IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 237.
#5151 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Can you just answer the question? I did not ask about Stern games. I asked if the topper had a label telling of country of manufacturer.
As for expecting problems right out of the box, I am 2nd owner on my LE that had 55 games played when I bought it. I have several hundred games on now and have not had any problems. So, since you brought it up, what kind of problems should I, or anybody else be expecting out of the box? Other than the issues cropping up with The Beatles play field of late, what kind of problems should I be experiencing? Speak up, man.
Back to the topper:
If the topper was made in any other country other than the U.S. then it must be labeled as such.
If the topper is being produced in the U.S. then the company can say Made in U.S.A. Or the company can be silent about its product being made in the U.S.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_USA
So, if Stern farmed out the production of these toppers to a foreign country, somewhere on that topper and/or the shipping box, there needs to be a label stating this. If Stern farmed out production to some whiz-bang company from down the street, or if Stern is producing in-house, there needs to be no declaration that the product was made in the U.S.
Without someone confirming to seeing a foreign label on their topper, I will assume U.S. production. Does it really matter? No, not really, but if U.S. produced, then anybody who likes to crow about the junk coming in from China will have to realize that the U.S. is just as capable of pushing crap out the door, as well.
If Stern produced these toppers then shame on Stern for sub-standard line assembly practices Stern should know better; There is no excuse for shipping what every pinsider says they are receiving.
If Stern contracted out to a U.S. suppler, then Stern, who has employed several subcontractors, should have vetted the supplier before signing the contract.
My question remains: Is there a label for country of origin on these toppers?

Thank you. And yes, other than a minor issue with my LE ( a lazy line worker took a shortcut that Stern Q.C. did not catch ) it is built like a tank. I have not noticed any deficiencies in assembly, construction, or playing action.

You clearly don’t scroll enough through pinside to read about problems people have with games
Name a few: Iron Maiden, ghostbusters,kiss, Deadpool etc etc etc

With that said , Stern should have tested these if they were made elsewhere before shipping to consumer. If Stern designed these would they not see if it works properly ?

#5152 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Oh, and also when first started a game, it wouldn't eject a ball at all. Once I turned it off, and restarted the machine, it loaded the balls fine, but Raven still would not work. Inplugged and replugged. Same thing. Contacted my Distributor, he has another and he'll swap with me.

I had all of the same issues and a couple others. Stern is supposed to issue me a call tag to return for another when they are restocked.

#5153 4 years ago

I work as a Quality Supervisor for a semiconductor company. It doesn't matter where these where made...they come to the Stern factory prior to shipping to distributors. There is an opportunity at that point to do a functional quality test that would take perhaps 10 minutes max per topper, and it's clear that this wasn't done.

Considering how much extra work is involved in documenting quality returns, determining root cause of failures, implementing corrective/preventive action, refunding money or fast tracking replacements (which in turn can lead to more quality issues due to rush jobs), and damage to a company's reputation...I can't believe these shipped without a basic functional acceptance.

My Munsters works flawlessly, so I'm sure the company does have quality systems, especially for supplier parts, so this feels like more of a bad decision not to apply company quality practices to what appears to be the most complex topper they have ever produced.

#5154 4 years ago
Quoted from Truent:

I had all of the same issues and a couple others. Stern is supposed to issue me a call tag to return for another when they are restocked.

Following up, I went to my distributor yesterday with the intention of swapping my topper out with one of the others he had. Turns out both of those were not working properly, each having different issues. I ended up leaving mine with him, and he was on the phone with Stern. I am supposed to have one shipped directly to me once they verify that they have one that works 100%. As I understand it, the clock has is not supposed to spin constantly, but to follow the game clock and point to the current hour according to the game clock, except during game play and attract mode. Now, I noticed when I 1st put mine up, it chimed the correct hour, so I'm going to assume it'll do that every hour. Don't know how long it'll take to get one sent to me that is 100%, but this is an awesome topper, and I hope it won't be too long.

#5155 4 years ago

Stern has to know they are bad since it's been two weeks since I have ordered one directly from Stern and have not heard a thing.

I think it's pretty bad on their part not to update the customer with some sort of information.

#5156 4 years ago

It seems to be they stopped shipping toppers while they address the QC issue. I ordered mine the day it was released got an order confirming email and nothing since. I’m happy to wait for a working one than get a badly produced early unit. I’ll wait and see. I’ve been very happy with the QC on my NIB Stern pins so far. I’ll give them a little time to fix this before I blow a gasket.

#5157 4 years ago

It’s hard to imagine why my last post would get a downvote. For being understanding and easy going? Some odd things happen on pinside.

#5158 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Following up, I went to my distributor yesterday with the intention of swapping my topper out with one of the others he had. Turns out both of those were not working properly, each having different issues. I ended up leaving mine with him, and he was on the phone with Stern. I am supposed to have one shipped directly to me once they verify that they have one that works 100%. As I understand it, the clock has is not supposed to spin constantly, but to follow the game clock and point to the current hour according to the game clock, except during game play and attract mode. Now, I noticed when I 1st put mine up, it chimed the correct hour, so I'm going to assume it'll do that every hour. Don't know how long it'll take to get one sent to me that is 100%, but this is an awesome topper, and I hope it won't be too long.

Got the call tag for mine today. Chas seems to believe it won't be long until the "Rev2" batch is available (no timeline given), and my Distro spoke w them as well.

As stated prior, it's a pretty amazing topper (very, very interactive w gameplay to address a prior concern) and will be a real part of the experience when they square it up. Pretty excited now, after seeing what this thing can do (just need it function right)

#5159 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got the call tag for mine today. Chas seems to believe it won't be long until the "Rev2" batch is available (no timeline given), and my Distro spoke w them as well.
As stated prior, it's a pretty amazing topper (very, very interactive w gameplay to address a prior concern) and will be a real part of the experience when they square it up. Pretty excited now, after seeing what this thing can do (just need it function right)

How will we know if we get a "Rev 2" topper? I guess it will work?

#5160 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I work as a Quality Supervisor for a semiconductor company. It doesn't matter where these where made...they come to the Stern factory prior to shipping to distributors. There is an opportunity at that point to do a functional quality test that would take perhaps 10 minutes max per topper, and it's clear that this wasn't done.
Considering how much extra work is involved in documenting quality returns, determining root cause of failures, implementing corrective/preventive action, refunding money or fast tracking replacements (which in turn can lead to more quality issues due to rush jobs), and damage to a company's reputation...I can't believe these shipped without a basic functional acceptance.
My Munsters works flawlessly, so I'm sure the company does have quality systems, especially for supplier parts, so this feels like more of a bad decision not to apply company quality practices to what appears to be the most complex topper they have ever produced.

Agree, and definitely odd....

#5161 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How will we know if we get a "Rev 2" topper? I guess it will work?

Ha...I called it "Rev2" to him, as it had better be tested and installed on an actual machine before it gets in the box. He said "warranty replacement". I like my terminology better in this case, as the first one had 2 pages worth of problems.

To answer your question...yes...working correctly would be nice....

#5162 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ha...I called it "Rev2" to him, as it had better be tested and installed on an actual machine before it gets in the box. He said "warranty replacement". I like my terminology better in this case, as the first one had 2 pages worth of problems.

So would ordering now be "safe"...???

#5163 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So would ordering now be "safe"...???

They are VERY aware of the problems w the first batch.

I would think ordering direct from Stern now would be a reasonable thought, but personally, I'd wait until the smoke clears a bit.....

(had hoped it was a QC assembly issue, but it's deeper than that)

#5164 4 years ago

Just received update from distro. They've identified the problem and are assembling the "revised" version now (my "Rev2" must have stuck lol).

Sounds like toppergate will be a thing of the past very soon (maybe I'll change my lower wireform tonight..haven't had a stuck ball down there yet, but I'll lose the thing if I don't install it soon)...

#5165 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Does “warranty replacement” terminology mean they can fix whatever is shipped back AND resend out? So I send mine back, they fix it and ship it out to the first person in the “warranty que”?

I hope not - just in case pack these things carefully upon sending back in!

#5166 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just received update from distro. They've identified the problem and are assembling the "revised" version now (my "Rev2" must have stuck lol).
Sounds like toppergate will be a thing of the past very soon (maybe I'll change my lower wireform tonight..haven't had a stuck ball down there yet, but I'll lose the thing if I don't install it soon)...

