IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 237.
#5101 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can’t wait to hear your report. You’re going to do what I’d do, namely take it apart and ensure everything is lined up and able to rotate properly to begin with. If the gear is flat and rotates on a solid spindle, think that would be the beginning of it working properly. Ensure coil firing properly on the Raven. You know the drill, some QC that should have been done by whomever made the clock to begin with. Hoping that a third party did this and not Stern. They have upped their QC game so can’t imagine they’d let these leave the factory this way, knowing what the blowback would become. Look of the unit is there and coding will be there, now just mechanical items...testing at assembly point is not hard and a must! Unless (if) 3rd party company did not have a machine to test on...

Yep, no worries there... It's going to be in pieces and I'll understand it upon reassembly way before I attach to the game.

Personally am excited as I like the way it looks, and has lighting, mechanical and audio interaction...very ambitious...Obviously, there's some QC ( or lack thereof) issues.

An opto in a topper? Pretty cool. Can't wait to get my hands on it...

#5102 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Dumb ? If you take it apart and mess with it.... did you just void any warranty..??? you would on most stuff.....

No way...I'm not going to mod it, just understand and reassemble it. Have done this w numerous nib machines. They actually appreciate ( and sometimes listen) to the feedback.

As previously stated, they want to make $$$ on these things, and certainly won't if it's just " broke, send me another". We have all been beta testers on many games...Willingly or not.

I just like to tinker...as much as playing sometimes

#5103 4 years ago

Wow this is really bad so far no one has received a topper that works 100% flawlessly!?

C’mon Stern never have you put out a game I want so much but at the same time don’t want to buy. Let Dwight get the theme integration close to BM66 and Munsters sales will explode (just like BM66 sales did) I want a colour premium, but just can’t pull the trigger on this one yet.

And now all the topper issues, this is the best topper you/Stern have made don’t let QC screw that up!

#5104 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No way...I'm not going to mod it, just understand and reassemble it. Have done this w numerous nib machines. They actually appreciate ( and sometimes listen) to the feedback.
As previously stated, they want to make $$$ on these things, and certainly won't if it's just " broke, send me another". We have all been beta testers on many games...Willingly or not.
I just like to tinker...as much as playing sometimes

understood. good luck! Thats cool...most would say you opened and messed with it you own it. I am waiting till it all gets figured out..... such a bummer

#5105 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow this is really bad so far no one has received a topper that works 100% flawlessly!?
C’mon Stern never have you put out a game I want so much but at the same time don’t want to buy. Let Dwight get the theme integration close to BM66 and Munsters sales will explode (just like BM66 sales did) man I want a coloured premium but just can’t pull the trigger on this one yet.
And now all the topper issues, this is the best topper you/Stern have made don’t let QC screw that up!

So many with you...They gotta be listening...

#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So many with you...They gotta be listening...

Yeah I know several people waiting to buy a Munsters but only if the code gets the theme integration this game should of had from the go and rightly deserves.

At launch I didn’t buy because as much as I love it I wasn’t sold on the b&w premium, think the artwork on the pro was just so colour and fun I was hooked on that before reveal and the LE trim/art didn’t blow me out of the water which at £10,000 that’s a requirement these days.

Soon as the colour premium was announced I was excited as hell but it’s the code stopping me and a lot of people buying this one, if the theme integration could get close to BM66 this could be an phenomenal pin, so many entertaining clips to choose from, midnight madness on this game is the perfect use of the licence and theme just need all the other modes to be as well thought out.

#5107 4 years ago

All i can do right now is just shake my head and say unfuckingbelievable.

#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All i can do right now is just shake my head and say unfuckingbelievable.

I know, it’s 2 steps forward and 1 step back with Stern. Obviously they’ll look after everyone and eventually get it right, but they make life unnecessarily difficult for themselves (and their customers).

#5109 4 years ago

I emailed Kurt at Hemispheres Amusements where I purchased the topper and he almost immediately responded, even though he was on the road. He confirmed there are other customers experiencing similar concerns with this product, and copied his team and a contact at Stern on his email response. Exceptional service from Kurt and team.

