IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 237.
#5301 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Apologies for bringing that cr*p in here. Was to make a point like yours - that I don’t understand the hate on this game that seems to permeate every thread in Pinside, even if it’s not a Munsters thread, and seems to be the only game where people feel the need to create new hate threads about it. It’s even on the Facebook enthusiast threads - people personally insulting Dwight Sulllivan.
But bringing it in here just creates more negativity.
Back to Munsters fun.
Had a huge Munster Madness yesterday and afterwards had 8 jackpots ready with 6x running. Was at 210m before the jackpots.......and drained!!!!!!!!!
I might start a hate post on Facebook accusing Dwight of robbing me of my high score.

You're making that crap up and should apologize for that to the people you're flaming.

#5302 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You're making that crap up and should apologize for that to the people you're flaming.

Sent a pm instead.

Thread doesn’t need any more cr*p.

#5303 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Just so you know, I know Cooked71 and he doesn’t make stuff up and is a positive pinball enthusiast. Glad he is here. Think there might be a misunderstanding going on here.

#5304 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Just so you know, I know Cooked71 and he doesn’t make stuff up and is a positive pinball enthusiast. Glad he is here. Think there might be a misunderstanding going on here.

Thanks Thunderbird .

#5305 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Tell John that ole Who Dey is one of his biggest fans! Four of the seven games that i own are designed by him. I love how his games shoot.

We have a borg strong lineup too. I didn’t even realize it until a couple nights ago. It use to be Lawlor heavy but the family likes how John’s designs shoot.

#5306 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Tell John that ole Who Dey is one of his biggest fans! Four of the seven games that i own are designed by him. I love how his games shoot.

Also, tell him to make a Jonny Quest pin !!!

#5307 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I would so be in on a Johnny Quest pinball machine. How fab would that be?

Count me in for an LE right now!!

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Tell him he did a damn fine job on the Munsters as well! Now just a little more code and we'll be over the moon.

#5309 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

J Borg the man lives on the same Block as me

Ring his bell and tell him to kick Dwight in the ass to have him make some tweaks and adds into the code for this dream title of John's and the rest of us

Glad to hear another one is back in the club.

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It doesn’t get any better than Munsters and Batman lined up together!!

Unless we throw it back to 1993 and add a little John Borg designed TFTC

IMG_7011 (resized).jpgIMG_7011 (resized).jpg
#5311 4 years ago

Celebrities have a saying the only bad publicity is no publicity.

Between this thread and Munsters is no good thread the number of posts is over 6000. That’s a lot of publicity.

IIRC, 2 or 3 people found about Munsters via these 2 threads and ended up buying one.

Others say they will stay away from code they feel is lacking. But that carries less weight than when someone lays their money down.

#5312 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am Certain he appreciates hearing that. I can say he still has the passion and enthusiasm to build the best game he can and really cares about the end users experience granted pinball manufacturing is moving at a much faster pace and margins are at higher demand he still hasn’t excepted comprise to push a product out. It truly is an honor when he comes over and you won’t meet a more humble or sincere guy. He doesn’t claw for praise but I am sure he appreciates knowing his efforts and creations of art are still enjoyed. For some of the haters (of any title or effort) do know these comments are often seen even if not acknowledged and a rather tough blow to individuals (not just the designer) that are doing all they can to give you their best possible effort. Sadly for possibly company policy they are not allowed to defend themselves. I (as they) wish they had Unlimited time and funds to always create miracle pins but often that is not the case sadly. Loving this pin just need to master that dam Zap button!! Lol

#5313 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am Certain he appreciates hearing that. I can say he still has the passion and enthusiasm to build the best game he can and really cares about the end users experience granted pinball manufacturing is moving at a much faster pace and margins are at higher demand he still hasn’t excepted comprise to push a product out. It truly is an honor when he comes over and you won’t meet a more humble or sincere guy. He doesn’t claw for praise but I am sure he appreciates knowing his efforts and creations of art are still enjoyed. For some of the haters (of any title or effort) do know these comments are often seen even if not acknowledged and a rather tough blow to individuals (not just the designer) that are doing all they can to give you their best possible effort. Sadly for possibly company policy they are not allowed to defend themselves. I (as they) wish they had Unlimited time and funds to always create miracle pins but often that is not the case sadly. Loving this pin just need to master that dam Zap button!! Lol

He sure gets a thumbs up from me. Those two ramps are killer !

