pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 237.
#5251 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

LE ( or Premium ) owners with lower playfield.... any installed a Playfield protector? Inputs...?

Yes, I installed a playfield protector upper and lower. Munsters really has some powerful flippers and balls fly all over at times. My playfield still looks brand new. Use to not put them on, but now, put them on all my tables. Keeps your table looking good all the time. Think it also plays better too, because they even out all the inserts and keep the magnets looking new without dimples all over them. Worth the time and effort to install, IMO.

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

My mylar on the lower playfield window has performed fantiastic, no issues and crystal clear, highly recommend it.
To answer chuckwurt I completed Spot mode this evening, it took 6 direct hits to complete and he went back to his cave and the machine called out "Spot Completed". I think I had about 15 seconds left on the timer for his mode before it timed out. Like most others I typically avoid the bastard but tonight I felt like going for it, and pulled it off.

I took the glass off mine and just tested spot to see how many hits and if it would go away with a certain number. You can see from the video I just kept hitting spot and I only came out with 10 million from that mode. Not worth it at all. I hope spot is adjusted in a future version as it is just not worth the risk

#5253 4 years ago

I have one set of Pingraffix Powerbladez remaining, $225 shipped.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Fthe-munsters-pinball-mods

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I took the glass off mine and just tested spot to see how many hits and if it would go away with a certain number. You can see from the video I just kept hitting spot and I only came out with 10 million from that mode. Not worth it at all. I hope spot is adjusted in a future version as it is just not worth the risk

Unfortunately none of the "modes" are worth anything, the only real path to points is to stack the jackpots and collect with max PF multiplier.

#5255 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Unfortunately none of the "modes" are worth anything, the only real path to points is to stack the jackpots and collect with max PF multiplier.

Munster Madness with full multipliers is even better. Those are the 2 points strategies.

#5256 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, I installed a playfield protector upper and lower. Munsters really has some powerful flippers and balls fly all over at times. My playfield still looks brand new. Use to not put them on, but now, put them on all my tables. Keeps your table looking good all the time. Think it also plays better too, because they even out all the inserts and keep the magnets looking new without dimples all over them. Worth the time and effort to install, IMO.

How long did it take for Munsters? And how much disassembly was required?

#5257 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

You can easily get over 100 mil going thru the modes without munster madness. Raven can be very lucrative if you get the multipliers up and it's a ton of fun too. So can Herman multi ball. Get the multipliers up and get lily going at the same time. But Spot... I honestly can't find a good reason to shoot at it when it's such a dangerous shot. If it was worth more points maybe but not worth that extra super jackpot. The duration is also such a pain. I really hope they address spot in a future software update. These days I tend to go for the orbits or shoot grandpa as that is a safe shot so you are tripping switches.

All points on this machine happen when you have that 6x playfield multiplier. Get that up and keep it up and you will make some good points even without munster madness.

#5258 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

How long did it take for Munsters? And how much disassembly was required?

It was not as difficult as SWLE PF protector installation. Multi stacked ramp levels, DS and hyperspace ramp/habit trail removal. That took 2 of us near 6 hours.

Munsters with 2 of us going at it; about 4 hours. Would have been longer, but my friend is quite experienced doing this. We were not mapping things out, so might have been faster that way. There were moments of, now where does this left over piece go? Lol

Here is what we took off:
Slings
Flippers
3 yellow pop bumper lanes
Lower flipper return lane assemblies
Right lane wire form and right ramp completely pulled out. Left right lane ramp in and only raised bottom to allow PF underneath.
Removed lower PF. Then flippers, plastic layers all around lower PF. Wire form lower PF and right lane lower PF.

Did not touch left lane and wire form up top. Made a cut underneath the left ramp at the back orbit loop and spliced PF together there, in case need to pull up for any reason. Also, removing all the gear under that ramp would be a nightmare. Left all mechs related to Herman and Herman alone (figured he’s been taken apart by Dr. Franky too many times already, lol). Cannot even see the splice on the very narrow area at the back. Installed tape underneath the two splice sides and it is smooth on top.

Game plays fast and smooth with PF. Gives it another level of shine. No dimples on PF, even though Munsters is quite a powerful game and does get air balls from time to time even being tuned right on the money. Imo it is totally worth the effort, since this is a game worth keeping. The game plays awesome! Baffled why anyone puts this game down and I’m very picky about code and depth. Would like more Munsters show content, but think Stern will surely add it.

After playing the game a bunch now, think the complainers mostly have either played pros (although the pro is a very good machine too) or not much at all. I know until getting my Munsters color premium, I had no experience on the lower PF, which is a very unique complex mech and a blast to play. Don’t think there is another mech to it’s equal in all of pinball. No it’s not Stewie pinball, I’ve played that too and not even close. Tired of AC/DC lower PF fast, but not this one. It adds to the game fun and intensity big time. Without it, you’re only experiencing a little over half the game, imo.

Have fun putting on your PF protector, you’ll love it on one of the best shooting games ever!

#5259 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It was not as difficult as SWLE PF protector installation. Multi stacked ramp levels, DS and hyperspace ramp/habit trail removal. That took 2 of us near 6 hours.
Munsters with 2 of us going at it; about 4 hours. Would have been longer, but my friend is quite experienced doing this. We were not mapping things out, so might have been faster that way. There were moments of, now where does this left over piece go? Lol
Slings
Flippers
Right lane wire form and right ramp completely pulled out. Left right lane ramp in and only raised bottom to allow PF underneath.
Removed lower PF. Then flippers, plastic layers all around lower PF. Wire form lower PF and right lane lower PF.
Did not touch left lane and wire form up top. Made a cut underneath the left ramp at the back orbit loop and spliced PF together there, in case need to pull up for any reason. Also, removing all the gear under that ramp would be a nightmare. Left all mechs related to Herman and Herman alone (figured he’s been taken apart by Dr. Franky too many times already, lol). Cannot even see the splice on the very narrow area at the back. Installed tape underneath the two splice sides and it is smooth on top.
Game plays fast and smooth with PF. Gives it another level of shine. No dimples on PF, even though Munsters is quite a powerful game and does get air balls from time to time even being tuned right on the money. Imo it is totally worth the effort, since this is a game worth keeping. The game plays awesome! Baffled why anyone puts this game down and I’m very picky about code and depth. Would like more Munsters show content, but think Stern will surely add it.
After playing the game a bunch now, think the complainers mostly have either played pros or not much at all. I know until getting my Munsters color premium, I had no experience on the lower PF, which is a very unique complex mech and a blast to play. Don’t think there is another mech to it’s equal in all of pinball. No it’s not Stewie pinball, I’ve played that too and not even close. Tired of AC/DC lower PF fast, but not this one. It adds to the game fun and intensity big time. Without it, you’re only experiencing a little over half the game, imo.
Have fun putting on your PF protector, you’ll love it on one of the best shooting games ever!

Set your lower playfield flippers to soft Thunderbird. It makes the lower playfield shoot much better. As far as the complainers go, most of them are just doing it to be dicks. I guess it makes them feel good inside or makes them feel like they are some kind of pinball expert or something.

#5260 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Slings
Flippers
After playing the game a bunch now, think the complainers mostly have either played pros or not much at all. I know until getting my Munsters color premium, I had no experience on the lower PF, which is a very unique complex mech and a blast to play. Don’t think there is another mech to it’s equal in all of pinball. No it’s not Stewie pinball, I’ve played that too and not even close. Tired of AC/DC lower PF fast, but not this one. It adds to the game fun and intensity big time. Without it, you’re only experiencing a little over half the game, imo.

I think it’s more people haven’t spent much time or don’t like the theme. We actually prefer the pro over premium. I was going to get the premium but bought catwoman BM66 instead the sold Star Wars for the Munsters Pro. The family is loving the lineup that with both classic themes.

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

You can easily get over 100 mil going thru the modes without munster madness. Raven can be very lucrative if you get the multipliers up and it's a ton of fun too. So can Herman multi ball. Get the multipliers up and get lily going at the same time. But Spot... I honestly can't find a good reason to shoot at it when it's such a dangerous shot. If it was worth more points maybe but not worth that extra super jackpot. The duration is also such a pain. I really hope they address spot in a future software update. These days I tend to go for the orbits or shoot grandpa as that is a safe shot so you are tripping switches.
All points on this machine happen when you have that 6x playfield multiplier. Get that up and keep it up and you will make some good points even without munster madness.

You have to complete several areas before you can even qualify kitty enough times for 6x PF so it leaves you playing "modes" for little to no points other than getting your jackpots stacked, qualifying kitty and getting to MM. Out of the modes raven and enlarging ray are imo the most fun to shoot but still you are stuck playing the game the same way every time if you are looking to get points. If you just walk up to it with no concern about points then play the modes in whatever order you want and don't worry about it.

