IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 237.
#501 5 years ago

Here are a few photos showing what I have done to improve the ball track/plunge as I described earlier. There is a small area where the ball was making contact on the underside of the wireform, I'm pointing to it in the photo. You can see the clear plastic film I applied to the wood at the kickout location, and how I filed the leading edges of the metal transition ramp as the metal had some burrs left from the manufacturing/stamping process which might have been causing the ball to jump upward a bit. Also there were two sets of holes drilled to secure that transition ramp, one set must have been wrong for some reason I'm guessing. I used a 45 degree deburr and chamfered the holes just a tad to remove the wood that had been displaced and raised upward resulting from the screw installation just to insure the metal ramp would make good contact with the wood when reinstalled. All this work did help some but still needs a bit more fine tunning IMO.

20190203_094940 (resized).jpg20190203_094940 (resized).jpg20190203_095242 (resized).jpg20190203_095242 (resized).jpg20190203_100048 (resized).jpg20190203_100048 (resized).jpg20190203_101331 (resized).jpg20190203_101331 (resized).jpg20190203_103651 (resized).jpg20190203_103651 (resized).jpg20190203_111402 (resized).jpg20190203_111402 (resized).jpg
#502 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Schools in session please take out your textbooks. Sorry some late night assembly on armies of Grandpas has me batty.
[quoted image]

I think that third one from the middle row is mine!

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I think that third one from the middle row is mine!

Nope that’s mine yours is in the back row

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Nope that’s mine yours is in the back row

Lol he had to stay for detention as he brought a Playghoul to class.

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Could be a bug in the code but, but the output from your power supply may also be slightly low. This has been a problem with Spike on and off since it's sensitive to voltage drops. Usually these resets happen when a lot is going on in a multiball (like Midnight Madness). Put a multimeter on the output leads on the power supply (not the power distribution board) and see if it reads at or slightly above 48v output (48.1, 48.2). If it's even 47.9, use the pot to turn it up a smidge to get it to 48v or 48.1v.
I've played Munsters Midnight Madness (killer mode, probably the best intro to a MM ever done) a number of times and never had it reset, so it sounds like it may be the voltage issue on yours.

Thanks, this is my first spike game and I haven't really been keeping up with issues with them.

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Here are a few photos showing what I have done to improve the ball track/plunge as I described earlier. There is a small area where the ball was making contact on the underside of the wireform, I'm pointing to it in the photo. You can see the clear plastic film I applied to the wood at the kickout location, and how I filed the leading edges of the metal transition ramp as the metal had some burrs left from the manufacturing/stamping process which might have been causing the ball to jump upward a bit. Also there were two sets of holes drilled to secure that transition ramp, one set must have been wrong for some reason I'm guessing. I used a 45 degree deburr and chamfered the holes just a tad to remove the wood that had been displaced and raised upward resulting from the screw installation just to insure the metal ramp would make good contact with the wood when reinstalled. All this work did help some but still needs a bit more fine tunning IMO.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you further explain what your fix was? On the wire ramp the area you filed (which was coated) is on the outside of the ball travel. Also, are you certain the shooter lane fork was the issue as my guess is the diameter of the ball touching the side rail would keep it from reaching that low or that edge. Trying to understand what solved your issues.

#507 5 years ago

One more interesting tid bit. Look real close at how the metal transition ramp mates to the wood, doesn't it look a bit off center in the close up photo. It should be centered perfectly IMO. I may re-mount it so that it is exactly centered and see if the cures the last little issue causing the ball to kick left a tad.

#508 5 years ago

I did not file the wireform, I added one more washer between the mount surface and the wireform to raise it upward a bit to provide more ball clearance when the wireform was reinstalled. I used a file on the leading edge of the metal ramp to remove the sharp edge and make a smooth transition. But I think the fact that the metal ramp is a rad off center on my game might be my issue. The installation of that metal transition ramp is something that can and will vary game by game depending on how skilled the technician is or if he/she is even paying close attention to that when they position that part and drill the mounting holes.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I did not file the wireform, I added one more washer between the mount surface and the wireform to raise it upward a bit to provide more ball clearance when the wireform was reinstalled. I used a file on the leading edge of the metal ramp to remove the sharp edge and make a smooth transition. But I think the fact that the metal ramp is a rad off center on my game might be my issue. The installation of that metal transition ramp is something that can and will vary game by game depending on how skilled the technician is or if he/she is even paying close attention to that when they position that part and drill the mounting holes.

That makes sense. Looking at your photo the fork shooter lane is clearly off center which Would toss the ball to one side on exit. Not sure the filing was needed. Question. Did you Add that stainless rail protector to the right side of the ball switch in the shooter lane or was that factory? On my last Stern game I added the shooter lane cliffy like that and the ball clipped the edge of that bracket every time had to remove it. Good luck you'll get it!

#510 5 years ago

The rail protector was a factory install, and funny you mention about the ball clipping the edge as that was another area I considered to be a possible cause at initial ball plunge. Going to re-center the ramp first, then move to that rail protector if that doesn't solve it. Thanks yelobird!

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The rail protector was a factory install, and funny you mention about the ball clipping the edge as that was another area I considered to be a possible cause at initial ball plunge. Going to re-center the ramp first, then move to that rail protector if that doesn't solve it. Thanks yelobird!

Strongly suggest using your phone and take a Slo-Mo video of the shooter action. I suspect you will see your issue in slow motion then attack it with tools.

#512 5 years ago

Yelobird you and I think alike as I used my Gopro set to 60 frames a second and took a few videos last night. Haven't downloaded the video yet and run it though my editing program to slow the motion down but will do that after recentering the ramp and testing it out first. Either way it should prove to be beneficial. I also contacted Stern as well to make them aware of the wireform ball contact, and the ramp being off center so they can address this in their production meetings. Thanks again!

#513 5 years ago

Ok, these are made in Chicagoland, yet as far as I know, there is not one in a public location here in Illinois yet!!!!!! Someone please tell me I'm wrong and where it is available to play.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Ok, these are made in Chicagoland, yet as far as I know, there is not one in a public location here in Illinois yet!!!!!! Someone please tell me I'm wrong and where it is available to play.

Just stop over by Stern with your wallet in your hand and you can play all day! lol I believe Mike at GAP has one on his floor if you want to give him a visit.

#515 5 years ago

Hi all,
someone has the link to see the video where dwight explained the rules of the games ?

I dont find it...

thanks a lot !!

Yannick

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
someone has the link to see the video where dwight explained the rules of the games ?
I dont find it...
thanks a lot !!
Yannick

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I believe Mike at GAP has one on his floor if you want to give him a visit.

He does indeed have one on the floor. And I believe he has Pro's in stock that weren't pre-sold. The shop is closed on Mon and Tues though.

#518 5 years ago

If you have this pin you already know u cant see spot I changed that today

95D5EAD8-D09A-4F68-85C7-5ACAA0598AE1 (resized).png95D5EAD8-D09A-4F68-85C7-5ACAA0598AE1 (resized).png
#519 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

If you have this pin you already know u cant see spot I changed that today
[quoted image]

SWEET!!! I just can't wait for this thing ( but of course, I have to)....just a bit longer hopefully

#520 5 years ago

Agreed, it’s so tough being patient.
My distributor here in Toronto emailed me that Pros are arriving in their showroom this week; with unfortunately no new update yet on LEs.

#521 5 years ago

Isn't there a flasher in spot that isn't enabled yet in the code?

#522 5 years ago

Just watched again....I get how some don't dig mini or lower pf, but man does this one look amazing!!! Think it's going to be hard as hell just navigating 2 sets of flipper buttons!!!!

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Isn't there a flasher in spot that isn't enabled yet in the code?

You can test it in flasher test mode only at this point.

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You can test it in flasher test mode only at this point.

Huh... wonder why its not coded yet...

#525 5 years ago

I talked to John last night and he has informed Dwight about the flasher not working in the Pro, in the Prem/LE it works fine.

#526 5 years ago

Had a chance to play the Pro on Saturday at Pins Mechanical in Columbus. I really wish the volume was turned up, as I could not hear any of the sounds with the bar noise. However, the game was super fun to play. Only 50 cents per play, and I came home with quarters still in my pocket. The grandpa scoop is a bit shallow and rejects fast balls that aren't right on the money. That Borg bounce on the left to the left outlane is a bit frustrating. Other than that, the flow was awesome. I love the shot to the right of Herman and Spot is a fun little gimmick as well. I felt as if I could speed through the animations by hitting both flipper buttons, maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed that way. Should have had less beer and more time on the machine, but I definitely got a good taste of what to expect...and I like it. Hopefully getting mine in the next couple weeks. Come on, Stern. Send more Pros to Trent ASAP.

Mun1 (resized).jpgMun1 (resized).jpgMun2 (resized).jpgMun2 (resized).jpg

#527 5 years ago

I like the little shelf/table between the pins in the above pics at Pins Mechanical in Columbus. Cool idea. Cuts down on being able to shove the pins pretty tight against each other for maximum pin density, but if you have the room, it's a pretty cool idea.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Huh... wonder why its not coded yet...

Yep, sounds simple and should have been in the latest update. Is the light already installed there?

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Yep, sounds simple and should have been in the latest update. Is the light already installed there?

Yes it's installed and you can see it work in test mode. It's working fine in the Prem/LE so code wise it's overlooked in the Pro. Stern knows about it so it will probably be fixed in the next code update.

#530 5 years ago

OK everyone, I just feel the need to put out a statement on this game. THE MORE I PLAY IT THE MORE I LIKE IT. I have choices when it comes to playing pinball with my small home collection, but since adding this game its the only game (out of 4 others) I have been playing since setting it up over the past five days now. Sure it's new and that's part of why its getting all the play right now, but it's more than just a new addition, it's just down right fun. The quotes and various snippets during play are really great, it is a very 'Entertaining Game' to play and that really adds to the overall experience. Push the play button and don't plunge the ball, let the game poke fun at you for a minute ot two, even doing nothing is an entertaining aspect of this game. The call outs during game play are funny and mock you if you drain quickly. I think the Stern team got it right with this game and perhaps one of those objectives was to bring new people into the world of pinball with this game. Sure I will start playing my other games again real soon, but even when I do I can see myself always including a few games of Munster's in the mix just because it's a lot of fun!

