• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230129_183246 (resized).jpg
20230129_183323 (resized).jpg
124pin (resized).JPG
#1 1 year ago

I originally posted this in my Diner restoration thread yesterday, but thought maybe folks outside that particular soapbox radius might appreciate it. Especially if you collect model vehicles.

So I'm developing a local homage topper idea which includes a 1:24 scale truck, and thought it might be amusing to put a replica of the same pinball machine in the truck's bed. Of course miniature pins aren't exactly new, but a quick glance at those available reveals them to be either too large (1/12) or too small (HO scale? Whoa, my model RR roots are pleased). And they're kinda pricey for what they are when you're not fully "sold" on how well the concept might execute.

So I took photos of my own pin, scaled them down, drew up a quick origami layout, and presto!

124pin (resized).JPG124pin (resized).JPG20230129_183246 (resized).jpg20230129_183246 (resized).jpg20230129_183323 (resized).jpg20230129_183323 (resized).jpg

Yes it's really kinda silly, but the same can be said of scale models (not to mention full scale pin ownership) in general - and silly isn't *bad* per se.

Some refining might still be in order, but for quick-dirty-and-cheap (especially since I never tried to make my own papercraft before), I'm pleased. It gets the point across!

But what's arguably even funnier is that presuming I scaled the pin properly, it would have been tricky/risky to haul even two pins in the bed of a '79 F150... man but I've been spoiled by my 1 : 1 minvans

#2 1 year ago

Came out great.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/124-papercraft-pinball-for-model-trucks-and-such and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.