IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 237.
#5901 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sadly our clock does not work. Issue is wheel does not turn all the way around. It binds up and we can hear the motor is still trying to turn. We are going to let our distro know tomorrow.

Why on earth did this post get a downvote?

#5902 4 years ago

As a Stern fan and Munsters owner I would not accept this level quality.

Send those toppers back to distributor and get a credit. Have them send back to Stern.

Stern will hopefully pay attention when distributors kick and scream about being out money. Then Stern might invest some real money to figure this out.

(This is the main reason the new JP playfield happened - over 50 plus people cancelled orders - it hurt distros and they got angry aggressive with Stern).

#5903 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

I replaced the stock cabinet speaker with a JBL Stage 810 4Ohm subwoofer for that extra oooompf. What a difference! If you cancel the super jackpot the whole machine rumbles.
Using it for 3 months now, was reluctant on announcing it here as I was uncertain about the stress it would add to the amplifier on the Spike2 board. Using it on both my The Munsters as my Guardians of the Galaxy and so far it holds up great (250 plays on TM and 200 on GOTG) so I can securely assume this is a mod you can safely execute.[quoted image]

Is this the sub you bought?

JBL Stage 810 8" 200-Watt Subwoofer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLN3VJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zIoIDbFGD7890

#5904 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Stop caring about downvotes. They don't mean the post was reported or inflammatory or anything. Maybe it was a thumbs down because it wasn't working still? Maybe it was a misclick? Who cares?!? (Hopefully no one )

#5905 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is this the sub you bought?
JBL Stage 810 8" 200-Watt Subwoofer amazon.com link »

That's the one

#5906 4 years ago

That's the one

#5907 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Stern needs to hire you. Shame they have to let a customer figure out how to fix their products. And thanks so much for the help over the weekend with my lower playfield window. You are the best of Pinside!

Nah, I just get OCD about certain things and won't let them go if I think it can be addressed. Ask the guys in the BM66 thread w my wireform ramp... .

I'm far, far from the best at anything, but like to help when I can....

Side - Votes (down/ up) are simply meant to state if you agree or disagree w the post. While the one you are referring to had no logical reason to be down-voted, it could very well be due to the frustration of product.....who knows, and no one really cares. When they stack up there's generally a reason, and usually pretty obvious.

#5908 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Unfortunately not everyone is on Pinside to help each other and make the hobby more enjoyable.

#5909 4 years ago

A friend arrived for my Munsters a few weeks back. It's a Steve Ritchie classic and we are having a ton of fun with it as well. I can only imagine what some people around here would think of a home arcade with this lineup. Must be so boring to some people. Shockingly, I want to fill out my wall with an EM machine like Capt. Fantastic. Munsters will be my deepest machine by far lol.

IMG_20190921_112834817 (resized).jpgIMG_20190921_112834817 (resized).jpg
#5910 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

A friend arrived for my Munsters a few weeks back. It's a Steve Ritchie classic and we are having a ton of fun with it as well. I can only imagine what some people around here would think of a home arcade with this lineup. Must be so boring to some people. Shockingly, I want to fill out my wall with an EM machine like Capt. Fantastic. Munsters will be my deepest machine by far lol.[quoted image]

F14 is a perfect example of a brutal yet shallow game that is a blast to play. Sits well with Munsters.

#5911 4 years ago

A friend arrived for my Munsters a few weeks back. It's a Steve Ritchie classic and we are having a ton of fun with it as well. I can only imagine what some people around here would think of a home arcade with this lineup. Must be so boring to some people. Shockingly, I want to fill out my wall with an EM machine like Capt. Fantastic. Munsters will be my deepest machine by far lol.[quoted image]

We have a F-14 and love it! Did LED's, and powder coated legs, lock bar, and side rails red, and did the wireform ramps in red, white, and blue. Also new playfield. 2nd one we've had.

#5912 4 years ago
20190330_151009 (resized).jpg20190330_151009 (resized).jpg20190402_152504 (resized).jpg20190402_152504 (resized).jpg
#5913 4 years ago

I have all 3 of those and people love my collection

#5914 4 years ago

Obviously love our Munsters as well.

#5915 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the decal, that's a very nice touch. Personally I am not fond of powdercoated legs and lockbar. This machine is no exception to that but I love the effort some people take to personalize their machine. Great job on that one, it is nicely executed.

#5916 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

I replaced the stock cabinet speaker with a JBL Stage 810 4Ohm subwoofer for that extra oooompf. What a difference! If you cancel the super jackpot the whole machine rumbles.
Using it for 3 months now, was reluctant on announcing it here as I was uncertain about the stress it would add to the amplifier on the Spike2 board. Using it on both my The Munsters as my Guardians of the Galaxy and so far it holds up great (250 plays on TM and 200 on GOTG) so I can securely assume this is a mod you can safely execute.[quoted image]

What’s the ohm rating on the stock sub?

