You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron_display_difference_(1024x683)_(80.jpg
IMG_0468_(800x533).jpg
IMG_0560_(800x533).jpg
quorra.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

See for me the music is one of the reasons I love it....to each is own though.

Yeah i get that, if you like the music it would make it a great machine for you even if you hate tron. For me though it's just a culmination of a lot of things with the theme that I can't get past. I'll stick to enjoying it when i can play one that I don't have to have in my living room.

#52 11 years ago

If LOTR was half as loved by the community as Tron is there'd have been a IJ style path of the dead wobble mod released years ago! That path is plain POINTLESS and stop yabbering on that the balltime makes it the best game - its just plain BORING and even more rubbish artwork due to cheap CMYK printing hell!

Tron #1 : Best collectors machine, best modders machine IMHO - deal with it! Its not hype why Stern are still making them people - its just plain and simple a damned-fine table and people want them!

And FWIW - Pros rules here : chrome "trim"dont fit (as Henry Ford says - black legs, black bolts and black t-molding all the way!) - multi-coloured fibre looks nice but dont exactly fit the theme - pink!? PINK!? Green? Seriously - just cos the kit can make the colours does it need to be used?!?? argh!!! If it aint blue, yellow or white its not in-keeping

Oh.. and FWIW #2 is Ripley's

Whats laughable about ac/dc is people can't play a pro without a "rubber kit mod" as its a out and out drain monster on the centre bell end shot - so it HAS to be an expensive option "premium or LE" to at least be a half decent game (sorry Mr Ritchie) : so it can't be better than a Tron just on that one point alone surely!?!

Anyone else I can hack off with this post If Sterns reading I accept paypal, freebies, expensive excursions and site-tours ... or indeed one of those rocking 2D Tron Babes translights that you've added recently since I got one pre-ordered before the initial original release based purely on the theme and faith of a Stern great and a nice looking flyer clearly showing a sensible table layout- wanted by the pin community - demand served by Stern- thanks again!!! But 3D translight or not - i'd rather have Clu and Gem watching me play thats for sure

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Rav:

Green? Seriously - just cos the kit can make the colours does it need to be used?!??

Isn't Quorra's inserts green? GREEN?!

#54 11 years ago

My biggest problem is that I felt the movie Tron:Legacy sucked ass. There was no discernible plot line. The character development was largely nonexistent. The 3D effects were more like an afterthought/gimmick for Disney to pilfer extra money from people (only a fraction of the movie was actually in 3-D because they were too cheap to do it right). The lighting and color palette was horrible. The original movie introduced us to a new world that was creative and interesting. The sequel was more like the result of a bunch of accountants determining the cheapest way they could fleece the original Tron fanbase. As good as the game might be, it suffers from being associated with what I consider to be a really bad screenplay and production.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Rav:

That path is plain POINTLESS

Ever consided skillfully nudging? If you nudge into the flashing lanes you score a higher soul amount.

Unlit 100
Lit 250
Flashing 500

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from steely_menace:

but take it out (or make it easier) and you eliminate the only really hard shot in the game.

And this is the reason that I let it go. I was either too easy, or nearly impossible. Those are 2 things that I don't enjoy on a machine.

I do have to give Tron credit though, it was always visually and aurally entertaining!

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Its hard for me to explain to people why I like tron so much....it's just a feeling I get while playing the pin....for me this pin is much greater then the sum of its parts.

This is exactly how I feel about the game. If you just look at the game on paper, it doesn't seem like it should be so much fun. When you play it, however, everything gels in such a cohesive way that it really sucks you into the game. Of course, I happen to love the movie and music, so that's a huge factor in my love for the game.