Musters is a fun shooter, the theme is great but the code just makes it stale after a while, for us anyway.

#5262 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Set your lower playfield flippers to soft Thunderbird. It makes the lower playfield shoot much better. As far as the complainers go, most of them are just doing it to be dicks. I guess it makes them feel good inside or makes them feel like they are some kind of pinball expert or something.

Some of those people say this is an old license that nobody wanted. I pulled this off of TWIP from 2017:

Screen-Shot-2017-10-22-at-6.32.37-PM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2017-10-22-at-6.32.37-PM (resized).png
#5263 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Some of those people say this is an old license that nobody wanted. I pulled this off of TWIP from 2017:[quoted image]

Munsters theme isn’t for everyone thats for sure but it did seem to generate quite a bit of interest until a few assholes made it their job in life to give it a bad name.

#5264 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Some of those people say this is an old license that nobody wanted. I pulled this off of TWIP from 2017

I remember the poll. I was down for Munsters, Wonka, and A Christmas Story, all dream themes for me.

Of the Munsters and Wonka games already done, I greatly prefer Munsters.

I'd still love to see A Christmas Story. C'mon, Stern, I triple dog dare you to do it!

#5265 4 years ago

Greatly prefer Munsters over any of those themes as well. What a satisfying shooting game this is. It does have multiple ways to go after it. Best super skill shot in all of pinball. Munsters is a party animal. Everyone loves playing it.

#5266 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Greatly prefer Munsters over any of those themes as well. What a satisfying shooting game this is. It does have multiple ways to go after it. Best super skill shot in all of pinball. Munsters is a party animal. Everyone loves playing it.

I have to agree.....doesn't "feel" like a tourney game, but rather a super fun game. Not really convinced it's "all about the points" for me. I like big scores, but fast ramps, brutal, unforgiving shots (f##k Spot), amazing super toy, and killer theme do it for me, regardless of my final tally.

Given I'll never complete all of anything in any of my games regularly (sometimes never), it just never bores me. Quite the opposite.....

#5267 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Munsters theme isn’t for everyone thats for sure but it did seem to generate quite a bit of interest until a few assholes made it their job in life to give it a bad name.

Some of the people trashing Munsters are also praising Wonka for the same reasons "Too simple" morphs into "refreshing throwback." It's complete bullshit. This game rocks.

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Some of the people trashing Munsters are also praising Wonka for the same reasons "Too simple" morphs into "refreshing throwback." It's complete bullshit. This game rocks.

I agree it definitely rocks! I love mine and it never gets old. Its not the best game in the world by any means but its hella fun. Its my favorite game of my collection, not because of gameplay and rules but just because its the complete package......for.me personally of course.

#5269 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree it definitely rocks! I love mine and it never gets old. Its not the best game in the world by any means but its hella fun. Its my favorite game of my collection, not because of gameplay and rules but just because its the complete package......for.me personally of course.

Agree with what you’re saying Who-Dey, except maybe it’s still because of the honeymoon, but I do think it is all around the best game in the world. It’s the complete package. Yes, I would like Dwight to put more into it like my Batman, then it will be a classic and top rated like Batman has become. I’d like someone to name a better complete package that’s fun for everyone than Munsters? Maybe JP might become that too. Spoken with John B. about this several times and he told me it is selling like hot cakes. Another friend of mine in the mod business said it is a blockbuster title and only MET has sold as well.

Actually, I’m surprised I feel this way about Munsters. With all the negative here on Pinside, I thought I’ll try it for a while and then sell it later. Later is never coming, it will never leave my collection. It also looks so good, that it is the first table I don’t want to mod, except couldn’t resist the ramp purple light going in, with the green exiting ooze light, with 3D pipe; all from Mezel Mods exiting Grandpa’s lab. So cool!
60439472-4AB5-4AF3-AA8A-D2940A9C98B1 (resized).jpeg60439472-4AB5-4AF3-AA8A-D2940A9C98B1 (resized).jpeg

#5270 4 years ago

A couple of code things I’d like to see:

I don’t like that you can only access Enlarging Ray as a Mystery award on the Pre-LE. (It’s a normal mode on the pro I think).

Agree Spot is a wast of time points wise - which is a shame because that’s such a satisfying mode.

The 2 special modes - midnight madness and the mystery flipper code one. They need to be bought into main gameplay.

