pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 237.
#5351 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You got that right. I would definitely like to see that changed. They must think we are a bunch of 20 year olds with eyes like an eagle or something.

Too many old farts in this hobby!

Best thing to resolve this is for a callout to let you know how many super jackpots you have before they are awarded.

i.e. when the ball goes in to dragula machine says "you have 3 super jackpots" . Then you can decide if you want to collect or not. When you look at the screen the super jackpot count is gone anyway.

#5352 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Too many old farts in this hobby!
Best thing to resolve this is for a callout to let you know how many super jackpots you have before they are awarded.
i.e. when the ball goes in to dragula machine says "you have 3 super jackpots" . Then you can decide if you want to collect or not. When you look at the screen the super jackpot count is gone anyway.

Wait until you gat a Munster Madness going and the push button is lighting up red. Do you you keep hammering at the multi-balls or do you take your hand away from the flipper to cancel the jackpots?

You have some fast decisions to make in this game. To me, that is part of the allure with that push button. Do I do this? Do I do that? Oh, shit, i'm too late. I missed it.

#5353 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

To me, that is part of the allure with that push button. Do I do this? Do I do that? Oh, shit, i'm too late. I missed it.

Exactly.....something else that a lot of people don't understand about this game. I love having to cancel out the Suoer Jackpots during multiball, its fun as hell.

#5354 4 years ago

Update I received today on my topper (purchased from an authorized distro on e-bay):

Munsters Topper Update 8/9/19
Elliot, the designer of this topper, went over these that were returned with a fine tooth comb. There were revision made and they are actually building the new run starting Monday. ( they were waiting on parts etc) EVERY UNIT built will be tested ON A GAME before shipped. They said they are going to be extra cautious since so many had issues. They are 100% confident they found the issues. Long story short, there were mechanical updates to the Raven and assembly issues (wiring) as well. So as they build these the designer will be on the floor overseeing assembly and QC along with full and final testing. When Mark pressed them for an actual ship date they leaned more into the following week so they could run and test these on actual test games. They simply don't want another mess on their hands. These updated units will be shipped direct to you from Stern. Let me know if you have any questions. By the way, if you would like to contact Mark direct his email is [email protected]. just put Munsters Topper Update in the heading.

#5355 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Update I received today on my topper (purchased from an authorized distro on e-bay):
Elliot, the designer of this topper, went over these that were returned with a fine tooth comb. There were revision made and they are actually building the new run starting Monday. ( they were waiting on parts etc) EVERY UNIT built will be tested ON A GAME before shipped. They said they are going to be extra cautious since so many had issues. They are 100% confident they found the issues. Long story short, there were mechanical updates to the Raven and assembly issues (wiring) as well. So as they build these the designer will be on the floor overseeing assembly and QC along with full and final testing. When Mark pressed them for an actual ship date they leaned more into the following week so they could run and test these on actual test games. They simply don't want another mess on their hands. These updated units will be shipped direct to you from Stern. Let me know if you have any questions. By the way, if you would like to contact Mark direct his email is [email protected]. just put Munsters Topper Update in the heading.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully they will be good when we recieve them this time.

#5356 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I heard from my distributor as well who stated that they anticipate shipping “by the end of the month”

#5357 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

How is it MK6PIN ?

#5358 4 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

I heard from my distributor as well who stated that they anticipate shipping “by the end of the month”

He said "target ship date from Stern was week of 8/19"

#5359 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How is it mk6pin ?

Different "Mark" lol...I won't know until I get it back....I do think this will be amazing w the bugs sorted...

#5360 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So, they are getting religion on the production line.

#5361 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Different "Mark" lol...I won't know until I get it back....I do think this will be amazing w the bugs sorted...

Lol, misread the post as “today I received my topper.” Was wondering why you were going into all this detail about how they fixed it but not telling us how it is.

#5362 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Wait until you gat a Munster Madness going and the push button is lighting up red. Do you you keep hammering at the multi-balls or do you take your hand away from the flipper to cancel the jackpots?
You have some fast decisions to make in this game. To me, that is part of the allure with that push button. Do I do this? Do I do that? Oh, shit, i'm too late. I missed it.

