Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BigB
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4476_1024x768.JPG
    IMG_4474_1024x768.JPG
    P1020704_1024x768.JPG
    P1020690_1024x768.JPG
    P1020679_1024x768.JPG
    P1020676_1024x768.JPG
    IMG_4471_1024x768.JPG
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Time once again for the "Dayhuff's 12 Hours of Pinball Party " on November 2nd 2013 from noon to midnight. This is a open invite to anyone on the group, plus anyone they might want to bring along with them that's into playing pinball. This is something that we started doing to try and get some local and some not so local pinheads together to play, talk and brag about pinball stuff for the day.

Each year this party has grown to such a huge amount of people coming through that it's hard to keep track of all the faces and names so name tags are provided at the door when you first arrive. These are located in the kitchen so please come through the front door so you don't miss them because we all want to know who you are and please be sure to find me at some point even if it's just to say hi.

There will be a few munchies when you get here but feel free to bring something more for others to munch on too. Try to stay away from a bag of chips unless it goes with a specific dip you're bringing since we will end up with 20 unopened bags at the end of the night. Something homemade is always a big hit, cookies, dips, or anything else you can think of is always fine with us. SuAnn will make meatballs and sausage dip as usual. I'm providing about 10 different kinds of pop, bottled water and some diet stuff too, so if you want anything specific make sure to bring it.......and I'll buy the Pizza Hut pizza around 6-7pm. Please remember when the pizza gets here that everyone would like to have some. Please RSVP me back personally either via email or phone if you're coming and how many people will be with you. That way we can better plan for the amount of people that will be attending. At last years party there was 150+ people that came through....some stayed all day some for a few hours, its up to you and NO, I dont need any help setting up the games the night before or three hours before the party begins. Thanks anyways, but noon means noon. In the past we have done official T-shirts to commemorate the event and will be doing so again this year. Once again this year just like last year Jeff Rumsey came up with another really cool design for the back of the shirt that looks sweet. If you're wanting a shirt or even more than one please let me know ASAP since the cut off date to get it to the printers will be the 11th of October, I'll need to know how many shirts and what sizes. These shirts are made up ahead of time based on your request and can be picked up here the day of the party. I will NOT have extras the day of the party, if you don't preorder you won't be able to get one. Price per shirt is $20 straight across the board regardless of what size you want and I'm pretty sure I can get all the way up to a 5X. Remember the cut off date is October 11th. You can still RSVP for the party after that but the sooner we know you're coming the better, and if you can't make it after the RSVP then please let me know that as well.

There will as always be a Zen tournament again this year on a preselected pin that has been kept a secret for the last several weeks and only a small hand full of people know which pin it will be for obvious reasons. Joe Kace from Laseriffic Laser Engraving is already working on some really cool trophy's (but please dont bug him about what game they're for) for this years top two winners. As most of you know Joe does only the best in making all your aftermarket lighted up toppers, if you havn't seen his website you should check it out. There will also be other pinball related prizes for the runners up. If anyone wants to donate some sort of pinball prizes for the tournament winners feel free to do so and it will be greatly appreciated. You don't have to get into the tournament if you don't want to but you can't win unless you play. The way the Zen tournament works is great because it gives everyone a fair chance to win no matter how good or how sucky you are at playing. Heck my own mother took fourth place last year and she never plays any other time of the year. Pete Mathis will be around to collect your names for the tournament, please be sure to stick around until the ending if at all possible, other wise your partner will be scrambling to find someone to take your place or worse yet have to admit defeat because you left before it was over with. The entire tournament takes about three hours give or take.

Each year the party is in the late fall for a reason, it's just to dang hot out in the summer and then comes Expo....and well, everyone's just to busy any other time. Even though it's cool outside it can still get warm inside so dress in something comfortable that will keep you cool since it tends to get warm in the basement what with so many people and games going all at once. Bikini's for the ladies is a must......just kidding, just kidding.

Now for the RULES, and yes we must have a few basic rules to avoid some past issues. First, make sure you have a good time and play as many games as possible. If something breaks down (yeah like it won't happen.....lol..) please let me know ASAP and I'll try to get it fixed if it's something simple and before it gets too crowded. If a ball is stuck in a game feel free to open the game and take care of it yourself, just PLEASE be carefull with the glass and let people around you know what you're doing...we dont need thousands of pieces of glass all over the basement. Please no drinks or food on the games, under the games is fine or on another safe place like upstairs on a coaster. No smoking in the house. There is plenty of fresh air to pollute outside or in the smokers lounge (garage) which might have a game or two to play as well. Parking is available up and down the street but please don't block anyone's mail box or driveway. I've not had any neighbor issues with these partys yet so lets not start now.