#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Only met him once ( in Chicago) some years back...Very evident his passion, skill and genuine love of the hobby far exceeded whatever he was achieving fiscally.

You could tell w many of the interviews, clips, etc. that he cared greatly about Munsters ( and am sure still does).

For me, it's a great machine...actually, an amazing machine, w the integration of the lower pf and the overall experience. A fun beautiful game that will stand the test of time.

It's rare that I ever engage heavily in the fanboy or hate threads...Not that I don't want to on occasion.

#5315 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For some of the haters (of any title or effort) do know these comments are often seen even if not acknowledged and a rather tough blow to individuals (not just the designer) that are doing all they can to give you their best possible effort.

Messages can be precise and conveyed w brevity...something I work on quite often when posting on this forum, and in my professional career. My success rate varies.

Munsters aside ( as it is a gem to me), there have been several areas where callouts would be warranted and even justified, but nothing to be gained ultimately.

I'm certain that the people behind the games and "efforts" hear quite a bit of the chatter, yet choose a non confrontational approach.

Equally, many that end up paying $$$ for the same ( or even just listening to it) also choose the same path. I've bitten my tongue many, many times in this area.

I'm fortunate to have great relationships w several very prominent members of our hobby, and they have helped me navigate the waters.

Anyway...Enjoy the game ( that zap button particularly hard when on lower pf...Whew)

#5316 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

( that zap button particularly hard when on lower pf...Whew)

I hit it with my knee and keep on flippin at the same time. Lol

#5317 4 years ago

or for us taller people- ......... lmao

#5318 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He gets two thumbs up from me as well. You can also tell him that Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is brilliant and I love it, too!

Does anyone know why at the end of ball sequence as the cars are frantically pulling out of the drive-in movie, one car that drives off explodes into the hillside? Seems like a strange effect...

#5319 4 years ago

Went to Cracker Barrel today and saw this...

https://shop.crackerbarrel.com/home-furniture/home-decor/clocks/animated-raven-cuckoo-clock/680184

This is really nice could be used as a inexpensive topper.(and it actually works)...Even has the hands!! $42.99
Raven pops out, hands spin, lights up, sounds. Good size check it out.
Looks better in person
7.48" x 5.12" x 13.19"
I'm thinking Velcro on the feet

Sound and motion activated
raven (resized).jpgraven (resized).jpg

#5320 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Does anyone know why at the end of ball sequence as the cars are frantically pulling out of the drive-in movie, one car that drives off explodes into the hillside? Seems like a strange effect...

Thanks for asking that question. It is a strange end of ball sequence.

#5321 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks for asking that question. It is a strange end of ball sequence.

I get the sequence although...because the exploding car, is your ball blowing up ending the round. Fun sequence, I just wish they had a few more varying endings, like Dwight did for Star Wars. Plenty of material for that.

#5322 4 years ago

I've added tons of mods to my Munsters, but today I moved it to the gift store horror party room of our haunted house. Check it out!

Looks pretty good there wouldn't you say?

IMG_4822 (resized).jpgIMG_4822 (resized).jpgIMG_4824 (resized).jpgIMG_4824 (resized).jpgIMG_4837 (resized).jpgIMG_4837 (resized).jpgIMG_4838 (resized).jpgIMG_4838 (resized).jpgIMG_4839 (resized).jpgIMG_4839 (resized).jpg
#5323 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I've added tons of mods to my Munsters, but today I moved it to the gift store horror party room of our haunted house. Check it out!
Looks pretty good there wouldn't you say?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

AWESOME! Even more impressive is the Kenneth Strickfaden electric chair you’ve got going on there. Wow.

#5324 4 years ago

Looks great. Very cool display.

#5325 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

AWESOME! Even more impressive is the Kenneth Strickfaden electric chair you’ve got going on there. Wow

Thanks come by maybe we'll do a FREE PLAY Halloween party for anyone who wants to stop by. I bought pretty much every mod avail I'm a HUGE sucker for mods for almost all games.

Quoted from JMK:

Looks great. Very cool display.

Thanks a ton! Come by!

#5326 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I moved it to the gift store horror party room of our haunted house

Love to hear about the Haunted House, we do one every year in a 3200 sq ft basement and design the walk through sections with new themes and props every year. It's a labor of love that we kick off starting Sept 1st.