What normally happens to us in Munster madness is lose all the balls on both playfields and miss the zap button! Fantastic game, we love it!

#5363 4 years ago

Check out song by Fallout Boys called Uma Thurman Sounds very familar?This might be old news,but my son just played this

#5364 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Check out song by Fallout Boys called Uma Thurman Sounds very familar?This might be old news,but my son just played this

Huh???

#5365 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Agree! Nice

...."This was a fun song to write. originally, when we came up with the idea, and there was this sample in it, which is a sample from The Munsters TV show, people kept saying “oh cool, like Quentin Tarantino, cool” when we played it. We decided why don’t we kind of create this world around that? To me, Uma Thurman and Winona Ryder, they were these women in pop culture who were quirky, but that made me only crush on them harder. and rather than going with the traditional Uma Thurman role, we thought a lot about Kill Billand who her character was in that, and this kind of resilience and this violence, but there’s something that’s authentic about it (like a woman taking revenge or being empowered). so that’s what the chorus of the song’s about, and the verses are what you would do to try and capture this woman’s affection."— bassist/lyricist Pete Wentz.[10]

#5366 4 years ago

Too cool,thanks for the insight!

#5367 4 years ago

Doug ( DugFreez ) now has a NEW version - Speaker Ring lights !!!!!

Ask him about those - they have not hit the website yet.

Of course, you can get in multiple color plastics, etc!

1D7677E3-6D64-43B4-849F-91F7ED31C5BF (resized).png1D7677E3-6D64-43B4-849F-91F7ED31C5BF (resized).png
#5368 4 years ago
1A471F96-D1D6-48B2-856B-8FF8F12C1E09 (resized).jpeg1A471F96-D1D6-48B2-856B-8FF8F12C1E09 (resized).jpeg
#5369 4 years ago

My apologies if this has been addressed but from what I can tell plenty of distributers have plenty of Munsters NIB just sitting around for all models minus the LE... Just wondering, since I don't have enough experience with this myself, how long most distributers sit on these games before they start offering substantial discounts? I know I can get one used right now for less, and sometimes substantially less, than the current NIB retail price but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask what history tells us in these situations.

Thanks,
Jeff

#5370 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

My apologies if this has been addressed but from what I can tell plenty of distributers have plenty of Munsters NIB just sitting around for all models minus the LE... Just wondering, since I don't have enough experience with this myself, how long most distributers sit on these games before they start offering substantial discounts? I know I can get one used right now for less, and sometimes substantially less, than the current NIB retail price but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask what history tells us in these situations.
Thanks,
Jeff

You’re not going to get a discount on a NIB game. There are lots of titles still sitting at distros that are much older than Munsters and they arent discounted either. This game is not some horrible game sitting around that they will never be able to sell, wishful thinking though.

#5371 4 years ago

Munsters continues to amaze me how good it is on all levels. Happy now that it has been confirmed more love for Munsters is coming too! With the new code, sure it will become the classic it has always been destined to become.

#5372 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You’re not going to get a discount on a NIB game. There are lots of titles still sitting at distros that are much older than Munsters and they arent discounted either. This game is not some horrible game sitting around that they will never be able to sell, wishful thinking though.

No worries, I just didn't know as I haven't been in the hobby long enough to see how something like this might play out. Thanks!

Jeff

#5373 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

No worries, I just didn't know as I haven't been in the hobby long enough to see how something like this might play out. Thanks!
Jeff

I sure wish that they did do that and it seems like that they eventually would on some old titles that just dont sell well but Munsters is nowhere near that point yet. This game is still a new game.

#5374 4 years ago

I don't know "plenty of distributers" having "plenty" of anything just sitting around. Most of these people do it for love of the hobby and don't have the money to just have several of one type machine sitting around.

#5375 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Happy now that it has been confirmed more love for Munsters is coming too! With the new code, sure it will become the classic it has always been destined to become.

Did I miss an announcement or something?

#5376 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Did I miss an announcement or something?

No official announcement yet, because they don’t have a timeline for when it will be done.

