IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 237.
#5001 4 years ago

1 here...( now it HAS to fit)

#5002 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Great job! Double bonus!
There were 2 of them listed from different sellers and I noticed they are both gone now. Hope some other Pinsider got the other one.

How much was shipping from Stern?

#5004 4 years ago

Sold out so soon. Good way to create demand for the 2nd batch.

#5005 4 years ago

Make a black & white version and it’ll sell well too.

#5006 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Seems clock hands rotate all the time.

Any noise issues with a constantly running motor? This is a much smaller mech, obviously, but I remember people complaining about noisy JJP ships in bottles.

#5007 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

$440.00 free shipping.
ebay.com link » Stern The Munsters Pinball Topper

Ordered.... my wife is going to kill me.....

#5008 4 years ago

$440.00 free shipping.

my total was $446.64 shipped..oh well

#5009 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

my total was $446.64 shipped..oh well

Still a good deal and glad you got one, I actually read the price wrong. It's $440.99 free shipping.

#5010 4 years ago

When I was growing up in the 60s, plastic was just starting to make inroads into the market place. One of the biggest markets for plastics was cheap plastic roses. The key word was cheap. We had cheap transistor radios. Some was good quality, Much was junk you found in the aisles of Woolworth's or K-Mart.

Tonka was still making its toy trucks out of steel.

And now, today, we pay big bucks for something made with an electric motor and some lights, a little bit of paint and a whole lot of plastic.

I can't buy one of these right now. I have too many others areas that need my budget right now. I hope I don't wind up like a TWD owner where I will want a topper and the supply has been exhausted.

#5011 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When I was growing up in the 60s, plastic was just starting to make inroads into the market place. One of the biggest markets for plastics was cheap plastic roses. The key word was cheap. We had cheap transistor radios. Some was good quality, Much was junk you found in the aisles of Woolworth's or K-Mart.
Tonka was still making its toy trucks out of steel.
And now, today, we pay big bucks for something made with an electric motor and some lights, a little bit of paint and a whole lot of plastic.
I can't buy one of these right now. I have too many others areas that need my budget right now. I hope I don't wind up like a TWD owner where I will want a topper and the supply has been exhausted.

They will make them for awhile Cotton so you should be able to get one i would think. They wont stop making them anytime soon i dont think.

#5012 4 years ago

Still a good deal and glad you got one, I actually read the price wrong. It's $440.99 free shipping.

Yep, close enough...should be a great add....love this game!!!

#5013 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They will make them for awhile Cotton so you should be able to get one i would think. They wont stop making them anytime soon i dont think.

Agreed.....game is much more popular than let on around here, and this is a "one size fits all" version (unlike some of the unobtanium LE toppers).

At least this has lights, a motor, and is interactive w game. Wanna talk about CRAZY margin in plastic? easy to find in some other mods out there. Pretty evident a very, very good living can be made w a 3d printer nowadays....

#5014 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How much was shipping from Stern?

Stern wanted $16 to ship plus another $15 or so in sales tax. All total , it was going to run $456

#5015 4 years ago

I have 1 set of these Premium B&W web site rails and Herman / Grand Pa hinges left if anyone would like this set please PM me and I can ship them out as soon as payment has been make.

You can see my original post here in page 51.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/51#post-4916758

Thanks,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#5016 4 years ago

I can't believe I'm saying this...but, I'm not all that impressed with the topper, that strobe looks to be too much also....I like the clock, wish the characters were as like....(modeled) am I all alone here?

Congrats to those who like them and are getting one.

#5017 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I can't believe I'm saying this...but, I'm not all that impressed with the topper, that strobe looks to be too much also....I like the clock, wish the characters were as like....(modeled) am I all alone here?

Leaning this way also.

I was hoping someone would post a video of how well the integration and taunting is before I purchase one.

Edit: also can you post pictures of where the wire/harnesses plug in?

Thx in advance!

#5018 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

You might be all alone here, as this topper fits well with the table art and looks good to have the emphasis on the clock which appears to be nicely done. Of course we all would like it to cost a little less, but out of all the toppers out there, name one that is better?

Munsters topper has: Callouts, mode music, character lights, clock spinning, Raven pops out, etc., from what I can tell from some video I’ve seen. Fully yet to be confirmed as to what all it does. This is coming from a person that does not like toppers usually at all. I think most toppers serve little to no function, with just a bunch of plastic and a few lights and no game interactivity. Unless I don’t understand it correctly, Munsters topper appears to be the icing on the cake of an already great table. That airplane landing light behind Raven has to be toned down somehow, although.

#5019 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That airplane landing light behind Raven has to be toned down somehow, although.

Maybe you can purchase a colored sheet gel and place it over the LED.