In removing the top panels of the clock it looks like a fairly simple mech, at least in comparison to what goes under a playfield. There is a Stern coil/mini-solenoid visible at the bottom, so it seems like something assembled in the factory. I'm going to wait to hear back from Kurt before attempting any disassembly and repair efforts. When I manually turn the gear that moves the clock hand it seems to complete a rotation unobstructed, so it's almost like the motor is no longer receiving power, although I can definitely hear a buzzing directly from this area.

IMG_7820 (resized).jpgIMG_7820 (resized).jpgIMG_7823 (resized).jpgIMG_7823 (resized).jpg
#5110 4 years ago

This has turned into one big nightmare for Stern looks like.

#5111 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah. Good thing Stern is not building parts to install on an airplane; It would be mired in lawsuits.

I attribute it to management hubris. Somebody is going to be getting scapegoated over this.

Where I worked, the company had a shear capable of shearing 12 foot sheets of aluminum. The company was working to downsize and decided that the local metal supplier could start shearing the 12 foot sheets. A deal was made with the supplier. The 12 foot sheets were offloaded. And the shear was sold.

Not too long after, the supplier could not keep up to the schedule it had committed to. So, my company was bottlenecked by the supplier. Somebody made the decision to bring all of the 12 foot sheets back in house. Only without a 12 foot shear, there was no way to cut the metal to size; So it had to go back to the supplier.

Oops.

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I attribute it to management hubris.

Yes. With absolutely no concern for quality control.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Somebody is going to be getting scapegoated over this.

LOL! No chance. The sale of Munsters toppers is rounding error on Stern’s bottom line. Only a small fraction of those who bought a Munsters game will buy toppers (and that number is likely to go down ever further with the reports of all these arriving DOA). Whoever’s in charge will get a “do better next time” and maybe a question on how the Star Wars topper is doing.

#5113 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Replacing split cabinets and damaged playfields is a nightmare. This is an just an annoyance.

#5114 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Whoever’s in charge will get a “do better next time” and maybe a question on how the Star Wars topper is doing.

Meanwhile I really like my Munsters, finally getting the last mods in place. It is truly a great game. If Dwight just puts in a couple of juicy modes and some more theme integration things are going to be just fine.

#5115 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Replacing split cabinets and damaged playfields is a nightmare. This is an just an annoyance.

Or dismissing customers who spend 10k on a machine with a chipping, unbelievably poor cc pf w a washer kit.

This is NOT the aviation industry. Not making light of the obvious lack of QC on this topper, but going overboard is not required.

Stern WILL make these right, and Munsters code is going to improve. How much, who knows. When, who knows. Like the code in current state or not, the machines have been the most solid, relative trouble free units in memory. It has a freakin multiball lower pf!!! I'll put that toy against anything currently out there. BM66 took a year, and that topper has an ingenuous bat signal, which was a QC hell until they sorted. They DID fix it.

Just seeing this topper ( only pics, hoping mine shows tomorrow) proves to me they are trying to bring more innovation via this title.

Breathe, just breathe....

#5116 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Meanwhile I really like my Munsters, finally getting the last mods in place. It is truly a great game. If Dwight just puts in a couple of juicy modes and some more theme integration things are going to be just fine.

This, this, and this!!! Thank you for this quote and you are correct.

#5117 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not making light of the obvious lack of QC on this topper, but going overboard is not required.

If it does not work no one is going to die.

But shipping a product that works out of the box is not going overboard.

#5118 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can see one...or 2....or ... but all have issues ( that we know of...) is insane...

#5119 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I can see one...or 2....or ... but all have issues ( that we know of...) is insane...

It sucks getting a bad one but it also sucks waiting on your next one to ship knowing that its going to be bad also.

#5120 4 years ago

Beginning to wonder if this is a firmware/software bug.

#5121 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Quoted from JMCFAN:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

It sucks getting a bad one but it also sucks waiting on your next one to ship knowing that its going to be bad also.

Sucks period...definitely not debating or defending what those have experienced thus far.

