4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Fishbeadtwo
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20141017_120445-906.jpg
    20141017_163911.jpg
    20141017_163641.jpg
    20141017_162816.jpg
    20141017_145141.jpg
    GAME-1871105221[1].jpeg
    map.jpg
    DSC09106.JPG
    PinballLifeMock.jpg
    PinballLife10.jpg

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

Seems like it was 30-45 minutes max last time I went to PBL explo from the Expo......

#102 4 years ago

Any chance you'll have to turn people away?

#103 4 years ago

I don't think Terry has ever turned anyone away. Dave, I don't know if you have had a chance to hit PBL yet but this event is a must go event.

chris

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Seems like it was 30-45 minutes max last time I went to PBL explo from the Expo......

Googlemaps says 42 mins but that is without taking traffic into consideration. Just trying to judge what to expect of Chicago highways at 4-5 pm on a Friday. I will probably have to leave at 3:30 to make the seminar at 5.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Googlemaps says 42 mins but that is without taking traffic into consideration. Just trying to judge what to expect of Chicago highways at 4-5 pm on a Friday. I will probably have to leave at 3:30 to make the seminar at 5.

also a big work zone.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

That's the problem, the interchange w 290 starts stacking up around 4 at the latest, and will add a fair amount of time. Need a local for a better guesstimate

#107 4 years ago

You guys will not be taking 290 to and from. You will be taking 90 East to 53 north to lake Cook Road west to Milwaukee ave, and yes it is under construction BUT it is just about wrapped up in most places and is flowing pretty good. I drive it daily.... plus you will be heading eastbound to get back to expo and most traffic backups on 90 for the eve rush west of route 53 are westbound. 53 north to lake cook road may be a bit backed up but not until 4:30ish. If you allow 1.5 hours that should be more than enough time.

#108 4 years ago

That's the interchange I was talking about... forgot the highway drops the 290 signage a bit further south. 1.5hrs should be plenty, the earlier you leave, the shorter the time.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from frank34obx:

You guys will not be taking 290 to and from. You will be taking 90 East to 53 north to lake Cook Road west to Milwaukee ave, and yes it is under construction BUT it is just about wrapped up in most places and is flowing pretty good. I drive it daily.... plus you will be heading eastbound to get back to expo and most traffic backups on 90 for the eve rush west of route 53 are westbound. 53 north to lake cook road may be a bit backed up but not until 4:30ish. If you allow 1.5 hours that should be more than enough time.

I-290 and IL-53 is the same road. Also lots of local roads for alt's

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I-290 and IL-53 is the same road. Also lots of local roads for alt's

Do you know a good route north of 90? Is it worth trying to get up to county line road? Fox River is a bit of a barrier...

#111 4 years ago

I-290 and I-90 are not the same road/route...at least not for many years.

IL Route 53 is indeed the same as I-290 for a short distance around Schaumburg, then they split into different routes south of there. 290 ceases to exist north of Schaumburg, and turns into IL 53, which ends at Lake Cook Road.

More road info for those visiting:

We generally don't have "freeways" in Illinois, even if you don't have to pay. Free local urban Interstates are referred to as Expressways, and have a familiar name to them. (For example, I-290 is the Eisenhower Expressway or "The Ike.")

And of course, there are a lot of urban Interstates where you have to pay...these are tollways.

"Highways" are generally major county roads, not Interstates, expressways, or tollways.

If you do end up on any of the tollways (I-294, the Tri-State Tollway, runs close to Expo) and you probably will, especially if you are coming from O'Hare, or heading to and from Pinball Life on I-90...
    If you blow through an electronic I-PASS toll without a compatible transponder, you better remember the toll plaza number, so you can pay by mail or online within 7 days:
    http://www.illinoistollway.com/tolls-and-i-pass/unpaid-tolls

If you don't, you will eventually be charged upwards of $70 for each toll you did not pay:
    http://www.illinoistollway.com/documents/10157/15874/Scofflaw_graphic_0912.pdf

One final warning if you are driving to Pinball Life from Expo:
    The Huntley (IL 47) exit from I-90 has been totally reconstructed since last year, and there is now a toll at the exit, which never existed before. It is I-PASS (electronic toll) only. Cash is not accepted. If you drive through this toll without an I-PASS or compatible transponder, you will be fined heavily, unless you pay within 7 days. (See above paragraphs.)

It sucks. Welcome to Illinois.

-Mark

P.S. E-ZPass transponders are compatible with I-PASS and vice-versa:
    http://www.illinoistollway.com/tolls-and-i-pass/about-i-pass/using-i-pass-on-other-toll-systems
    http://www.e-zpassiag.com/about-e-zpass/85-map

#112 4 years ago

If its electronic only and you can't pay cash, does that mean you also can't use a Credit Card? These are so stupid. We don't have a single one of these in MN.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from marcos:

you better remember the toll plaza number, so you can pay by mail or online within 7 days:

Remember the toll number, AND the price.

Before I had an IPass I thought I'd make a trip through IL by just blowing the tolls and paying them later. I went online to pay, it asked me what tolls I missed and how much they were. Since I wasn't sure, I had to guess and overpay.

Oh, and I still got a notice in the mail about unpaid tolls - I had to call and explain that I had paid, and they closed the charges. Still a hassle, though.

#114 4 years ago

You will have to pay thru the web site after you have driven thru the toll. the toll is just an arch over the roadway. no people.

#115 4 years ago

You can bypass all the tolls by going (Grey colored route) straight out of the hotel west on Lake Cook road to 62 (Algonquin Rd) turn right onto Algonquin Rd (62) then to 47. Turn left on 47 to Oak Creek Parkway. Turn left onto Oak Creek Parkway and you are there. Or you can go Lake Cook to 53 South the 90 west to 47 north to Oak Creek Parkway and pay tolls.

map.jpg

#116 4 years ago

Alternate license plates can be really handy.

#117 4 years ago

Yep what crash said check the box that says avoid tolls on your GPS and follow the the sexy ladys voice prompts. Virtually no time difference and you avoid giving any cash to the state of Il.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crashnburn:

You can bypass all the tolls by going (Grey colored route) straight out of the hotel west on Lake Cook road to 62 (Algonquin Rd) turn right onto Algonquin Rd (62) then to 47. Turn left on 47 to Oak Creek Parkway. Turn left onto Oak Creek Parkway and you are there. Or you can go Lake Cook to 53 South the 90 west to 47 north to Oak Creek Parkway and pay tolls.

Thanks... this is what I was looking for. County Line Rd looked like a good alternative from streetview, at least once you got west of the towns.

#119 4 years ago

But then you won't get close to the Shireland site. Only one interchange past the Pinball Life/Huntley interchange. Priceless.

#120 4 years ago

Day of the party bump!

#122 4 years ago

20141017_162816.jpg

Pinball Refinery brought a nicely modded walking dead
    20141017_145141.jpg

Double Flying Lionman
    20141017_163641.jpg

20141017_120445-906.jpg

Todd tucky made an appearance
    20141017_163911.jpg

#123 4 years ago

Was there a TBL after all?

#124 4 years ago

Lebowski was awesome, it locked up during the car bash (switch needs adjustment). Also Jay's gameshow money tube

2 weeks later
    #125 4 years ago

It was a real blast! And I scored some parts too. Thanks Terry and Margaret!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 64.95
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 89.99
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside