IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 237.
#4951 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hoooooly shit, what a bunch of negative Nancy's we have around here people.....chill out! I got my topper today and it is absolutely beautiful. I was so excited to be the first one to post a topper pic but as luck would have it, my topper has an issue with the Raven door.
I worked on it and worked on it diligently because i wanted to be the first one to post pics of it lit up and stuff but it just wasnt meant to be i guess. Im going to have to get a new topper sent to me unfortunately looks like. The good news is though its beautiful, it matches the black and white Premium in my opinion and its interactive with the game. Anyone who ordered this topper is going to be very happy.
I guess im still technically the first person to post a Munsters topper pic so eat your heart out guys!
[quoted image]

Cool.

I hear you on interactive. Have you experienced the interactions and can you comment on them. I would like to get topper but I want to make sure it has the true interactions we all are “hearing or hoping” it has. Crossing my fingers.

Or will the interactions come with more code down the road.

#4952 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish that i could see a video of one so i could see how its suppose to work exactly.

Some of us would like to see some video, as well. I'm not being negative, but for 4 and a half yards of the greenstuff I would like to see that I am not buying a static print that could just as easily hang on the wall.

So, how does this unit plug into the pin or get its signals to start its action?

#4953 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I saw there are several Pinsiders that have the Mod Couple Pop Bumper Eye and are requesting a small notch on the pedestal so the cat fits perfect. I should have this notched pedestal ready later today. I will post pics...

Test print of the cat pedestal with the notch for those who have or will get the Mod Couple Pop Bumper Eyeball. I think this should work. Anyone who already bought and would like one, let me know and I'd be happy to make one up for you.

IMG_5737a (resized).jpgIMG_5737a (resized).jpgIMG_5741a (resized).jpgIMG_5741a (resized).jpgIMG_5739 (resized).JPGIMG_5739 (resized).JPG
#4954 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Some of us would like to see some video, as well. I'm not being negative, but for 4 and a half yards of the greenstuff I would like to see that I am not buying a static print that could just as easily hang on the wall.
So, how does this unit plug into the pin or get its signals to start its action?

I can't really tell you everything that it does as far as interacting because i didnt have it on very long because there is something that is on that i believe shouldn't be. I think its the clock trying to run but it isn't for some reason and i dont want it to burn anything up so i can't do a video sorry. I just know that the lights interact when you hit certain things and supposedly the Raven pops out and taunts you and stuff too.

I have looked at it twice really good and i just cant figure out what is going on so i am going to have to send it back and get a new one unfortunately. I also know you aren't negative Cotton, i was just kidding about that. It is definitely a nice topper though and i think it will be cool for sure. Theres a lot of moving parts in there though that could fail thats for sure. I hope that it will be reliable.

#4955 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can't really tell you everything that it does as far as interacting because i didnt have it on very long because there is something that is on that i believe shouldn't be. I think its the clock trying to run but it isn't for some reason and i dont want it to burn anything up so i can't do a video sorry. I just know that the lights interact when you hit certain things and supposedly the Raven pops out and taunts you and stuff too.
I have looked at it twice really good and i just cant figure out what is going on so i am going to have to send it back and get a new one unfortunately. I also know you aren't negative Cotton, i was just kidding about that. It is definitely a nice topper though and i think it will be cool for sure. Theres a lot of moving parts in there though that could fail thats for sure. I hope that it will be reliable.

OK. I understand. But how does it hook up and get its signals from the pin? Does it get power from the pin? Or does it have to plug into the wall outlet? Or is it battery powered?

Is Stern going to cover you for all of the shipping back and forth and make you whole with the replacement unit?

I wonder how robust the unit is? It is sturdy. And will it go the distance? Or is the clock going to break in a couple of years?

#4956 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For me it's about 700 $ when including international shipping, custom fees and 25% taxes on total cost - so I too would like to see it in actual gameplay before considering it. As I've already modded and customised my Pro for about 2000$ my game is starting to get expensive I do like what I'm seeing so far though (except the price).

