IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 237.
#5851 4 years ago

How many of you guys are like me and thinking that if you get another bad topper that you're just going to say F it and get a refund?

#5852 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A heads up...Raven will startle the crap out of you, as he comes out every hour.
Watching TV last night and almost spilled my bourbon ( would have sucked) as the top of the hour hit. Not a subtle effect at all...
During gameplay, it really is a "toy" imho, as I'm more encouraged to get to jackpots, multiballs, etc. ...Taunts the hell out of you, interacting w your gameplay.
I'll take that over a camera any day...

Help my understanding. Does Raven "chime" on the hour when the pin is in attract mode while you are watching TV? Does Raven chime on the hour when the pin is turned off? Is Raven like an old wind up clock that wakes up at 5 am?

#5853 4 years ago

I am more and more excited to join the club. I finally convinced my wife to get a machine for home and we both settled on The Munsters (I wouldn't have minded a WCS or Flinstones either).

Waiting for the right time and deal to strike. A pro sold on Facebook with under a hundred plays and about $500 in mods for $4,250 the other day. I figured people will be dumping them for Elvira and I can snatch one before a code update! So excited!

#5854 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

I am more and more excited to join the club. I finally convinced my wife to get a machine for home and we both settled on The Munsters (I wouldn't have minded a WCS or Flinstones either).
Waiting for the right time and deal to strike. A pro sold on Facebook with under a hundred plays and about $500 in mods for $4,250 the other day. I figured people will be dumping them for Elvira and I can snatch one before a code update! So excited!

Make sure you like the game play as it is now. Don’t count on a code update. If one happens, consider it a bonus.

#5855 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Help my understanding. Does Raven "chime" on the hour when the pin is in attract mode while you are watching TV? Does Raven chime on the hour when the pin is turned off? Is Raven like an old wind up clock that wakes up at 5 am?

a) Raven and single chime hit at the top of every hour in attract mode.
b) During the game, it's just Raven coming out and giving callouts/ taunting you. Alot, depending where you are in the game. If you get to MM, be prepared for a verbal onslaught. It will not chime or announce the hour during a game.
c) When game is powered off, it's off (think TZ). Once you turn machine on, it will boot, clock will move to appropriate time, and Raven comes out with a chime announcing the closest "prehour" (if you turn the game on @ 10:20 for example, he comes out and says "10 oclock, never more).
d) Settings allow for "off" chimes only" or "clock and chimes". I use the 3rd. "chimes only" may have them go off at top of hour the appropriate # of times....haven'y tried that yet.

very interactive....

#5856 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Make sure you like the game play as it is now. Don’t count on a code update. If one happens, consider it a bonus.

Agreed, and I like mine alot. If they put the code love into some other areas that I now see (and hear) with the topper, this will be sick.

No way this stays as is...just my opinion, however......lots of "good" in there waiting to come out. Stern will not abandon such a beautiful, fun game....

#5857 4 years ago

Yeah, I enjoy mine as well & our family still enjoys the Munster’s experience.

I also feel Borg’s indication (in response to a few of my emails) that more is coming will still occur. Just no idea of time-line.

As such, if you’re a new buyer, I would also agree you shouldn’t purchase it based on a big code drop being imminent.

In my collection, it still gets regular play; and with an Elvira and JP2 on the way, it will be a good complement.

#5858 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

I'd give a premium a whirl as well...just to be sure you're happy w the model you choose.

Someone said it best in this thread " yes game can get old after awhile, but they all do in my opinion"...a very accurate statement, as I don't believe any machine has 24/7/365 staying power. Munsters has been a consistent favorite of guests, and I can play it for several sessions before moving to another (then another)..noticed you mentioned WCS as well....every time I think about getting rid of that one, I sit down and play it, reminding me of how much fun it is.

