendors varies widely from what you are saying.

Maybe it’s an east coast vs west coast thing.

I have to agree with MK6PIN that the topper when working correctly is one of the most awesome pin experiences I’ve had.

I haven’t been this excited about a topper since Attack From Mars LE. That’s my grail pin and I have to admit the Munsters topper kicks its ass in interactivity and added play value.

#6039 4 years ago

Tried....shows sold out....

#6040 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

It’s worth noting I impulse purchased Munsters premium based on 3 plays at a venue. My wife and I both fell in love immediately. And it was just the pro version.
While I’m not claiming to be “every man” I do find it interesting how my exposure and experience with venues and vendors varies widely from what you are saying.
Maybe it’s an east coast vs west coast thing.
I have to agree with mk6pin that the topper when working correctly is one of the most awesome pin experiences I’ve had.
I haven’t been this excited about a topper since Attack From Mars LE. That’s my grail pin and I have to admit the Munsters topper kicks its ass in interactivity and added play value.

I love my AFMR LE also and that topper is one of the best ever made IMHO. The Munsters topper though when working truly is incredible and very inventive and excellent use of theme and integration and perhaps the best of all time so far. Glad they kept at it. Hoping JP and BKSOR have cool ones also.

Oh wait I take it back, the Star Wars topper is hands down the best of all time. Plus zero chance of breakdown

#6041 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I bet they want to make sure that the replacement ones going out for the second time now truly do work before they sell any more new ones. Once they get confirmation the new ones in the field are working then I suspect they’ll sell more. And it makes sense for them not to keep selling them until they’re sure they’re all good.

#6042 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Still in backorder state I think..Will have to fill existing orders, replace bad ones, etc. first.

Good news...Yours will rock!!

#6043 4 years ago

Well, we all think the raven clock rocks...Dwight, will you just add more of us to the game please? Here’s lookin at you Stern...

2152BB7B-89CB-4673-8BE6-620BF25DEE8D (resized).jpeg2152BB7B-89CB-4673-8BE6-620BF25DEE8D (resized).jpeg
#6044 4 years ago

Had Munsters Pro for about a month and finally hit Midnight Madness for a score of over 105 million for first place, but did not break my Grand Master score of over 110 millions without hitting Midnight Madness. Which brings me to this question. Is Midnight Madness a random thing that happens or is it a sequence you need to do to activate it?

#6045 4 years ago
Quoted from lpganhao:

Had Munsters Pro for about a month and finally hit Midnight Madness for a score of over 105 million for first place, but did not break my Grand Master score of over 110 millions without hitting Midnight Madness. Which brings me to this question. Is Midnight Madness a random thing that happens or is it a sequence you need to do to activate it?

Midnight madness only happens when the game clock hits midnight. If you set the time on the clock in the settings it will happen every night at midnight if you are playing a game..

#6046 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Midnight madness only happens when the game clock hits midnight. If you set the time on the clock in the settings it will happen every night at midnight if you are playing a game..

Yep...."Munster Madness" you have to earn after completing all the modes...couple levels of that (I've only made it 1x so far)

#6047 4 years ago

It’s a shame that Munsters has fallen into the mob mentality. I feel the game is being rated harshly. I purchased my Munsters LE when it first came out for sale and only have grown more fondly of it the longer I own it.

The game is just fun and entertaining. Anytime I want to relax and have a good time I play Munsters. The lower Playfield once flippers set on soft plays like its own pin it’s hella fun. This is my go to game when I don’t want to feel drained from a long complicated pin. I just love Munsters so much fun (thanks John Borg for such a cool layout). I feel happy every time I play this game.

#6048 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Time clock must be off, it gone off late afternoon.

#6049 4 years ago

There is only one thing I do not like about this machine.....

The power switch location! This is the only modern Stern I have, and it gets me every, damn, time.

#6050 4 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

There is only one thing I do not like about this machine.....
The power switch location! This is the only modern Stern I have, and it gets me every, damn, time.

Get a remote like most of us do, home depot amazon etc....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/121?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.