Ok, with all that said (and if you havn't fallen asleep yet) lets get into the list of games, not that its all that important but some people like to know what they're getting into ahead of time. This list is ever changing so don't hold me too it.

Big Bang Bar, Pinball Magic, DE Playboy, DE Batman, King Kong, DE Star Wars, Tales from the Crypt, Guns and Roses, Batman Forever, Apollo 13, Monopoly, Simpson's Pinball Party, Elvis, Stern Spiderman, Champion Pub, Cactus Canyon, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Revenge from Mars, Star Wars EP. 1, Cue Ball Wizard, Haunted House, Black Hole, Rocky, James Bond, The Amazing Spiderman, Charlies Angels em. version, Canada Dry, Fast Draw, Central Park, Nags, Blackout, Superman, Getaway (HS II ), Blackwater 100, Special Force Girls, Gilligan's Island, Judge Dredd, Who Dunnit, Twilight Zone, Theatre of Magic, Shadow, No Good Gofhers, Williams Dracula, Monster Bash, Williams Indy Jones, Funhouse, Taxi, Big Guns, Banzai Run, Iron Maiden, Classic Stern Viper, Orbitor one, Bally's Rolling Stones, Kiss, Centaur, Fathom, Spectrum, Wizard, Nip-It, Fireball Classic, Six Million Dollar Man, Bally's Playboy, Harlem Globetrotters, Mata Hari em. version, Evel Knievel em. version, 1931 Baffle Ball, 1932 Bally Hoo, 1933 Worlds Fair Jigsaw and M. Redgraves 1876 Parlor Bagatelle, and of course HERCULES. Plus there's the Asteroids, Spy Hunter, Dragons Lair, Space Pilot, Rapid Fire, Ten Strike bowler, Two Rush the Rocks, 1937 slot machine, two jukeboxes and as always the pop machine. if your still curious you could type my name into You Tube and it should pull up some video's of past party's that Marcus Anderson and others shot over the years. It's great to see how things have changed from year to year.

When you call or email with your RSVP, I'll give you my exact address if you don't already have it for GPS'ing. Its pretty simple though. Remember you MUST RSVP no matter what and if possible please use my direct email address which is [email protected] it just makes my life so much easier.

Well that's about it I guess. We hope to see many of you again this year, and hopefully many new faces again this year as well.

Thanks,
    John and SuAnn Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#2 10 years ago

Moved to pinball events sub forum. Don't forget to list this as a formal event in the events page itself so people can see what other Pinsiders are going. Hope the event goes off without a hitch!!!

#3 10 years ago

I was gonna RSVP but then I saw the lineup and was like, meh....

J/K that lineup is Ok.

#4 10 years ago

RSVP'd and attending no matter what!

#5 10 years ago

John, how does your Zen tournament work?

Not that I have any plans to conquer, but I'd like a briefing

#6 10 years ago

Just like every year my Girlfriends annual birthday falls on the same day.

Have fun everyone!

#7 10 years ago

Hey John and SuAnn,
    I'm sure Pete's already emailed you, but I just thought I would post it on here too. Pete and I will definitely be there to help you guys out in any way we can. We always have such a blast at your parties!

Quoted from mrbillishere:

PM my husband pmWolf (Pete). He will be running it and he can answer any of your questions.

Julie

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just like every year my Girlfriends annual birthday falls on the same day.
    Have fun everyone!

Bring her with you or celibrate the birthday on a different day, I'm sure she would understand. Right ?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#9 10 years ago

Very simple really. All the names of the people in the tourney are put into a hat and drawn out at random and you are then partnered with someone else who's name was also drawn from the same hat. You are now a team of one and each of you will work your own flipper button competing against all the other teams. Its a total crap shoot who you get to play with. After a first round of elimination it comes down to the best score from each team. Usually we have around 30 teams ( of two people per team ) and we get it down to say the top 5 or top 10 highest scores. After that first round is over,only the top teams are left based on there's being the highest scores. We mix up all the names again and then you partnered up again with someone else at random by drawing the names out of the hat again and then we play the final round to find the team with highest scoreing points.