#5020 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You might be all alone here, as this topper fits well with the table art and looks good to have the emphasis on the clock which appears to be nicely done. Of course we all would like it to cost a little less, but out of all the toppers out there, name one that is better?
Munsters topper has: Callouts, mode music, character lights, clock spinning, Raven pops out, etc., from what I can tell from some video I’ve seen. Fully yet to be confirmed as to what all it does. This is coming from a person that does not like toppers usually at all. I think most toppers serve little to no function, with just a bunch of plastic and a few lights and no game interactivity. Unless I don’t understand it correctly, Munsters topper appears to be the icing on the cake of an already great table. That airplane landing light behind Raven has to be toned down somehow, although.

If it does something besides just sitting there, it would be nice if Stern would make an advertising video of the topper so those of us who would like to see it in action before we lay down our cash.

#5021 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

You aren't alone. I'm not really a fan of toppers at all regardless of the game. I have two, and those were with the game at time of purchase. I don't knock people who like them, they just aren't for me.

#5022 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well, actually we are on the same page to a point. I said I like the clock (so do you) so we are in agreement here. I would have liked the characters to be more like my MBR-le topper...not just some flat cut-out pics...but, we can't always get what we want. It is what it is.

#5023 4 years ago

$440.00 free shipping.

Has anyone that ordered from ebay received..? I am being told that they are not shipping for another week or so....

#5024 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Well, actually we are on the same page to a point. I said I like the clock (so do you) so we are in agreement here. I would have liked the characters to be more like my MBR-le topper...not just some flat cut-out pics...but, we can't always get what we want. It is what it is.

Yes, we probably are in agreement, except, I think molded plastic figures look old school and don’t look as good or modern as the flat cut out pics, that allow better light to be shown through the image. Light and color looks better to me than a glob of plastic like on the MB topper. You can’t get a crisp look from the molded plastic figure. It can be pulled off under glass, like Herman figure is, with light shinning on it, because the glass gives it the crisp look. Plus molded plastic figures on top of a pinball machine are huge dust collectors. Cutouts don’t have that problem.

#5025 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Has anyone that ordered from ebay received..? I am being told that they are not shipping for another week or so....

Mine shipped...tracking shows Monday delivery.....I'll try to get it installed and shoot some video by Tuesday evening....

#5026 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, we probably are in agreement, except, I think molded plastic figures look old school and don’t look as good or modern as the flat cut out pics, that allow better light to be shown through the image. Light and color looks better to me than a glob of plastic like on the MB topper. You can’t get a crisp look from the molded plastic figure. It can be pulled off under glass, like Herman figure is, with light shinning on it, because the glass gives it the crisp look. Plus molded plastic figures on top of a pinball machine are huge dust collectors. Cutouts don’t have that problem.

Actually like the look of this one alot...reminds me of a TiltTopper to a degree....layered w a 3d element. Should be great and fit the game well!!!

#5027 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mine shipped...tracking shows Monday delivery.....I'll try to get it installed and shoot some video by Tuesday evening....

Did you order from Stern...or Ebay?

#5028 4 years ago

I'm picking up my topper tomorrow from my Stern distributor.

#5029 4 years ago

Someone post an install video too?

Plus interactive video?

Thanks !!!

#5030 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Did you order from Stern...or Ebay?

Ebay, for same price as Stern ( a little less w shipping)..Stern was sold out...authorized Stern Distro (actually shows Saturday delivery now)

#5031 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Someone post an install video too?
Plus interactive video?
Thanks !!!

The install is a piece of cake, literally 5 minutes probably. 4 screws and 2 wires to plug in. It comes with instructions as well that are easy to follow.

#5032 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The install is a piece of cake, literally 5 minutes probably. 4 screws and 2 wires to plug in. It comes with instructions as well that are easy to follow.

I am curious where the plugs ...plug in.
If someone could post a picture of them that would be great. Either while installing or from instructions sheet.

Thx

#5033 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am curious where the plugs ...plug in.
If someone could post a picture of them that would be great. Either while installing or from instructions sheet.
Thx

Yeah i know. The instructions come with pictures though that are very east to follow. The only one i could see someone wondering about is the one that connects to the board on the lower right corner of your backbox. I think thats called the power distribution board or something. The ethernet cable plugs into the main CPU board and is a no brainer and the other one plugs into the small board in the lower right corner. You cant screw it up believe me. MK will hopefully do a quick install video though or someone will post pictures.

#5034 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah i know. The instructions come with pictures though that are very east to follow. The only one i could see someone wondering about is the one that connects to the board on the lower right corner of your backbox. I think thats called the power distribution board or something. The ethernet cable plugs into the main CPU board and is a no brainer and the other one plugs into the small board in the lower right corner. You cant screw it up believe me. MK will hopefully do a quick install video though or someone will post pictures.

I'll post a couple pics this weekend when mine gets here and install it...can't be too bad...

#5035 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll post a couple pics this weekend when mine gets here and install it...can't be too bad...

If i can do it anybody can do it.

#5036 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I ordered mine on EBay last Thursday and it will be here tomorrow (Wednesday) according to my tracking info.

#5037 4 years ago

I ordered from Stern last Wednesday and have not received any shipping confirmation yet.

