New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 204949)

12" 150W MonoPrice Sub $79 + Free Shipping!

By vid1900

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5788 (resized).jpeg
    Pinsider Monoprice Hookup Detailed (resized).jpg
    Two RCA Setup.pdf (PDF preview)
    Single RCA Try #2.pdf (PDF preview)
    Single RCA Try #1.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_5790 (resized).jpeg
    previexxw (resized).jpg
    97233 (resized).jpg
    97231 (resized).jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

If you guys are ready to kick your bass up from those little 10" subs, here is your chance.

In the world of subs, there is no replacement for displacement.

This sub also has auto-on, so it turns off automatically if it gets no signal for 2 minutes.

Normally $100 + $50 shipping; this is a great deal for $79 shipped.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=109&cp_id=10906&cs_id=1090602&p_id=9723&seq=1&format=2

97231 (resized).jpg
    97233 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Is there a website where they are selling these?

#3 2 years ago

Monoprice.com is the site and the maker

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9723

EDIT: Monoprice has always been an awesome place to pick up stereo shiz on the super cheap.

#4 2 years ago

They also make some pretty sweet souding Tube amps for guitar. Here's one with a 12" Celestion Speaker for $179
    You can't beat that with a stick!
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=611815&gclid=CjwKCAiAmb7RBRATEiwA7kS8VCLkvJIbbwZPxtFOxu31myuIJX58fMik7gw9ObJ6gdqQivLwf_hOKhoCjDMQAvD_BwE

#5 2 years ago

Has someone had one of these hooked up and how do they like it ?

#6 2 years ago

Is the bass on the 10” not enough?

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Greg2608:

Has someone had one of these hooked up and how do they like it ?

I've heard them as part of a home theater and they sound good.

They will play deeper and louder than the 10" that some people have.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Is the bass on the 10” not enough?

If you already have a 10 you are happy with, then stick with that.

But for the same money, I'd much rather have a 12 with 3x the watts to shake my saucer...

#9 2 years ago

For the quality of most pinball sound any sub will do. However this is a hell of a good deal. I have 3 different kinds of subs throughout my collection and honestly they are all the cheapest at the time and I can't really tell the difference.

#10 2 years ago

I bought a Polk for my TWD, but I will keep Monoprice in mind for next time. I have bought tons of cables, speaker wire, wall plates in-wall speakers, etc. from them. Great prices. There is no reason to overpay for cables. I discovered them right after I bought my first HDTV. I bought it from Circuit City (remember them?). While I was there, I picked up a Monster HDMI cable for $110. Thankfully I found Monoprice and promptly returned it.

#11 2 years ago

Ordered 2. Thx Vid for the heads up

#12 2 years ago

Ahh I see vid1900 is a slickdealer. This is definitely a good deal and also has dual inputs like the PSW10 so it can cover 2 games.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This is definitely a good deal and also has dual inputs like the PSW10 so it can cover 2 games.

You could use the 2 inputs to run 2 games to it, or add a cheap line-mixer and you could put 12 games on it.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

I bought it from Circuit City (remember them?). While I was there, I picked up a Monster HDMI cable for $110. Thankfully I found Monoprice and promptly returned it.

Yep monoprice was the first real big box backbreaker (maybe parts express?) I can remember. Hmmm...I can buy an HDTV wall mount from Best buy for $120 or literally the same one from mono for $8.

You have to be able to get over the fallacies of the audio life for it to work though. Jesus i still have some 10 (TEN) gauge speaker cable in some places from my youth....what a f-ing waste.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You have to be able to get over the fallacies of the audio life for it to work though. Jesus i still have some 10 (TEN) gauge speaker cable in some places from my youth....what a f-ing waste.

Try that 10gauge wire, then switch to 10gauge Romex wire.

Make a pseudo bi-wire so you only have to disconnect a single wire to make the swap.

You would think that 10gauge is 10gauge - until you try this test.