#5917 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What’s the ohm rating on the stock sub?

4 Ohm. Replacement also 4 Ohm.
I removed the sub from the munsters and placed it in my GOTG when it arrived and the whole sound cut "dead" from TM. So dead that I didn't play it anymore until my new sub arrived for TM. Now it is alive again.

Easy 50 dollar upgrade that will give a nice addition to your game. It is not earth shaking but really gives that extra ooompf this machine misses.

#5918 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Quoted from HarrieD:

[original is ]4 Ohm. Replacement also 4 Ohm.

If both are the same resistance there should be absolutely no concern of the new JBL sub overtaxing the Spike2 amplifier board. Sounds like a great upgrade! Ha!

#5919 4 years ago

Did anyone else receive a plastic ramp fix for the right lower mini ramp, where the ball skips the opto 75% of t he time?
Just wondering what yours looked like.

#5920 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Did anyone else receive a plastic ramp fix for the right lower mini ramp, where the ball skips the opto 75% of t he time?

Stern has a roof you can get I believe. Thought they started putting them on all new games.

#5921 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern has a roof you can get I believe. Thought they started putting them on all new games.

Chas said it was in works 1 month ago, but wasn’t sure. Are they shipping with new machines? Can someone post a picture?

#5922 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

If both are the same resistance there should be absolutely no concern of the new JBL sub overtaxing the Spike2 amplifier board. Sounds like a great upgrade! Ha!

Like a upgrade sounds great

#5923 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Stop caring about downvotes. They don't mean the post was reported or inflammatory or anything. Maybe it was a thumbs down because it wasn't working still? Maybe it was a misclick? Who cares?!? (Hopefully no one )

I don’t care really, especially some of the people that use them. It just seems so pointless to downvote someone who is just reporting a fact without comment. I see that often and it’s weird. But that’s just me.

#5924 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Pinball Life has one for like $5.95. I just bought one waiting for delivery

#5925 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Chas said it was in works 1 month ago, but wasn’t sure. Are they shipping with new machines? Can someone post a picture?

Didn’t ship with my Premium which arrived last week.

I bought one but haven’t put it on yet. I’ll take a picture.

I’ll tell ya what I do have though...

Washers around my post... and playfield pooling.

Less than 50 plays.

30028CE7-44B2-4020-91E5-24AE19472B77 (resized).jpeg30028CE7-44B2-4020-91E5-24AE19472B77 (resized).jpeg416E7C30-AA6B-45BD-8680-9651630868B6 (resized).jpeg416E7C30-AA6B-45BD-8680-9651630868B6 (resized).jpeg484CDF79-D8B5-4CBE-89F1-1944E2D8F22A (resized).jpeg484CDF79-D8B5-4CBE-89F1-1944E2D8F22A (resized).jpeg9B2C3C74-B45B-48C0-9420-82C30A645690 (resized).jpeg9B2C3C74-B45B-48C0-9420-82C30A645690 (resized).jpeg
#5926 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

This is what the fix looks like.

Screenshot_20190924-080538_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190924-080538_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190924-080552_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190924-080552_Gallery (resized).jpg
#5927 4 years ago

Heads up, I’d expected the ramp boxer to be completely clear. It’s a bit frosted.

#5928 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Heads up, I’d expected the ramp boxer to be completely clear. It’s a bit frosted.

Most clear plastics
ship with film on them to prevent scratches it may be that there is a film on it.

#5929 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Its clear....I have one

#5930 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Most clear plastics
ship with film on them to prevent scratches it may be that there is a film on it.

Mine appeared frosted till I removed the protective wrap off front and back, then became clear.

#5931 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Didn’t ship with my Premium which arrived last week.
I bought one but haven’t put it on yet. I’ll take a picture.
I’ll tell ya what I do have though...
Washers around my post... and playfield pooling.
Less than 50 plays.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is crazy!!!! Took a high power led light to mine to inspect. No washers or pooling/ cracking, etc. How can this be so random?

#5932 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That is crazy!!!! Took a high power led light to mine to inspect. No washers or pooling/ cracking, etc. How can this be so random?

It's not random, it's pretty much the norm on all the recent Stern games. Consider yourself very lucky.

#5933 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's not random, it's pretty much the norm on all the recent Stern games. Consider yourself very lucky.

Did the scratch test and everything....pisses me off it's this widespread....guess my statement in another thread that I was out on NIB for awhile, and cancelled my JJP POTCCE and WonkaCE were good choices. I've made some very bad ones prior, btw (fell for a scam hook line and sinker)...but that's a story for another thread, another time....

