(Topic ID: 204949)

12" 150W MonoPrice Sub $79 + Free Shipping!

By vid1900

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5788 (resized).jpeg
    Pinsider Monoprice Hookup Detailed (resized).jpg
    Two RCA Setup.pdf (PDF preview)
    Single RCA Try #2.pdf (PDF preview)
    Single RCA Try #1.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_5790 (resized).jpeg
    previexxw (resized).jpg
    97233 (resized).jpg
    97231 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

Ahh I see vid1900 is a slickdealer. This is definitely a good deal and also has dual inputs like the PSW10 so it can cover 2 games.

1 week later
    #25 6 years ago

Anybody else use this sub with their pins?

I previously had my Met hooked up to a PSW10 via cabinet speaker wires to hi level inputs and it sounded great. Then hooked it up to this 12" monoprice sub's hi level inputs and it did not get very loud at all even at the loudest sub setting. I soldered an RCA plug to the speaker wires and plugged it in to the sub's line in RCA and it sounds great now and gets plenty loud. I just find it odd that the PSW10 speaker level inputs work fine on Met but the 12" monoprice sub needs them connected to the low level inputs.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from sbjmg:

Thanks for asking the question, I thought my sub was defective from mono. I will try the RCA trick you mention. Wonder why that is?

I have no idea, very weird that the speaker level inputs are unusable. You would need very loud volume on your speakers to use them, and then the pin would be way too loud.

1 year later
    #47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I got mine today and it turns on, but it doesn’t do much if anything. I can hear a slight sound of bass when it is turned all the way up, but the cabinet speakers are way louder.

I had to use the below fix, although it was a slight pain that it didn't work as intended out of the box it now sounds great.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Anybody else use this sub with their pins?
    I previously had my Met hooked up to a PSW10 via cabinet speaker wires to hi level inputs and it sounded great. Then hooked it up to this 12" monoprice sub's hi level inputs and it did not get very loud at all even at the loudest sub setting. I soldered an RCA plug to the speaker wires and plugged it in to the sub's line in RCA and it sounds great now and gets plenty loud. I just find it odd that the PSW10 speaker level inputs work fine on Met but the 12" monoprice sub needs them connected to the low level inputs.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

So you solder both speaker wires to one rca cable? Either the red or white rca cable? I guess that makes sense.

Correct

1 week later
    #82 5 years ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

This seems potentially risky to me... in general the (-) output of an audio power amp is not necessarily a ground point, whereas the shield of an RCA cable is often assumed to be ground. If it were me, I'd try something like this instead (with a transformer inside):
    amazon.com link »

It's not risky and a transformer is unnecessary.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

A typical WPC or Stern game uses ground as the reference for the PA, so you're right that there's no issue if you use a single wire & a single sub. But it's not a requirement that the sound board ground the black wire, so other designs could potentially do other things. Also, I've personally messed this up before putting 2 machines on the same sub without watching the polarity and you can get some weird stuff like one game drawing power from the other (my MMR screen turned on even with the power off). These are expensive toys & it seems reasonable to be cautious.

Ok yes I agree now, I am only using this hooked up to one pin but you have a valid point when doubling up on the inputs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-150w-monoprice-sub-79-free-shipping?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.