#4957 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I understand. But how does it hook up and get its signals from the pin? Does it get power from the pin? Or does it have to plug into the wall outlet? Or is it battery powered?
Is Stern going to cover you for all of the shipping back and forth and make you whole with the replacement unit?
I wonder how robust the unit is? It is sturdy. And will it go the distance? Or is the clock going to break in a couple of years?

There are two plugs that come out of the topper. One plug is like an ethernet cable that plugs into the main computer board and the other is a little white plug that plugs in to a board near the bottom of the back box so yes it gets it power from the pinball machine itself.

I have talked to Zach and he said he would cover the shipping. Zach is super easy to work with and a great guy. The topper seems well built but it is made out of plastic as you know but it looks nice and seems well built. As far as will it go the distance, well time will tell on that i guess. Like i said, theres a motor for the clock, a coil that opens and closes the Raven door, little circuit boards also in there so i just dont know. I hope it does but there is definitely things that could tear up in there just there is on a pinball machine.

#4958 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure just yet. Im going to look into it again here in a bit. The Raven door doesn't want to shut which i believe to be a mechanical issue but i am also hearing a motor running or a coil energized or something that i dont believe should be on....but i really dont know either. My clock is also not spinning either and i think it should be. I wish that i could see a video of one so i could see how its suppose to work exactly. Im sure yours will be ok, just a fluke that i got a bad one probably. Thats my luck pretty much with anything that i buy.

Did the topper come with installation instructions?

Sounds like you may have it plugged in to the wrong port on the CPU. Email Chas and get him to help out!

You can then put up a video of what the topper does.

#4959 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Did the topper come with installation instructions?
Sounds like you may have it plugged in to the wrong port on the CPU. Email Chas and get him to help out!
You can then put up a video of what the topper does.

Yeah it comes instructions. I had it hooked up right trust me. Its a piece of cake to hook it up

#4960 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

One plug is like an ethernet cable that plugs into the main computer board and the other is a little white plug that plugs in to a board near the bottom of the back box so yes it gets it power from the pinball machine itself.

Where is the access point for this cable and white plug? Do you have to lower the back box to gain entry? I don't remember seeing any access holes when I brought my LE home.

It isa lot of money but for the right product I will step up. I'm building a custom topper for one of my other pins and it is going to break the bank, so for the right topper I would join up.

#4961 4 years ago

You may wait to see if others have the problem before sending it back, you never know it could be a code issue.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure just yet. Im going to look into it again here in a bit. The Raven door doesn't want to shut which i believe to be a mechanical issue but i am also hearing a motor running or a coil energized or something that i dont believe should be on....but i really dont know either. My clock is also not spinning either and i think it should be. I wish that i could see a video of one so i could see how its suppose to work exactly. Im sure yours will be ok, just a fluke that i got a bad one probably. Thats my luck pretty much with anything that i buy.

#4962 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where is the access point for this cable and white plug? Do you have to lower the back box to gain entry? I don't remember seeing any access holes when I brought my LE home.
It isa lot of money but for the right product I will step up. I'm building a custom topper for one of my other pins and it is going to break the bank, so for the right topper I would join up.

There is a hole in the top of your backbox that has a plastic plug in it about the size of a quarter or a little bigger maybe. You just have to pop that plug off and there it is.

#4963 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is a hole in the top of your backbox that has a plastic plug in it about the size of a quarter or a little bigger maybe. You just have to pop that plug off and there it is.

Thank you.

#4964 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thank you. Looks like a topper was planned from day one.

This indicates to me that Stern is happy with Munsters sales levels; That there enough Munsters in the wild that there will be a good market to sell toppers to. Of course, this is just a guess, but it sounds good.

#4965 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Looks like a topper was planned from day one.

That’s the plan with all games.

I thought we told you to stop worrying about sales numbers and enjoy your game? Haha

#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah it comes instructions. I had it hooked up right trust me. Its a piece of cake to hook it up

I am sure Stern will look after you. Please let us all know the outcome.

Good Luck!

#4967 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am sure Stern will look after you. Please let us all know the outcome.
Good Luck!

