Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by emsrph
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a Williams "Space Shuttle" and I'm trying to install some lighted flipper buttons from Coin Taker. Where can I tap into a 12 Volt Power source near the flipper buttons? I'm guessing that the plugs that came with it will need to be cut off and it will need to be hardwired? Also.... I bought a 12 Volt LED Strip that plugs into an ordinary 120 volt, wall socket power supply. Can I tap into the same 12 Volt source as the one for the flipper buttons? I want the LED strip to light up only when the game is switched on. There is nothing fancy about the strip. It doesn't change colors, or flash, and no remote control. It's 5 meters long and lights up in blue, same as the flipper buttons. I am electronically illiterate and need as much help as I can get. Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-lighted-flipper-buttons-for-418
This is better for older machines and cheaper. Use those for your AC/DC if don't already have them! Get some clear flipper buttons from pinball life.
As far as the led strip, don't really know. Is there a plug in inside cab at the power switch box?

#3 7 years ago

Bump.

#4 7 years ago

Is there somewhere to tap into 12volt power near the coin door?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

Is there somewhere to tap into 12volt power near the coin door?

Why not just wire a 12v transformer brick to the on/off switch?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Why not just wire a 12v transformer brick to the on/off switch?

I know nothing about 12v transformer bricks and less about wiring them. Can you explain this in a little more detail. Thanks.

#7 7 years ago

There's this for $7
https://www.amazon.com/JACKYLED-Power-Supply-Adapter-110V/dp/B006NTNGN0/ref=pd_lpo_23_lp_t_3

It comes with connector to wire up to lights.

Never mind... Has some bad reviews

Eric

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-volt-power-supply and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.