#5859 4 years ago

Had some work people over last night. All big video game fans and players, but none of them really play pinball aside from barcade outings. Was interesting to sit back and watch them play and then get rankings at the end of the night. Nothing real surprising IMO:

4. Ghostbusters. Last place by a lot. "Way too difficult" and no one wanted to play it more than a few times. I tried turning up the ball save to 15 seconds but it didn't help.
3. Star Wars. "Too complicated." No one understood the mode structure really and it was hard for anyone to make meaningful progress.
2. AFMr. Everyone got their ass totally kicked by this machine but they didn't really know or care. Attacking and blowing up just the first saucer made people feel like they did something awesome. Was cool to see their reactions.
1. Munsters. First place by a lot. This was all we ended up playing as it got later. When this machine starts rocking, it is quite the spectacle. Everyone felt like they understood what to do and while none of them started Munster Madness (lol Spot), everyone had some solid multiball experiences and felt like they were competitive. (I did turn on a 5 second ball save FWIW.)

Not really much of a point and kind of a boring post, but wanted to share. Munsters rocks!

#5860 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

1. Munsters. First place by a lot. This was all we ended up playing as it got later. When this machine starts rocking, it is quite the spectacle. Everyone felt like they understood what to do and while none of them started Munster Madness (lol Spot), everyone had some solid multiball experiences and felt like they were competitive.

I have seen this type of comment a lot. It makes you wonder why the big difference in popularity between home and location play. Game seems to be a very poor route performer but is popular with casual players in a home setting.

#5861 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have seen this type of comment a lot. It makes you wonder why the big difference in popularity between home and location play. Game seems to be a very poor route performer but is popular with casual players in a home setting.

Players age maybe, seems younger crowds gather to arcades and bars, older guys/girls join clubs or leagues that have meets and have friends with machines in the home.

#5862 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It was getting played almost non stop at Modern Pinball, NYC, when I was there a few weeks ago. Op stated TAF was the most played however.

This title easily ranks as the most despised on Pinside ( for some reason) , yet very well liked otherwise ( outside).

I got it w BM66, as there was barely any code for almost a year, yet truthfully don't get the negativity towards this pin on here ( and frankly tuned that noise out some time ago).

Understand the unitarget beef, but the game is a lot of fun to play ... It's just different. We wanted different, Stern steps up w a beautiful game, very fast and brutal, kick ass lower play field ( multi ball), and mostly bug free code.

A lot missing out , just my opinion ( the one that matters most to me when I'm spending money).

#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stern will not abandon such a beautiful, fun game....

This is the key for all the code doubters to let sink in. Stern has never nor will ever abandon an evergreen property like the Munsters, which they will be selling for the next 3+ years, to an abandoned state. Plenty of Stern history confirms otherwise. Regardless what Dwight says publicly. He makes those kind of statements to keep people off his back. He’s carried GB and GOT on his back, because code update announcements were prematurely made way before they had the time to devote to both machines.

#5864 4 years ago

I’m interested in a Topper- Have the issues been resolved yet?

A few places have it in stock, are Stern going to fix it or just stop producing it?

#5865 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is the key for all the code doubters to let sink in. Stern has never nor will ever abandon an evergreen property like the Munsters, which they will be selling for the next 3+ years, to an abandoned state. Plenty of Stern history confirms otherwise. Regardless what Dwight says publicly. He makes those kind of statements to keep people off his back. He’s carried GB and GOT on his back, because code update announcements were prematurely made way before they had the time to devote to both machines.

Still updating Batman 66...new update coming....

#5866 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I’m interested in a Topper- Have the issues been resolved yet?
A few places have it in stock, are Stern going to fix it or just stop producing it?

Fixing them, and definitely want these out. The problems w the second run were very minor in comparison to the first. The thing has a lot going on...They rushed them out. If I had (4x) Stern engineers in an ongoing thread to receive input regarding the issues, they definitely are not abandoning it.

You will want one...