#531 5 years ago

All setup

B1D02A2D-E492-4095-A5DF-88DE67B1DAB5 (resized).jpegB1D02A2D-E492-4095-A5DF-88DE67B1DAB5 (resized).jpeg
#533 5 years ago

Seems like more and more players are enjoying the game because for lack of a better word, it’s just FUN.

They’re not counting the number of coils the pin has- (for those that drained the hype thread, the lack of coils is the new topic at hand now that the naysayers are done bashing the simple code, large target banks and ofcourse that Stern is ‘cheapening’ out again).
Man, it’s like there’s an incessant need to bash this pin or Stern as a whole.

Yep, I know I’m repeating myself, but isn’t it more satisfying to look for the positives rather than the negatives?

This has become another one of those polarizing releases, not unlike a number of previous Stern titles. Rinse and repeat.

Anyway, congrats to those who have received their game, have fun!

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Seems like more and more players are enjoying the game because for lack of a better word, it’s just FUN.
They’re not counting the number of coils the pin has- (for those that drained the hype thread, the lack of coils is the new topic at hand now that the naysayers are done bashing the simple code, large target banks and ofcourse that Stern is ‘cheapening’ out again).
Man, it’s like there’s an incessant need to bash this pin or Stern as a whole.
Yep, I know I’m repeating myself, but isn’t it more satisfying to look for the positives rather than the negatives?
This has become another one of those polarizing releases, not unlike a number of previous Stern titles. Rinse and repeat.
Anyway, congrats to those who have received their game, have fun!

Actually, there are quite a few on here that enjoy pointing out the negative rather than the positive (regardless if it's actually true or not). A sort of self-justification, and can be both sad and extremely annoying at times. This will not change or diminish (as previously mentioned) until there is the "next".

Ignore it (hard at times), play, and buy what you like. I put my head on my own pillow, and never lose a wink over repetitive garbage that's posted in some of these threads. Don't let it bug you....

#535 5 years ago

Sneak peek of what arrived today at about 5PM,moving it into house now !!

20190205_164725.jpg20190205_164725.jpg20190205_192546.jpg20190205_192546.jpg
#536 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Sneak peek of what arrived today at about 5PM,moving it into house now !!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!! 1 day closer to my LE....way excited to see all these Pro unboxings and positive reviews..Munstermania!!!!

#537 5 years ago

“nevermore”

Arrived today. Thanks to The Mod Couple for making me a special black/white custom version for my upcoming Munsters Premium. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

C9BE1847-988C-4BD4-AA35-04DE3D5D87F8 (resized).jpegC9BE1847-988C-4BD4-AA35-04DE3D5D87F8 (resized).jpeg

#538 5 years ago

My game arrived yesterday. Pretty much perfect out of the box except for the zap button. Didn’t work, simple adjustment needed. My Deadpool had the exact same issue.

#539 5 years ago

Can’t wait to see the YouTube video of your review/unboxing Chris.

#540 5 years ago

If you haven’t played midnight madness yet it is fantastic. Took me by surprise. I never set my clock right ha ha!

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

If you haven’t played midnight madness yet it is fantastic. Took me by surprise. I never set my clock right ha ha!

Might have been a good thing as your up till midnight so often lol.

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Might have been a good thing as your up till midnight so often lol.

Ha ha I would never see it! This one may have been worth the late night though! Can’t wait for you to see it. Part of my enjoyment though was it was so unexpected

#543 5 years ago

Ha ha I would never see it! This one may have been worth the late night though! Can’t wait for you to see it. Part of my enjoyment though was it was so unexpected

I had never heard of midnight madness mode and then it hit one night when I was playing my Congo. The machine went dark and all the balls drained. My immediate reaction was hotter that one of the boards fried. Then the machine started pulsing and then shot all the balls up and the mode started. My mood went from grief over a broken machine to what the heck is happening. It was a blast and the surprise made it more fun. Lol

#544 5 years ago

The best intro to midnight madness ever. Really enjoyed it and the mode.

#545 5 years ago

I finally remembered to play at midnight. I started a game about 11:59 and nothing happened and I know my clock is set correct.is there something I have to be doing to get it to work other than be playing a game at midnight?

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I finally remembered to play at midnight. I started a game about 11:59 and nothing happened and I know my clock is set correct.is there something I have to be doing to get it to work other than be playing a game at midnight?

Clock set to 11:59 AM or PM? Maybe your clock is off by 12 hours.

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Clock set to 11:59 AM or PM? Maybe your clock is off by 12 hours.

That or are you in the old code? Has to be .91

#548 5 years ago

Got some awesome mods in from The Mod Couple today!!!! Check them out

#549 5 years ago

I have latest code and clock is set correctly.I'll try again tonight.doing need to be in the middle of a game for it to work?

#550 5 years ago

That or are you in the old code? Has to be .91

Ah, right. Midnight Madness wasn't added until .91. I've been 'boned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/11?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.