Oh yeah, i have no worries about that at all. I bought it from Zach at Flip N Out Pinball and he will take care of me. Thats why i bought it from him because i knew if something went wrong that he will have my back and he wont give me the run around or any bullshit. He’s a great guy and the communication is great if you ever need him. There is going to be problems with anything that you buy sometimes no matter what company makes it and it certainly isn’t any fault of Zach's. I just happened to be one of the lucky ones that got a bad one.

#4968 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you. Looks like a topper was planned from day one.
This indicates to me that Stern is happy with Munsters sales levels; That there enough Munsters in the wild that there will be a good market to sell toppers to. Of course, this is just a guess, but it sounds good.

This is not unique to Munsters. Stern now plans toppers for every game. Sales levels of a given title have no bearing on whether there is a topper or not because the toppers are designed during the development cycle before any sales are known.

I suspect the number of toppers sold for any title, including Munsters, is a small fraction of overall game sales. But the Munsters topper is cooler than most because it actually seems to do something unlike most of the toppers we’ve seen to date. If I end up buying a game, I’ll get one.

#4969 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There are two plugs that come out of the topper. One plug is like an ethernet cable that plugs into the main computer board and the other is a little white plug that plugs in to a board near the bottom of the back box so yes it gets it power from the pinball machine itself.
I have talked to Zach and he said he would cover the shipping. Zach is super easy to work with and a great guy. The topper seems well built but it is made out of plastic as you know but it looks nice and seems well built. As far as will it go the distance, well time will tell on that i guess. Like i said, theres a motor for the clock, a coil that opens and closes the Raven door, little circuit boards also in there so i just dont know. I hope it does but there is definitely things that could tear up in there just there is on a pinball machine.

I wonder if Stern would just sell the circuit boards. I would like to buy or make a cuckoo clock and hang it on the wall be side the game. I think that would be cool.

#4970 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I wonder if Stern would just sell the circuit boards. I would like to buy or make a cuckoo clock and hang it on the wall be side the game. I think that would be cool.

I don't think that they would. You could always email them and ask i guess but i doubt it. Cuckoo clocks are awesome though!

#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I was thinking the same thing! How much cooler it would be to have an actual clock, on a wall nearby, that is interacting with the machine. For what Stern is charging for the topper, a real clock might be cheaper.

#4972 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I was thinking the same thing! How much cooler it would be to have an actual clock, on a wall nearby, that is interacting with the machine. For what Stern is charging for the topper, a real clock might be cheaper.

Ain't that the truth!

#4973 4 years ago

Bluetooth enabled raven clock that taunts you from a distance- now that sounds cool

#4974 4 years ago

Waited for this to be released as the Munsters is by far my most favorite show (Hogan’s Heroes is up there too despite being born long after the pair were televised).
I think the game is beautiful, easily accessible to casual players, and a great addition to my collection.
Allow me to ask, and this is in no way trying to start any negativity....is anyone else disappointed in the lack of the main trio?
It is great to see the characters visually on the art. But the aural portion sorely needs more Herman, Grandpa and Lily. Knock off Dr. Dudley is an ancillary character at best.

#4975 4 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

But the aural portion sorely needs more Herman, Grandpa and Lily. Knock off Dr. Dudley is an ancillary character at best.

If by Dr. Dudley, you are referring to the Paul Lynde voice, I disagree. I am so busy playing that I don't have time to look up and watch the video. At the end of the game I shut the extra video down buy hitting the start button for a new game. I don't care all that much for the video portion.

While I playing, I like hearing Lynde's voice taunting me and insinuating that I am a crappy player. Herman, Grandpa, and Lily are too nice to drive me on. Lynde's taunting me with his smart ass remarks piss me off just enough that I want to smack that ball around the play field again.

Without Lynde, what you have is a 21st Century version of Breakshot with that little kid calling out "GREAT SHOT !" every time you hit a switch almost. After about 5 times of hearing it, "Great Shot" becomes the most annoying sounds in pinball, IMO.

Using Paul Lynde's voice is a master stroke, IMO. Now, hit the ball, if you can. My little buckaroo.