#16 2 years ago

I tried to order 2 of them but when I went to pay it said shipping was $93 and the total was like $250. How do ya get free shipping, is there a promo code?

#17 2 years ago

It no longer has the "free shipping truck" next to the price, so the sale might be over.

#18 2 years ago

If I get another email that it's back, I'll bump this post.

#19 2 years ago

In the meantime Vid, do you have a suggestion for a line mixer?

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It no longer has the "free shipping truck" next to the price, so the sale might be over.

It musy be over because I went to buy 1 and shipping dropped to $50. I'm out but thanks for the heads up though vid.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Make a pseudo bi-wire so you only have to disconnect a single wire to make the swap.

Could not agree more. I made my own set from Cat5 cabling (braided) and when I disconnected my ($600 set at the time) old speaker cables and reconnected the ones I had just handmade - I was floored. It was like I had just popped another $5K into electronics. I have a JA Michell Gyrodec SE TT as my front end and was not hearing half of what it was capable of. Cables matter

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep monoprice was the first real big box backbreaker (maybe parts express?) I can remember. Hmmm...I can buy an HDTV wall mount from Best buy for $120 or literally the same one from mono for $8.

Ah yes, I have bought many TV mounts from there too. A metal plate and some lag bolts. How much?

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You could use the 2 inputs to run 2 games to it, or add a cheap line-mixer and you could put 12 games on it.

Is there a line-mixer that you recommend? I'm not sure what to look for.

#24 2 years ago

A line mixer is just a cheap box that lets you input a bunch of different signal levels, and dump them into a single output.

You can find used 8 or 12 input units on CL for ~$40.

A popular brand for cheapness is Behringer.

Their 4 channel unit is at Guitarcenter for $23

previexxw (resized).jpg

Don't go too overboard with input channels. There are 32 channel line mixers for $250, but at that price, I'd probably just buy 3 more subwoofers....

#25 2 years ago

Anybody else use this sub with their pins?

I previously had my Met hooked up to a PSW10 via cabinet speaker wires to hi level inputs and it sounded great. Then hooked it up to this 12" monoprice sub's hi level inputs and it did not get very loud at all even at the loudest sub setting. I soldered an RCA plug to the speaker wires and plugged it in to the sub's line in RCA and it sounds great now and gets plenty loud. I just find it odd that the PSW10 speaker level inputs work fine on Met but the 12" monoprice sub needs them connected to the low level inputs.

#26 2 years ago

I previously had my Met hooked up to a PSW10 via cabinet speaker wires to hi level inputs and it sounded great. Then hooked it up to this 12" monoprice sub's hi level inputs and it did not get very loud at all even at the loudest sub setting. I soldered an RCA plug to the speaker wires and plugged it in to the sub's line in RCA and it sounds great now and gets plenty loud. I just find it odd that the PSW10 speaker level inputs work fine on Met but the 12" monoprice sub needs them connected to the low level inputs.

Thanks for asking the question, I thought my sub was defective from mono. I will try the RCA trick you mention. Wonder why that is?

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbjmg:

Thanks for asking the question, I thought my sub was defective from mono. I will try the RCA trick you mention. Wonder why that is?

I have no idea, very weird that the speaker level inputs are unusable. You would need very loud volume on your speakers to use them, and then the pin would be way too loud.

#28 2 years ago

Could be a defective batch with the wrong limiting resistors installed.

I looked at the most recent reviews and no one has mentioned it - yet

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Could be a defective batch with the wrong limiting resistors installed.
    I looked at the most recent reviews and no one has mentioned it - yet

Mine has the same problem with the speaker wire inputs. Speaker wire to RCA works perfect.

