IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 237.
#5751 4 years ago

How does everyone think about them adding mini games to the code. The thing a like about America Pinball games are the screen mini games. Think Stern would add them to this game if they could.

#5752 4 years ago

My topper seems to be working fine. Of course I don’t know what all it’s supposed to do because Stern never publishes instructions or specs. It does make a loud constant humming electrical sound just a little bit quieter than the Spike 2 fan when it’s on. Can that be normal? It’s definitely annoying. My other toppers are silent. What is everyone’s experience? MK I’m going to change out the white light just like you did. It’s way too bright. I can’t really see Raven when it pops out.

#5753 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My topper seems to be working fine. Of course I don’t know what all it’s supposed to do because Stern never publishes instructions or specs. It does make a loud constant humming electrical sound just a little bit quieter than the Spike 2 fan when it’s on. Can that be normal? It’s definitely annoying. My other toppers are silent. What is everyone’s experience? MK I’m going to change out the white light just like you did. It’s way too bright. I can’t really see Raven when it pops out.

Hmm...mine's silent. Can't think what would make a fan noise...none in there... the geared clock moves, so it might be that.

I really like the red for Raven, but @who-dey's thought of purple could be cool.

Mines been on for 9 hours, everything seems fine. What I've found consistently:
A) Raven pops out every hour "___ nevermore"
B) Raven does final five second countdown w grandpa multiball...Pops out each time.
C) Raven announces certain multipliers, and provides various taunts throughout the game.
D) Characters blink when the mode is lit. Multiple modes, multiple characters blink.
E) Topper goes dark when play field goes dark
F) Raven gives you crap when game over

Haven't made Munster Madness today, so maybe that's when the clock continually spins.

A lot of stuff going on up there....Really, really like it, and adds to the overall fun of the game.

There is zero doubt in my mind that a code update has to come...Even if just polish and topper, game specific tests.

A very aggressive topper....Will post if Stern addresses my questions.

#5754 4 years ago

Hope Stern posts functions, schematics, and a professional grade video of it in action.

I'll do my best w the video, but pita, as one of the modes he's coolest is end of grandpa multiball...Pulling the glass isn't going to help me here...

#5755 4 years ago

Spoke with Stern this morning, a bit rude to me as if I did something. Spoke then with Mark Sullivan, very nice. Looks as though they are going to have engineers re-evaluated before more or replacements go out. My lord.

#5756 4 years ago

Waiting on my second call tag now. This is beyond unacceptable. Usually companies offer incentives for beta testing products. Charging full price for a half baked product and expecting customers to simply deal with the issues is insane.

#5757 4 years ago

I spoke to Stern this morning as well. My topper is not working properly. We’ll see what they’re going to do

#5758 4 years ago

I don’t think stern cares No matter how many games you ve bought new. No matter how you voice your displeasure. Sad

#5759 4 years ago

So glad I cancelled my initial order.... will wait till this ALL gets hashed out...looks great...if and when it works...

#5760 4 years ago
Quoted from lpganhao:

How does everyone think about them adding mini games to the code. The thing a like about America Pinball games are the screen mini games. Think Stern would add them to this game if they could.

Yes, that would be awesome! Like star wars minigame you fly with falcon and must avoid rocks in space! Would love to see mini games on munsters!!

#5761 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I don’t think stern cares No matter how many games you ve bought new. No matter how you voice your displeasure. Sad

This is a little harsh.

But it probably doesn’t matter how many games you bought because you bought them from Stern’s actual customer (the distributor), not Stern.

However it’s a shame to see such a cool topper be such a failure right out of the gate. Stern should be doing whatever MK6PIN did to every topper before it ships, especially given the price point of these things.

#5762 4 years ago

I know but if we don’t by them from distributors then distributors won’t need to buy from Stern. If enough of us are annoyed ,their sales WILL go down because I won’t buy, you won’t buy. The point is that they should care. I believed in them and this is a disgrace

#5763 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

A fellow pinsider asked me for email addresses of people to email. Here is a list of people to make the request. Please be nice and complementary of the game (catch more flies with honey than vinegar). Thanks for sending. Here is a list of people to email, for requesting more Munsters code show related material. Please be specific requesting Munsters show related material, since the game code is already quite good. Ala, Batman 66 type show material. Who doesn’t like the way Batman show material was included? It’s one of the best all time coded games ever. Why shouldn’t Munsters be that way too?
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Good luck in getting a reply mate
Tried over the years, and mainly fall on deaf ears.
tho Dennis N normally replies

From what I was told, Munsters is what it is. Code complete.
Tho I hope I'm incorrect as I also feel the code is way under sub par.
I own the game, Love the theme but will not last the way the code sits.

