Instruction-Card-Template----Final-Mockup-w-0.25-in.-Bleed (resized).jpg
TZ Manuals.jpg
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1502681702775.jpg
IMG_6065 (resized).JPG
2a0fa738f28e5d52157da4a6e9d88508--funny-star-trek-patrick-stewart (resized).jpg
manuel fawlty towers (resized).jpg
tenor (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

what constitutes a "service manual?"
gameplay? shot layout? parts identification? accurate bolt sizes?
I am not being sarcastic, just curious what it is (other than wiring diagrams) that people are looking for?

The critical content IMO:

- Setup and adjustments: especially tuning the tilt settings and the audio levels. It's far more complex to tune the audio levels in TNA due to there being adjustments in 3 different locations that all need to be set correctly: on the System settings, LCD backpanel, and the external amp in the cabinet. Saying "it was set at the factory don't touch it" is completely unacceptable. The external amp sub volume can be off a hair and have a very significant and negative impact on the games overall sound, for example.
- Rubber rings map and sizes
- Mechanical assembly diagrams with corresponding part #s so replacements can be purchased as needed (for all targets, drop targets, trough, scoops, etc.).
- Wiring diagrams - which leds, coils, switches go to which boards, where are they located, etc.
- In a perfect world, schematics for the boards themselves (maybe available from Multimorphic?)

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

I don't need it now, but in the future, other technicians will need that information. Just look at Williams manuals. You'll find AC power wiring diagrams, DC power wiring diagrams, which driver transistor operates which coil or lamp, and schematics of every single board in the machine. This is why I put together as much as I could for the pinwiki Spooky Pinball Repair Guide there, to help other folks repair their Spooky machine.
Without board schematics, how is a game board supposed to get fixed? Send the board to Ben Heck or Multimorphic for repair? If that's case, that can mean an on-location game could be down for weeks. What if either company should suddenly go out of business?

Exactly this. And double yes to the fuse chart.

Problem is all this stuff is spread all over inter webs, some even only in forum responses, a lot nowhere at all apparently.

I don’t want to be a jerk but it’s long past time Spooky provided these docs in a central location on their own website, along with code updates. It’s time to put their “big-boy” pants on and get their technical documentation up to snuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12k-not-to-happy-spooky-1?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.