You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
#1 8 years ago

I'm trying to run a few things off the 12v connector inside to the right of the coin door, including lighted flipper buttons and undercabinet lighting. If I hook them both up individually, no splitter, they work fine, but when I try to run them off a splitter, only the lighted flipper buttons work.

The splitter itself is not the issue I don't think as it works in other games, including both my LOTR and tspp.

The connections are all good, checked with continuity.

Sterns connector has three wires, black (grnd), gray-rd (12v) and red (5v I believe).

In my splitter (ignore the heat shrink, I was moving things around) red connects to stern's gry-rd wire and black to black. My splitter has a 3 pin connector to stern's 3 pin connector, but then I split them into 2 pin connectors as 5v isn't used.

Anyone have any thoughts why I can't get both the undercabinet lighting and the flipper buttons to work at the same time?

Coin door connector:
image.jpegimage.jpeg

My splitter:
image.jpegimage.jpeg

My splitters connection to coin door connector.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

What about individually "through" the splitter? Where you mention they work individually with no splitter ok, it seems to mean the splitter is out of the circuit.

#3 8 years ago

I have continuity from the first connection to each branch. The splitter works in other games.

#4 8 years ago

If only the lighted buttons light, did you switch the two lights and confirm the buttons (only) work on the other splitter line? If so then it comes down to current or volts. I'd guess that the button light are hogging all the juice? I'm not an EE or anything, I just know not to let the magic smoke out of the wires. That said I run a ton of lights (12' of undercab, speaker lights, lighted flipper buttons, others) off the 12v in my Mustang with no problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12v-splitter-problem-ironman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.