#5377 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters continues to amaze me how good it is on all levels. Happy now that it has been confirmed more love for Munsters is coming too! With the new code, sure it will become the classic it has always been destined to become.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

No official announcement yet, because they don’t have a timeline for when it will be done.

My thinking is that is not official until it is confirmed by Stern. In public.

#5378 4 years ago

Hi all,haven't been on forum for over a week, life gets in the way. But I have a problem with my Munster LE, need some advice. the pop up bumper on the right hand side of the group of three up top has started firing off at random times. At first it was once or twice during a game. Tonight, it was firing off every 5 to 10 seconds. Gonna take the glass off this weekend for its monthly playfield waxing, was hoping someone can give good advice on fixing the bumper while I am cleaning the playfield. Thanks!

#5379 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Hi all,haven't been on forum for over a week, life gets in the way. But I have a problem with my Munster LE, need some advice. the pop up bumper on the right hand side of the group of three up top has started firing off at random times. At first it was once or twice during a game. Tonight, it was firing off every 5 to 10 seconds. Gonna take the glass off this weekend for its monthly playfield waxing, was hoping someone can give good advice on fixing the bumper while I am cleaning the playfield. Thanks!

Lift the playfield in full upright position so that the apron with the instruction cards is resting on the top of the backbox.

Then you need to find the underside of the pop bumper in question. Once located there will be a metal leaf switch underneath the pop bumper that needs to have its two leads spread further apart. Right now they are too close. You can use a small flat head screw driver to help pry the bottom leaf away from the top leaf. Or use an actual switch adjustment tool.

I circled it in green below.

D803A7ED-B81A-467E-86B1-694A07B76DE3 (resized).jpegD803A7ED-B81A-467E-86B1-694A07B76DE3 (resized).jpeg
#5380 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lift the playfield in full upright position so that the apron with the instruction cards is resting on the top of the backbox.
Then you need to find the underside of the pop bumper in question. Once located there will be a metal leaf switch underneath the pop bumper that needs to have its two leads spread further apart. Right now they are too close. You can use a small flat head screw driver to help pry the bottom leaf away from the top leaf. Or use an actual switch adjustment tool.
I circled it in green below.[quoted image]

Sweet, will fix it this weekend. Appreciate the quick response!

#5381 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Contrary to what some say - if you call around you can indeed get a discount on a NIB Munsters. Distributors don’t make money holding on to excess stock (with rare exceptions). They buy the games from Stern in hopes they will sell through ASAP (in many cases drop shipping them). You will have to call - no one will put it in writing.

However, you will get a far more significant discount buying used and won’t pay tax (in most cases). If you want the game and like the current code consider this route.

I would not buy the game (new or used) based on the rumor that there might be a significant code update. Assume the code is essentially done. If something does come out, that’s a bonus but Stern won’t even consider a significant code update unless they are pressured by the dealers sitting on excess inventory (Stern has already sold produced games and supposedly cancelled another run due to lack of new demand).

#5382 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Contrary to what some say - if you call around you can indeed get a discount on a NIB Munsters. Distributors don’t make money holding on to excess stock (with rare exceptions). They buy the games from Stern in hopes they will sell through ASAP (in many cases drop shipping them). You will have to call - no one will put it in writing.
However, you will get a far more significant discount buying used and won’t pay tax (in most cases). If you want the game and like the current code consider this route.
I would not buy the game (new or used) based on the rumor that there might be a significant code update. Assume the code is essentially done. If something does come out, that’s a bonus but Stern won’t even consider a significant code update unless they are pressured by the dealers sitting on excess inventory (Stern has already sold produced games and supposedly cancelled another run due to lack of new demand).

Broken record. jfh you seem like a reasonable guy in other threads but I don’t understand why are you trolling this thread, which is for people who like or own Munsters, with your passive aggressive posts when you neither like nor own the game?

#5383 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Broken record. jfh you seem like a reasonable guy in other threads but I don’t understand why are you trolling this thread, which is for people who like or own Munsters, with your passive aggressive posts when you neither like or own the game?

No f*cking shit, why is he even here???

#5384 4 years ago

...Agreed, take negative posts out of owners thread. Don’t want to read or see negative comments here, @jfh. Negative comments are best, posted in the worse code ever thread. No one will care there.

