(Topic ID: 204949)

12" 150W MonoPrice Sub $79 + Free Shipping!

By vid1900

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5788 (resized).jpeg
    Pinsider Monoprice Hookup Detailed (resized).jpg
    Two RCA Setup.pdf (PDF preview)
    Single RCA Try #2.pdf (PDF preview)
    Single RCA Try #1.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_5790 (resized).jpeg
    previexxw (resized).jpg
    97233 (resized).jpg
    97231 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Try that 10gauge wire, then switch to 10gauge Romex wire.
    Make a pseudo bi-wire so you only have to disconnect a single wire to make the swap.
    You would think that 10gauge is 10gauge - until you try this test.

curious how you are doing this. I have a decent onkyo system, and I used decent cable, not the tiny things that it came with, but am not as impressed as I think I should be.
    or the CAT 5 option someone else posted above.

1 week later
    #53 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Alright. I soldered the rca cable to the speaker wire. Using alligator clips, I clipped the silver speaker cable to the yellow black wire and the red speaker cable to the yellow wire at the cabinet speaker. I then soldered the suppled RCA cable to the speaker wires. The RCA cable attached to the silver speaker wire went in the red sub rca in and the red speaker wire with the red rca went into the white sub rca in.
    The first time I plug the rca into the sub it did not work. After testing I found when the out side clips of the rca touched the sub inputs the sound kicked out. I then removed the outside clips/tabs from the rca cables and it worked fine. I’m not sure what this all means, but it has plenty of bass now.

I believe you have this wrong, the inside of the rca is the positive and the outside is the negative. Each RCA plug is + and -. So pulling from one speaker, you would use one RCA plug.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-150w-monoprice-sub-79-free-shipping?tu=Insane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.