#5867 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Fixing them, and definitely want these out. The problems w the second run were very minor in comparison to the first. The thing has a lot going on...They rushed them out. If I had (4x) Stern engineers in an ongoing thread to receive input regarding the issues, they definitely are not abandoning it.
You will want one...

So order now.....or wait a bit...??

#5868 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Wait, unless you like shipping back and forth.

#5869 4 years ago

Questions for anyone with a working topper.

What does the hour hand do when the game is turned on.

Does the hane line up with the numerals or is it slightly off.

Does the hand move or do anything after a game.

Thanks

#5870 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Wait until they are available on the Stern site again. If there's one for sale right now, I'd be concerned it's not the latest, fully tested version.

There's apparently a backorder situation as the bad ones (previously sold) have to be swapped out. By the time it's back on the site, you'll know you've got a good one. Just my take....

#5871 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Questions for anyone with a working topper.
What does the hour hand do when the game is turned on.
Does the hane line up with the numerals or is it slightly off.
Does the hand move or do anything after a game.
Thanks

Spins to the closest hour.
Doesn't line up exactly currently, but close ( convinced they can fine-tune a bit, hence my optimism for a code drop at some point)
Hand keeps time (approx.) while powered on

#5872 4 years ago

Topper for Munsters = ketchup on a turd burger

where’s the code?

#5873 4 years ago

Personally, I would be shocked if they actually NEVER update the code on Munsters but I understand if stern doesn’t announce it. It will turn into a ghostbusters where they are harassed on any code update they release.

I’m happy with Munsters now and will be happy with the code update

#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It’s not. My topper came from the new batch that was supposedly tested and verified.

Don’t do it. Waited months and mine came in pieces

#5875 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Topper for Munsters = ketchup on a turd burger
where’s the code?

Trolling for downvotes in a club thread? Why do you have to be such an asshole?

#5876 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Trolling for downvotes in a club thread? Why do you have to be such an asshole?

Some people are just that way...

#5877 4 years ago

Those of you with little imagination don’t seem to understand what a whopping screw up Munsters is. It’s not about lack of deep or complicated code. It’s about boring modes and game-play, lack of assets and complete lack of ideas in the code. And lack of humor and fun. I own an LE and refuse to play it until they fix this. It reminds me of Stern’s Indiana Jones. All my emails were cordial and received no answers. I’ve only purchased 15 new Sterns over the years. F.. me right?

#5878 4 years ago

So my lower play field on my premium was filthy. Decided to take it off and see what it was. Seems to me that it was grease or oil off the balls. Cleaned it all up and the play field and balls. See how it goes and whether it keeps doing it or not.

Also replaced the flippers cause I reckon the white looked weird. Would have liked a grey similar to the play field, but I reckon the black with white rubbers goes well.
E4FA906F-7A16-4DA7-869A-24833B763986 (resized).jpegE4FA906F-7A16-4DA7-869A-24833B763986 (resized).jpeg353D9890-5DFC-4B86-A90C-B93DBB1801AC (resized).jpeg353D9890-5DFC-4B86-A90C-B93DBB1801AC (resized).jpegCA1E98C5-2AB1-450E-BFF2-FC872A1C0225 (resized).jpegCA1E98C5-2AB1-450E-BFF2-FC872A1C0225 (resized).jpeg

#5879 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's truly a fun/ interactive topper, and mine has been working with zero issues on a nightly basis (after my last teardown/ reassembly). The Stern engineers thanked me, and said they would definitely address the issues I had found.....hope yours works great!!!!!

Sadly our clock does not work. Issue is wheel does not turn all the way around. It binds up and we can hear the motor is still trying to turn. We are going to let our distro know tomorrow.

#5880 4 years ago

Just wow, had more people over and hands down they love Munsters. Yes, for us in the know, we want more show theme integration material just like Batman received, but it is energizing fun as it is, just needs some more to keep it a fresh HUO. When Stern does that, it will go down as a top five machine, imo.

