IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 237.
#5651 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It will pass. You can be assured the topper you bought will be working 100%. No way will Stern send out one that has not been fully tested. Can you imagine the uproar that would follow if one of the replacements ( shall we call them 2nd generation) was shipped and did not work?
Is your distributor shipping your pin NIB, or is he going to open it up and test everything before it arrives your door?

Gonna open it and test it. Install side art blades and side web armor. Update software. Test then rebox.

#5652 4 years ago

Could this be a cool topper? LED the lights and maybe a horn of some sorts....Lol

20190907_055310 (resized).jpg20190907_055310 (resized).jpg
#5653 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are waaaaaaaaay too optimistic Cotton! lol
I hope you are right though, nothing would surprise me though. I still have my old one boxed up and ready to be sent back when my new one arrives.

I don't think so. No way is Stern letting the Gen 2s out the door without some QC touchy-feely. There will not be any sampling; It will be 100% inspection. Woe be to the inspector who lets a defective unit ship.

Just like the guy who got caught with lipstick on his collar; His old lady will be watching him like a hawk forever more

And you are telling Stern is trusting you to send your old one back? Are you going to be billed for #2 with #1 acting like a core charge credit?

#5654 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

Could this be a cool topper? LED the lights and maybe a horn of some sorts....Lol[quoted image]

I think it would make a great topper. But where is Marilyn?

#5655 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think it would make a great topper. But where is Marilyn?

Good point, I missed that!

#5656 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And you are telling Stern is trusting you to send your old one back? Are you going to be billed for #2 with #1 acting like a core charge credit?

They are sending a return shipping label with the new topper. No reason not to trust me, im a very good customer. I would be very disapointed if they didn't trust me.

#5657 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They are sending a return shipping label with the new topper. No reason not to trust me, im a very good customer. I would be very disapointed if they didn't trust me.

I think these start shipping next week....

#5658 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think these start shipping next week....

I sure hope they all work good this time. Its going to be a great topper looks like. We will probably have to all change that bright ass light though that blinds you when the raven door opens.

#5659 4 years ago

Sometimes when playing I suddenly get a very high beep from the boxes. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the game itself, what can this be? This beep/plop sound is much louder than all other sounds..

#5660 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Sometimes when playing I suddenly get a very high beep from the boxes. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the game itself, what can this be? This beep/plop sound is much louder than all other sounds..

Digital Knocker that you hit the free game score level? Try disabling the knocker sound in the game settings and see if it repeats.

#5661 4 years ago

Anyone - Not receive their Munsters Topper - or order?

I've been waiting oh so long. Stern won't update me on progress.

#5662 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone - Not receive their Munsters Topper - or order?
I've been waiting oh so long. Stern won't update me on progress.

I dont think anyone has yet but they are supposedly coming next week possibly someone said i think?

#5663 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont think anyone has yet but they are supposedly coming next week possibly someone said i think?

According to my distributor, replacements are going out by end of this week. New orders won’t be sent out until all the replacements have gone out.

#5664 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

According to my distributor, replacements are going out by end of this week. New orders won’t be sent out until all the replacements have gone out.

Thanks for the info. I cant wait to get mine.

#5665 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Digital Knocker that you hit the free game score level? Try disabling the knocker sound in the game settings and see if it repeats.

Yes, think this solve the 'problem'. Was set on medium... Thank you!

#5666 4 years ago

I would like to share an observation...Going back to the chipping, flaking discussion or what I now know is a "delamination" issue, at least in my case. I posted a photo a while back of what I thought was a chip, I recently decided to remove the "cliffy" to get a closer look at what was going on...if look close you can that the clear coat is lifting from the playfield along the outhole edge...if you look even closer you can see what appears to be a layer of mylar (not to be confused with the small piece in front of Grandpa's Lab)...look around the front corners. Was mylar bonded to these playfields and now prematurely releasing? I should also add that I filed those rough edges down around the hole and the "cliffy" fits much better...it may be my imagination but I feel as if I am getting fewer rejects when I shoot to Grandpa's lab.