Note: Cannot wait to the the new code update for GB tho, only 2 days to go

#5764 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I know but if we don’t by them from distributors then distributors won’t need to buy from Stern. If enough of us are annoyed ,their sales WILL go down because I won’t buy, you won’t buy. The point is that they should care. I believed in them and this is a disgrace

You know, if you are replying to someone in particular it sure would help out if you would link the post you are replying to. Over in the lower right hand side of the post are a couple of quotation marks. Try giving those a click and see how it lets to make a direct reply.

Thanks

#5765 4 years ago

Sorry bud. I’m just so irritated over this mess. Allll the games alll the money we spend on this stuff I just feel as though we deserve better

#5766 4 years ago

What I received wasn’t just like they did test it it was like they threw all the parts inside the casing and shipped it it wasn’t a screw it wasn’t s washer It was a whole bunch of parts that were just rattling around inside the casing of the topper to me that’s really careless and inexcusable. You would’ve had to open up that box to believe it
Trust me it wasn’t dropped because nothing was cracked I still can’t believe something was shipped out like that

#5767 4 years ago

Pardon me it wasn’t as though they just didn’t test it
Have I hooked it up and it didn’t work properly that’s one thing

#5768 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I truly hope not, but if that's the case as beautiful as it is it will not be staying. I guess Lyman with his BM66 coding and show integration spoiled me. However I'll hold out a little longer to watch and see.

#5769 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Good luck in getting a reply mate
Tried over the years, and mainly fall on deaf ears.
tho Dennis N normally replies
Tho I hope I'm incorrect as I also feel the code is way under sub par.
I own the game, Love the theme but will not last the way the code sits.
Note: Cannot wait to the the new code update for GB tho, only 2 days to go

Thanks for your concern mate, but I just received a reply from John Borg this morning. We will in fact receive more code and love for Munsters. Timeline only has yet to be revealed. So that is good news for such an awesome theme!

#5770 4 years ago

I see that people's hearts are in the right places with their game ideas, but mass-emailing developers is kind of not cool in general. Good to see you guys got some responses but try to take it easy on them

#5771 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I see that people's hearts are in the right places with their game ideas, but mass-emailing developers is kind of not cool in general. Good to see you guys got some responses but try to take it easy on them

It is cool, as it helps show interest in their product. Any and all companies love interest in their product. That is very cool to them indeed. It results in more sales and that is the ultimate in making it easy on them.

#5772 4 years ago

Can officially say mine is working now!!!! Completely dismantled for a second time, and identified what I believe to be the trouble spots. Reported them all to the Stern group (5 of them cc'd in the ongoing thread).

This thing will need to be assembled and tested w TLC, but the design is actually very cool. Functionality:

a) Characters blink when the mode is lit. Multiple characters can be blinking at the same time
b) Raven announces the hour (pops out as well).
c) Clock follows regular time. Not quite as ocd as I'd like, but Raven is spot on at the top of the hour.
d) Clock spins approx. 3x when you've got a jackpot lit, then hit the shot.
e) Raven absolutely taunts the hell out of you the further you progress (yes, after you stack and collect all characters then hit Munster Madness, he says all kinds of crap). Don't know what half of it was, but alot dealt w lower playfield accuracy, and calling out random times when the balls are flying everywhere. Level of fun increases exponentially.

Summary:

This truly feels like an extension of the game, and if the QC can get right, you'll want this thing. I have to believe (strongly) and stated to them that a code update needs to happen to at least include diagnostics for this in "game" page. Really lends itself to adding to gameplay code improvement as well. If they tie this in with more integrated video, it could be a must-have for a lot of pinheads.

Will attempt a video this weekend, as I actually have a day job which is killing me right now.

I like to tinker, so glad the second batch had a finish line to it. Hopefully, more good ones get out the door.....mark

#5773 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It is cool, as it helps show interest in their product. Any and all companies love interest in their product. That is very cool to them indeed. It results in more sales and that is the ultimate in making it easy on them.

If you want to send them "good job" emails, that's great. I'm sure they love getting fan mail. It's kind of silly (delusional?) to send John Borg advice on designing games though. Two reasons why: (1) All public idea submissions are instantly destroyed/deleted for legal reasons. (2) He is John Borg, I think he's got this one

#5774 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

If you want to send them "good job" emails, that's great. I'm sure they love getting fan mail. It's kind of silly (delusional?) to send John Borg advice on designing games though. Two reasons why: (1) All public idea submissions are instantly destroyed/deleted for legal reasons. (2) He is John Borg, I think he's got this one

These are not just “good job” emails or fan mail. You might think you’re in a different thread? This is an owners thread, where we discuss how we can make our games better.

#5775 4 years ago
Quoted from Truent:

Well bad news. I came home and played a couple games and the clock started spinning non stop. I shut the game down and rebooted and as soon as the clock hand advanced the motor kicked on and started spinning non stop again. I really thought all the bugs had been worked out this time but it appears not. I’m very disappointed.

I had the same issue. Reinstalled the game code 1.00.0 and all is well now.

#5776 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for your concern mate, but I just received a reply from John Borg this morning. We will in fact receive more code and love for Munsters. Timeline only has yet to be revealed. So that is good news for such an awesome theme!

I have a couple of questions:

1) When Borg replied to you, was he under any kind of impression that his and your communication was any kind of confidential?

2) If Borg is saying "new Code" to you in an email, why wouldn't Stern make a proper announcement publicly instead of running under the cover of an email. It makes no sense for Stern to not shout it from the rooftops if it is going to be happening.

#5777 4 years ago
Quoted from highflyer100:

I had the same issue. Reinstalled the game code 1.00.0 and all is well now.

good to know! ill give that a try tonight. the topper is working just not 100% my issues are:

1. the clock doesnt always change with the hour.
2. when the clock spins it will not stop spinning until the machine is shut down fully.

As far as I can tell its functioning ok aside from those things. my point to Stern was that not all of us have the technical know how like MK6PIN to teardown and identify the problem ourselves. We are paying for a new, working, and finished product , not a $425 DIY project. Ill be super excited once all of this is behind us.

#5778 4 years ago

On a lighter note, I was fully excited to do this yesterday...

3DBE3F65-4918-46E7-9103-7F49076528AA (resized).jpeg3DBE3F65-4918-46E7-9103-7F49076528AA (resized).jpeg
#5779 4 years ago
5091A32D-9EC8-42A6-BB53-78ABBE0D1A65 (resized).jpeg5091A32D-9EC8-42A6-BB53-78ABBE0D1A65 (resized).jpeg
#5780 4 years ago

^^That is so dang cool!

Munster koach or anything Barris is beyond spectacular. Eddie signing is icing on the cake. Lucky man!

#5781 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have a couple of questions:
1) When Borg replied to you, was he under any kind of impression that his and your communication was any kind of confidential?
2) If Borg is saying "new Code" to you in an email, why wouldn't Stern make a proper announcement publicly instead of running under the cover of an email. It makes no sense for Stern to not shout it from the rooftops if it is going to be happening.

Look I don’t want to make a big deal of this. Nothing more was said than it will get more love. May we leave it at that? I’m sure until they have a timeline, they won’t have any official announcement. Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned it here, but tired of all the bashing Munsters code gets. I did not betray any confidences as you suggest. It’s not ready for an official announcement, so leave it to them. Just be happy that there is hope, not dissatisfied. There is nothing “undercover” of an email. I simply asked if we may get more Munsters code love. He was considerate enough to tell me yes.

#5782 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Look I don’t want to make a big deal of this. Nothing more was said than it will get more love. May we leave it at that? I’m sure until they have a timeline, they won’t have any official announcement. Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned it here, but tired of all the bashing Munsters code gets. I did not betray any confidences as you suggest. It’s not ready for an official announcement, so leave it to them. Just be happy that there is hope, not dissatisfied. There is nothing “undercover” of an email. I simply asked if we may get more Munsters code love. He was considerate enough to tell me yes.