People love how full of toys it appears to have; with full lower table playfield and great game flow. John out did himself on how this pin plays.

Looking forward to the topper integration as well. Have ordered mine and I normally don’t like toppers, because they do nothing except light up a little. Munsters topper is a new level of fun game integration. This is the first topper I’ve ever purchased for any game.

#5881 4 years ago

Haven't checked in on this thread for quite a long time. Almost a couple months ! Don't know how that happened. Maybe because I was busy this summer helping my son on fixing up a house he bought. I mean real busy. I spent a lot of time there. Cool old house in a Historic district. Tons of work was done.

Anyway I see the topper came out and sorry to hear that there seems to be repeated issues with those. I don't have enough ceiling height for toppers so it's all topless in my basement. Hope those that bought toppers get their issues resolved or get refunds, etc.

Munsters is one of the best games out there. People that are codefesters might complain, but I think even then it's from people that down own the game or have no intention of owning one or owning any newer games in general.

All my guests, league friends etc all enjoy Munsters very much. Great game to own. One of the top choices on my list.

#5882 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Had some work people over last night. All big video game fans and players, but none of them really play pinball aside from barcade outings. Was interesting to sit back and watch them play and then get rankings at the end of the night. Nothing real surprising IMO:
4. Ghostbusters. Last place by a lot. "Way too difficult" and no one wanted to play it more than a few times. I tried turning up the ball save to 15 seconds but it didn't help.
3. Star Wars. "Too complicated." No one understood the mode structure really and it was hard for anyone to make meaningful progress.
2. AFMr. Everyone got their ass totally kicked by this machine but they didn't really know or care. Attacking and blowing up just the first saucer made people feel like they did something awesome. Was cool to see their reactions.
1. Munsters. First place by a lot. This was all we ended up playing as it got later. When this machine starts rocking, it is quite the spectacle. Everyone felt like they understood what to do and while none of them started Munster Madness (lol Spot), everyone had some solid multiball experiences and felt like they were competitive. (I did turn on a 5 second ball save FWIW.)
Not really much of a point and kind of a boring post, but wanted to share. Munsters rocks!

Anytime people come to my house and play, Munsters is a big hit. Some of these guys are people who arent into pinball but when I have my friends over that are pinheads it is still well liked and played all night. If I have 10-12 pinheads over my top 2 played games will be IMDN and Munsters. Nobody is twisting their arms to play it, they just seem to like it and why wouldnt they, it's fun as shit!

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sadly our clock does not work. Issue is wheel does not turn all the way around. It binds up and we can hear the motor is still trying to turn. We are going to let our distro know tomorrow.

Drats. Out of curiosity, when you turn the game on, does it go to the proper time? Does the house hand move about 1 hour when you push the right flipper button? With continued pushes, will it go all the way around?

Wonder if these are somehow getting jarred in shipment or something.

I wouldn't take it apart...Surely this will get resolved...

#5884 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nobody is twisting their arms to play it, they just seem to like it and why wouldnt they, it's fun as shit!

I guess all the people that like it " lack imagination" lol. Played mine a bunch again last night...Total blast!!!

Going to slow my roll on topper talk for awhile...mine works, and majorly elevates the fun factor, but know many are still having troubles, so rather not bring it up much.

I hope everyone that wants one gets a working version VERY soon...

#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Those of you with little imagination don’t seem to understand what a whopping screw up Munsters is. It’s not about lack of deep or complicated code. It’s about boring modes and game-play, lack of assets and complete lack of ideas in the code. And lack of humor and fun. I own an LE and refuse to play it until they fix this. It reminds me of Stern’s Indiana Jones. All my emails were cordial and received no answers. I’ve only purchased 15 new Sterns over the years. F.. me right?

Refuse to play....a $8k purchase.... LOL!!!

#5886 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Refuse to play....a $8k purchase.... LOL!!!