#30 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for a plug and play option connecting a powered sub to any dmd Wms/bally, dmd stern, or new stern spike 1/2 system we have kits on
    Pinnovators.com under our pinsub kit section.
    Wpc dm
    Wpc dcs
    Wpc 95
    White star
    Sam
    Spike 1 & spike 2
    You will get a better signal to the sub then running off the cabinet speaker with wires, so much so that you will have to turn your sub down in comparison. If your purchasing the Polk psw10 you should be running two games to one sub, if you connect our pinsmx your connecting four games to one sub.
    No soldering, no cutting, one plug in wire from the board to your sub.
    Thanks,
    Lorenzo

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

If anyone is looking for a plug and play option connecting a powered sub to any dmd Wms/bally, dmd stern, or new stern spike 1/2 system we have kits on
    Pinnovators.com under our pinsub kit section.
    Wpc dm
    Wpc dcs
    Wpc 95
    White star
    Sam
    Spike 1 & spike 2
    You will get a better signal to the sub then running off the cabinet speaker with wires, so much so that you will have to turn your sub down in comparison. If your purchasing the Polk psw10 you should be running two games to one sub, if you connect our pinsmx your connecting four games to one sub.
    Thanks,
    Lorenzo

Those work GREAT and worth the money. I have them on all my games with subs. I had to turn my subs down too.

#32 2 years ago

Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a 2nd sub, so carefully look at what you are paying for stuff.

#33 2 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone

5 months later
    #35 2 years ago

Fyi- this was not legit and has been pulled by ebay.

5 months later
    #36 1 year ago

I know it's been lower, but if you've got an itchy Black Friday trigger finger...

12" Monoprice Sub

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/monoprice/product/109723/

Use code "BF20" for 20% off making it $96.

Now that I ordered, I fully expect it to be available for less in the next couple of days, lol. You're welcome!

3 weeks later
    #37 1 year ago

Looks to be at $76.49 now with Amazon coupon and free shipping.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9723

#38 1 year ago

Where does one get this Amazon coupon you speak of?

#39 1 year ago

I think it says this on the product page, but the code is 10AMAZON which is 10% off if you use Amazon Pay at checkout

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I think it says this on the product page, but the code is 10AMAZON which is 10% off if you use Amazon Pay at checkout

Scored the Sub yesterday. $84 with tax, guess we are starting to pay tax nation wide now. Come January the party is over, Tax for all no matter what website we use. Going to be hard, never ever paid tax on Marco's.
    Thanks for the tip on sub.

#41 1 year ago

I've been waiting for something like this. Order placed. Thank you!

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Scored the Sub yesterday. $84 with tax, guess we are starting to pay tax nation wide now. Come January the party is over, Tax for all no matter what website we use. Going to be hard, never ever paid tax on Marco's.
    Thanks for the tip on sub.

Fine, I'll buy one. I've been looking for another one and your comment about the tax put me over the edge. I forgot that was changing soon.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

curious how you are doing this. I have a decent onkyo system, and I used decent cable, not the tiny things that it came with, but am not as impressed as I think I should be.
    or the CAT 5 option someone else posted above.

#44 1 year ago

Idiot question. My lineup is WPC and Sterns mostly. How do you hook up your games to a sub? How does it know what frequencies to send to the speakers and which to the subs? I assume you need more than wire, hookup cables and a sub? Is there an idiots guide?

Thanks!

1 week later
    #45 1 year ago

Got my subwoofer yesterday. Dead on arrival. Sucks!

#46 1 year ago

I got mine today and it turns on, but it doesn’t do much if anything. I can hear a slight sound of bass when it is turned all the way up, but the cabinet speakers are way louder.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I got mine today and it turns on, but it doesn’t do much if anything. I can hear a slight sound of bass when it is turned all the way up, but the cabinet speakers are way louder.

I had to use the below fix, although it was a slight pain that it didn't work as intended out of the box it now sounds great.

#48 1 year ago

High-level inputs work just fine on my monoprice 12".

#49 1 year ago

I had to use the below fix, although it was a slight pain that it didn't work as intended out of the box it now sounds great.

I’ll try this today and report back

#50 1 year ago

I also got one of these that doesn't do much. I may need to try soldering the speaker wire to the RCA plug as others suggested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 30.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinball Haus
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 19.99
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 32.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 55.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 122.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 189.99
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside