(Topic ID: 219188)

121 EMs - ONE DAY SALE Jun 23 - Pacific Pinball Museum

By spinal

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    20180623_113750 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TurnedWoods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

Hello all, I attended this event today 6/23. This will be a brief report out on the event.

As I understand it, this event served 2 purposes. 1 - fund raiser for the PPM by clearing duplicate game holdings, 2 - more publicity for PPM and for all the right reasons, and one could probably tie that to getting the word out that pinball is fun as well as educational.

The PPM annex is out in Alameda, CA. On the old navy base. Easy access from 880.

The event planners set up an entrance process, which would allow a continues trickle of participants. Overheard one family note this was similar to flying South West airlines, and they nailed it with that comment.

I didn't count machines but I would guess that there were ~ 125 machines up for sale. Machines which were functional were powered up and running and there was a note on the frame noting it was a working game. Some machines were presented with notes describing whatever issues may be taking place with the machine. The event did offer some replacement back glass, some art work and a few other odds and ends.

The team that put this event together had volunteers at the ready to break down the machine and help with loading. There was an option to come back on a different day to pick up the machine as well.

The team member that helped me with the purchase noted that this is the first time this event took place with PPM, and there is a possibility that there will be another event in the very near future.

My opinion is that this was well organized, outstanding use of volunteers (lady that helped me out was from Sacramento, a 100 mile drive from this venue!). Checking out and payment was easy and as noted, getting the machine loaded up was equally painless.

I now own a Tropical Isle machine, my first EM. A good addition to the Gilligans Isle and Black Rose

Thank you PPM!

20180623_113750 (resized).jpg20180623_113750 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #14 5 years ago

There was a question posted about obtaining a list of what was being sold at the event.

This is the link to the event. https://www.pacificpinball.org/games?page=5%2FCaptain-Fantastic-Embroidered-Pop-Bumper-Patch-p86738591%2FPacific-Pinball-Museum-Adjustable-Baseball-Cap-Red-p86738537

Looks like they pulled the list down from the weblink.

Will add that I have not gotten a follow up announcement on the second round of sales. Now wondering if they are rethinking this or if it just takes a lot of effort to put this together and the announcement is forthcoming.

Eric

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TurnedWoods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/121-ems-one-day-sale-jun-23-pacific-pinball-museum?tu=TurnedWoods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.