pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 237.
#5501 4 years ago

Finalized my order.

Got the:
Munsters Premium (Color Edition)
HD Glass
Shaker
Cobwebs Side Armor
Side Art Blades
An extra lower playfield window
Generation 2 of the topper

Very excited for this one. Haven’t been this excited since AFMR.

#5502 4 years ago

Yeah, all Haunted House has on its lower playfield is full size flippers, a real pinball, a drop target bank and stand ups ...

I enjoy the Munsters lower PF - love the way it fits the theme as a shrunken pinball machine in Grandpa’s lab and it’s fun to shoot - but its still a novelty that can interrupt the flow of the game that can get in the way if you don’t like the action being interrupted.

But it seems many missed the main point of my post - Premium > Pro because you can play the Premium with or without the lower playfield.

#5503 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone who thinks the Munsters has the best lower playfield ever has probably never played Haunted House or Black Hole.

You're joking right?

#5504 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Finalized my order.
Got the:
Munsters Premium (Color Edition)
HD Glass
Shaker
Cobwebs Side Armor
Side Art Blades
An extra lower playfield window
Generation 2 of the topper
Very excited for this one. Haven’t been this excited since AFMR.

Congratulations, you are going to love it!

#5505 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah , all Haunted House has on its lower playfield is full size flippers, a real pinball, a drop target bank and stand ups ... .

Was that ONE pinball you mentioned? All in fun...

#5506 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, all Haunted House has on its lower playfield is full size flippers, a real pinball, a drop target bank and stand ups ...
I enjoy the Munsters lower PF - love the way it fits the theme as a shrunken pinball machine in Grandpa’s lab and it’s fun to shoot - but its still a novelty that can interrupt the flow of the game that can get in the way if you don’t like the action being interrupted.
But it seems many missed the main point of my post - Premium > Pro because you can play the Premium with or without the lower playfield.

The lower playfield is not a novelty that interupts the flow of the game. Its another mode to an already great game and the shots are meaningful and valuable and worth trying to do good while you are down there playing the lower playfield. And as a bonus its a shitload of fun to play also.

Im not a fan of lower and upper playfields but this one is fun as hell and its the best lower playfield ever.

#5507 4 years ago

Has anyone heard when the toppers will be shipping?

#5508 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The lower playfield is not a novelty that interupts the flow of the game. Its another mode to an already great game and the shots are meaningful and valuable and worth trying to do good while you are down there playing the lower playfield. And as a bonus its a shitload of fun to play also.
Im not a fan of lower and upper playfields but this one is fun as hell and its the best lower playfield ever.

Again - missing the point. Premium > Pro. Because you can have both modes of play.

Yes, the lower pf is a lot of fun. But if you like the fast and furious action of the Pro, dropping to the cellar interrupts that. That should be pretty obvious to anyone who has played both models.

Go back and read the post by Puffdanny

#5509 4 years ago

Emailed stern. Paid for the topper a month ago. Stern says they should be receiving stronger springs for cuckoo clock door this week. So I imagine it will be at least a few weeks

#5510 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Again - missing the point. Premium > Pro. Because you can have both modes of play.
Yes, the lower pf is a lot of fun. But if you like the fast and furious action of the Pro, dropping to the cellar interrupts that. That should be pretty obvious to anyone who has played both models.
Go back and read the post by puffdanny

I always hear people talk about the gameplay being interupted on certain games but i just dont find that to be a big deal. I mean yeah it gets interupted but i get to play grandpas laboratory so to me thats worth the interuption.

On IMDN Premium people say the sarcophagus lock interupts the "flow of the game", but for me its awesome when it goes in there and it gives me a chance to take a drink of my beer. When you are having a good game it's a welcomed break actually.

I think most people just try to use the interuption thing as a way to justify their purchase of the pro model more than anything. All of these games are a blast to play, regardless of which model someone owns.

#5511 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

The distributor I ended up going with says the Stern factory is right next door to them and they said it they are in production now and will be ready in the next week or two. Distributor was confident enough that they are waiting for it to arrive to ship it with my table we’ll see...

I don’t know if I’m more excited for the clock or the lower playfield!

Having played the pro without a topper it’s exciting to think I’ve only experienced half the game.

#5512 4 years ago

Lower playfield is awesome. I have an LE. Can’t imagine the game without it. It’s a good game. I be been waiting patiently for my topper. I think Munsters is fairly difficult. Got to 2nd Munsters madness once. Happy with it

#5513 4 years ago

Don’t be upset if you don’t get your topper with your game. Stern told me next week almost 3 weeks ago. Today they said maybe next week. Oh well. I just want the topper to work. I would be more annoyed if I got it and they didn’t work all the bugs out

#5514 4 years ago

Make sure you turn your lower playfield flippers down they don’t need to be on high power otherwise the ball bounces all over the place

#5515 4 years ago

Turned mine down and they barley make the shots especially towards the end of the flippers so it’s back to 100 % power for me.