Just putting it context that's all...jfh and Who-Dey nail it...inconvenience and pita.....very curious what I get in the mail tomorrow....

#5122 4 years ago

Once it works as billed it’ll be worth it. Yes price could be $50 to $80 lower.

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Beginning to wonder if this is a firmware/software bug.

The clock is 100% a mechanical issue, and in my case the Raven door was as well.

#5124 4 years ago

Here's a non-topper related question. What angle is everyone setting their pin up for? I'm right at 6.5 degrees and I find that every time the ball comes out of the pops it hits the sling on the way down to the flippers. Watching videos from deadflip I never see it hit the slings coming out of the pops. Just curious where people have settled for an angle on this. I ask mainly because 80% of the time when the ball starts bouncing between the slings it goes right into one of the outlanes. I've gone to always going for the super skill shot to avoid the slings.

#5125 4 years ago

Well, first-round topper verdict:

Fail. Unfortunately, something in the internal topper node board conflicts w node board #8, causing sporadic behavior in the menu, as well as gameplay. They will need to reassign/ replace something in the electronics to get it playing nice w the game. Got all the topper elements working (amazing), just not ready for prime time yet. With this being said, I've got some feedback to share:

a) Concept/ build quality - This is easily the most ambitious and interactive topper I've ever seen. Various lighting scenes tied to gameplay, clock w various functions, raven looks (and works) amazing. There is ALOT going on up there. An absolute must-have once they get a reliable version out.
b) Mechanical
1) My Raven door was sagging, easy fix w proper pin
2) Raven light too bright? easy fix, as it's a #89 bayonet 5v, so you can change to what you like
3) Raven door sticking, not coming all the way out - easy fix (QC) - wire ties not laced proper, keeping 2 of the wires from interfering w solenoid action
4) Clock - single hand has a flat on the shaft, and the screw is a bit too long, replaced w a shorter one, worked fine (starts and stops, btw)
5) Clock noise - none...this is a legit, multi geared mech. As w all clocks, don't ever attempt to turn the hand, it will misalign or strip gears. Mine was fine.
6) likelyhood of longevity - I believe very good, as the clock motor is barely working due to gear assembly.
7) faceted wheel hitting opto - loosen 2 screws, realign, everything fine...easy fix
c) Electrical
1) Lighting - counted at least 8 different lighting scenes, probably more......very effective
2) game interaction - will be amazing, but the conflict caused it to "lose its mind" several times

Biggest issue(s)

a) Node board interaction - didn't damage anything, but machine unplayable w it plugged in
b) QC - This is quite an intricate device, actually. Loose, wrong screws and pins, improper harness assembly, and various things caused all the mechanical issues in mine.

Verdict - I will 100% be in on this w "REV2" when they sort the electronics and shore up some mostly minor assembly issues. This is going to be a must-have, just not yet. Short of the node conflict, mine was working quite well (though some of the scenes were not in alignment).

I'll be e-mailing Chas tonight w my findings (along w the Stern Distro I bought it from, who stated he was 100% behind me). Hopefully not too long until this thing is available again.

Price? Expensive, but I swear I've never seen this much tech in a single topper (and I have many)....crazy effort..just got to take care of electronic bugs and minor QC