#5934 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did the scratch test and everything....pisses me off it's this widespread....guess my statement in another thread that I was out on NIB for awhile, and cancelled my JJP POTCCE and WonkaCE were good choices. I've made some very bad ones prior, btw (fell for a scam hook line and sinker)...but that's a story for another thread, another time....

That was two of the best decisions you ever made I guarantee it. I'm in no hurry to buy another game. May never get another one if they dont take care of my issues that I have now.

#5935 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That was two of the best decisions you ever made I guarantee it. I'm in no hurry to buy another game. May never get another one if they dont take care of my issues that I have now.

Don’t like hearing you have issues with your PFs (think Stern will take care of you), but I don’t think this is a widespread issue as some suggest. Also don’t believe Mark and I are the lucky few. Know many friends that have zero issues with their Stern NIB PFs, including me. I’ve purchased 5 Stern NIB over the last year and no PF issues. I have a JPLE on the way and confident it will not have any issues, from all the reports I’ve heard and the fact that Stern remade all the JP PFs with no art around any post and a thinner clear coat. Hoping it all stays this way, but think it will. I’m also a big believer in using playfield protectors. I didn’t on my first 2 NIB, but have since started using them and my PFs look brand new. Also, have not noticed with the new PFs out of Germany any difference in play, over not using one. The new very thin Vivek material is quite good.

“The Next Generation Playfield Protector is made of Vivak (PET-G), which allows us to reduce thickness and improve the edges by using CNC lasers instead of CNC molding cutters. The new surface is now even more transparent while still being glossy.”

Have ordered and installed on every machine now, with great success. The old PF protectors affected game play, clouded or created a swarf, and were too thick. The newly created ones, work extremely well and keep my PFs looking brand new. They look just like another clear coat layer. Some will shoot down PF protectors and I would normally agree, but the new one’s coming out of Germany are better now. Don’t know why everyone doesn’t use these to protect their machines most important asset, the PF. Don’t know why Stern just doesn’t install them on all their machines. Would cut the issues PFs have to zero, but maybe they don’t want to have a bunch of new looking HUO machines for people to on-sell to the second hand market. Lol

#5936 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t like hearing you have issues with your PFs (think Stern will take care of you), but I don’t think this is a widespread issue as some suggest. Also don’t believe Mark and I are the lucky few. Know many friends that have zero issues with their Stern NIB PFs, including me. I’ve purchased 5 Stern NIB over the last year and no PF issues. I have a JPLE on the way and confident it will not have any issues, from all the reports I’ve heard and the fact that Stern remade all the JP PFs with no art around any post and a thinner clear coat. Hoping it all stays this way, but think it will. I’m also a big believer in using playfield protectors. I didn’t on my first 2 NIB, but have since started using them and my PFs look brand new. Also, have not noticed with the new PFs out of Germany any difference in play, over not using one. The new very thin Vivek material is quite good.
“The Next Generation Playfield Protector is made of Vivak (PET-G), which allows us to reduce thickness and improve the edges by using CNC lasers instead of CNC molding cutters. The new surface is now even more transparent while still being glossy.”
Have ordered and installed on every machine now, with great success. The old PF protectors affected game play, clouded or created a swarf, and were too thick. The newly created ones, work extremely well and keep my PFs looking brand new. They look just like another clear coat layer. Some will shoot down PF protectors and I would normally agree, but the new one’s coming out of Germany are better now. Don’t know why everyone doesn’t use these to protect their machines most important asset, the PF. Don’t know why Stern just doesn’t install them on all their machines. Would cut the issues PFs have to zero, but maybe they don’t want to have a bunch of new looking HUO machines for people to on-sell to the second hand market. Lol

A playfield protector is good for protecting the playfield but won’t stop pooling or chipping.

#5937 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A playfield protector is good for protecting the playfield but won’t stop pooling or chipping.

Right. It wouldn't have done shit for the blistering and chipping on my Luci VE.

#5938 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agreed. Only thing to stop that appears to be: no artwork under any post and a thinner clear coat. Pressure points above cause printed layers to slide on wood and thicker clear coats to pool at those pressure points, because all the different chemical compounds combined over wood, do not properly adhere to each other.

#5939 4 years ago

I don't have any pooling or chipping in my pro (knock on wood). I have well over 1k plays on it. Only real issue are the dimples that no one is supposed to talk about. Looks like the moon lol.

I put a playfield protector direct from Germany (like 3 day shipping was amazing) on my f-14 and so far it plays like it is really waxed up. Lots of extra spin on the ball but I imagine brand new mylar or a freshly waxed machine would act the same. I just waxed my Munsters and it took a night to get used to how different and fast it was playing.