#5516 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Don’t be upset if you don’t get your topper with your game. Stern told me next week almost 3 weeks ago. Today they said maybe next week. Oh well. I just want the topper to work. I would be more annoyed if I got it and they didn’t work all the bugs out

I hear ya. I told them I am 100% fine with them shipping separately.

They want to ship them together because it’s cheaper and less chance of damage.

But yeah, I don’t want to wait a month or more for my pin.

#5517 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Make sure you turn your lower playfield flippers down they don’t need to be on high power otherwise the ball bounces all over the place

Yep i like the lower playfield flippers on soft for sure. It makes it feel like you're playing real pinball. I didn't like it at all on the default setting.

#5518 4 years ago

You are going to need this tool to retrieve stuck balls in the lower playfield dashv so get one now before your game arrives. Always turn your game off before sticking this in there. You can raise the playfield up on its rails and stick the magnet in between the fins of the lower playfield and retrieve the ball. It doesnt get stuck often but when it does you need this. I got mine at Pinball life.
Screenshot_2019-08-20-22-53-46-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-20-22-53-46-1 (resized).png

#5519 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

but its still a novelty that can interrupt the flow of the game that can get in the way if you don’t like the action being interrupted.

I don't feel that way about it. It does not interrupt flow any more than the video modes on a pinball.

#5520 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are going to need this tool to retrieve stuck balls in the lower playfield dashv so get one now before your game arrives. Always turn your game off before sticking this in there. You can raise the playfield up on its rails and stick the magnet in between the fins of the lower playfield and retrieve the ball. It doesnt get stuck often but when it does you need this. I got mine at Pinball life.
[quoted image]

Way back in post #3584 I addressed the ball getting stuck in the lower play field.

I made 2 plastic dams from .010 Lexan to block the ball from getting trapped.

This pic is a staged pic showing one place the ball likes to go to to end a game. I have a dam sitting behind each flipper. I have not had any balls trapped since making these rough looking pieces. They are ugly but they are invisible from the player's position. Stern should incorporate these into the pin at the factory.

c12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpgc12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpg

#5521 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

LE since day 1... never had a stuck ball. Should I be worried?

#5522 4 years ago

Thanks for the tips cottonm4 and Who-Dey !

#5523 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

^Ditto^ "\_("~)_/"

#5524 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Well i think getting worried would be a little extreme but i would order the tool that i showed in my post if i were you because i can pretty much guarantee you that its eventually going to happen lol.

Using that tool to retrieve the ball is much easier than pulling the glass on the lower playfield to retrieve it. Also as a bonus you can use that tool for so many other things. Its about the best 5 bucks you could ever spend. Its great for retrieving screws that you drop while working on your games and stuff like that, especially screws that fall into hard to reach areas.

#5525 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

Haven’t ever had one stuck ball after installing the right lane EZ install lane protector on the right lane. With that installed, I’m able to use factory flipper settings too and it makes the playfield work well on standard settings in my opinion. Soft setting was needed before installing the lane protector, because the ball would fly above the optos and not register. Here is the link to buy one, if interested:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0093-00

Also, have the two posts installed in the other two areas for potential stuck balls, which comes from the Stern factory now. Zero issues with stuck balls. Has never happened even once.

#5526 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Try switching on the machine

#5527 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Quoted from kidchrisso:

^Ditto^ "\_("~)_/"

Never a once either

#5528 4 years ago

Stuck balls happen in the lower playfield guys i promise you. You’ve just been very lucky so far. Better get that telescopic magnet or im going to say i told you so!

#5529 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Haven’t ever had one stuck ball after installing the right lane EZ install lane protector on the right lane. With that installed, I’m able to use factory flipper settings too and it makes the playfield work well on standard settings in my opinion. Soft setting was needed before installing the lane protector, because the ball would fly above the optos and not register. Here is the link to buy one, if interested:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0093-00
Also, have the two posts installed in the other two areas for potential stuck balls, which comes from the Stern factory now. Zero issues with stuck balls. Has never happened even once.

That cover is to help make sure the balls register on that ramp Thunderbird. I need to pick one of those up, thanks for posting that link.

#5530 4 years ago

Any word on toppers shipping yet?

#5531 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can you please post a picture of your post placement so I can see if mine comes that way or make the adjustment myself if needed?

#5532 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for the link btw. Just ordered 2. In case one ends up getting scratched up.

#5533 4 years ago

Never got one stuck. But my lower playfield flippers are on soft. Had it for months

#5534 4 years ago

Haven't seen this posted here before but there are some cool Munsters 3D Vacuforms soon to be available at https://www.retroagogo.com/. These were shown at Comicon a couple of months ago.

Munsters Retro a Go Go.jpgMunsters Retro a Go Go.jpg
#5535 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Can you please post a picture of your post placement so I can see if mine comes that way or make the adjustment myself if needed?

Sorry this photo has lots of reflecting light, but can still see areas. If you’re getting new machine, should have all this except the right lane top plate to purchase from Pinball Life.