Edit: I know these have been said a thousand times before, but if I keep saying it, it might come true lol

#5271 4 years ago

Anyone know when more stern toppers are shipping?

#5272 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Spoken with John B. about this several times and he told me it is selling like hot cakes. Another friend of mine in the mod business said it is a blockbuster title and only MET has sold as well.

Based on conversations with multiple distributors I don’t believe either statement. Munsters sales were great at the beginning but have since pretty much ground to a halt. The distributors I have spoken to all say the same thing - they all have lists of people interested in buying if the code becomes more robust. Contrast that to Batman - couldn’t give that game away for almost a year. Now every unit is sold/presold. Not much Batman in stock anywhere. Tons of Munsters in stock. Don’t even think the initial run of color Premiums sold out.

It’s a shame. Munsters could have been a classic. It was Borg’s dream game. He deserved better. I still hope against hope we’ll see the code get more robust and I’ll join the club. But I suspect much of the Munsters money sitting on the side will go to Elvira instead.

#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

couldn’t resist the ramp purple light going in, with the green exiting ooze light, with 3D pipe;

They actually look really cool. Game doesn’t really need any extra mods but tempted by those.

#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They actually look really cool. Game doesn’t really need any extra mods but tempted by those.

Having installed just about every mod out there, I highly recommend those mods (ramp illumination and sewage pipe) together with grandpa's chair and the flipper bats from Modcouple mods. Really elevates the look and theme of the game.

#5275 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Based on conversations with multiple distributors I don’t believe either statement. Munsters sales were great at the beginning but have since pretty much ground to a halt. The distributors I have spoken to all say the same thing - they all have lists of people interested in buying if the code becomes more robust. Contrast that to Batman - couldn’t give that game away for almost a year. Now every unit is sold/presold. Not much Batman in stock anywhere. Tons of Munsters in stock. Don’t even think the initial run of color Premiums sold out.
It’s a shame. Munsters could have been a classic. It was Borg’s dream game. He deserved better. I still hope against hope we’ll see the code get more robust and I’ll join the club. But I suspect much of the Munsters money sitting on the side will go to Elvira instead.

We love our MUNLE. Code is ok and game is definitelt plenty of fun to play. I think the game rocks!

#5276 4 years ago

Who got the premium black and white? Do you regret it or not?
I think it is the best spec.

#5277 4 years ago

Game doesn't need defending, and as I've mentioned several times in the thread will be fun getting the "Pinsiders take" in a couple years. Especially when the run stops and all LE's are officially gone from distros.

When the topper gets sorted the game just hits home runs in many departments.

#5278 4 years ago

Selling my B&W Premium if anyone is interested. Only 200 plays.

#5279 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I have a black and white premium and i stll think its as beautiful today as i did when i first opened the box up. Its one of the best looking pinball machines that has ever been made in my opinion.

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I recieved one of the first black and white Munsters back in March and still love the black and white version the best. Not knocking the colored ones because they are beautiful too. It just something different for a change that sticks out in a person's line up of pins but yet still blends in with the rest of them and looks great.

#5281 4 years ago

Funny thing about this game - you love it or just don't care for it. There's not a lot of in between. I just had to buy this game from the first play but then again, I was a big Munster fan when the TV show it came out. Not everyone will feel the same way.

#5282 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Not everyone will feel the same way.

Exactly not everyone will feel the same way about different games. I played Wonka quite a few times on location and in a HUO environment and to me that game isn't worth my time of day. I'd rather have a root canal performed without novocain then to continually play that but hey if you are a "Oompa Loompa doompadee doo" then this turd is for you

However I wouldn't be a dick and go in their club thread and trash what they enjoy.

#5283 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Exactly not everyone will feel the same way about different games. I played Wonka quite a few times on location and in a HUO environment and to me that game isn't worth my time of day. I'd rather have a root canal performed without novocain then to continually play that but hey if you are a "Oompa Loompa doompadee doo" then this turd is for you
However I wouldn't be a dick and go in their club thread and trash what they enjoy.

A few, sadly, don't take your approach. I will never own a DI ( played a bunch)....Just can't stand it. But I have no reason to jump in their threads to smash the game.

Strange culture on here for sure at times...

#5284 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not really convinced it's "all about the points" for me. I like big scores, but fast ramps, brutal, unforgiving shots

I rarely care about the points. I am on the opposite side of the coin from the operator. The Op does not give two cents about how many points you got. The Op is interested in how much ball time you got for your coins. Time, and ball time, is money.

