IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 237.
#5601 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine looks identical.

Yer.. not good mate.

#5602 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine looks identical.

That stinks, I have a pro and it doesn’t look like that. Hopefully they do something for you guys

My BM66 has a little spot by the apron you could barely see and they wouldn’t replace it but it wasn’t noticeable until I took off the apron

#5603 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Check your playfield, this is my LE with under 300 plays[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did Stern or your distro say?

#5604 4 years ago

Those pictures make me want to barf. Ugh.

#5605 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine looks identical.

I have some rippling around the adjustable left hand outlane post. Other than that, I have no play field problems. Wii alway be keeping my eyes on this hit to quality.

#5606 4 years ago

Sorry guys, this rippling, pooling, etc. really sucks.

I checked mine tonight and it seems ok so far, but it’s simply not good that so many owners are experiencing this issue.

Man, these pins cost so much and this pooling & chipping simply shouldn’t be happening.

I’ve postponed my purchase of a JP2 Premium or a Wonka and feel we should be getting some kind of explanation from Stern/JJP as to when this will be rectified.

Really hope they figure this out in short order.

#5607 4 years ago

I know it's been written about many times but I'm a bit gun shy about updating my Munsters code to 1.0 from .99 Im afraid I'll mess up the down load or it wont take and I'll be left in the dark. Can anyone tell me in layman's terms what usb stick should I use and how do I make sure I only down load the correct file and "don't put it in a folder" etc. etc. I'm probably making more of this than I should but I've read where people have had trouble with downloads and I'm not a computer guy by any stretch. Thanks for any advice.

#5608 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I just checked my Munsters LE in detail. I have a early LE number. Not sure if that means anything. The playfield is mint. I have had for several months. I will keep a watch on it. Guess I got a good one. Been lucky with all my machines. I passed on Wonka, POTC and BK. Waiting for Elvira.

I have LE #16. My playfield is also mint. Just had a tech at my house to realign the left Eddie loop outrail. He had to remove a bunch of parts. I did not see any odd damage or clear coat issues anywhere on my playfield. I have three of the latest Stern LEs. All playfields are pristine so far. I also have a JJ POTC and Wonka both LEs and they both have numerous playfield rippling and bubbling issues. Wonka is way worse.

#5609 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I know it's been written about many times but I'm a bit gun shy about updating my Munsters code to 1.0 from .99 Im afraid I'll mess up the down load or it wont take and I'll be left in the dark. Can anyone tell me in layman's terms what usb stick should I use and how do I make sure I only down load the correct file and "don't put it in a folder" etc. etc. I'm probably making more of this than I should but I've read where people have had trouble with downloads and I'm not a computer guy by any stretch. Thanks for any advice.

It's really easy. You download the file, unzip it and copy it onto your USB stick. Any USB stick should be fine really. Should be at least 4GB and have nothing on it.

These directions are still valid, but you will be downloading a .zip file and have to extract the .spk file inside to put on your stick:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-update-procedure#post-2855822

#5610 4 years ago

Today I double checked my Munsters LE #111.
So far so good. Nothing to see. All ok. Absolutely no playfield issues.
But there are only about 150 plays on it.

The total opposide to my new Pirates SE. Here after about 50 plays: It's "beginning" at the sling posts. Not much, but the bubbling starts.

#5611 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine looks identical.

So sorry to hear this. Have you contacted Stern or your distributor and what did they say?

#5612 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

So sorry to hear this. Have you contacted Stern or your distributor and what did they say?

Not yet but will be soon. My IMDN game is messed up also.

#5613 4 years ago

Email I received yesterday regarding the toppers: “Stern just informed us that the toppers have been re-engineered and the production will begin next week. We will update you as soon as we have more information. We appreciate your patience.”

#5614 4 years ago

I had a conversation with someone who indicated that Stern sources their playfield *wood* from 2-3 different places. Now some wood may be a bit older and some may be a bit newer- not as dried out or 'cured'. Moisture in the wood could also be a contributing factor to this underlying problem. And it could explain why JJP could be having similar issues if they are sourcing their wood from one of these places...?

I've got a MunstersLE. BKSorLE, and IMpro with no issues (at this point) and went over them all very carefully as soon issues started appearing on all of these titles. I originally passed on JP2LE, and had been giving a premium second thoughts, but until this issue gets sorted out, I may not be buying any NIB...

So I snagged a TOTAN over the weekend. Wish the playfield build quality was as good now as it was when these games were being made.