#5126 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well, first-round topper verdict:
Fail. Unfortunately, something in the internal topper node board conflicts w node board #8, causing sporadic behavior in the menu, as well as gameplay. They will need to reassign/ replace something in the electronics to get it playing nice w the game. Got all the topper elements working (amazing), just not ready for prime time yet. With this being said, I've got some feedback to share:
a) Concept/ build quality - This is easily the most ambitious and interactive topper I've ever seen. Various lighting scenes tied to gameplay, clock w various functions, raven looks (and works) amazing. There is ALOT going on up there. An absolute must-have once they get a reliable version out.
b) Mechanical
1) My Raven door was sagging, easy fix w proper pin
2) Raven light too bright? easy fix, as it's a #89 bayonet 5v, so you can change to what you like
3) Raven door sticking, not coming all the way out - easy fix (QC) - wire ties not laced proper, keeping 2 of the wires from interfering w solenoid action
4) Clock - single hand has a flat on the shaft, and the screw is a bit too long, replaced w a shorter one, worked fine (starts and stops, btw)
5) Clock noise - none...this is a legit, multi geared mech. As w all clocks, don't ever attempt to turn the hand, it will misalign or strip gears. Mine was fine.
6) likelyhood of longevity - I believe very good, as the clock motor is barely working due to gear assembly.
7) faceted wheel hitting opto - loosen 2 screws, realign, everything fine...easy fix
c) Electrical
1) Lighting - counted at least 8 different lighting scenes, probably more......very effective
2) game interaction - will be amazing, but the conflict caused it to "lose its mind" several times
Biggest issue(s)
a) Node board interaction - didn't damage anything, but machine unplayable w it plugged in
b) QC - This is quite an intricate device, actually. Loose, wrong screws and pins, improper harness assembly, and various things caused all the mechanical issues in mine.
Verdict - I will 100% be in on this w "REV2" when they sort the electronics and shore up some mostly minor assembly issues. This is going to be a must-have, just not yet. Short of the node conflict, mine was working quite well (though some of the scenes were not in alignment).
I'll be e-mailing Chas tonight w my findings (along w the Stern Distro I bought it from, who stated he was 100% behind me). Hopefully not too long until this thing is available again.
Price? Expensive, but I swear I've never seen such this much tech in a single topper (and I have many)....crazy effort..just got to take care of electronic bugs and minor QC

I hope that they send me a topper from the 2nd batch of toppers that they make. Im in no hurry to get mine at all fearing that i will get a topper from the first batch. All that stuff that you had to do is totally unacceptable.

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hope that they send me a topper from the 2nd batch of toppers that they make. Im in no hurry to get mine at all fearing that i will get a topper from the first batch. All that stuff that you had to do is totally unacceptable.

Agreed. Chas will be sending a call tag for this one, and I'll get a new one (he felt as I did that the issues could be remedied fairly easily.

Wish they would have installed a few of these for QC first, but oh well.....off to play pinball now.....

#5128 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed. Chas will be sending a call tag for this one, and I'll get a new one (he felt as I did that the issues could be remedied fairly easily.
Wish they would have installed a few of these for QC first, but oh well.....off to play pinball now.....

I will be buying....as soon as the issues are worked out... looks awesome!

#5129 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yeah i agree, it totally baffles me that these toppers were obviously NOT TESTED before production and then again NOT TESTED after assembly.

#5130 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah i agree, it totally baffles me that these toppers were obviously NOT TESTED before production and then again NOT TESTED after assembly.

Definitely did NOT test them because some of the things I found were simple, yet caused the unit to fail.

Was going to shoot some video when I had it working..was badass for sure....the clock face glows sometimes, then the whole clock lights and a bunch of cool scenes. If I could have got the node board to work probably would have mounted it, as mechanically I had it right. Thing goes ape shit in menu and gameplay mode when attached to the network though....unplayable.

Already ordered a 5v red 89 bayonet for the Raven....

#5131 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Definitely did NOT test them because some of the things I found were simple, yet caused the unit to fail.
Was going to shoot some video when I had it working..was badass for sure....the clock face glows sometimes, then the whole clock lights and a bunch of cool scenes. If I could have got the node board to work probably would have mounted it, as mechanically I had it right. Thing goes ape shit in menu and gameplay mode when attached to the network though....unplayable.

I just dont know why that they do this to themselves, now they got to take back all of these toppers and figure out how to build them right. If i was in charge of this stuff, there would be some heads roll.

That Raven light will look good in red, that is a must to change out for everyone who owns this topper. Once again, how did they not put this on a pinball machine and when that Raven door popped open everyone in the room not cover their eyes and say.....hooooly shit, we gotta change that light to something colored or not as bright!

#5132 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As you are watching all of this action on the topper, when will you have time to follow the ball around the play field? It sounds cool. And it is something for the spectators to get jazzed over. But I really would be happy with a static display.