When I was a kid money was scarce. And when I saw a pin to play, I was usually by myself. The only points I cared about were the points it took for me to get a replay. Beyond that, I did not care. What I cared about was how friendly that pin was towards me getting some fast play action. All I wanted was enough points to light up those Red Light Specials. Wap ! Wap ! Wap ! meant I got some value for my quarter and I could play some more. Otherwise, I was out on the street.

I like challenge. I don't know about brutal. I recently got to play a Bally Flash Gordon in a collection. I stepped up and the game went like this: Shoot, Drain. Shoot, Drain. Shoot, Drain. It was over in 20 seconds. I didn't even get to flip. I gave FG a middle finger salute and moved to another pin in the collection.

Anyway, from the first coins i shoveled into Munsters it was a good vibe. Munsters delivered. There is something about the visuals with those ramps backed up with that howling wolf Eddie Loop that pushes the right buttons.

#5285 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

We have the black and white Premium and love it as well. Game is super fun, especially if you are a fan of the show. Didn't realize how many extended family and friends also loved the show. Who doesn't love classic monsters with a comedic twist. The theme is great, the music is fantastic and the rules are simple (a lot like our Monster Bash... Hmmmm... probably not too coincidental Munsters was announced shortly after the MB remake reveal at Expo). And, No, you don't get to Munster Madness every time you play. Maybe 10-20% of the time, depending on your skill level.

Just hoping Stern (Dwight) will:
1) incorporate many more goofy clips and images from the show. Random clips, will keep players playing to see what might pop up or certainly
different clips for level 2.
2) A way to complete SPOT mode once started with a number of hits or an additional challenging shot/shots.
3) please make the "Super Jackpot" and "Zap" larger on the display!
3) enhance the rules. It would certainly be better than I could do.

Is there a post specifically addressed to Dwight/Stern regarding Munsters wish-list code? A place where people can list any requests and keep them all in one thread?

#5286 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Is there a post specifically addressed to Dwight/Stern regarding Munsters wish-list code? A place where people can list any requests and keep them all in one thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-would-you-like-to-see-the-munsters-code-evolve

#5287 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why is there so much negativity about this game!?!?! Drives me crazy sometimes. People just make up stuff.
In the Black Knight SOR thread....

So I check the Marketplace and there’s like 12 Black Knight LE’s for sale already and only 5 Munsters Le’s and 2 Wanted Ads!!!! Haven’t seen groupthink like this on any title since the great Batman 66 code fiasco.
People are losing the ability to think for themselves and make they’re own decisions. But that’s not just a pinball problem.

You're quoting me wrong on purpose or did you talk about yourself with that "thinking" stuff?

I wrote:
"For me BKSoR is a home run and I'd like to get a good deal on a used machine. But while Munsters Pro seem to pile up for sale I didn't see ANY BKSoR LOCALLY yet."

L-O-C-A-L-L-Y

So we have these neat little flags that show you wich country the person is from.
I'm from germany.
In the german Pinball Marketplace Forum there are and were the total of ZERO used BK Pro for sale. - I know that because I look that up every other day.
But I can get 5 Munsters Pro around me for 1000$ less then retail price since 3 weeks after it was released and noone buys them.
(Exaggerated of course, but theres allways one or two for sale.)

This is a FACT (locally!), like it or not.

And I am only talking about the Pro. People seem to like the Premium and LE.
(But not enough that the color Premium gets imported it seems. That as well as B66 Catwoman edition seem not to come to europe.)

Munster Pro is fine. It shoots well. I like it on location.
And it is EXACTLY what has been announced and what people wished for when Dwight overdid it for a lot of people with Star Wars.

#5288 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You're quoting me wrong on purpose or did you talk about yourself with that "thinking" stuff?
I wrote:
"For me BKSoR is a home run and I'd like to get a good deal on a used machine. But while Munsters Pro seem to pile up for sale I didn't see ANY BKSoR LOCALLY yet."
L-O-C-A-L-L-Y
So we have these neat little flags that show you wich country the person is from.
I'm from germany.
In the german Pinball Marketplace Forum there are and were the total of ZERO used BK Pro for sale. - I know that because I look that up every other day.
But I can get 5 Munsters Pro around me for 1000$ less then retail price since 3 weeks after it was released and noone buys them.
(Exaggerated of course, but theres allways one or two for sale.)
This is a FACT (locally!), like it or not.
And I am only talking about the Pro. People seem to like the Premium and LE.
(But not enough that the color Premium gets imported it seems. That as well as B66 Catwoman edition seem not to come to europe.)
Munster Pro is fine. It shoots well. I like it on location.
And it is EXACTLY what has been announced and what people wished for when Dwight overdid it for a lot of people with Star Wars.