#5615 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:Check your playfield, this is my LE with under 300 plays

Not sure what the issue is in the photos. If it’s the “specks” in the purple, this is not due to play, but is in the playfield print/design itself (whether intentional or not). I have a b/w premium and those exact “specks” are there on mine as well (albeit in the grey, not purple)

#5616 4 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

Not sure what the issue is in the photos. If it’s the “specks” in the purple, this is not due to play, but is in the playfield print/design itself (whether intentional or not). I have a b/w premium and those exact “specks” are there on mine as well (albeit in the grey, not purple)

It's the 'pooling' or 'bubbling' of the clearcoat and art around the base of the playfield posts in his pictures.

#5617 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I had a conversation with someone who indicated that Stern sources their playfield *wood* from 2-3 different places. Now some wood may be a bit older and some may be a bit newer- not as dried out or 'cured'. Moisture in the wood could also be a contributing factor to this underlying problem. And it could explain why JJP could be having similar issues if they are sourcing their wood from one of these places...?
I've got a MunstersLE. BKSorLE, and IMpro with no issues (at this point) and went over them all very carefully as soon issues started appearing on all of these titles. I originally passed on JP2LE, and had been giving a premium second thoughts, but until this issue gets sorted out, I may not be buying any NIB...
So I snagged a TOTAN over the weekend. Wish the playfield build quality was as good now as it was when these games were being made.

I borrowed Ven's pic from post #5558. Look at the small cloud of white that is happening on both inside diameters of the ball guide. That is clear separating from the art/play/field. It will most likely either spread or chip out.

249c72c031bd04e802ddf0c8b19849f0a74cd44a (resized).jpg249c72c031bd04e802ddf0c8b19849f0a74cd44a (resized).jpg

#5618 4 years ago

All this pooling around posts has to be due to playfields being assembled while the clear is still soft? I can’t think what else it could be...

#5619 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

All this pooling around posts has to be due to playfields being assembled while the clear is still soft? I can’t think what else it could be...

There are plenty of theories:

Poor art to wood adherence
Incorrect clear formula
Insufficient cure time
Excess clear application
Some combination of the above

#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

It's really easy. You download the file, unzip it and copy it onto your USB stick. Any USB stick should be fine really. Should be at least 4GB and have nothing on it.
These directions are still valid, but you will be downloading a .zip file and have to extract the .spk file inside to put on your stick:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-update-procedure#post-2855822

Thanks for the reply tpir. How exactly do you "unzip" the file and extract the .spk file inside? Thanks again.

#5621 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

How exactly do you "unzip" the file and extract the .spk file inside? Thanks again.

Use WinZip or just about any unzipper for Windows. You don’t do anything to the .spk files. They will get unpacked by the code update process.

Make sure you put the spk files in the root directory of the USB stick and nothing else.

#5622 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Use WinZip or just about any unzipper for Windows. You don’t do anything to the .spk files. They will get unpacked by the code update process.
Make sure you put the spk files in the root directory of the USB stick and nothing else.

Thanks everyone for the help... but please pardon my ignorance... what is the "root" directory and how do I know I'm putting the spk files there vs. somewhere else? Thanks and apologies.

#5623 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

what is the "root" directory and how do I know I'm putting the spk files there vs. somewhere else?

root dir means it will look like :\

there will be no name dir which would be a yellow folder looking icon, if there is one then don't put it in there just to the :\ . So go to that drive letter of the usb stick and just extract the files there to X:\ ( X meaning the usb drive letter )

#5624 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Thanks everyone for the help... but please pardon my ignorance... what is the "root" directory and how do I know I'm putting the spk files there vs. somewhere else? Thanks and apologies.

Do you have computer shop you could visit and throw out a $5.00 bill and have the shop place the file on a thumb drive for you?

That would get you 99% there.

Better yet, buy the thumb drive from them, too. They are cheap.

#5625 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

root dir means it will look like :\
there will be no name dir which would be a yellow folder looking icon, if there is one then don't put it in there just to the :\ . So go to that drive letter of the usb stick and just extract the files there to X:\ ( X meaning the usb drive letter )

Ok got it. Thanks

#5626 4 years ago

Hi happy to join the group, just waiting for my Munsters Pro that I won back in August for Project Pinball, unsure if has been shipped yet, but when I do get it will post pics and also advice on playing tips and up keeping the game.

#5627 4 years ago

Well I truly suck.... but getting better... and FINALLY hit Munster Madness last night. What a blast!!!