#5133 4 years ago

I received my topper last Wednesday but haven’t had the time to open it up and install it until tonight . I’ve been reading all the issues with them but thought surely mine will be ok. Surely they didn’t screw up that bad ... and look what was the first thing I noticed....A HANDLESS CLOCK!!!!

15B8253D-9A44-4183-AB8D-64A3FE872A15 (resized).jpeg15B8253D-9A44-4183-AB8D-64A3FE872A15 (resized).jpeg
#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

...and look what was the first thing I noticed....A HANDLESS CLOCK!!!!

Stern needs to come out with a statement / recall notice on the toppers. How on earth did these things get out the door? How embarrassing!

#5135 4 years ago

Very good mechanical sleuth work MK6PIN and I can’t wait to buy one once they’ve got rev2 done. Munsters is turning out to be a class AAA title/machine. Sounds like Stern factory workers got overly excited to get this out the door without proper testing. Your field testing should be invaluable to Stern. Wish you could have taken some video showing what was working.

Also, on another topic, let’s set the record straight by someone who owns the SWLE and has drop down targets. They are nice for sure, but they complete on their own as if they were a mono target. No one has to aim at them. The sling action completes them whether you need to or not. Munsters mono targets are not “garbage”, it works better for the Munsters game the way they are in the rule set. Drop targets would not make as much sense in the rule set and make the game any more fun. The targets are first class and do get unwarranted flack. SWHE has a mono target, that works the same as the drops. No fun in gameplay is diminished, but people are calling mono target in SWHE garbage and equating them to Munsters targets. At first felt they should have been drops, but now feel mono target is as good for the game and doesn’t detract from the fun. I wouldn’t have wanted something else left out to achieve price parity, in order to include drops. Lily could have been, but would look unbalanced with Dragula, which word is way to long for drops in that area.

#5136 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I received my topper last Wednesday but haven’t had the time to open it up and install it until tonight . I’ve been reading all the issues with them but thought surely mine will be ok. Surely they didn’t screw up that bad ... and look what was the first thing I noticed....A HANDLESS CLOCK!!!! [quoted image]

And even worse yet, i would almost bet you a hundred dollars that if you installed the topper and turned the game on that it wouldn't work anyways! Sorry to be Debbie Downer but the odds are greatly in my favor that i am right.

This would almost be funny if i hadnt have gave them 425 dollars of my hard earned money.

#5137 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I received my topper last Wednesday but haven’t had the time to open it up and install it until tonight . I’ve been reading all the issues with them but thought surely mine will be ok. Surely they didn’t screw up that bad ... and look what was the first thing I noticed....A HANDLESS CLOCK!!!! [quoted image]

Is any thing stamped anywhere telling the country of manufacturer? Made in U.S.A? Made in China? Anything? I don't the Stern factory workers are doing this kind of work.

#5138 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is any thing stamped anywhere telling the country of manufacturer? Made in U.S.A? Made in China? Anything? I don't the Stern factory workers are doing this kind of work.

Stern games are made in USA

I stopped buying all the latest products
Lots of flaws , they are just too busy cranking out stuff for that almighty $
You can expect problems right out of the box

Wish they slow down a bit and work in the quality.

#5139 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

And a wonky door...

#5140 4 years ago

Photo taken last week at the Stern topper factory...

sleeping_worker_1_f53910678a485ccd0b3fb814209c2d7a.fit-760w (resized).jpgsleeping_worker_1_f53910678a485ccd0b3fb814209c2d7a.fit-760w (resized).jpg
#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

OMG. This is going from poor QC to intentional wrongdoing. I mean sending out several toppers where the clock has no hands... And so far has ANYONE got a working topper?

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

This isn't a Stern game, its a topper. The games are very reliable that they are making, its this particular topper thats the problem. It may or may not be made in house.

#5143 4 years ago

The sad thing with being an early adopter for new Stern products is that you are basically a beta tester it seems…

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

The sad thing with being an early adopter for new Stern products is that you are basically a beta tester it seems…

That has been the case for a long time now and we are all aware of it so it shouldn’t surprise anyone, the good news is Stern 99% of the time make it right, they just make a lot of things hard work for themselves!