So silly that people all want to love such a great table as Munsters, which hits on all cylinders for sure. No one really understands or knows that until they own the machine. I’ve come to the point of playing it enough to say that it stands as my family and my favorite game of all time. It’s the only game my wife goes back to again and again. All of our other great games, she has played only a couple of times ever. Our children and guests pick it over all our other tables as well. Go Munsters!

#5385 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

I know someone who has a NiB, I sent you a pm but it’s not as cheap as a used can be

#5386 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern has already sold produced games and supposedly cancelled another run due to lack of new demand

and yet another hearsay statement.......

Please show the facts that support such statement otherwise it's just more jibba jabba lip service.

#5387 4 years ago

I think there's someone that enjoys being a turd in the pool.

#5388 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Broken record. jfh you seem like a reasonable guy in other threads but I don’t understand why are you trolling this thread, which is for people who like or own Munsters, with your passive aggressive posts when you neither like nor own the game?

Then, by your definition, there’s nothing wrong with my posts here. Munsters was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I was an early reviewer of Munsters with very positive comments. Was in on an LE day 2. I absolutely want a BW Premium and really hope there is a code update that makes use of the assets Borg spent a year identifying to give us the theme integration the game deserves. I’ll be a buyer at that point and almost certainly NIB.

It’s pretty sad that owners who have the game seem to have a problem with the fact the game hasn’t sold well since the initial surge or that someone would suggest buying used and/or not buying a game based on a hope of future code.

Munsters should have been a monster hit for Stern. Great shooter (despite the monotargets), great art, terrific theme. If there is a code update in the future that improves the theme integration and addresses some of the one trick pony concerns, I suspect sales will pick up again much like happened with Batman after it was clear where Lyman was taking the code.

#5389 4 years ago

Please show the facts that support such statement otherwise it's just more jibba jabba lip service.

Stern doesn’t sell direct (except for the initial Batman SLEs). They manufacture the games which are sold to distributors. We are not their customers (read the warranty). They don’t keep them “in stock”. When a run is planned, distributors put in orders. If there isn’t enough interest, the run is scaled back. If there is significant demand, additional runs are scheduled (e.g. Batman Premiums, Star Trek Last Voyage, etc.) and there is a “last run” interest call before Stern moves on from a current license.

#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern doesn’t sell direct (except for the initial Batman SLEs). They manufacture the games which are sold to distributors. We are not their customers (read the warranty). They don’t keep them “in stock”. When a run is planned, distributors put in orders. If there isn’t enough interest, the run is scaled back. If there is significant demand, additional runs are scheduled (e.g. Batman Premiums, Star Trek Last Voyage, etc.) and there is a “last run” interest call before Stern moves on from a current license.

But where is the cancelled run call due to lack of sales, that's what you stated and all I ask is where is that fact stated? Stern's website, notification letter to distributors etc...

Of course older titles when they run their course they get last call run's and when the market has had it's fill with a title they scale back production that's normal but that's a far cry and different horse from cancelled.

So thus far my question was not answered.

#5391 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No f*cking shit, why is he even here???

Hey! Jfh and his lovely wife were kind enough to sell me a beautiful autographed Munsters poster because I was to lazy and late to get one for myself so he's ok in my book. I suspect as this Was his childhood wish machine like BM66 he feels a bit let down with the end result which is understandable. Lets be a bit honest, I do like the game allot and Many aspects are simply perfect but there are many disappointing misses Clearly Stern could have addressed to take this from good to Great. Fingers crossed they still want this game to make Positive history.

#5392 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then, by your definition, there’s nothing wrong with my posts here. Munsters was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I was an early reviewer of Munsters with very positive comments. Was in on an LE day 2. I absolutely want a BW Premium and really hope there is a code update that makes use of the assets Borg spent a year identifying to give us the theme integration the game deserves. I’ll be a buyer at that point and almost certainly NIB.
It’s pretty sad that owners who have the game seem to have a problem with the fact the game hasn’t sold well since the initial surge or that someone would suggest buying used and/or not buying a game based on a hope of future code.
Munsters should have been a monster hit for Stern. Great shooter (despite the monotargets), great art, terrific theme. If there is a code update in the future that improves the theme integration and addresses some of the one trick pony concerns, I suspect sales will pick up again much like happened with Batman after it was clear where Lyman was taking the code.