#4976 4 years ago

I love the match videos. I shut it off/start a new game after it finishes playing. I don't think it will cause me to sell it any earlier, but I am a bit disappointed at the half done in game videos. Herman's fine, but the animated Lily and Spot just don't cut it. At least Grandpa has an intro scene and it's show footage of him in his mode. Still a fun game and I like it a lot, as does the family. Just a few rule tweaks and some more in game show footage would make this one really shine.

#4977 4 years ago

Question:

If you had a chance for “Eddie Munster” to sign your pinball machine:

A. Would you?
B. If yes, where?

Thx!

#4978 4 years ago

I would go with the translite,apron or simply a blank apron card.

#4979 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question:
A. Would you?
B. If yes, where?
Thx!

He signed a Pro translite for me. I have a b&w Prem.

#4980 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question:
A. Would you?
B. If yes, where?
Thx!

No.

#4981 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question:
A. Would you?
B. If yes, where?
Thx!

Heck yeah, Eddie Munster is awesome. I would have him sign the translite and apron card both if he would, if not i would do the translite first.

#4982 4 years ago

Remember Dom Deluise also portrayed Dr. Dudley. Love the character, enjoy the voice actor too.
Just feeling that the main trio is sorely missing. So many catch phrases, laughs and subtleties by the actors would have really added to this game

#4983 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hoooooly shit, what a bunch of negative Nancy's we have around here people.....chill out! I got my topper today and it is absolutely beautiful. I was so excited to be the first one to post a topper pic but as luck would have it, my topper has an issue with the Raven door.
I worked on it and worked on it diligently because i wanted to be the first one to post pics of it lit up and stuff but it just wasnt meant to be i guess. Im going to have to get a new topper sent to me unfortunately looks like. The good news is though its beautiful, it matches the black and white Premium in my opinion and its interactive with the game. Anyone who ordered this topper is going to be very happy.
I guess im still technically the first person to post a Munsters topper pic so eat your heart out guys!
[quoted image]

Looks awesome!!!..now won't fit under my stairs, dammit, sawzall time....guess I'll have to post a sign "watch that 5th step, not ADA compliant"..

#4984 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Heck yeah, Eddie Munster is awesome. I would have him sign the translite and apron card both if he would, if not i would do the translite first.

When I die and the girl friend has to sell my pins, other than 3-4 bolt on mods and can be easily removed, they will taking home a stone stock, as it left the factory, Munsters LE. The goodie bag is still stapled in position.

#4985 4 years ago

Bravo! Bra...fuckin...vo!! Now that’s a topper!! Easily the best topper Stern have made next to BM66, the fact this one is mechanically interactive and not just interactive lighting might put it ahead of BM66 topper but this is nice and I will be grabbing one I just need Dwight to push the code and theme integration so I can buy a colour premium!

#4986 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bravo! Bra......vo!! Now that’s a topper!! Easily the best topper Stern have made next to BM66, the fact this one is mechanically interactive and not just interactive lighting might put it ahead of BM66 topper but this is nice and I will be grabbing one I just need Dwight to push the code and theme integration so I can buy a colour premium!

You’re right, if it works the way they bill it, it will be one fun topper and the only one I would be interested in buying. I’m not a topper fan and think most look like junk, but if this is interactive as they say, telling you modes you’re in, with taunting and such, should be fun!

#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

Cool story, I posted on Facebook Monday the 8th.

I’ll try to get a vid up tomorrow, Franchi has been trolling me to do so.

Life, work and shit has been in the way.

