Well, first-round topper verdict:
Fail. Unfortunately, something in the internal topper node board conflicts w node board #8, causing sporadic behavior in the menu, as well as gameplay. They will need to reassign/ replace something in the electronics to get it playing nice w the game. Got all the topper elements working (amazing), just not ready for prime time yet. With this being said, I've got some feedback to share:
a) Concept/ build quality - This is easily the most ambitious and interactive topper I've ever seen. Various lighting scenes tied to gameplay, clock w various functions, raven looks (and works) amazing. There is ALOT going on up there. An absolute must-have once they get a reliable version out.
1) My Raven door was sagging, easy fix w proper pin
2) Raven light too bright? easy fix, as it's a #89 bayonet 5v, so you can change to what you like
3) Raven door sticking, not coming all the way out - easy fix (QC) - wire ties not laced proper, keeping 2 of the wires from interfering w solenoid action
4) Clock - single hand has a flat on the shaft, and the screw is a bit too long, replaced w a shorter one, worked fine (starts and stops, btw)
5) Clock noise - none...this is a legit, multi geared mech. As w all clocks, don't ever attempt to turn the hand, it will misalign or strip gears. Mine was fine.
6) likelyhood of longevity - I believe very good, as the clock motor is barely working due to gear assembly.
7) faceted wheel hitting opto - loosen 2 screws, realign, everything fine...easy fix
1) Lighting - counted at least 8 different lighting scenes, probably more......very effective
2) game interaction - will be amazing, but the conflict caused it to "lose its mind" several times
a) Node board interaction - didn't damage anything, but machine unplayable w it plugged in
b) QC - This is quite an intricate device, actually. Loose, wrong screws and pins, improper harness assembly, and various things caused all the mechanical issues in mine.
Verdict - I will 100% be in on this w "REV2" when they sort the electronics and shore up some mostly minor assembly issues. This is going to be a must-have, just not yet. Short of the node conflict, mine was working quite well (though some of the scenes were not in alignment).
I'll be e-mailing Chas tonight w my findings (along w the Stern Distro I bought it from, who stated he was 100% behind me). Hopefully not too long until this thing is available again.
Price? Expensive, but I swear I've never seen this much tech in a single topper (and I have many)....crazy effort..just got to take care of electronic bugs and minor QC