I quoted you because your comment is typical of many other ridiculous comments on Pinside about Munsters. Don’t worry, Black Knight Pro hasn’t been our for very long - they’ll soon be languishing on the Nordrhein-Westfalen market as well.

#5289 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I quoted you because your comment is typical of many other ridiculous comments on Pinside about Munsters. Don’t worry, Black Knight Pro hasn’t been our for very long - they’ll soon be languishing on the Nordrhein-Westfalen market as well.

You seriously should rethink what you're reading into what I'm saying.

First, I posted this in the BK thread (!!!) and I was wondering if BK sold worse then Munsters.

Second, I never posted anything about Munsters beeing a good/ bad game until now.

Third, there is nothing ridiculous about that other than what you make up in your head.
The numbers I stated are correct, maybe I should have stated it even more obvious that I'm not talking about pinside marketplace?

Around me (same country - evenincluding neighbouring countries to some degree, not same state) are a lot of Munsters for sale. Earliest about 2 weeks after the game was out (locally, again - wich of course is later then in the US but as far as I know still earlier then Australia).
That has not neccesarily anything to do with Musters, since I myself sold my Star Wars Pro after 2 weeks, because it just wasn't for me.
Stuff like that just happens.

But until now there was not a single used BK on sale and the game is out for nearly two months. (Again, locally.)

This is just a fact, at least here, by wich I mean germany.

So what I was WONDERING (!!! - not stating) if BK sold badly, NOT that Munsters is crap.
(That said I think people were underwhelmed -look at the code thread- but got themsefes exactly what was promised and what they asked for. Also I think that sub playfield is great and the Pro is seriously lacking this. But all of that has nothing to do with the post I made.)

So the only thing or only one being "negative" and "ridicolous" here is you jumping to the games defense and calling people things when there was no attacking at all. You should obver-"think" if that is still a healthy set of mind.

If you have fun with Munsters, fine.
Whatever people say (or in my case didn't say) doesn't matter as long as you like it.

I'd like me a BK SoR. Because I think it's great.
But you're still invited to think it's poop, it won't reduce any of the fun I have with it and I won't feel offended.
It is a "thing".

And my original question still stands.
I wonder if there are more Munsters (here in germany) for sale then Sword of Rages, because SoR sold bad.
And here is my suspected answer: I think BK being not a big license just leads to the effect that people don't buy blindfolded/ head over heals before playing and/ or most people kind of knew what they're getting. So I think yes, BK sold worse (to what degree I have no clue) but the people that got one got what they expected and therefore there is less incidents of "morning after buyers remorse".

#5290 4 years ago

Man, what’s happened to Munster’s in the Pinside community.
There seems to be so much disdain or at least a prolonged divisive response for this pin.

In the worst rules ever thread, the dislike was designed to evoke similar responses. I may not agree with the subject matter and may throw out a few down votes; but I know my feelings will fall on deaf ears so I avoid posing in that thread.

The hype thread turned into a similar hate-fest.
However, isn’t the purpose of a Club thread to enjoy the positive elements of this game?

Yes I would like further rule enhancement & theme integration.
Hopefully, Dwight and team will deliver; but personally, I find the pin fun to shoot. It’s not a deep, complex pin, but delivers a silky smooth playability, has a fun mini pf, and fits as a suitable complement to my deeper coded pins.

#5291 4 years ago

Joined the club today. So far I think it’s pretty good fun.

C0436905-3290-40CD-A983-69711ABE1091 (resized).jpegC0436905-3290-40CD-A983-69711ABE1091 (resized).jpeg
#5292 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

There seems to be so much disdain or at least a prolonged divisive response for this pin.
In the worst rules ever thread, the dislike was designed to evoke similar responses. I may not agree with the subject matter and may throw out a few down votes; but I know my feelings will fall on deaf ears so I avoid posing in that thread.
However, isn’t the purpose of a Club thread to enjoy the positive elements of this game?
Hopefully, Dwight and team will deliver; but personally, I find the pin fun to shoot. It’s not a deep, complex pin, but delivers a silky smooth playability, has a fun mini pf, and fits as a suitable complement to my deeper coded pins.