#5327 4 years ago

Has anyone heard any news on the Toppers?

#5328 4 years ago

Has anyone figured out the secret mania mode yet? Also, does anyone know what the dot pattern does on the bottom right of the screen? It changes patterns as you press flipper buttons...

#5329 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Has anyone heard any news on the Toppers?

It exists and you can buy it Sterns website.

Wasn't it advertised?
I saw it when I looked if the BKSoR side armor is out and wondered that the Munsters Topper it is allready available.

#5330 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You have no idea how many units this game has sold. Its obviously not a theme that appeals to the masses but i am pretty sure that the initial sales were very strong. This game is fun as hell and its addicting and it never gets old.

You don’t know what I know.

But you are correct - the initial sales were strong (and exceeded expectations) but have been flat ever since.

I’m glad you like the game. But your incessant pumping in every Munsters thread is getting old and smacks of desperation. Enjoy your game and let’s see what Stern does. Sales will correct if the code gets a decent update. Way too many people waiting to buy.

If not, owners that enjoy the game still have the game they have today. The game may never get old for you. But it clearly got old quickly for the owners that sold their games after a couple hundred games or even less and the location owners who saw coin drop plummet not long after the 1.0 release.

Ask any distributors you know. I’ll bet every one of them will tell you they could sell dozens more to people on the fence. I know seven people (including myself) within 30 miles of me waiting to buy a game. Think about it - that’s an incredible number.

#5331 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But your incessant pumping in every Munsters thread is getting old and smacks of desperation

Not even close to being desperate, i truly LOVE this game and cant get enough of it just like many other owners do. I don't pump it up because i want people to buy it, i could care less about that. I pump it up because its a killer game and I’ll never feel bad or wrong about doing so. With that being said though i always tell people to go play the game if they can and decide for themselves. I try to explain the rules to them so they can have an idea of why that i think the game is so good and the rest is on them. This game is very “meh” if you just walk up to one without understanding the rules and what it is you’re trying to achieve.

#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

smacks of desperation.

What on earth would Who-Dey have to be desperate about???? Desperate that he bought and owns a game he loves??

#5333 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It exists and you can buy it Sterns website.
Wasn't it advertised?
I saw it when I looked if the BKSoR side armor is out and wondered that the Munsters Topper it is allready available.

Yes, they were released, and pretty much every one had serious operational issues, so they've all been returned, and we're waiting on replacements, so I was wondering if anyone has heard any news on when the replacments will be sent out?

#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Yes, they were released, and pretty much every one had serious operational issues, so they've all been returned, and we're waiting on replacements, so I was wondering if anyone has heard any news on when the replacments will be sent out?

I have only heard that they are sending me a new one but thats been a couple weeks ago now and i still havent recieved it yet. Im ok with it though as long as they send me one that works this time.

#5335 4 years ago

I've got over 1000 plays on mine already and we are loving it. I can get to the first Munster madness occasionally but that is not usually my goal on this game. I have only once got close to Munster madness 2 but never started it. That was my only 15 plus minute game. Most of them are in the 5-10 minute. Most nights I play over an hour just to see midnight madness. There is always something to keep me dropping quarters in. I don't set mine to Freeplay because that breaks one of my main goals of playing pinball. Get replays. My highest gc is only 189 million but the replay is over 50 mil now. My son is not so happy about that one

We love this game and no Munster madness is not the wizard mode goal. Once I explain to people how to play and score points they love it.

#5336 4 years ago

I had a couple of early minor gripes. But i got used to what was bothering me and all is well, save one thing. And it is for the complete Stern lineup; Not just Munsters.

I do not care for the electronic knocker at all. I'd pay a little extra for a real knocker. Maybe Stern could make the knocker an option sort of like a shaker motor. I have a couple of extra knockers lying around that I could use but have no idea if one could ever be wired in.

#5337 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I had a couple of early minor gripes. But i got used to what was bothering me and all is well, save one thing. And it is for the complete Stern lineup; Not just Munsters.
I do not care for the electronic knocker at all. I'd pay a little extra for a real knocker. Maybe Stern could make the knocker an option sort of like a shaker motor. I have a couple of extra knockers lying around that I could use but have no idea if one could ever be wired in.

I turn mine off in the settings on all of my games. I love knockers but not the ones in pinball machines.