Appreciate you sharing this info. Very believable, and I personally have zero doubts the code will be revisited. Having the glass off last night testing the topper I realized there was a lot to this machine I hadn't seen prior, both on the playfield and screen. Game is serious fun, and that mini playfield, now tied w Raven sticking his head out taunting you, makes this thing a beast.....

#5783 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is an owners thread, where we discuss how we can make our games better.

There are other threads specifically for suggesting code improvements and Stern has a public form for feedback (which you should be using IMO.) Discuss whatever you want though as long as it's about Munsters

Was trying to be nice and let you know what general etiquette is here. Stern happens to be small and more accessible, that doesn't mean they want your ideas and certainly not sent directly to Gary Stern. No different from how Blizzard does it: https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/legal-faq.html

#5784 4 years ago

Who is Blizzard and how does that relate to Munsters?

#5785 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Clearly you're not a golfer...

My point was there is a good chance your game ideas are going directly into a cyber toilet when you send them to a game company. Doubly so when you send them to the head of the company. Triply so when the ideas aren't any good in the first place. It is kind of adorable though and of course Stern's mileage may vary

#5786 4 years ago

I think anyone at Stern should be grateful that the customers care about their product enough to email them concerns and suggestions on improvement. If not, I don't think the company is going to last in the long run.

#5787 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

My point was there is a good chance your game ideas are going directly into a cyber toilet when you send them to a game company. Doubly so when you send them to the head of the company. Triply so when the ideas aren't any good in the first place. It is kind of adorable though and of course Stern's mileage may vary

Best way is to vote with your wallet. Example- Stern quickly updated their JP playfield after 1/2 million dollars in orders were cancelled at distributors in just a few short weeks.

That will get their attention to change - before that they ignored emails.

I like that people did that. Those with bad toppers don’t accept it, return them for a credit.

#5788 4 years ago

Got my Munsters today. All setup. Having a few issues hopefully all something I can get sorted when I call tomorrow.

Still managed to have some fun with it.

First issue is my topper clock seems to get stuck once it hits 5 o’clock through 7 o’clock. It makes a loud buzzing noise on those hours and won’t advance on its own. All other hours are fine.

I took a video:

I’m also getting 3 node board errors every time I start the machine even though all features seem to be working.

I took another video:

Lastly, I had a weird issue while playing where all the lights in the back playfield went out and the grandpas trap door would not eject the ball and I got a trap door error. I had to power of and power back on to get that half of the playfield working again. Yup. Took a video:

Also, how would I verify my table has HD glass? I expected it to have a lot less glare.

#5789 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Blizzard Entertainment. Big computer games maker.

Just like Blizzard, Stern has to be concerned with copy write issues. As a matter of policy, some song writers and authors will not even look at an email from Joe Suburb. The risk is the author will write something and then the emailer will cry out how it was an idea that he/she sent to the author and that the author is stealing someone else's work.

Witness Led Zeppelin vs. Spirit.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 10.46.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-17 at 10.46.53 PM (resized).png

Quoted from tpir:

Quoted from JayLar:

I think anyone at Stern should be grateful that the customers care about their product enough to email them concerns and suggestions on improvement. If not, I don't think the company is going to last in the long run.

Do you have any idea how many emails some corporate people have to wade through in their email box? What would you, or anybody, do to make your email standout from the flood of daily emails? In my busy, corporate, meeting filled day, what could anybody say to make me open an email from a complete stranger when I have 150 new emails flooding my email box?

Stern has an email support address. I have used it and have gotten positive help from the contact person.

Gary Stern has already been around for more than half a century. My opinion is Stern will weather most any storm that comes its way. Even Toppergate.

#5790 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Lastly, I had a weird issue while playing where all the lights in the back playfield went out and the grandpas trap door would not eject the ball and I got a trap door error. I had to power of and power back on to get that half of the playfield working again. Yup. Took a video:

I never have seen any thing like that in my LE. You won't find anything in the manual. Call your distributor. And you might as well go to Stern's support page and introduce yourself. Advise Support if the issues you are having and hit the send button. You might have to wait a coupler of days for a reply. Or you might make immediate contact.