AD1540E3-A560-408B-86E2-975D74F2A4C7 (resized).jpegAD1540E3-A560-408B-86E2-975D74F2A4C7 (resized).jpegE42661AC-7F15-401C-9C5C-FA1171907D41 (resized).jpegE42661AC-7F15-401C-9C5C-FA1171907D41 (resized).jpeg
#4988 4 years ago

Well had the Topper for our tournament today. It's hard to play the game to get topper to do stuff and record. But here's a couple of videos. I will try to get someone over here to record as I play. Anyway my take is. Seems clock hands rotate all the time. It's great the characters flash when in mode. Love the raven, although this is my main complaint. There is a large flasher right behind the raven. As he pops out, this light blinds the hell out of you. So just like spot. You can see no detail in the raven sculpt. It just looks like a black something that pops out. I wish his eyes lit up. Also he is too fast. By the time you know he has popped out. He has gone back in. He need some code work. Raven multiball the clock goes faster.
Overall a cool topper. A little something, or tweaks and it will be a great topper.
Magicchiz

#4989 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

There is a large flasher right behind the raven. As he pops out, this light blinds the hell out of you.

Yes i agree totally. I noticed that immediately and i hate it.

#4990 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes i agree totally. I noticed that immediately and i hate it.

Now don't be a negative nancy

But seriously that doesn't sound great. There must be a way to tone it down, either via code or physically.

#4991 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Well had the Topper for our tournament today. It's hard to play the game to get topper to do stuff and record. But here's a couple of videos. I will try to get someone over here to record as I play. Anyway my take is. Seems clock hands rotate all the time. It's great the characters flash when in mode. Love the raven, although this is my main complaint. There is a large flasher right behind the raven. As he pops out, this light blinds the hell out of you. So just like spot. You can see no detail in the raven sculpt. It just looks like a black something that pops out. I wish his eyes lit up. Also he is too fast. By the time you know he has popped out. He has gone back in. He need some code work. Raven multiball the clock goes faster.
Overall a cool topper. A little something, or tweaks and it will be a great topper.
Magicchiz

It appears that the topper doesn't extend the full width of the back box.

Can you tell me how wide it is? Still might be able the keep the game under the staircase.

If the Eddie ( left) side is inset 4"( might be able to slide the game an inch so 3" could work) before it goes up, I'm good ( making total width of topper around 20").

Thanks for any help. Not keen on moving the game as it fits that area so well....

#4992 4 years ago

Just had my first Midnight Madness. Had read about it in this forum and on flippers.be but was completely unaware of such a feature.

But what a mega cool feature, I thought I broke my machine and got goosebumps all over. It boosted my high score beyond 140 mil.

#4993 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Cool story, I posted on Facebook Monday the 8th.
I’ll try to get a vid up tomorrow, Franchi has been trolling me to do so.
Life, work and shit has been in the way.[quoted image][quoted image]

Now THAT'S a topper! Much better than all the other crap hanging around.

#4994 4 years ago

Well I just tried to order....and shows sold out.....

#4995 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ut oh...Surely more coming soon

#4996 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ut oh...Surely more coming soon

Hope so.... sent a email to Stern

#4997 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

There's one on E bay from a authorized dealer for same cost that Stern in charging on their site. This guy had 10 of them and I bought the last one in that listing but he added a single one the next day. I ordered mine Thursday night , it shipped out very next day and will arrive this Wednesday . The shipping is a little higher than Stern but you avoid the sales tax and earn a few EBay bucks which makes it even way more cheaper than the Sterns Shop. He even takes offers if you're willing to risk loosing it to his buy it now price.

#4998 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Now don't be a negative nancy
But seriously that doesn't sound great. There must be a way to tone it down, either via code or physically.

Lol you will soon find out if you buy one. It was literally the first thing that me and my gf noticed. We were like OMG that light!!!

#4999 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

There's one on E bay from a authorized dealer for same cost that Stern in charging on their site. This guy had 10 of them and I bought the last one in that listing but he added a single one the next day. I ordered mine Thursday night , it shipped out very next day and will arrive this Wednesday . The shipping is a little higher than Stern but you avoid the sales tax and earn a few EBay bucks which makes it even way more cheaper than the Sterns Shop. He even takes offers if you're willing to risk loosing it to his buy it now price.

The one I found on Ebay is free shipping.....

#5000 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The one I found on Ebay is free shipping.....

Great job! Double bonus!
There were 2 of them listed from different sellers and I noticed they are both gone now. Hope some other Pinsider got the other one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/100?hl=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.