11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kbliznick
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Does Dale/Vishay still make these? What's going on with the PinLED versions, did they stop making them? Does X-Pin have plans to reproduce these?

#2 11 years ago

I just bought one a couple weeks ago from Action amusements. now their website says out of stock.I emailed pinled before I bought this one, but never got a response from them. Not good customer service in my book..

#3 11 years ago

These are no longer being made. The PCB's have been out of production for quite a while, and the replacement glass itself more recently. I've confirmed this with Terry at PBL. Unfortunate, but used is the only way you'll find one. I suspect the 128 x 32 will run out eventually as well.

As for the LED...

http://www.pinled.de/shop/product_info.php?cPath=7_54&products_id=30&osCsid=7lf2lu8tek1aebvqjdgr131654

#4 11 years ago

I'm sorry but $283 for a smaller DMD that costs more than one twice its size is crazy. How is that helping anyone? Waiting on X-Pin to make something more reasonable.

#5 11 years ago

The smaller one has always been more. I'm assuming there is a low demand for it, and thus it's price to help absurb this.

I bought one for my hook, and it was great. I appreciate that pinled is the only company that stepped up to make this, despite the price. I wish they would start making the larger sega ones as well.

If Terry is out of the glasses, which is scary, this is really you're only choice.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I'm sorry but $283 for a smaller DMD that costs more than one twice its size is crazy. How is that helping anyone? Waiting on X-Pin to make something more reasonable.

Okay, sorry. In the absence of anything else though...

#8 11 years ago

Ok

Pulled the boards from my stash and tested them in my Hook.
    The best way to compare the glass in these games is too look for an animation that uses alot of half tones and an outgassing display might not show all the dots in this scene even though it shows all the dots in the regular full bright animations. On Hook there are 2 in the attract mode, one is captain hook and the other is peter pan, the peter pan animation seems to show this better than the hook animation

So here is what I have

#1 Full Bright display that works perfectly during all animations $250

#2 Full Bright display that works perfectly during all animations, this one has had 4 pins repaired with silver epoxy $225

#3 Bright display that is just starting to show the littlest bit of fade but only the edges of the peter pan animation $200

#4 Display that works perfect for all full bright screens but is missing half of peter pan, the hook animation does appear to display perfectly. $150

plus shipping

Thank
    Kris

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/128x16-dmds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.