Does that make sense ?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from HumanFemale:

Hey John and SuAnn,
    I'm sure Pete's already emailed you, but I just thought I would post it on here too. Pete and I will definitely be there to help you guys out in any way we can. We always have such a blast at your parties!

Who are you again ?? Just kidding !!

Glad you and Pete make it each year, we couldn't pull this off without the two of you to help out with all you do.

OK, back to working on the games for the party.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#11 10 years ago

I'll be going for sure. Dayhuff's party is always one of the highlights of the year.

Thanks once again for opening your home and collection for another 12 Hours of Pinball Party John!

Jeff R.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Bring her with you or celibrate the birthday on a different day, I'm sure she would understand. Right ?

You know what man, I thoguht that was a completely rational idea myself...the first (and last) time I brought it up.

#13 10 years ago

Not sure how close your are... But a great friend has a flat tire and needs help honey .BRB.. Honest...

1 week later
    #14 10 years ago

Bumping this for those that need to RSVP and that want to order a shirt.

Thanks
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#15 10 years ago

So nice of you to oppen up your home to all us nerds. Unfortunately we will not be able to make it again this year as we have a prior obligation.

Have fun!

Maybe next year...

#16 10 years ago

Simple reminder to get your Tshirt orders in if your even thinking about ordering one. I have to turn it all into the printer on the morning of the 14th so the 13th is the deadline and once its turned it its done and over with so dont wait, do it now.

Thanks,
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You know what man, I thoguht that was a completely rational idea myself...the first (and last) time I brought it up.

Way to have some balls, princess.

#18 10 years ago

Why can't these Heaven on Earth parties happen over here?

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from balselly:

Why can't these Heaven on Earth parties happen over here?

Just hop on a plan and get yourself over here. Every year it seems like I get somebody from far away and this year is no different. Many a times people have flown in just the party from California, Florida, Germany.... This year its Iowa, but there not flying there driving but still thats a major drive for a pinball party you gotta admit.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

1 week later
    #20 10 years ago

Today and tomorrow is the last day for Tshirt orders, I was able to extend it out a few days but Monday night is it for sure and it has to go to the printers. If you want a shirt waiting for you at the party then please let me know now.

Thanks
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#21 10 years ago

Being the guy that's driving from Iowa. It's not just for a pinball party... I'm getting a shirt too!! LOL... The shirt. The pins. The girls. This party is gonna ROCK!
    You are supplying the girls?? Right?? Ha Ha

#22 10 years ago

Unfortunately I am going to miss out this year, another obligation has come up. I will though deliver the trophy's to John at Expo for the Zen Tournament... bummed out.

#23 10 years ago

Last chance is until 11 pm tonight. After that you'll have to win one in the Zen tournament to get one as there will be no extra's. Act now !!

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#24 10 years ago

Easy....

Everyone puts their name in, I throw them all in a hat and draw random teams of two.

You and your randomly chosen partner play the mystery game and hope for a good score. You both get to have ONE hand on the machine...so you pick a flipper, and your new-found friend takes the other.

I take the top teams to the finals, where the scores reset. (Usually, it is the top 7 or 8 that make the finals. Depends on how many teams we have).

From there, the highest score takes the trophy. Plenty of prizes for the top 3 or 4 teams, too.

We like this format because:
    1) Everyone has a shot. You can't "stack" a team with the best players out there, since it is a random draw for your partner.

2) Great way to meet new pinheads. I've seen some pretty cool friendships pop up just because of a random partnership in the Zen tourney.

3) It's a lot of fun. Don't take it too seriously, and have a good time.

So...conquer away.

Pete Mathis

1 week later
    #25 10 years ago

Thanks to Teo for offering to bring his Mills Counter machine to the party for everyone to play. First time someone has offered to do that. You can check out this link to see the game on IPD. http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1694&picno=16261

Thanks again Teo !!

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

PS. There's still time to rsvp for the party, only one week until party time.

#26 10 years ago

hey john........my son and i will be there again.....should i bring more wings?

#27 10 years ago

Heck yeah, gotta looooove those wings !! Bring em' on.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

hey john........my son and i will be there again.....should i bring more wings?

The wings are wonderful! As if there wasn't enough reason to go...the wings, pulled pork and PIZZA are excellent. 6 days away!

