pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 237.
#5401 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Grab a beer then push the "ignore user" button on the avatar. Makes this place a whole lot nicer!

just a sad loser..... move on.... plenty of other web sites to pursue;....lol

#5402 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey! Jfh and his lovely wife were kind enough to sell me a beautiful autographed Munsters poster because I was to lazy and late to get one for myself so he's ok in my book. I suspect as this Was his childhood wish machine like BM66 he feels a bit let down with the end result which is understandable. Lets be a bit honest, I do like the game allot and Many aspects are simply perfect but there are many disappointing misses Clearly Stern could have addressed to take this from good to Great. Fingers crossed they still want this game to make Positive history.

I think jfh is fine too, and never bought anything from him..just lots of interaction. Munsters and BM66 are different games, but doesn't make one or the other bad. My analogy - I could go into another owner's club thread (say DI, a game I despise and has many "disappointing misses") and constantly talk it down....I'm a nice guy, but would be ripped apart.

Difference - jfh wants this game, I know it.....I don't want a DI, so I stay out of the club thread. Nothing they could do to that one that would make me buy it. He's voicing his hope that the code moves a bit because he wants one. This is why he still engages in the thread (just my opinion).

Venting is a fine line in a club thread, so I understand people getting pissed. Fortunately, most in this one love the game (me included) and rightfully so...

Point - Club threads are generally supposed to be positive in nature, but they'll always be a bit of this. He gets a bit harsh, but I'll bet a decent bottle of bourbon he eventually owns one....

#5403 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think jfh is fine too, and never bought anything from him..just lots of interaction. Munsters and BM66 are different games, but doesn't make one or the other bad. My analogy - I could go into another owner's club thread (say DI, a game I despise and has many "disappointing misses") and constantly talk it down....I'm a nice guy, but would be ripped apart.
Difference - jfh wants this game, I know it.....I don't want a DI, so I stay out of the club thread. Nothing they could do to that one that would make me buy it. He's voicing his hope that the code moves a bit because he wants one. This is why he still engages in the thread (just my opinion).
Venting is a fine line in a club thread, so I understand people getting pissed. Fortunately, most in this one love the game (me included) and rightfully so...
Point - Club threads are generally supposed to be positive in nature, but they'll always be a bit of this. He gets a bit harsh, but I'll bet a decent bottle of bourbon he eventually owns one....

Exactly, well put. He does seem like a very nice guy and can very well be disappointed with Dwight and Stern in general for making such a beautiful pin and not doing as much as possible with it. I guess just his approach is what sets a bit of folks off, I personally don't mind his criticism of the game as I have some myself however I agree all is welcomed to come in and comment on the title to hopefully make things better, but don't trash things to death on what other people really enjoy.

#5404 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Understand jfh frustration, as I too want the code to be improved with lots more show material content and character modes, not just at the end of a ball sequence. I’ve spoken directly with the powers at be and convinced they will do this, even though Dwight made a comment it was mostly done, to get people off his back about having another game unfinished (GB).

With over 70 shows and so much comedy content to be added into our fab Munsters game. I too believe sales are now sluggish, because of this issue (although I have no evidence). I’m sure to entice many more buyers (have numerous friends waiting to buy), Stern will do the right thing and add more to the code. The game deserves it unlike most others. I was told that people always cry for more code on every game, but this is not just any game, it’s a highly desirable IP (Monsters never get old), that deserves the best treatment like our Batman table has received.

#5405 4 years ago

delete

#5406 4 years ago

Very nice cards!

One request - can you make a color set that doesn't have the "Pro/Premium/LE Edition" text on it?

#5407 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Very nice cards!
One request - can you make a color set that doesn't have the "Pro/Premium/LE Edition" text on it?

color no text 3 (resized).JPGcolor no text 3 (resized).JPGcolor no text 1 (resized).JPGcolor no text 1 (resized).JPGcolor no text 2 (resized).JPGcolor no text 2 (resized).JPG
#5408 4 years ago

delete

#5409 4 years ago

delete

#5410 4 years ago

Love these!!!

Big thanks ...Will look great on my LE!!!

#5411 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I don't own the game, but wanted to share these if anyone needs to print any for their games. Hope you like them.

Thank you Coindropper, how generous of you. I have been looking for cards with art found on the Pro and Premium, since I have an LE.
These will look much better than the yellow cards it came with. Live Long and Prosper, Hillel

#5412 4 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Thank you Coindropper, how generous of you. I have been looking for cards with art found on the Pro and Premium, since I have an LE.
These will look much better than the yellow cards it came with. Live Long and Prosper, Hillel

How do you folks size and get these printed.???

#5413 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thanks!