You have to think that having a QC manager, even putting them on a top wage checking everything and signing it off before it leaves the factory would be cheaper than all these recalls, replacements and fixes? And it would sure as shit make life easier for Stern and give them a better reputation for quality.

On a plus side it looks like Dwight is going back to all his old games and smashing the code with monster updates, GOT was a huge update and he said live on stream Ghostbusters update is going to be even bigger, hopefully he comes back to Munsters and makes it as good as BM66 which he is more than capable of, midnight madness on Munster is theme integration perfection!

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Even Herman disapproves. Grandpa isn't so thrilled either. Lily on the other hand is looking guilty as hell and might know more about where you might find the answer to this conquest.

#5146 4 years ago

I don’t think these are made at Stern. Designed there maybe, but made and assembled elsewhere, then shipped to Stern.

My guess is they haven’t had issues at all in the past with their topper maker and went ahead and shipped these out once received. Weird though, because I know for a fact every other part they receive in is inspected before they use it.

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think these are made at Stern. Designed there maybe, but made and assembled elsewhere, then shipped to Stern.
My guess is they haven’t had issues at all in the past with their topper maker and went ahead and shipped these out once received. Weird though, because I know for a fact every other part they receive in is inspected before they use it.

I would agree. Was hoping I could get to the node board in the menu and simply update it via code in the machine to correct the conflict, but there was no way to do it...1 button push in the menu caused the thing to rapidly, randomly scroll through selections. Power cycled, and got it working, but then lost some gameplay features...Called it a day after that, as I didn't want to push my luck.

Everything rebooted and played fine after I unplugged it. They definitely did not connect this one to a game...of this I'm sure.

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:And a wonky door...

I was so pissed off about my clock, I didn't even notice the door until I posted the photo on Pinside!

#5149 4 years ago

Still available to order from Stern site.....you would think they would shut that down ASAP....

#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Quoted from rvdv:

I stopped buying all the latest products
Lots of flaws , they are just too busy cranking out stuff for that almighty $
You can expect problems right out of the box
Wish they slow down a bit and work in the quality.

Can you just answer the question? I did not ask about Stern games. I asked if the topper had a label telling of country of manufacturer.

As for expecting problems right out of the box, I am 2nd owner on my LE that had 55 games played when I bought it. I have several hundred games on now and have not had any problems. So, since you brought it up, what kind of problems should I, or anybody else be expecting out of the box? Other than the issues cropping up with The Beatles play field of late, what kind of problems should I be experiencing? Speak up, man.

Back to the topper:

If the topper was made in any other country other than the U.S. then it must be labeled as such.

If the topper is being produced in the U.S. then the company can say Made in U.S.A. Or the company can be silent about its product being made in the U.S.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_USA

So, if Stern farmed out the production of these toppers to a foreign country, somewhere on that topper and/or the shipping box, there needs to be a label stating this. If Stern farmed out production to some whiz-bang company from down the street, or if Stern is producing in-house, there needs to be no declaration that the product was made in the U.S.

Without someone confirming to seeing a foreign label on their topper, I will assume U.S. production. Does it really matter? No, not really, but if U.S. produced, then anybody who likes to crow about the junk coming in from China will have to realize that the U.S. is just as capable of pushing crap out the door, as well.

If Stern produced these toppers then shame on Stern for sub-standard line assembly practices Stern should know better; There is no excuse for shipping what every pinsider says they are receiving.

If Stern contracted out to a U.S. suppler, then Stern, who has employed several subcontractors, should have vetted the supplier before signing the contract.

My question remains: Is there a label for country of origin on these toppers?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

This isn't a Stern game, its a topper. The games are very reliable that they are making, its this particular topper thats the problem. It may or may not be made in house.

Thank you. And yes, other than a minor issue with my LE ( a lazy line worker took a shortcut that Stern Q.C. did not catch ) it is built like a tank. I have not noticed any deficiencies in assembly, construction, or playing action.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.