#5338 4 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

Worth every penny. Have them on all our spike games...

pbl-100-0059-00_300x166 (resized).jpgpbl-100-0059-00_300x166 (resized).jpg
#5339 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Worth every penny. Have them on all our spike games...[quoted image]

Now your are talking. How difficult to install? Is it plug-n-play? I'm not cutting any wires; No mod is worth that to me.

#5340 4 years ago

Plug and play. No cutting.
1. Mount their board below the Node board on the front left.
2. Take power out of the Node and plug in to their board.
3. Plug the knocker in to their board. Terry told me to mount it straight back against the the far left rear cabinet, near leg bolts. It's much louder than the original recommendation of against the right side of the cross brace (behind the coin box).
4. Then use the patch cable to run power from their board back in to the node.
5. Turn the knocker volume "Off" in the settings. No more screech!
6. Add "Knocker" in options in settings.
Done!

#5341 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Looks pretty good there wouldn't you say?

That’s a great looking Tim Curry! Makes the pin look puny!

#5342 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Worth every penny. Have them on all our spike games...[quoted image]

Man, I know it is!!! Just afraid after I do it to one, I then have a row of Stern's behind it to do (ugh)

Kind of like that new shaker kit. I want it so bad, but then I don't...my laziness is showing...

#5343 4 years ago

Kinda bummed. I was playing tonight and noticed that I have a small chip on my playfield near the scoop cliffy...I hope I don't get more or it gets worse. I love the game but am disappointed in the engineering of the scoop...too many rejects, as you can see my mylar needs to be replaced...

20190807_191322 (resized).jpg20190807_191322 (resized).jpg
#5344 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What on earth would who-dey have to be desperate about???? Desperate that he bought and owns a game he loves??

Perhaps that was the wrong choice of word, but you both obviously missed the point. Munsters as it sits now is a failure from both a sales and location point of view. The good news is that it has a great theme, it’s a good shooter and there seems to be a large number of potential buyers waiting to see if Stern does anything with the code. If Stern is planning a significant code update that’s further evidence that the “90s level code” idea was a flop and sales haven’t met projections.

That shouldn’t concern any owner who loves the game as it is today, just those still waiting to see if the code improves. Unlike Batman 66 where buyers knew it was going to be a long process to completion, Stern effectively came out and said “it’s done” shortly after release and the unofficial comments from Stern saying more good stuff is coming is veiled marketing speak telling people what they want to hear. Unless we see it announced in Stern of the Union the only reasonable assumption is that the game is essentially done.

#5345 4 years ago

Wow what a great game! My local arcade (Flippers in Grandy, NC) recently added their 2nd Munsters.

#5346 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

waiting to see if Stern does anything with the code. If Stern is planning a significant code update that’s further evidence that the “90s level code” idea was a flop and sales haven’t met projections.

well one can only hope!
Just dont take 3 years to do it.

#5347 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

well one can only hope!
Just dont take 3 years to do it.

Have it on a very reliable source it is happening with more love for Munsters in the vain of what we are all looking for. It was not told to me as sales hype, as I’m already an owner. They don’t need to sell me, because I’m sold. I’ve always known Stern will not let one of their top IPs stop at 1.0 and say it’s essentially done. Only Dwight said that in defense of so many blasting him about GB. He made a statement to get people off his back about Munsters too. Don’t worry, there is more awesome code coming for sure on an already fun and exciting game. It’s my family and friends favorite already. Come on, they’re not going to do a big update on 2 (GOT & GB) games not even being sold now and forget one of their top ones in their current stable for the next 3 years.

#5348 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Only Dwight said that in defense of so many blasting him about GB. He made a statement to get people off his back about Munsters too.

I think if Dwight did say that for that reason, he actually called an air strike in on himself and got more people on his back. I own Munsters the layout is great, artwork is awesome, code is okay but does need more as well and this is a biggie more show content and call outs too of the original cast. In addition the GUI could use some tweaking especially that SJP counter, I need binoculars just to see how many I currently have stacked

#5349 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

especially that SJP counter, I need binoculars just to see how many I currently have stacked

You got that right. I would definitely like to see that changed. They must think we are a bunch of 20 year olds with eyes like an eagle or something.

#5350 4 years ago

It would be funny for somebody to make a magnifying glass mod to put over that section of the screen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/107?hl=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.