#5628 4 years ago

I know I'm not a great player by any means but I keep seeing people ragging on this pin saying how easy and boring it is. I just don't understand that statement. My pro has over 1k plays on it since I got it and I've probably played 900 of them. My best score is in the 200 mil range with my average score in the 100-120 mil range. I have never made it to munster madness #2 and there are apparently 3 levels. It would be nice if there was some variation on the modes in each level but it's pretty hard. I'm finally getting good at spot and can usually get his jackpot without draining but man those slings love to throw the ball into the outlanes. I love it and I am still not bored of it. I wonder if these people ragging on it are the ones that played the pre 1.0 and got billions of points and never came back. Maybe there are still those on location with that old code in it? The current code is not easy.

#5629 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I know I'm not a great player by any means but I keep seeing people ragging on this pin saying how easy and boring it is. I just don't understand that statement. My pro has over 1k plays on it since I got it and I've probably played 900 of them. My best score is in the 200 mil range with my average score in the 100-120 mil range. I have never made it to munster madness #2 and there are apparently 3 levels. It would be nice if there was some variation on the modes in each level but it's pretty hard. I'm finally getting good at spot and can usually get his jackpot without draining but man those slings love to throw the ball into the outlanes. I love it and I am still not bored of it. I wonder if these people ragging on it are the ones that played the pre 1.0 and got billions of points and never came back. Maybe there are still those on location with that old code in it? The current code is not easy.

The game is definitely not easy and its loads of fun and very addictive. I love it!

#5630 4 years ago

We love ours also.

#5631 4 years ago

I agree. Am really liking my Pro which kicks my ass (always draining just as I've saved up lots of super jackpots and multipliers).

I think the criticism is correct in regard to the code needing improvement but the game IS really good as it is.

#5632 4 years ago

I have been playing other pins for the last few days; Just giving the LE a rest.

I fired up this morning and seem to have developed a problem with the ball getting trapped in the inlane. This happened to me 3 times this morning during some multi-ball sessions. It is no biggie; I can fix it. But I'm scratching my head as to why it started happening.

Since it is happening during multi-ball I did not know I had a problem until multi-ball ended and now the pin is searching for a missing ball.

IMG_1863 (resized).JPGIMG_1863 (resized).JPGIMG_1866 (resized).JPGIMG_1866 (resized).JPG

#5633 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have been playing other pins for the last few days; Just giving the LE a rest.
I fired up this morning and seem to have developed a problem with the ball getting trapped in the inlane. This happened to me 3 times this morning during some multi-ball sessions. It is no biggie; I can fix it. But I'm scratching my head as to why it started happening.
Since it is happening during multi-ball I did not know I had a problem until multi-ball ended and now the pin is searching for a missing ball.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The screw isn't doing you any favors there, remove it and I am thinking you'll be good.

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I only played about 15 games in total and i have had this jam to.

#5635 4 years ago

Once you remove that screw check to see if it came from the rear counter weight thing on spot. I had a heck of a time trying to find the location of the mystery screw on my machine and that's where it was from. Seems a few other people have had that too

#5636 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The screw isn't doing you any favors there, remove it and I am thinking you'll be good.

Once you remove that screw check to see if it came from the rear counter weight thing on spot. I had a heck of a time trying to find the location of the mystery screw on my machine and that's where it was from. Seems a few other people have had that too

Thanks. I just got some new glasses and the prescription is off (replacement lenses are being made now) and did not see the screw. The screw has come loose from one of the stair banisters on the Spot ramp.

#5637 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I knew that picture looked a little screwy lol.

#5638 4 years ago

I have had the screw fly off too. It’s from SPOT trap door.

#5639 4 years ago

The inside not the lateral side

#5640 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Good eye sir!

#5641 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks. I just got some new glasses and the prescription is off (replacement lenses are being made now) and did not see the screw. The screw has come loose from one of the stair banisters on the Spot ramp.

The errant screw has been reattached to the Spot Ramp stair banister. Everything is back to normal: Munsters is still kicking my butt.

#5642 4 years ago

1015 plays on my munsters since I got it late January. I have a large collection and it hasn't got stale yet and is the favorite along with RFM with my friends.high score 238 mil and haven't seen Munster madness 2 yet.the only problems I've had are the common broken Herman plastic and the grandpa scoop switch had to be replaced.

#5643 4 years ago

Just spent some great time on mine again tonight. It really "scratches the itch" in my lineup...couldn't be happier with it. A beautiful, fun game...

