Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Vanquish09
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Picked up my first new clunky flippers Stern Elvis pinball and a Rock solid Williams Banzai Run !

The Elvis was bought from the original owner. The build date on the machine is November 2004. Elvis has a shipping label inside the cabinet that says it was shipped from Automated Services on June 2007.

I basically picked up a brand new Elvis that has very little play. So far I like it .

The Banzai Run is a very different game and I will see if I like it or not .

Damn can't seem to keep my collection small..

Jim

#2 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Damn can't seem to keep my collection small..

Not a problem Jim, I would be willing to store and play up to 4 machines for you. I will be expecting your PM shortly. No but seriously congrats on the two new pins i always seem to have fun playing Banzai Run when I get the chance.

#3 12 years ago

Banzai Run with the vertical playfield is well liked by owners, I know of one dude who loves it so much he owns two of them. Now that's dedication! And congrats on Elvis, (thank you very much!!)

#4 12 years ago

Nice scores, Jim. never played the Elvis Pin but Banzi was arguably Lawlors most unique design. Congrats!

#5 12 years ago

You know I have to be honest the Elvis is a fully loaded game compared to what is coming out of the factory today .

BR will not go anywhere soon .

Jim

#6 12 years ago

quit braggin'!

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Damn can't seem to keep my collection small.. []

I feel so bad for you

#8 12 years ago

Elvis has entered the building

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

quit braggin'!

I agree. Wish I could come off the holiday period, after all the gift buying yada, yada, and buy two pins within 2 days

lol..seriously though gl with the additions!

#10 12 years ago

They say a large collection compensates for a small something else... j/k

#11 12 years ago

Congrats - I picked up my Elvis two days ago. I am looking forward to setting it up. BR is a fun pin. How is the cabinet, most had a hard time that I have seen. Does it have the plastic trim between the two glasses? Hard to source. Enjoy, Chris made a nice one for me. Check out the photos on his site.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheStranger:

They say a large collection compensates for a small something else... j/k []

You got that right... My brain lacks from being large .

Jim

Quoted from Pinballdad:I agree. Wish I could come off the holiday period

I sold two over the holidays ,so it is not new money ..

Jim

#13 12 years ago

would love to check out a br some time

#14 12 years ago

congrats on new pins,br seems like a fun machine

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

quit braggin'!

Got to share with my buddies ..

Jim

#16 12 years ago

I hear you. After a New years Pin part then Tat's pin party. I have now sold all 4 pins in this room to make way for a whole new direction.
    IM, TRON LE, TF LE, WOZ, TZ and MM will be my new 6 pack

#17 12 years ago

Great way to start the year.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

Great way to start the year.

Quoted from mojozone:

I feel so bad for you

Nice going Jim-Wheelin and Dealin--

#19 12 years ago

I have a HUO Elvis, and it's going nowhere. Not only has it been a favorite since it came out, mine belonged to a friend who passed away.

I remember playing it in the Expo tournament the year it came out. My 2nd favorite SR game.

#20 12 years ago

Nice score on the Banzi Jim...sure is different with that vertical playfield but fun to play.

#21 12 years ago

How long have you lived in ST George Honda350r?

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

How long have you lived in ST George Honda350r?

27 years.. A lot has happened to this place since I first moved here.

Jim

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

jhanley said:How long have you lived in ST George Honda350r?
    27 years.. A lot has happened to this place since I first moved here.
    Jim

Don't sweat it, you can always say "WTH else is there to do in Utah, cept own 20 pins"

Congrats on getting 2 titles that are not seen in many collections. Actually, I just looked at your collection. Love it! So many out of the norm games. I would love to check out a group of machines like that. You have an awesome line-up!

#24 12 years ago

Yeah St George used to be a small town. I know a few people there that I met up at Kolob in about 1975.

#25 12 years ago

Every time I go to play Banzai Run at PHOF, it is always off!
    Nice score though Jim! (On the Banzai, NOT on the Elvis... )

Now I am craving a "Chili Doughnut (Donut?)"... Thanks pal!

#26 12 years ago

Hmm chili donut? interesting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-days-in-the-new-year-and-already-bought-two-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.