(Topic ID: 97907)

128x16 LED DMD replacement. No response from PinLED?

By jdevowe

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I have a recent rather unfortunate tale of dealing with PinLED.

The screen on my TMNT went out, so I sent it to a local tech to take care of that as well as some other issues, and what happened was this:

PinLED ordered. Took many weeks to get delivered. Turned out to be a problem with the German postoffice. Screen finally arrives and gets installed, problem was it wasn't working correctly. It would display correctly most of the time, but at times would cut out completely and at other times display garbled pictures. The tech did some troubleshooting, and after some back and forth with the company, PinLED said they were seeing the same issues on their end and it was a result of a manufacturing defect. They had planned on correcting the defect and producing more screens. They offered a refund if the screen was sent back. Screen gets sent back, and unfortunately the last I heard the tech has still not received a refund.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/128x16-led-dmd-replacement-no-response-from-pinled?tu=ectobar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.