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

1015 plays on my munsters since I got it late January. I have a large collection and it hasn't got stale yet and is the favorite along with RFM with my friends.high score 238 mil and haven't seen Munster madness 2 yet.the only problems I've had are the common broken Herman plastic and the grandpa scoop switch had to be replaced.

That is a ton of plays on MUN considering you have such a large collection! I have been looking at MUN for a while but have been too busy to think about making a move to buy one. MUN seems to fill a void that IM left when I sold it. Will look for one soon.

If you and your friends like RFM I highly recommend AFM also. AFM is simple yet so fun and to me it represents all that is great about pinball.

#5645 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

That is a ton of plays on MUN considering you have such a large collection! I have been looking at MUN for a while but have been too busy to think about making a move to buy one. MUN seems to fill a void that IM left when I sold it. Will look for one soon.
If you and your friends like RFM I highly recommend AFM also. AFM is simple yet so fun and to me it represents all that is great about pinball.

I have to agree. AFM is my grail pin. RFM I’ve only acquired and played this year. It was quite a treat to experience more from this wacky b-movie universe.

In one post you managed to discuss all my favorite pins.

#5646 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I have to agree. AFM is my grail pin. RFM I’ve only acquired and played this year. It was quite a treat to experience more from this wacky b-movie universe.
In one post you managed to discuss all my favorite pins.

Man that’s great. You seem like you are in this pinball stuff for the fun like I am. Pinball hasn’t been as much fun around here lately, but I still enjoy it. Enjoy your MUN and all your other games with crazy Martian themes.

#5647 4 years ago

Man that’s great. You seem like you are in this pinball stuff for the fun like I am. Pinball hasn’t been as much fun around here lately, but I still enjoy it. Enjoy your MUN and all your other games with crazy Martian themes.

Oh, yeah. Maybe I should add my story to my profile. Definitely in it for the fun and to keep these machines alive!

The distributor isn’t shipping my Mun until the topper arrives.

For folks waiting for news on that, here is what I was told today:

Begin email
Spoke with them yesterday and our contact at Stern is assuring us that the replacements are properly functioning during extensive testing overseen by the designer and build engineers. We are pushing them as hard as possible to get replacements shipped and my understanding is that the very first ones are off the production lines as of yesterday and are starting to ship, albeit very slowly. Advised that they are hoping to have replacement shipments moving out by the end of next week, with new orders to follow after that.

Since yours is NOT a replacement topper, but rather a new order, it would not be available until all replacements are shipped. If all goes well and they can get replacements out next week, I can hopefully have yours the week after that at some point to get it shipped to you by the 27th.
End email

27th is my birthday. I’m hoping my pin arrives before then. Ordered on Aug 20th. I already missed the chance to play it over the Labor Day weekend.

Kinda regretting getting the topper tbh. But maybe that will pass when my machine arrives.

#5648 4 years ago

Munsters is awesome, i love my black and white premium! Well as long as the pooling on the playfield doesnt chip i will.

#5649 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Oh, yeah. Maybe I should add my story to my profile. Definitely in it for the fun and to keep these machines alive!
The distributor isn’t shipping my Mun until the topper arrives.
For folks waiting for news on that, here is what I was told today:
Begin email
Spoke with them yesterday and our contact at Stern is assuring us that the replacements are properly functioning during extensive testing overseen by the designer and build engineers. We are pushing them as hard as possible to get replacements shipped and my understanding is that the very first ones are off the production lines as of yesterday and are starting to ship, albeit very slowly. Advised that they are hoping to have replacement shipments moving out by the end of next week, with new orders to follow after that.
Since yours is NOT a replacement topper, but rather a new order, it would not be available until all replacements are shipped. If all goes well and they can get replacements out next week, I can hopefully have yours the week after that at some point to get it shipped to you by the 27th.
End email
27th is my birthday. I’m hoping my pin arrives before then. Ordered on Aug 20th. I already missed the chance to play it over the Labor Day weekend.
Kinda regretting getting the topper tbh. But maybe that will pass when my machine arrives.

It will pass. You can be assured the topper you bought will be working 100%. No way will Stern send out one that has not been fully tested. Can you imagine the uproar that would follow if one of the replacements ( shall we call them 2nd generation) was shipped and did not work?

Is your distributor shipping your pin NIB, or is he going to open it up and test everything before it arrives your door?

#5650 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

. You can be assured the topper you bought will be working 100%

You are waaaaaaaaay too optimistic Cotton! lol

I hope you are right though, nothing would surprise me though. I still have my old one boxed up and ready to be sent back when my new one arrives.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/113?hl=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.