20190906_141747 (resized).jpg20190906_141747 (resized).jpg
#5667 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I would like to share an observation...Going back to the chipping, flaking discussion or what I now know is a "delamination" issue, at least in my case. I posted a photo a while back of what I thought was a chip, I recently decided to remove the "cliffy" to get a closer look at what was going on...if look close you can that the clear coat is lifting from the playfield along the outhole edge...if you look even closer you can see what appears to be a layer of mylar (not to be confused with the small piece in front of Grandpa's Lab)...look around the front corners. Was mylar bonded to these playfields and now prematurely releasing? I should also add that I filed those rough edges down around the hole and the "cliffy" fits much better...it may be my imagination but I feel as if I am getting fewer rejects when I shoot to Grandpa's lab.[quoted image]

Also, it looks like your ball guide on the right has the clear lifting at both entry points??

Yikes!

#5668 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I would like to share an observation...Going back to the chipping, flaking discussion or what I now know is a "delamination" issue, at least in my case. I posted a photo a while back of what I thought was a chip, I recently decided to remove the "cliffy" to get a closer look at what was going on...if look close you can that the clear coat is lifting from the playfield along the outhole edge...if you look even closer you can see what appears to be a layer of mylar (not to be confused with the small piece in front of Grandpa's Lab)...look around the front corners. Was mylar bonded to these playfields and now prematurely releasing? I should also add that I filed those rough edges down around the hole and the "cliffy" fits much better...it may be my imagination but I feel as if I am getting fewer rejects when I shoot to Grandpa's lab.[quoted image]

Just the different layers of clear lifting - no Mylar.

But more importantly, look at how rough that hole is cut!!!! WTF?!?! Were they using a chisel to cut the ply that day? Whoever is making these pf’s for Stern need to go back to woodworking school.

#5669 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Get some thin bodied slow setting super glue and glue the lifting clear back down. Protect the rest of the play field with some masking tape, etc. The glue should wick underneath and fill the lifting area. It is does not, you might have to carefully drill a small 1/16" hole in the lifted area to allow the glue to get in. The glue will seal up the drilled hole.

#5670 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But more importantly, look at how rough that hole is cut!!!! WTF?!?! Were they using a chisel to cut the ply that day? Whoever is making these pf’s for Stern need to go back to woodworking school.

Wood!? Are you sure that playfield is made of wood that scoop hole looks like it’s made of layers of melted wax (not sure whether to insert laughing face here or head hitting the wall at this point) easily one of it not the worst playfield cut out I’ve seen, the issues with playfields and subpar quality/workmanship at the moment is ridiculous, I’m out of NIB until this shit is sorted and I wanted a Coloured Prem Munsters and a JPLE.

#5671 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Look close at the front of the hole and you will see a small perfectly straight line that terminates in perfect curves around the corners...maybe I am wrong but I don't think that is the clear.

#5672 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wood!? Are you sure that playfield is made of wood that scoop hole looks like it’s made of layers of melted wax (not sure whether to insert laughing face here or head hitting the wall at this point) easily one of it not the worst playfield cut out I’ve seen, the issues with playfields and subpar quality/workmanship at the moment is ridiculous, I’m out of NIB until this shit is sorted and I wanted a Coloured Prem Munsters and a JPLE.

Don’t hold off the fun. I just purchased a Munsters color premium and it’s perfect build quality. Zero issues. My family likes that machine more than any of the rest. Also, ordered JP and confident it will be good too. Stern stands behind documented issues is my experience. The guy above should submit his case to his distributor. For example: had a bat66 turntable that had issues. Stern replaced the whole thing, which was even out of warranty, no issues. That is the mark of a good company imo.

#5673 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Look close at the front of the hole and you will see a small perfectly straight line that terminates in perfect curves around the corners...maybe I am wrong but I don't think that is the clear.

Oh yeh, I can see that now. Strange.

#5674 4 years ago

Just got UPS Shipping confirmation from Stern that my replacement Topper is on the way. Should have it in hand in a couple days. Just in time because Butch Patrick is doing a personal appearance a few minutes away from me and I’d love to get the topper signed.

#5675 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Oh yeh, I can see that now. Strange.

I have a premium and just looked at my PF. Found there is a rectangular piece of mylar in front of the outhole. Also noticed mylar in inlane and bumper region as well.