#5940 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t like hearing you have issues with your PFs (think Stern will take care of you), but I don’t think this is a widespread issue as some suggest. Also don’t believe Mark and I are the lucky few. Know many friends that have zero issues with their Stern NIB PFs, including me. I’ve purchased 5 Stern NIB over the last year and no PF issues. I have a JPLE on the way and confident it will not have any issues, from all the reports I’ve heard and the fact that Stern remade all the JP PFs with no art around any post and a thinner clear coat.

Hmm. 1) No one is defining "widespread" as "everyone except you and your friends." 2) Who cares? Even if it's only 10% that is too high. 3) There is no evidence of anyone hearing back from Stern about playfields being taken care of. Your faith is inspiring though and obviously I hope you are right

#5941 4 years ago

I can confirm that the pooling on mine is only under posts where there is artwork there too.

#5942 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I can confirm that the pooling on mine is only under posts where there is artwork there too.

Same here. Looks like the clear around the rail next to Grandpa scoop is about to crack as well on mine, similar to photos from another Pinsider in this thread.

#5943 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Hmm. 1) No one is defining "widespread" as "everyone except you and your friends." 2) Who cares? Even if it's only 10% that is too high. 3) There is no evidence of anyone hearing back from Stern about playfields being taken care of. Your faith is inspiring though and obviously I hope you are right

I think at the prices we are paying, any bad PF is too high. They should all be near perfect, plain and simple. I only think Stern will fix and make right because they wish to stay in business. Any company that won’t take good care of their customers will soon be gone. Stern has been doing this too many years to not provide solutions to problems. I’m a fan of Apple, because they take care of their customers. Stern and all pinball companies must do the same or lower prices significantly to also lower customers expectations.

#5944 4 years ago

I got out topper going today. Turns out to be an easy fix. I removed the front plastic (4 screws out, tilt from the top down to clear Raven and remove) off the clock and drilled the hole the clock shaft comes through a little bit bigger. Turns out the shaft was binding on the plastic as there was not enough clearance in the hole to account for movement in the shaft.

Also the wires are not tied together properly and as Raven pops in and out it would have eventually worn through the unprotected wires. We cable tied the wires together.

Hopefully this will be your issue as well!

#5945 4 years ago

I got out topper going today. Turns out to be an easy fix. I removed the front plastic (4 screws out, tilt from the top down to clear Raven and remove) off the clock and drilled the hole the clock shaft comes through a little bit bigger. Turns out the shaft was binding on the plastic as there was not enough clearance in the hole to account for movement in the shaft.
Also the wires are not tied together properly and as Raven pops in and out it would have eventually worn through the unprotected wires. We cable tied the wires together.
Hopefully this will be your issue as well!

Great job!!! My pm'ing has been behind ( long, long work days). Sounds like you got it.

Mine was minor ( well had to replace the microswitch as it had been overtightened and was intermittent, and a couple other minor things). No shaft binding and cable management was good on this one.

Excellent to hear ( make sure to pass on to Stern support team) and enjoy!!!

Surely, with a bit more attention to qc, these can reliably start going out.

#5946 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great job!!! My pm'ing has been behind ( long, long work days). Sounds like you got it.
Mine was minor ( well had to replace the microswitch as it had been overtightened and was intermittent, and a couple other minor things). No shaft binding and cable management was good on this one.
Excellent to hear ( make sure to pass on to Stern support team) and enjoy!!!
Surely, with a bit more attention to qc, these can reliably start going out.

All good.

My wife and I are just soldering a wire on a LED (never soldered to begin with) so all the lights work and then we are good to go.

Once it is all working correctly I will email Chaz and let him know. I am not sure Stern are listening, so I posted on Pinside first.

Bit dis-appointing from Stern. All the issues with these things, you would have thought Stern would have tested every Topper before it left the factory. I am getting tired of wasting my own time fixing stuff that should have been sorted before it left the factory. In Australia the topper cost $660.00 and my wife and I had to get it going. Lucky we are on holidays!

#5947 4 years ago

you would have thought Stern would have tested every Topper before it left the factory.

That’s EXACTLY what they said that they were going to do before shipping out the 2nd batch of toppers. This is a joke for real and Stern should be embarrassed.

#5948 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That’s EXACTLY what they said that they were going to do before shipping out the 2nd batch of toppers. This is a joke for real and Stern should be embarrassed.

No way that happened. Ours had a LED wire not soldered at all and the clock did not spin all the way around, it got suck on the plastic clock face. If we had a test bench we would have worked it out in a few minutes. Instead we had to pull a fair bit of it apart to inspect and fit, refit to machine to check.

All good, very happy now, topper is awesome! I love the game.

#5949 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It definitely is an embarrassement for Stern. Also I think they lost a lot of topper orders (me included).

#5950 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

It definitely is an embarrassement for Stern. Also I think they lost a lot of topper orders (me included).

Ours was easy fixed, it just took time. I understand that most people are not capable of this and should not have to do it either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/119?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.