As far as whether or not the LE will hold its value once Eli's kit is released for the pro, one has to look no further than BSM. This is a case where the gameplay isn't similar, it's identical, and yet the more limited version goes for way more money. There are collectors out there that simply enjoy owning rare stuff, and the LE will always be rare.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from steely_menace:

12 reasons why Stern’s TRON: Legacy PRO pinball is the best Stern pinball in recent years.
12. It has a nice translite. (unlike World Poker Tour)
11. It has two ramps, not just one. (unlike Avatar)
10. It is not based on a TV Show which will soon be off the air. (Sopranos, CSI and 24)
9. You can buy the PRO version and not feel like you are missing out. (AC DC)
8. Its code is mostly complete. (unlike X-Men)
7. The modes and multi-balls are actually fun. (unlike Transformers)
6. It has a cool toy (the spinning disk) that actually enhances gameplay, not worsens it. (unlike the Rolling Stones and Mick on a stick).
5. Ball times are not too long, like Spider-Man.
4. Or too short, like Ironman.
3. And the sub-wizard mode is attainable for intermediate players. (unlike Simpsons Pinball Party)
2. It has 3 flippers. Lord of the Rings only has 2. Everyone knows 3 is better than 2.
But the #1 reason is…
It is not Big Buck Hunter. This pinball has theme and styling in spades!
Sorry, I have been bitten by the TRON pinball bug. When I am not playing TRON, I am compelled to post in forums about how great it is. This post is tongue-in-cheek. I have some love left for other Stern creations. My other pinballs, however, are collecting dust and will be up for sale soon so I can buy more TRON mods.

13. I own one so I need to keep posting how awesome it is to keep the value up.
Ok , realize that was a joke before getting all defensive or offended. TRON is a good game, not the best, but an "A" title for sure.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

and 1 BIG reason why Stern’s TRON: Legacy PRO pinball is not the best: The GEM shot.

I have to say that on this note you are wrong. The GEM shot in Tron is great IMHO and I will tell you why. It takes a bit of skill to hit and this is a plus in my book. You can also hit the GEM multiple ways.

1 you can plunge the shot
2 you can hit the shot off the standup targets (pro which I have)
3 you can hit from 3rd flipper

When the target bank is down its not hard to hit from the 3rd flipper. The Gem and the Right orbit through the pops are the 2 hardest shots to hit in the game. If you take the GEM shot out you take alot of skill away from the game. After owning the game for a year and putting over 1k plays on it and read things like this gets me a bit angry. Yes for someone who doesnt have alot of time on TRON can get mad at the shot but as an owner.....u got to love it. Also with the new code if you cant complete GEM you can now collect a shot at the arcade.

The Light show and Music are the best in pinball!
Flow and ball times are perfect!
The game just looks so good!
Hot chicks! Must I go on???

#60 11 years ago

12 reasons why Stern’s TRON: Legacy PRO pinball isn't half the game WPT is:

12. It has only one playfield level. (unlike World Poker Tour)
11. It has two boring feed-the-flipper ramps. (unlike World Poker Tour)
10. It is based on a short-lived movie sequel which will soon be forgotten. (unlike World Poker Tour)
9. You give up some playfield/mode features when buying the PRO version, and ARE missing out. (unlike World Poker Tour)
8. Its shallow code is not really complete. (unlike World Poker Tour)
7. The modes and multi-balls are pretty generic. (unlike World Poker Tour)
6. It has cheap plastic ramps. (unlike World Poker Tour).
5. It has zero drop targets. (unlike World Poker Tour with 16!)
4. The playfield is a near-clone of previous layouts. [Funhouse, Tommy] (unlike World Poker Tour).
3. It only has 1 sub-wizard mode, and rules are pretty basic. (unlike World Poker Tour)
2. It has only 3 flippers. World Poker Tour has 4. Everyone knows 4 is better than 3.

But the #1 reason is…
Steve Ritchie and Keefer didn't design it. WPT has flow, depth and strategy in spades! ['spades'--get it?]

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

8. Its shallow code is not really complete. (unlike World Poker Tour)

After the recent update, it's pretty hard to argue that the code isn't complete.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

After the recent update, it's pretty hard to argue that the code isn't complete.

Even if fairly 'complete,' it is still shallow with a fraction of the strategy of WPT.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

WPT has flow, depth and strategy in spades!

You almost have me persuaded, Steven

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

You almost have me persuaded, Steven

To quote an OLD commercial: "Try it, you'll like it!"

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Even if fairly 'complete,' it is still shallow with a fraction of the strategy of WPT.

There is a big difference between shallow and incomplete. Incomplete code sucks, but there are a lot of great games with shallow rules. Likewise, just because a game is deep doesn't mean it is unanimously loved. A lot of people hate games like WPT, TSPP, etc ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-reasons-why-stern%e2%80%99s-tron-legacy-pro-pinball-is-the-best/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.