#29 10 years ago

I will be making the trip with Baywatch loaded up for delivery.

#30 10 years ago

Hey John,

Hoping to be there after the football game.

Jeff

#31 10 years ago

Holy crap the RSVP's are pouring in now.........you guys are killing me. Maybe thats got something to do with the BIG surprise ??

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek,MI.
    269-979-3836

#32 10 years ago

John -
    Well, here is another RSVP.

I was unsure if I was going to make it, but after a few years missing it, I am IN this year!

#33 10 years ago

Add one more to your list.
    Howie

#34 10 years ago

My friend already RSVP'd for me but I just wanted to say Hi and I can't wait. Thanks for making this a thing JPD. West Side Pinballers are heading your way.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I will be making the trip with Baywatch loaded up for delivery.

Hmmm, now who could that be for? Perhaps : http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-baywatch-michigan

#36 10 years ago

I have room in my truck for the pin if you have any troubles.

#37 10 years ago

Just counted up the RSVP's and its at 131 confirmed people at this point with a few maybes still floating around out there. I better go buy more food.....

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#38 10 years ago

Dang !! I just found this...its a bit of a hike from Canuck land, but sounds like something me and my Son would love as an overnight road trip...I would love to bring my Devils Dare, usually kicks butt and people love it !!

Next year around same time then ? ? /

Post pics, sounds amazingly fun !!

#39 10 years ago

Thanks again for the party John. I had a blast.

#40 10 years ago

Was a great time John and all the hosting help. Great crowd and games to play as well.

#41 10 years ago

Thanks again John. Had a great time and will be there next year for sure.

#42 10 years ago

I missed it this year since the wife and child got super sick (norovirus) so if anyone has pics/vid, please post!

#43 10 years ago

John- I had the best time. Thanks so much for your generosity in hosting this party.

#44 10 years ago

Thanks again John, I had a great time as always. It was great to see everyone, play some games, and just forget about everything else for a while. Really loved the WOZ.

Oh, and thanks to Pete for running the Zen tournament. That's always fun.

#45 10 years ago

Had a great time, and what an awesome collection!

Thanks to:

John and his wife for opening their home for a day in order for us to enjoy his collection. Highlight for me was playing that King Kong. It's an honestly fun game to flip.
    Astropin, for being my pin transport, movie explainer and travel companion. It's great to have a guy so close with as much in common to share the hobby with.
    Tsskinne, for selling me a pin that he knew I wanted, even though he was not quite ready to give it up. Great guy, class act. If I ever decide to part with it, It's going back to you.
    Usandthem for the good discussion and pinball action!

It was great to meet a lot of new people and play pinball. Love this hobby!

#46 10 years ago

AWESOME PARTY JOHN AND SUE !!!

Many ditto thanks. There was great food and pop all day long and Pizza Hut for dinner. Oh and some pinball machines

#47 10 years ago

Please post some pinball party pics for those of us that live too far away.
    Sounds like it was a blast.

#48 10 years ago

I'll try to get pics tomorrow. Way too tired tonight.

Party was awesome! Thanks to all..

Pete

#49 10 years ago

Yes it was a great time and I'd have to say probably one of the best one's so far. Thanks to Pete and Julie for all there help. I've got a ton of pictures too and will post them soon, but today is my DO NOTHING day. I've just had my big glass of milk and some home made peanut butter cookies that someone left here and now I think I'm gonna go watch some tv and fall back to sleep.

I'll be back later.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI
    269-979-3836

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Had a great time, and what an awesome collection!
    Thanks to:
    John and his wife for opening their home for a day in order for us to enjoy his collection. Highlight for me was playing that King Kong. It's an honestly fun game to flip.
    Astropin, for being my pin transport, movie explainer and travel companion. It's great to have a guy so close with as much in common to share the hobby with.
    Tsskinne, for selling me a pin that he knew I wanted, even though he was not quite ready to give it up. Great guy, class act. If I ever decide to part with it, It's going back to you.
    Usandthem for the good discussion and pinball action!
    It was great to meet a lot of new people and play pinball. Love this hobby!

I'd definitely like to echo these sentiments. Never in a million years did I expect to ever have the chance to play King Kong, Cactus Canyon, Big Bang Bar, and Banzai Run ever in my life, much less all at the same place on the same day, all in wonderful condition. Great seeing you there as well, Todd. It was great to meet Astropin as well!

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/11th-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.