Speaking of lower wire forms, anyone get rejects from the lower mystery shot? I do fairly often and it sucks because it’s a pretty hard shot - and usually valuable.

#5167 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Speaking of lower wire forms, anyone get rejects from the lower mystery shot? I do fairly often and it sucks because it’s a pretty hard shot - and usually valuable.

What type of reject?

#5168 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think I know what you are talking about...and no... once I make it in there.... it registered.

#5169 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What type of reject?

So the ball goes all the way up to the mini saucer but then bounces out.

#5170 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Does “warranty replacement” terminology mean they can fix whatever is shipped back AND resend out? So I send mine back, they fix it and ship it out to the first person in the “warranty que”?
I hope not - just in case pack these things carefully upon sending back in!

No, he said I'd get a " new warranty replacement" aka new topper. They are apparently in production now.

#5171 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No, but I've gotta hit it square, or doesn't go all the way in. The lower play field can really be frustrating as everything is so tight and fast down there...with a timer right in your face..Probably my favorite part of the game..

#5172 4 years ago

I didn't notice the Stern Topper video on their site until today. Appears as though the door is open a little all the time. At least one is working

#5173 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That happens to mine sometimes also.

#5174 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That happens to mine sometimes also.

So annoying, especially when going for Super Super Skill Shot.

BTW, anyone think that Super Super Skill shoot should be worth WAY more - it’s the hardest skill shot ever and only seems to be worth same as the Marylin Super on the right ramp. Only upside is that it also awards a mystery.

#5175 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not here, but find a lot of shots to the add timer ramp seems to not collect jackpots.
Even with lower flippers set to soft.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5176 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Not here, but find a lot of shots to the add timer ramp seems to not collect jackpots.
Even with lower flippers set to soft.

It’s jumping the opto. Try putting some sort of roof on that part of the ramp to keep the ball down.

#5177 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s jumping the opto. Try putting some sort of roof on that part of the ramp to keep the ball down.

I was guessing that it might be, I was told a cover was coming my way from stern to fix this.
will be interesting to see what it is when it tuns up in a few weeks time.

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I was guessing that it might be, I was told a cover was coming my way from stern to fix this.
will be interesting to see what it is when it tuns up in a few weeks time.

Okay cool that stern issued their own fix so you don’t have to make one.

#5179 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pinball Life has this item in stock.

Screenshot_20190724-092505_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190724-092505_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5180 4 years ago

Bought a topper from Game Room guys about 3 weeks ago. I received an email today stating that Stern knows about the problems and should ship around the first week of August.

#5181 4 years ago

Starting to see a left flipper problem where it doesn't raise quite as high as the right flipper when activated. I assume this is from all of the dead bouncing I do out of Grandpa's eject off the left flipper and it is slowly ruining some spring or something.

Apologies for the dumb question, I am sure this is common as I already have the same issue on my AFMr as well from dead bouncing scoop ejects off the left flipper all the time(?)

#5182 4 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Bought a topper from Game Room guys about 3 weeks ago. I received an email today stating that Stern knows about the problems and should ship around the first week of August.

I had ordered as well from them... very nice folks. Cancelled my order until this all plays out....

#5183 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Starting to see a left flipper problem where it doesn't raise quite as high as the right flipper when activated. I assume this is from all of the dead bouncing I do out of Grandpa's eject off the left flipper and it is slowly ruining some spring or something.
Apologies for the dumb question, I am sure this is common as I already have the same issue on my AFMr as well from dead bouncing scoop ejects off the left flipper all the time(?)

I dont think that dead flipping should hurt anything, good players are constantly doing it. Not sure what the problem is but i don't think that its caused by that.

#5184 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont think that dead flipping should hurt anything, good players are constantly doing it. Not sure what the problem is but i don't think that its caused by that.

Agree.

Suggest pulling the glass and see what happens when you actuate the flipper manually.

There could be some binding inside the coil sleeve. You might have to remove the coil plunger for a closer look.

From the school of anything is possible, perhaps your plunger is mushrooming on its tip.

Or maybe the flipper link is binding.

Whatever it is it is not complicated.