#5414 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Understand jfh frustration, as I too want the code to be improved with lots more show material content and character modes, not just at the end of a ball sequence. I’ve spoken directly with the powers at be and convinced they will do this, even though Dwight made a comment it was mostly done, to get people off his back about having another game unfinished (GB).
With over 70 shows and so much comedy content to be added into our fab Munsters game. I too believe sales are now sluggish, because of this issue (although I have no evidence). I’m sure to entice many more buyers (have numerous friends waiting to buy), Stern will do the right thing and add more to the code. The game deserves it unlike most others. I was told that people always cry for more code on every game, but this is not just any game, it’s a highly desirable IP (Monsters never get old), that deserves the best treatment like our Batman table has received.

I'm sorry. All this talk about the code confuses me. You all talk about code and the first thing you start talking about how the video needs more scenes from the TV show added. Excuse me, but how is adding more video going to make the pin play any better? I'll ask this again: How does adding more video clips improve game play?

Hell, as soon as I have a game end I am pushing the start button to get a new game going NOW. I don't wish to have to watch and re-watch a a bunch of videos. I hammer that start button for play action. I hear the call outs as I am playing. I have them all memorized by now. But when I am playing my eyes are locked onto the play field. I don't need any more video.

You want more character modes? There are Herman, Spot, Lily, Grandpa, and Raven modes. What else are you looking for?

What are your friends waiting on the fence wanting to see?

What is it I am enjoying about this pin that others find lacking?

#5415 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How do you folks size and get these printed.???

These are formatted to 140x75mm, so should be exact size to print.

#5416 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm sorry. All this talk about the code confuses me. You all talk about code and the first thing you start talking about how the video needs more scenes from the TV show added. Excuse me, but how is adding more video going to make the pin play any better? I'll ask this again: How does adding more video clips improve game play?
Hell, as soon as I have a game end I am pushing the start button to get a new game going NOW. I don't wish to have to watch and re-watch a a bunch of videos. I hammer that start button for play action. I hear the call outs as I am playing. I have them all memorized by now. But when I am playing my eyes are locked onto the play field. I don't need any more video.
You want more character modes? There are Herman, Spot, Lily, Grandpa, and Raven modes. What else are you looking for?

Quoted from cottonm4:

This. 100 percent. The game is awesome, fast, fun, and unique. Piss on “the code needs updated” BS.

#5417 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much @Coindropper! These will look great on my Premium. These are awesome. Thanks neighbor!

#5418 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think Thunderbird just wants to see a few more movie clips to keep things from getting stale. The code needs a couple of small changes to improve things like the Lilly mode but it DEFINITELY does not need a major code overhaul like many people suggest because like you said, this game is freakin awesome already.

#5419 4 years ago

I just want more scenes because I love the Munsters and find them incredibly entertaining. Just looking for more fun. Hey, simple code on Monster Bash as well. Love getting the different phrases randomly from Drac, the Mummy and others, even though you're starting the same modes again and again. Hoping for something similar with Munsters.

No complaints here. Just enhancement.

#5420 4 years ago

I think I have a magnetic issue with my pin. I have purchased the carbon pinballs recommended but I still seem to have issues with magnetized balls.the most glaring locations are around the main orbit. I had two balls go missing during a multiball. Even managed to get an add a ball and it had no problem going around the orbit. Once I had drained all of the moving balls and the mode was still running I started looking and found these two balls stuck. Maybe it's the rail that is magnetized? They were really stuck there. I tilted trying to get them unstuck. Anyone else have this issue?

IMG_20190814_172103815_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20190814_172103815_HDR (resized).jpg
#5421 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I think I have a magnetic issue with my pin. I have purchased the carbon pinballs recommended but I still seem to have issues with magnetized balls.the most glaring locations are around the main orbit. I had two balls go missing during a multiball. Even managed to get an add a ball and it had no problem going around the orbit. Once I had drained all of the moving balls and the mode was still running I started looking and found these two balls stuck. Maybe it's the rail that is magnetized? They were really stuck there. I tilted trying to get them unstuck. Anyone else have this issue?[quoted image]

I dont believe ive ever had a ball get stuck there. I know this is a dumb question but is your bubble on the sight glass in the center of the gap? Also when leveled your game did you put the level on the playfield or the glass? It needs to be on the playfield. You may want to recheck it again also just to make sure that its not a leveling issue. Have you checked the balls out of the game against each other to be sure that they are in fact magnatized?

#5422 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply. The bubble is in the center, almost exactly, and I levelled it in several places with the glass off on the playfield using a incline meter and a bubble level as best I can. The one I bought is not extremely accurate but it is close to 6.5 degrees. It's between the 6 and 7. Also good for checking level.

https://www.amazon.com/Johnson-Level-Tool-Pitch-Locator/dp/B00002N7UH/

I'm not entirely sure how to best check the pinballs for magnetism. About a month ago I bought these pinballs to replace the ones from stern

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

This is all new to me as it's my first pin. Over all it's working great but feels like something is just not quite right.