Just make your problems official with those nice videos to made.

#5791 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

There are other threads specifically for suggesting code improvements and Stern has a public form for feedback (which you should be using IMO.) Discuss whatever you want though as long as it's about Munsters
Was trying to be nice and let you know what general etiquette is here. Stern happens to be small and more accessible, that doesn't mean they want your ideas and certainly not sent directly to Gary Stern. No different from how Blizzard does it: https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/legal-faq.html

Do you think you’re a moderator here? You’re becoming quite annoying at your condescending manner. I believe we all know here what etiquette is all about and don’t need the likes of you trolling our thread telling us who we can or can’t talk too, nor how small or big Stern is or isn’t. I run a worldwide company in 40 countries and far bigger than what you’re bringing up here, yet till now I’ve never mentioned it. But you’re getting on my nerves now and I’ve noticed you do this frequently, with others as well. Stop you’re nonsensical trolling. You’re not an owner, so not sure why you troll this thread. Don’t consider you being nice at all with your constant BS.

#5792 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Read this again and just aggravated me. So people bash code, designers, developers, and companies endlessly on here....then someone posts a kind, general interaction w a game designer and needs etiquette lessons? Give me a break. Robin clearly states the rules of this forum.

I, too, own a fairly large company who has a multibillion-dollar client (healthcare). Though I receive hundreds of e-mails a day, there are ways to get to me, and I (or my team) return quite a few if they are constructive and relative to our company.

Stern has always been very easy to communicate with. I e-mail, and yes, even talk to them when problems or thoughts/ ideas come up involving a game. I don't tell them how to do anything, just give my perspective as being an owner. Many of the bug fixes, mods, etc. come from feedback such as this.

Glad @thunderbird had some interesting info to share on something that would make the game better. Glad there was a team @ Stern that I was able to work with to identify some topper issues, which will now make the thing better for the rest.

Good grief. There was no foul in what he conveyed here......and I admire Sharon for starting Blizzard, but despise golf (whatever that has to do with anything).

#5793 4 years ago

Not to rain on anyone's parade especially mine, but Dwight just said there is no plans to do a code update on Munster's. Here is a link to the video go to 1:09:10 it starts there.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483271018

#5794 4 years ago

Well that sucks

#5795 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not to rain on anyone's parade especially mine, but Dwight just said live in the Dead Flip Stream that Munster's code is done and he is done with that. Here is a link to the video.

At what point in video?

He was also done with GB!

#5796 4 years ago

Ok his exact words were "there is no plans to do a code update on Munsters." It was at 1:09:10

fixed my original post.

#5797 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Got my Munsters today. All setup. Having a few issues hopefully all something I can get sorted when I call tomorrow.
Still managed to have some fun with it.
First issue is my topper clock seems to get stuck once it hits 5 o’clock through 7 o’clock. It makes a loud buzzing noise on those hours and won’t advance on its own. All other hours are fine.
I took a video:

I’m also getting 3 node board errors every time I start the machine even though all features seem to be working.
I took another video:

Also, how would I verify my table has HD glass? I expected it to have a lot less glare.

Has anyone got a topper that worked correctly straight up?

#5798 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not to rain on anyone's parade especially mine, but Dwight just said live in the Dead Flip Stream that Munster's code is done and he is done with that. Here is a link to the video.

Interesting contrast to Borg’s apparent recent email response indicating otherwise. If Dwight is correct, I think that’s an unfortunate and shortsighted decision by Stern. It wouldn’t take much to elevate Munsters game play from very good to great.

#5799 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Has anyone got a topper that worked correctly straight up?

I m giving it one last chance. Waiting on my third/ along with return shipping labels so I can send this piece of shit they sent me back to them

#5800 4 years ago

I didn’t want to add any further drama to this...I also received a few email responses from Borg indicating that The Munsters would get some further love.
There was no time-line provided.
I guess it’s best to take this with a grain of salt as there seems to be a different message from others (as above) at the company.
My fam are all enjoying this pin but I would still like to see further code and theme integration enhancements. So much potential with this game.
I guess time will tell but I’m trying to stay positive regardless.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/116?hl=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.