#5676 4 years ago
Quoted from Truent:

Just got UPS Shipping confirmation from Stern that my replacement Topper is on the way. Should have it in hand in a couple days. Just in time because Butch Patrick is doing a personal appearance a few minutes away from me and I’d love to get the topper signed.

Ditto...mine arrives Friday....a nice weekend project.

(side...I've used a magnifying glass looking at all areas on my playfield, game has 100's of plays on it ...still looks great. Mine is good)

#5677 4 years ago

I see my Munsters Topper shipped today! I just emailed about it yesterday. That was quick lol.

#5678 4 years ago

Hmm....i didn't get any email about my topper.

#5679 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I see my Munsters Topper shipped today! I just emailed about it yesterday. That was quick lol.

I told ya’ll!

Seems my source is good!

Hopefully this means my pin and topper will ship next week!

#5680 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hmm....i didn't get any email about my topper.

Me neither..... sucks.

#5681 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

small perfectly straight line that terminates in perfect curves around the corners...

to me it looks like Mylar

#5682 4 years ago

Topper is out for delivery today. Ill try to update tonight once I see everything is working as it should.

#5683 4 years ago

Whats the best strategy to score huge points in this game?

#5684 4 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Whats the best strategy to score huge points in this game?

Have 6x playfield running the whole game and get to Munster madness II or even III

#5685 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto...mine arrives Friday....a nice weekend project.
(side...I've used a magnifying glass looking at all areas on my playfield, game has 100's of plays on it ...still looks great. Mine is good)

Would you please take some video of it operating showing game play topper integration? Really want to see this in action and how well integrated into the game itself. Could be revolutionary for toppers, which I normally don’t care for, but this one has me intrigued and I’ve ordered one too, but it won’t get here for a long while. Lol

#5686 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would you please take some video of it operating showing game play topper integration? Really want to see this in action and how well integrated into the game itself. Could be revolutionary for toppers, which I normally don’t care for, but this one has me intrigued and I’ve ordered one too, but it won’t get here for a long while. Lol

Yep....It will be w my phone, but should look decent. I have a free Saturday, so looking forward to getting this thing installed.. really think it will be awesome...

#5687 4 years ago

Happy to report that everything is working really well!

A21C8720-53A1-444B-AF06-DFC907004066 (resized).jpegA21C8720-53A1-444B-AF06-DFC907004066 (resized).jpegE6C33A3A-A91B-48FA-99BE-B24586929DE2 (resized).jpegE6C33A3A-A91B-48FA-99BE-B24586929DE2 (resized).jpeg
#5688 4 years ago

Here’s a video of the topper in action.

AC56DE5A-A718-497D-974D-699B01F89B12 (resized).jpegAC56DE5A-A718-497D-974D-699B01F89B12 (resized).jpeg
#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from Truent:

Here’s a video of the topper in action.[quoted image]

Video??

#5690 4 years ago
Quoted from Truent:

Here’s a video of the topper in action.[quoted image]

Have to upload to YouTube and post a link.

#5691 4 years ago

Anxious to see this...is it working properly?

#5692 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have to upload to YouTube and post a link.

Yeah, I’m working on it.

#5693 4 years ago

Such a beautiful looking game- hope your topper is fully working!

#5694 4 years ago

Where is the USB port so I can update the code. Do I have to take the back glass off to get to it. If so how do I take the glass off with out breaking it.

#5695 4 years ago

Distributor called me today. My Pin and Topper are shipping out today! Should arrive on Monday!!!! Wooooooooo so happy!

Not looking forward to lugging it around back and getting it on its legs tho.

#5696 4 years ago

Ok here’s a link to the topper in action.

#5697 4 years ago
Quoted from lpganhao:

Where is the USB port so I can update the code. Do I have to take the back glass off to get to it. If so how do I take the glass off with out breaking it.

Back glass keys are in the coin door. Lock is at the top of the LCD screen. Unlock, slide the glass up and out. USB port is on the tiny board right in the center of the backbox. There may be two ports. Use either one.

#5698 4 years ago
Quoted from Truent:

Ok here’s a link to the topper in action.

Thanks. Looks good!

#5699 4 years ago

Does it have to be a certain software level for the top of the work correctly?

#5700 4 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Does it have to be a certain software level for the top of the work correctly?

What do you mean? Topper looks pretty sweet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/114?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.