Haven't read any of those in quite some time....as I don't pay much attention to the hype threads of other titles that I don't like, either.

Sort of have to tune out the static, and engage where it makes sense....

#5293 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Apologies for bringing that cr*p in here. Was to make a point like yours - that I don’t understand the hate on this game that seems to permeate every thread in Pinside, even if it’s not a Munsters thread, and seems to be the only game where people feel the need to create new hate threads about it. It’s even on the Facebook enthusiast threads - people personally insulting Dwight Sulllivan.

But bringing it in here just creates more negativity.

Back to Munsters fun.

Had a huge Munster Madness yesterday and afterwards had 8 jackpots ready with 6x running. Was at 210m before the jackpots.......and drained!!!!!!!!!

I might start a hate post on Facebook accusing Dwight of robbing me of my high score.

#5294 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We love our MUNLE. Code is ok and game is definitelt plenty of fun to play. I think the game rocks!

A lot of people think the game rocks. There are many reasons to love the game.

But that’s not translating into sales which is unfortunate. If there is ever a significant code update I’ll bet there’s a corresponding uptick in sales. It’s probably too late to help the game on location though.

#5295 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I hosted a pinball party tonight and had about 10 friends over. My collection consist of the following games, GB Premium, MET Premium, IMDN Premium, Munsters Premium, GOT Pro, TWD Pro, and AS Pro.

Guess which two games got played the most? It was IMDN and Munsters. They were probably close to the same as far as number of plays but if i had to guess Munsters got played the most. I explained the rules to them and they were going for Jackpots and trying to stack them and then trying to hit the Kitty shot and cash them out. Everyone had a blast playing it and couldn't get over how beautiful it is and how well it shoots.

These guys are good players and not pinball noobs. Only one person got to Munster Madness and blew the game up pretty good for like 114 million i believe it was. They all think the game is really fun and they can't believe how people dog it on here.

This game is sweet! They left and i turned all the games off except one and im playing it now. Guess which game that is?

#5296 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But that’s not translating into sales which is unfortunate.

You have no idea how many units this game has sold. Its obviously not a theme that appeals to the masses but i am pretty sure that the initial sales were very strong. This game is fun as hell and its addicting and it never gets old.

#5297 4 years ago

Well we are Back In on Munsters! With the game room expansion and a few Must have trades I traded off the Munsters Pro and I'm personally glad we did. Had to have the total LE experience. Such a beautiful game and definitely fun. More so then the BKLE we had. Just did Not click with the family and guests didn't touch it. Sooo with all of the positive vibes #Who-Dey laid down and of coarse the fact that J Borg the man lives on the same Block as me we knew this was the game Had to return home! lol Even gave it an end cap position as that cabinet is pure beauty! Going to give it a good work out with many guests coming over this coming weeks. Glad to be Back in the club!
IMG_3897 (resized).jpgIMG_3897 (resized).jpg

#5298 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well we are Back In on Munsters! With the game room expansion and a few Must have trades I traded off the Munsters Pro and I'm personally glad we did. Had to have the total LE experience. Such a beautiful game and definitely fun. More so then the BKLE we had. Just did Not click with the family and guests didn't touch it. Sooo with all of the positive vibes #Who-Dey laid down and of coarse the fact that J Borg the man lives on the same Block as me we knew this was the game Had to return home! lol Even gave it an end cap position as that cabinet is pure beauty! Going to give it a good work out with many guests coming over this coming weeks. Glad to be Back in the club!
[quoted image]

Glad to see you’re back in. Was surprised when you were out for a wee while since knew you’re a big fan of the show like the rest of us. It doesn’t get any better than Munsters and Batman lined up together!! Big thanks to Stern for making childhood dreams come true. Can you imagine if we would have had this machine to play back in 1964?

#5299 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A lot of people think the game rocks. There are many reasons to love the game.
But that’s not translating into sales which is unfortunate. If there is ever a significant code update I’ll bet there’s a corresponding uptick in sales. It’s probably too late to help the game on location though.

Time will tell for sure. I think Stern are pumping the games out extrememly quickly and possibly supply finally has caught up with demand.

#5300 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

J Borg the man lives on the same Block as me

Tell John that ole Who Dey is one of his biggest fans! Four of the seven games that i own are designed by him. I love how his games shoot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/106?hl=aussiegeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.