#5185 4 years ago

If your flipper doesn’t raise as high as the right, it’s most likely lower than the right at rest. Need to get in there and adjust/tighten it. Or something is binding it from going full stroke. Either way, purely mechanical.

#5186 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I didn't notice the Stern Topper video on their site until today. Appears as though the door is open a little all the time. At least one is working

If that is the way it is designed to work (fairly lame), I guess they are at least being honest about it by showing it in their own promo video.

#5187 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought it might be the power of the scoop eject bending the flipper back slightly over and over again? Not sure but I have the same issue on both tables with that scoop eject setup launching to the left flipper and thought there might be something to it.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

If your flipper doesn’t raise as high as the right, it’s most likely lower than the right at rest. Need to get in there and adjust/tighten it. Or something is binding it from going full stroke. Either way, purely mechanical.

That is the part I don't understand. It looks perfect at rest but just does not raise as high Not sure I understand what I am looking for when I get in there. I am a moron for owning these things and having zero clue how to fix them

#5188 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I am a moron for owning these things and having zero clue how to fix them

No you're not buddy, don't feel that way at all. There arent too many people here that can fix every problem that there is on these games. You can figure it out if you try i guarantee it. The mechanical stuff for sure you can because most of it is pretty easy once you get into it and look at it, the electrical side might be a different story.

If you can't figure it out hopefully you have someone nearby that can help.

#5189 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I thought it might be the power of the scoop eject bending the flipper back slightly over and over again? Not sure but I have the same issue on both tables with that scoop eject setup launching to the left flipper and thought there might be something to it.

That is the part I don't understand. It looks perfect at rest but just does not raise as high Not sure I understand what I am looking for when I get in there. I am a moron for owning these things and having zero clue how to fix them

Gotta learn sometime. Pop the hood and manually engage each flipper. Should be obvious what’s going on.

#5190 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Pinball Life has this item in stock.[quoted image]

so is this something Stern should provide at no charge...???

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

so is this something Stern should provide at no charge...???

If they are putting them on games now im sure that they would send you one but if not you will have to just buy one. There are lots of mods that fix issues on games out there. I just bought a kit to make the optos register better for my IMDN game. It was only 12 bucks i think but seems like they would come on the game from the factory if its a known problem.

#5192 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It’s hard to imagine why my last post would get a downvote. For being understanding and easy going? Some odd things happen on pinside.

Why someone is complaining about a downvote always baffles me. I guess someone doesn't agree with you and that -in my eyes- is one of the strengths of a forum.

#5193 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

That's the right move. I made the swap and so glad I did. Good
luck, hope u get one soon!

Finally picking up a BW Premium... question for the club... art blades or mirror blades? Mirrors look great and add to some games and are too much on others. Just curious what the general opinions are for a BW Premium.

#5194 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Finally picking up a BW Premium... question for the club... art blades or mirror blades? Mirrors look great and add to some games and are too much on others. Just curious what the general opinions are for a BW Premium.

I went for black mirrors on my Pro and like it.

#5195 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

I think the black and white art blades for the premium look amazing.

#5196 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

I have games w mirrors, but this one screams for the art...Enhances an already beautiful game imho

#5197 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Definitely the Stern BW art blades for the BW Premium.

#5198 4 years ago

Agreed! Munsters art blades finish the inside look of the mansion. Plus the portraits on the wall are also the portraits that are key in the game GUI as well. All matches.

#5199 4 years ago

Awesome, thanks all!

#5200 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the black and white art blades for the premium look amazing.

Quoted from mkk629:

Definitely the Stern BW art blades for the BW Premium.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed! Munsters art blades finish the inside look of the mansion. Plus the portraits on the wall are also the portraits that are key in the game GUI as well. All matches.

A problem for those contemplating a Color Premium. The B&W blades are the same art as the LE blades, just without color. Unfortunately, Stern isn’t letting Color Premium buyers purchase the LE blades. The only color blades currently for sale are the ones intended for the Pro, with the Munsters logo on them (because the game doesn’t already have enough Munsters logos).

Stern, on their Facebook page, says something is in the works for the Color Premium, but doesn’t say what or when. I’d be tempted to buy the B&W blades and do some brown/sepia tinting by hand, as I agree the portrait gallery completes the look.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/104?hl=mkk629 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.