IMG_20190814_232640658 (resized).jpgIMG_20190814_232640658 (resized).jpg
#5423 4 years ago

Take the balls out and put them on a table and see if they are magnetized. Should be easy to tell. They will stick together and move together when you move one of them.

#5424 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Thanks for the reply. The bubble is in the center, almost exactly, and I levelled it in several places with the glass off on the playfield using a incline meter and a bubble level as best I can. The one I bought is not extremely accurate but it is close to 6.5 degrees. It's between the 6 and 7. Also good for checking level.
amazon.com link »
I'm not entirely sure how to best check the pinballs for magnetism. About a month ago I bought these pinballs to replace the ones from stern
https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/
This is all new to me as it's my first pin. Over all it's working great but feels like something is just not quite right.[quoted image]

Not everyone’s favorite but I suggest getting the Free PinGuy app for your phone. Set it on the Playfield after calibration and do top and bottom of Playfield. If your at 6 that’s more then likely your issue. Just to slow. I set the app level to 6.8 personally and the game plays perfectly. I like free options.

#5425 4 years ago

Thanks, I'll give those suggestions a try tomorrow and report back

#5426 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not everyone’s favorite but I suggest getting the Free PinGuy app for your phone. Set it on the Playfield after calibration and do top and bottom of Playfield. If your at 6 that’s more then likely your issue. Just to slow. I set the app level to 6.8 personally and the game plays perfectly. I like free options.

Agree, works great and free. Started using on my Deadpool to level the Katana ramp shot and now use on every pin!!!

#5427 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dont you have to level that phone app though before using it? If so how do you know that the surface you sit it on to calibrate it is level?

I use this and its awesome.

Screenshot_2019-08-15-00-49-46-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-15-00-49-46-1 (resized).png
#5428 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

As one of those on the fence ...

More video won’t make the pin play better or improve game play. I think most agree the pin is a smooth shooter and fun to shoot. I don’t think adding more video without related game play changes helps much but since you can generally cancel out of a clip if you want to take not a big deal. Munsters is somewhat unique because a large percentage of the video assets are buried in the match sequences which always seemed an odd choice, especially in home use where match is generally irrelevant and most do just want to hit START again. And the match sequences are passive - you don’t have to work to get them.

In Batman you are essentially playing through an episode - the better you play the more video (and variety) you see. It enhances the theme integration. Munsters isn’t ever going to be “play the episodes” but integrating more clips into game play, especially those specific to particular characters, draws you into the game more by taking advantage of what most of us like about Munsters in the first place - the show, the actors, the situations. A lot of the clips during game play almost seem like an after thought, not necessarily integral to the game or character in play. Where’s Grandpa drag racing? Eddie, Marilyn, Lily moments related to their modes? (Someone put together a great list in another thread that provides much more detailed examples).

Borg spent a massive amount of time identifying clips that embody the joy of the show but the ‘throwback gameplay’ concept doesn’t really allow for their use. I would love to see more of his vision for theme integration. I want to see more character moments I have to work for playing the game not just watch more clips after the game is over. I have most of the existing game play videos memorized and I’m not a great player.

#5429 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Thunderbird just wants to see a few more movie clips to keep things from getting stale. The code needs a couple of small changes to improve things like the Lilly mode but it DEFINITELY does not need a major code overhaul like many people suggest because like you said, this game is freakin awesome already.

Who-Dey, you read my mind. Love the game as is, but if Stern added what all the holdouts want, as in more game related TV clips mode character related content, like Batman, it would become an all time classic pin. Current Munsters code is not simple, like MB is simple.

For the few people that don’t look up at the screen, a DMD era table is probably sufficient. The new modern LCD pinball tables, put us right into our favorite themes action, immersing us into the game play. Just like TV or movies are able to captivate their audiences.

#5430 4 years ago

Absolute steal right here. You would have to be an idiot not to buy this game if you like The Munsters. Best deal I've ever seen on a game probably.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-munsters-limited-edition-14

#5431 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Absolute steal right here. You would have to be an idiot not to buy this game if you like The Munsters. Best deal I've ever seen on a game probably.

wow. Wont last long

#5432 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

First time I wish I hadn't bought new, (If I would have only known- where is that crystal ball ??). Crazy price!

My only consolation is mine has zero issues and no flaws so. I need to be happy with that..as I'm sure "many" others have as well.
(Best excuse I can come up with for a ridicules price when I paid up for mine)

jfh how can you not take a chance here?? lol

#5433 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

wow. Wont last long

It's been listed for over 2 months...