I just want to make sure I understand you correctly - you’re stating that those of us who enjoy this machine have no imagination? So only stupid people can enjoy this machine? Thank you so much for your contribution to our discussion. I didn’t realize I was stupid but thank you for letting me know. I’ll make the necessary adjustments in my life.

#5887 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I just want to make sure I understand you correctly - you’re stating that those of us who enjoy this machine have no imagination? So only stupid people can enjoy this machine? Thank you so much for your contribution to our discussion. I didn’t realize I was stupid but thank you for letting me know. I’ll make the necessary adjustments in my life.

Looks like he gone...for a while...

This post was moderated 8 hours ago: General forum rule violation A temporary (14 days) thread eject was issued.

#5888 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Looks like he gone...for a while...
This post was moderated 8 hours ago: General forum rule violation A temporary (14 days) thread eject was issued.

Sorry bro meant to link to his post. I think you knew that though. Why do people do that?

#5889 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Sorry bro meant to link to his post. I think you knew that though. Why do people do that?

Yea I figured...

#5890 4 years ago

It’s a great game. All pinball is fun in my opinion!!!! I’ll play anything that flips!!

#5891 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I guess all the people that like it " lack imagination" lol.

Hey maybe they are all just a bunch of dumbasses. I'm always calling them that anyways but maybe it's actually true?

#5892 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

It’s a great game. All pinball is fun in my opinion!!!! I’ll play anything that flips!!

A voice of reason ... couldn't agree more!!!

#5893 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey maybe they are all just a bunch of dumbasses. I'm always calling them that anyways but maybe it's actually true?

Who knows...Ketchup can make a lot of things taste better in my book though...

#5894 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Drats. Out of curiosity, when you turn the game on, does it go to the proper time? Does the house hand move about 1 hour when you push the right flipper button? With continued pushes, will it go all the way around?
Wonder if these are somehow getting jarred in shipment or something.
I wouldn't take it apart...Surely this will get resolved...

When we turned it on, the clock did try to move to the correct hour. Wheel was stuck so I gently moved it by hand until the motor stopped whirring and it stopped at the correct previous hour. We did not try anything else I did not want to destroy it. I had a quick look inside and I am confident I can get it working. If we help the wheel the dial will go all the way around

#5895 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

When we turned it on, the clock did try to move to the correct hour. Wheel was stuck so I gently moved it by hand until the motor stopped whirring and it stopped at the correct previous hour. We did not try anything else I did not want to destroy it. I had a quick look inside and I am confident I can get it working. If we help the wheel the dial will go all the way around

Everything tight in that mech. I'll pm the things I did in the morning on the second rebuild to get it behaving reliably....

#5896 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Everything tight in that mech. I'll pm the things I did in the morning on the second rebuild to get it behaving reliably....

I’m having the same issue.

Hour hand sticks at hours 5-7 but will advance if nudged a bit by hand.

All other hours it will advance when flippers are pressed.

#5897 4 years ago

I replaced the stock cabinet speaker with a JBL Stage 810 4Ohm subwoofer for that extra oooompf. What a difference! If you cancel the super jackpot the whole machine rumbles.

Using it for 3 months now, was reluctant on announcing it here as I was uncertain about the stress it would add to the amplifier on the Spike2 board. Using it on both my The Munsters as my Guardians of the Galaxy and so far it holds up great (250 plays on TM and 200 on GOTG) so I can securely assume this is a mod you can safely execute.

jbl810 (resized).jpgjbl810 (resized).jpg
#5898 4 years ago

That's the best attitude to have...

#5899 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stern needs to hire you. Shame they have to let a customer figure out how to fix their products. And thanks so much for the help over the weekend with my lower playfield window. You are the best of Pinside!

#5900 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I’m having the same issue.
Hour hand sticks at hours 5-7 but will advance if nudged a bit by hand.
All other hours it will advance when flippers are pressed.

My clock always gets stuck at 4. Then it whines and hums. Waiting on a new one from Mark.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.