(Topic ID: 103532)

10th Annual Pinball Life Explosion Open House Information

By pinballlife

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141017_120445-906.jpg
    20141017_163911.jpg
    20141017_163641.jpg
    20141017_162816.jpg
    20141017_145141.jpg
    GAME-1871105221[1].jpeg
    map.jpg
    DSC09106.JPG
    PinballLifeMock.jpg
    PinballLife10.jpg
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 9 years ago

Pinball Life Explosion Open House Information

Date - October 17th
    Day - Friday
    Time - Noon to 6:00pm
    Address - 11912 Oak Creek Parkway, Huntley, IL 60142

We are once again holding our annual open house during the Chicago Expo!
    Come on out for free pinball, food, music, and beer. That's right, FREE BEER!

Please, please, please be a responsible drinker if you plan on driving back to Expo from Pinball Life.
    A designated driver is strongly recommended. No one will be over served.

Ryan Claytor of Elephant Eater Comics fame illustrated our shirts for us this year, and they could not have turned out any better!
    Check it out here! - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3541

Event is listed in the *Events* section of Pinside here – https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pinball-life-explosion-open-house-2014

Event info will be regularly updated on our web site here - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=274&pg=1

In 2013 we expanded. Our original 3000 square foot location is now 7500 square feet! Our official address is still 11930 Oak Creek Parkway, Huntley, IL 60142, but we connected to the adjacent warehouse space to the south of us (same building). This year (same as last year) you will enter the open house on the OPPOSITE SIDE of our building. The door address reads 11912, “Pinball Life - Regional Office”. You will see signs directing you to the correct location.

No purchase is required to attend our open house!

WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE PRE-ORDERING if there are any parts you plan on purchasing. Due to the long checkout line in previous years, we are revising our “Take a Number” system to enter the warehouse section and purchase parts (not the 4500 square foot food, beer, and free play section which is accessible to all for the duration of the event). Wait times to *shop* should be significantly reduced compared to last year. Again, PRE-ORDERING would save you the most time. E-mail your parts list to [email protected] stating that your list is an Expo Pre-Order and we’ll have your order ready to go when you arrive. Pre-orders can be placed until Oct. 14th, but not after this date as we will have no time to prepare them once the event is that close. Spend your time playing pinball, eating, and drinking, not messing around with pinball parts!

All sales during the Expo open house are cash-and-carry. We have no way to process a CC at our warehouse.

Here is a partial list of show specials:

Dot Matrix Displays - $145.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Chrome Leg Sets - $40.00
    PinGulp Drink Caddies - $9.00
    Collapsible PinGulp Drink Caddies - $9.00
    Standard Playfield Glass - $20.00
    Widebody Playfield Glass - $25.00
    WPC/WPC-95 Backglass Glass - $15.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Stainless Steel Lockdown Bars - $50.00
    Williams/Bally WPC-era Widebody Stainless Steel Lockdown Bars - $80.00
    Metal Cabinet Protector Sets - $12.00
    PinGuard Cabinet Protector Sets - $12.00
    125-piece White & Black Rubber Ring Kits - $25.00
    Standard Pinballs - $0.50
    Ultra Gloss Pinballs - $1.00
    BriteButton Illuminated Flipper Button Sets - $25.00

More specials will be posted at Pinball Life on the day of the show!!!

As is the case every year, all items in our warehouse will be sold at discount prices.
    Discounted prices only apply to customers who are in attendance at our open house.

This year's lineup of games (subject to change/grow):
    The Big Lebowski Prototype
    The Walking Dead Pro (Pinball Refinery Edition)
    America’s Most Haunted
    Trilogy – the pinball machine that dispenses beer
    Lionman Caged – The Flying machine
    Jurassic Park Evolved
    Iron Man
    Star Trek The Next Generation
    Metallica Pro
    Orbiter One
    No Fear
    Flash (x2)
    Playboy
    Elvis
    Waterwold
    Terminator 3
    Mustang Pro
    Cirqus Voltaire whitewood
    Fire!
    Jurassic Park – The Lost World
    AC/DC Premium
    Pinbot
    Bride of Pinbot
    Stern Starz Vault Edition LE
    Star Trek Pro
    Swords of Fury (LIONMAN!)
    Lord of the Rings whitewood
    Shrek
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Monopoly
    Star Wars Episode 1 (x2)
    Simpsons (Data East)
    Scared Stiff
    Fishtales
    Amigo
    Police Force
    Revenge From Mars
    AND MORE!

Many (but not all) of these machines will be for sale.

This year we are holding not 1, but 2 1-ball tournaments. The tournament games will be played on Mustang Pro and The Walking Dead Pro (subject to change). The prize pot for each tournament starts at $250 and 100% of the entry fees ($1.00 per play) will be added to the payout. Payout schedule is: 1st place - 50%, 2nd place - 30%, 3rd place - 20%.

Are you local and want to bring a game to sell and/or share during our show? We have room for 45 machines, but as you can tell from the list above we are running out of spots fast! All games will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Load in any time between now and Wednesday, Oct. 15th. Load out any time before Christmas! There is no charge to sell a machine at our show; we simply ask that it is set up and on free play during our show hours (noon to 6pm Friday, Oct. 17th).