#5038 4 years ago

Topper install is very easy. Four screws on top, two plugs in back box and route wires thru existing wire guides. Instructions are short and simple with photos.

20190717_121530 (resized).jpg20190717_121530 (resized).jpg20190717_121826 (resized).jpg20190717_121826 (resized).jpg20190717_122029 (resized).jpg20190717_122029 (resized).jpg20190717_122204 (resized).jpg20190717_122204 (resized).jpg
#5039 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Topper install is very easy. Four screws on top, two plugs in back box and route wires thru existing wire guides. Instructions are short and simple with photos.

Can you provide a video that shows the interactions with the game? The previous videos did not even show the raven coming out. Would be great to see a longer video.

Thanks!

#5040 4 years ago

Sorry but no videos of game play. The topper didn't work. My distro is awesome and let me exchange it for another and it too didn't work correctly. The first topper clock didn't spin and the raven didn't close all the way. The second topper the raven worked really well after I fixed the door hinge (pin slid down and half out of hinge) but the clock still didn't work. I'll try again when they get the bugs worked out. I love the way it looks and what its supposed to do.

#5041 4 years ago

Ball is ejecting straight down the middle from the Grandpa scoop. Is the “trap door” adjustment what I need to tinker with?

#5042 4 years ago

Dang lots of topper issues, at least 3 so far reported above. Hope they didn’t rush out to fast.

Can others comment and/or post an interactive video?

#5043 4 years ago

My poor Munsters hasnt been played since this came home

20190706_191426 (resized).jpg20190706_191426 (resized).jpg
#5044 4 years ago

Ok here are a few videos of the raven. I have taken the flasher out from behind the raven and with it out. You can now see some of the raven feature front lit.

Magicchiz

#5045 4 years ago

Ok here is my topper take.

This is my second topper. I am not wanting to throw stern under the bus. But I just learned there are a few more bad toppers. So here is my take.

My first topper, made a buzzing noise and the clock did not move. The raven popped ok and was good.

Second topper when plugged in first time, clock moved and everything good. Except raven door hit top of front plastic. Came down to game room today to take the videos from the Videos in the post above. Clock did not turn until I started it by hand.

My take is the clock gear is problematic. There is a opto at the top and a gear that travels thru it. If the gear is not perfectly straight then it rubs and slows down the clock or stops it all together. See video

So I have taken the time to rebend every arm of the gear to get it to run as smoothly as I can. Should I have to do this? Most will not be able to. So it's going to be a issue or burned up motors.

Then the raven door and clearance opening and closing. But the coil that opens and closes is the loudest thunk I have every heard, louder then spot popping up in the game. Plus the blinding flasher behind the raven that blinds you.
I like the topper and the feature, but theyare questionable issues. I hope stern can figure them out.
Magicchiz

#5046 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

This is my second topper. I am not wanting to throw stern under the bus. But I just learned there are a few more bad toppers. So here is my take.
My first topper, made a buzzing noise and the clock did not move. The raven popped ok and was good.
Second topper when plugged in first time, clock moved and everything good. Except raven door hit top of front plastic. Came down to game room today to take the videos from the Videos in the post above. Clock did not turn until I started it by hand.
My take is the clock gear is problematic. There is a opto at the top and a gear that travels thru it. If the gear is not perfectly straight then it rubs and slows down the clock or stops it all together. See video

So I have taken the time to rebend every arm of the gear to get it to run as smoothly as I can. Should I have to do this? Most will not be able to. So it's going to be a issue or burned up motors.
Then the raven door and clearance opening and closing. But the coil that opens and closes is the loudest thunk I have every heard, louder then spot popping up in the game. Plus the blinding flasher behind the raven that blinds you.
I like the topper and the feature, but theyare questionable issues. I hope stern can figure them out.
Magicchiz

I have my second one on the way.....I'd be lying if I said that i wasn't worried. Its almost like they just throw them together and ship them out without testing them. Theres no way my first one was tested or it would have never left the factory. Even for the ones that work i am skeptical about how reliable they are going to be in the long run and honestly that is bullshit for a 425.00 dollar topper.

#5047 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Thanks. Sounds like it would be wise to wait until the toppers are made more reliable. Too bad and I think Stern is just shooting themselves in the foot when cheaping out on the construction/parts. All the returns will make the profit low and piss people off.

#5048 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have my second one on the way.....I'd be lying if I said that i wasn't worried. Its almost like they just throw them together and ship them out without testing them. Theres no way my first one was tested or it would have never left the factory. Even for the ones that work i am skeptical about how reliable they are going to be in the long run and honestly that is bullshit for a 425.00 dollar topper.

Fortunately the game itself doesn’t have these issues and works well.

#5049 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Thanks for the video. Your clock gear turns like its been in a wreck. Lol

#5050 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for the video. Your clock gear turns like its been in a wreck. Lol

Well at least its turning. Mine wouldn't turn at all and neither would his first one. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.