• Latest reply 4 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191116_194415 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Been having a weird reset issue (Flintstones) and even with a new Driver Board still having random resets. Checked the Line Voltage and Getting 113V at the end of the cord. Thinking this might be too low?

My 12V seems to flucuate between 11.5 and 12V on the Driver Board Test point and thinking this may be the issue but not sure.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

#2 4 years ago

It shouldn't. Check your manual if you can change the voltage plug dohickey for what it is wired for and if it can be set lower.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

I've had resetting issues on my WPC games even at 115V. Rebuilding the power board helped but 113 definitely is low... I haven't found any way to high tap WPC either

#5 4 years ago

I always put me meter in the service outlet and hit the flippers repeatedly when diagnosing a reset issue. I would bet that you may be dropping to 109 or lower when hitting flippers.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the insight. A a side note, this game is an import and was converted back to US at some point. There is even a funky little extra transformer inside and I'm trying to figure out what it's for. So there is "service outlet" of sorts in this thing.

House Voltage is 120, I just also realized that I was running an Electric Heater I think. It's 120 in my shop and drops to 113 with the heater on. Yikes!

Also, I've tried installed one of the KAHR daughterboards, and the game refuses to boot with one in, but will boot fine without out. Not sure what to make of that!

20191116_194415 (resized).jpg20191116_194415 (resized).jpg
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've had resetting issues on my WPC games even at 115V. Rebuilding the power board helped but 113 definitely is low... I haven't found any way to high tap WPC either

Look at the WPC Schematics, the "Power Wiring Diagram Sheet 1 of 1". In the center of the page it shows you how to pin your voltage selector Molex plug. If 115v is too low, use the pinout for 103v.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Look at the WPC Schematics, the "Power Wiring Diagram Sheet 1 of 1". In the center of the page it shows you how to pin your voltage selector Molex plug. If 115v is too low, use the pinout for 103v.

115 to 103 seems like a much bigger jump than I'd need. My voltage is only 6V too low in my one game room, not 12V. makes me worry about my logic voltage getting too high. Don't some games have like, 120 vs 115v settings?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

115 to 103 seems like a much bigger jump than I'd need. My voltage is only 6V too low in my one game room, not 12V. makes me worry about my logic voltage getting too high. Don't some games have like, 120 vs 115v settings?

Don't do it, my WCS came wired like that and it ended up trashing a bunch of LEDs in the GI, which was now running closer to 8VAC.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Well, 103 to 115 is only about 11%, so your +5v would jump up to 5.5v. But since it's regulated, it should still stay at 5v. However, was just offering that. And no, there was no 115/120 option, sadly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/113-line-voltage-too-low-for-wpc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.