E8704462-989F-4EB7-839A-1F0F9500A72D (resized).jpegE8704462-989F-4EB7-839A-1F0F9500A72D (resized).jpeg
#5536 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sorry this photo has lots of reflecting light, but can still see areas. If you’re getting new machine, should have all this except the right lane top plate to purchase from Pinball Life.[quoted image]

Mine always gets stuck behind "the machine". It has that little plastic piece back there from the factory but it doesn't do a damn thing. I can't really see the cover that you habe behind the machine. Is it a factory cover or aftermarket?

#5537 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine always gets stuck behind "the machine". It has that little plastic piece back there from the factory but it doesn't do a damn thing. I can't really see the cover that you habe behind the machine. Is it a factory cover or aftermarket?

Earlier in this thread someone showed how to fix, bend this in - so you never get a stuck ball there - FYI

#5538 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Factory cover.

#5539 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Earlier in this thread someone showed how to fix, bend this in - so you never get a stuck ball there - FYI

Where in this thread is that? Do you know how far back?

#5540 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Factory cover.

Can you please take a better picture of that for us?

#5542 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Never a once either

Ditto

#5543 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep and i dont want to get any crap started but there is already a thread of a Wonka with chipping clearcoat like the POTC games and they aren't standing behind these games. I played a Wonka the other night and it was fun but i still like Munsters better and no way would i spend 10-12k on a game with known problems where the manufacturer isn’t standing behind their product. Jurassic Park is another game that i would look into if i was wanting a game for the family.

To be fair there are some Munsters games with chipping clear and Stern won't stand behind them either.

#5544 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

To be fair there are some Munsters games with chipping clear and Stern won't stand behind them either.

This is the first time I have heard of this. Where are you getting this information, please?

#5545 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is the first time I have heard of this. Where are you getting this information, please?

Robert Winter's post #59 in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/2#post-5160816

#5546 4 years ago

Thanks for the link. I see the pics Robert Winter put up and see the bubbling. But I do not see any chipping and Robert Winter specifically states his is not chipping.

Are there more posts talking about this issue with Munsters? Or is the Robert Winter post the only one?

When this thread started I looked my Munsters LE play field over carefully. I have one small bubble over at a left outlane post. Other than that my play field is pristine.

I definitely be interested in reading more posts about Munsters with this issue.

Got any more?

#5547 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are there more posts talking about this issue with Munsters? Or is the Robert Winter post the only one?

I have an AC/DC Luci VE with wrinkling around multiple posts and chipping around one, so I was just monitoring multiple threads where other pinheads are dealing with the same issue across multiple game titles, and I remembered this one post about the issue with this particular Munsters. I'm sorry as I don't have other Munster examples that I've seen. Ven mentioned "games" as in multiples in his post, so perhaps he knows of more than Robert's game in my link, and perhaps he can offer more evidence. What sayest thou Ven?

I should also say that I got my Luci a year and 2 months ago NIB, and at the initial inspection, there was no wrinkling/bubbling/pooling around posts of any kind, and I looked over everything with a fine tooth comb. I thought I was free and clear of defects, until all this talk of this issue made me think "I wonder if this occurs over time?", and to my horror, it appears it did in my case. So if you don't have this issue now, keep an eye on it. It's odd how some people have the issue out of the box and some like mine, seem to develop over time.

#5548 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I have an AC/DC Luci VE with wrinkling around multiple posts and chipping around one, so I was just monitoring multiple threads where other pinheads are dealing with the same issue across multiple game titles, and I remembered this one post about the issue with this particular Munsters. I'm sorry as I don't have other Munster examples that I've seen. Ven mentioned "games" as in multiples in his post, so perhaps he knows of more than Robert's game in my link, and perhaps he can offer more evidence. What sayest thou Ven?
I should also say that I got my Luci a year and 2 months ago NIB, and at the initial inspection, there was no wrinkling/bubbling/pooling around posts of any kind, and I looked over everything with a fine tooth comb. I thought I was free and clear of defects, until all this talk of this issue made me think "I wonder if this occurs over time?", and to my horror, it appears it did in my case. So if you don't have this issue now, keep an eye on it. It's odd how some people have the issue out of the box and some like mine, seem to develop over time.

OK. Thanks. I’ll keep an eagle on it but there is not much to do when happens, I suppose.

I have done the fingernail test in out of the way areas on mine and the clear is hard as a rock.

Opinions are all over the place for the cause(s). And my thoughts remain with that it is a rush to production with clear coat that is thicker than it needs to be.

#5549 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Call your distributor and try and get it replaced. That playfield is/was defective and they should replace it. No way that a HUO game or any game for that matter should have a chipping playfield in one year.

#5550 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Call your distributor and try and get it replaced. That playfield is/was defective and they should replace it. No way that a HUO game or any game for that matter should have a chipping playfield in one year.

I'm gonna try on Monday Who-Dey. The bummer is that Luci is no longer in production, so I bet there's no playfields laying around. Maybe if more Luci owners have this issue other than me, they'll run more. Can't hurt to try right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/111?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.