This is the owners thread dude. You don’t own the game and obviously don’t like it. We do. So get the f*#@ out of this thread and spew in another one where it is appropriate.

#5393 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

he feels a bit let down with the end result which is understandable.

Thats why he needs to move on, because this game is what it is and its not getting a major code overhaul like he’s wanting. I feel the same way about BM66 as he does Munsters but you don't see me over in the BM66 thread crying all the time because the game didn’t turn out to be what i wanted it to be. I just accepted it and moved on.

#5394 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am sure you are a good person and passionate about pinball. There is already a thread for all this complaining about the code. I am sure that thread is filled with people like yourself (all 5 of you) that do not like the game and code for whatever reason. You can complain, bitch, piss and moan as much as you like there.

Kindly respect the owners and fans on this thread.

#5395 4 years ago

But where is the cancelled run call due to lack of sales,

You’re never going to see that posted publicly and I’m not going to share my sources because they would never talk to me again.

My feelings aren’t going to be hurt if you don’t believe that Munsters sales are flat since the initial rush and Dwight’s code comment. Funny that you choose to jump on that and not other comments (also not official) implying that Stern has heard us and a big update is coming. I would expect to see something like that in the SOTU newsletter.

And - what difference does it make? It doesn’t change how many units have been/will be sold (and no, I don’t know total numbers).

I’ve said many times buy a game because you like how it is at time of purchase not what you hope it becomes. People shouldn’t have a problem with that nor be worried about sales levels. As long as everyone who wants a game can (reasonably) get one, who cares how many are sold? No one should base their decision to buy solely based on the opinions of others. I’ve done absolutely nothing to discourage anyone from buying Munsters (or any other game) nor would I. But I don’t have blinders on either.

As for buying new or used, I tend to buy NIB when possible to support my local distributor and have never played the sales tax games. But with the current secondary market for Munsters what it is, that’s where I suggest those interested in buying a game look.

#5396 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You’re never going to see that posted publicly and I’m not going to share my sources because they would never talk to me again.
My feelings aren’t going to be hurt if you don’t believe that Munsters sales are flat since the initial rush and Dwight’s code comment. Funny that you choose to jump on that and not other comments (also not official) implying that Stern has heard us and a big update is coming. I would expect to see something like that in the SOTU newsletter.
And - what difference does it make? It doesn’t change how many units have been/will be sold (and no, I don’t know total numbers).
I’ve said many times buy a game because you like how it is at time of purchase not what you hope it becomes. People shouldn’t have a problem with that nor be worried about sales levels. As long as everyone who wants a game can (reasonably) get one, who cares how many are sold? No one should base their decision to buy solely based on the opinions of others. I’ve done absolutely nothing to discourage anyone from buying Munsters (or any other game) nor would I. But I don’t have blinders on either.
As for buying new or used, I tend to buy NIB when possible to support my local distributor and have never played the sales tax games. But with the current secondary market for Munsters what it is, that’s where I suggest those interested in buying a game look.

my god... how much time are you going to waste griping about a game you don't own... sad

#5397 4 years ago

On another note...looking forward to the new toppers being shipped in the next week or so. If they have corrected the bugs, this will be the most interactive topper of any machine I own.....very excited!!!

Played the game extensively again last night (it's now competing w my honeymoon over TWDLE that showed up)...had a blast!!!

My focus of late is to keep the ball(s) going in the lab as long as possible....you can really get sucked in down there and play some real pinball..it is SO different than anything else I'm playing. a very fun pin!!!

#5398 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

my god... how much time are you going to waste griping about a game you don't own... sad

Grab a beer then push the "ignore user" button on the avatar. Makes this place a whole lot nicer!

#5399 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Quoted from jfh:

. I’ve done absolutely nothing to discourage anyone from buying Munsters (or any other game) nor would I.

#5400 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Grab a beer then push the "ignore user" button on the avatar. Makes this place a whole lot nicer!

I did that but still have to see the quoted posts.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.