#5434 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

jfh how can you not take a chance here?? lol

Don’t like the LE art package. Cancelled my LE order day 2 because of that, intending to get the Premium instead. I absolutely love the Premium (B&W) art.

#5435 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

but if Stern added what all the holdouts want, as in more game related TV clips mode character related content, like Batman, it would become an all time classic pin. ...
For the few people that don’t look up at the screen, a DMD era table is probably sufficient. The new modern LCD pinball tables, put us right into our favorite themes action, immersing us into the game play.

Bingo. Well said.

#5436 4 years ago

Changes to all cards. Deleted previous and uploaded with changes.

BW Card (resized).jpgBW Card (resized).jpgBW Card 2 (resized).jpgBW Card 2 (resized).jpgBW Coinage Card (resized).jpgBW Coinage Card (resized).jpgBW Rule Card (resized).jpgBW Rule Card (resized).jpgCard 1 (resized).JPGCard 1 (resized).JPGCard 2 (resized).JPGCard 2 (resized).JPGCard 3 (resized).jpgCard 3 (resized).jpgCard 4 (resized).jpgCard 4 (resized).jpgColor Coinage Card (resized).jpgColor Coinage Card (resized).jpgCusom LE 2 (resized).jpgCusom LE 2 (resized).jpgCustom Limited (resized).jpgCustom Limited (resized).jpgCustom Premium (resized).jpgCustom Premium (resized).jpgPrem-LE Rule Card 1 (resized).jpgPrem-LE Rule Card 1 (resized).jpgPrem-LE Rule Card 2 (resized).jpgPrem-LE Rule Card 2 (resized).jpgPrem-LE Rule Card 3 (resized).jpgPrem-LE Rule Card 3 (resized).jpgPro Rule Card 1 (resized).jpgPro Rule Card 1 (resized).jpgPro Rule Card 2 (resized).jpgPro Rule Card 2 (resized).jpg
#5437 4 years ago

You can also install "Clinometer" on your smart phone to level games. It's a free app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stfactory.clinometer&hl=en_US

#5438 4 years ago

i see clinometer, but dont see a pinguy app

#5439 4 years ago

I took the glass off and checked the incline. Looks to me like somewhere between 6 and 6.5. I gave it about 15 turns on each leg and rechecked. It's closer to 6.5-7 now. I tried the apps but I don't think my phones sensors are accurate enough as it was saying it was off level when my bubble level and incline was showing the playfield perfectly level. Might try my wife's phone when I have the glass off again. Will test it with the new incline to see if I continue to have the issue.

I did check the pinballs and they did not seem to be attracted to each other. Maybe it's a temporary magentism after being in the magnet? It does seem to happen most on herman multiball.

IMG_20190815_180758243 (resized).jpgIMG_20190815_180758243 (resized).jpgIMG_20190815_180846016 (resized).jpgIMG_20190815_180846016 (resized).jpg
#5440 4 years ago

Or a true inclinometer..( I use it for positioning /certifying audio line arrays at work...A bit of overkill here, but works like a champ)

In truth, you want to also verify true level from left to right as well as the pitch from back to front.

Everyone gets so wrapped up on pitch, I've seen many machines that simply aren't level...The little things...
IMG_20190815_191445228 (resized).jpgIMG_20190815_191445228 (resized).jpg

#5441 4 years ago

On thing to note about the phone app Clinometer - Make sure you use a flat side of your phone, with no on-off or volume buttons, or you get crappy results.

#5442 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've seen many machines that simply aren't level...The little things...

My biggest gripe when I go to TPF. Step up to a nice pin I have been wanting to play and it leans to the left or to the right.

#5443 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My biggest gripe when I go to TPF. Step up to a nice pin I have been wanting to play and it leans to the left or to the right.

Exactly....So important, yet so overlooked

#5444 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Totally agree, my mate and I attended TPF this year and found the same issue. Not sure why they aren't setup correctly.

#5445 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Totally agree, my mate and I attended TPF this year and found the same issue. Not sure why they aren't setup correctly.

It’s on the owners and organizers. If everyone isn’t in the same page on what’s expected and especially if enough time isn’t given for setup, things easily get overlooked.

I recommend trying to let the organizers or owner know the game needs leveled if you notice it.

Communication is key.

#5447 4 years ago

Wow!!! Identical to the Bradford exchange version...Minus ALOT of $$$... great find ( too late for me, sadly)

#5448 4 years ago

Wish my ceiling was taller . That lamp is awesome

#5449 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow!!! Identical to the Bradford exchange version...Minus ALOT of $$$... great find ( too late for me, sadly)

Same here, i paid 199.99 for mine....cough cough. This makes me want to cry almost. Lol

#5450 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Wish my ceiling was taller . That lamp is awesome

The lamp is only about 20 inches tall approximately and just sits on a end table. Your ceilings cant be that low.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/109?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.