-PLEASE READ- All persons who bring a game to the event this year will be issued an *all access* pass that allows entry into our new, exclusive hospitality suite!

Please call Terry at 847-515-3415 or e-mail him – [email protected] to make arrangements to bring a game.

I hope to see many of you here!!!

Terry.

#2 9 years ago

Looking forward to attending again this year!

#3 9 years ago

I am going to go broke next month.

Party Time!

Now I have to start making a parts list.

#4 9 years ago

Price? Location?

Quoted from pinballlife:

11912 Oak Creek Parkway, Huntley, IL 60142

#5 9 years ago

Nice...TBL proto....

This is the first official notice that a) a proto is ready, and b) that it will be in Chicago. Wish I could make it to the Pinball Life Open House, but I will be on a plane heading to Expo.

#6 9 years ago

Too bad I have to miss the Pinball Life open house and expo this year.

Nice to hear that Ryan did the shirt artwork. Amazing that the Expo offer of an admission package could not entice him to enter the expo CONtest.

#7 9 years ago

I go just to see Margaret. Sadly, I'll miss it this year.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Nice...TBL proto....
    This is the first official notice that a) a proto is ready, and b) that it will be in Chicago.

Exciting. Apparently playable? Can't wait to hear more about it.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Exciting. Apparently playable? Can't wait to hear more about it.

Yes, playable.
    Terry.

#10 9 years ago

Holy shit that's a party

#11 9 years ago

It will be a great time, I'm not vending this year but if anybody is looking for anything let me know in advance and I can bring it with me Friday.

#12 9 years ago

How far is this from the Westin at Expo?

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

How far is this from the Westin at Expo?

You will want to rent a car. I suggest it. Terry's shindig is always a hit.

chris

#14 9 years ago

Argh, I didn't go last year….I really should go this year…but there are some good seminars at the same time..what to do, what to do...

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Argh, I didn't go last year….I really should go this year…but there are some good seminars at the same time..what to do, what to do...

Do they serve free beer at the seminars ?

#16 9 years ago

As I did last year. I will be running an ambulance to and from the open house. I have seats for 6 passengers but could fit more if people will sit on the floor. I will be leaving the hotel to arrive at the open house when it starts and will leave the open house when a majority of the guest who ride with me want to leave. Just PM me to reserve your spot on the "bus".

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I don't drink. I'm there for pinball stuff!

#18 9 years ago

Pure Awesomeness. Thanks Terry!

#19 9 years ago

Now that I own machines and am a client of PBL I am psyched to check this out! Just got a shipment today actually

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Nice...TBL proto....
    This is the first official notice that a) a proto is ready, and b) that it will be in Chicago. Wish I could make it to the Pinball Life Open House, but I will be on a plane heading to Expo.

So, are there two prototypes then? Might be tough to hoof the thing over to the VIP party and setup in an hour? You would think it would be there first. But, maybe if the cat is already out of the bag at the launch party in the netherlands in 10 days maybe not such a huge deal.

from the dutch pinball TBL VIP party NSNL:

Come to The Big Lebowski™ Penthouse Party
    When: Friday, October 17, 2014 from 19:00 (7:00 PM) until whenever
    Who: Any Very Important Pinhead™ whose preorder account is current
    Where: Penthouse of the Westin Chicago North Shore (Wheeling)
    What: Obviously you're not a golfer.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Smoking or alcohol is NOT PERMITTED in any seminars.

#22 9 years ago

Man pinball life is freakin sweet!

#23 9 years ago

We were overwhelmed at the Westin on our first Expo visit, but we won't miss it this time. Can't wait! Thanks so much for doing this! Really looking forward to seeing everyone.

#24 9 years ago

are the 1-ball tourneys for IFPA points also?

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

So, are there two prototypes then? Might be tough to hoof the thing over to the VIP party and setup in an hour? You would think it would be there first. But, maybe if the cat is already out of the bag at the launch party in the netherlands in 10 days maybe not such a huge deal.
    from the dutch pinball TBL VIP party NSNL:

My bet is that if the 7 cabinets are not finished Prototypes then they are all almost done. They could have 2 or 3 at their Netherlands Launch and ship 2 or 3 for Expo...Dutch Pinball continues to impress. Its almost scary how well things have been coming along with TBL....

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

My bet is that if the 7 cabinets are not finished Prototypes then they are all almost done. They could have 2 or 3 at their Netherlands Launch and ship 2 or 3 for Expo...Dutch Pinball continues to impress. Its almost scary how well things have been coming along with TBL....

Two things on that last point:
    1) Negative Nancy: I don't think you can ignore BOP 2.0 though.. even though they seem to be different companies sometimes, that hasn't gone so smooth; hoping that's all water under the bridge by Expo.
    2) DUDE! Don't jinx it !!!

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't drink. I'm there for pinball stuff!

Ah , OK it would be an easier decision for you if you did drink .I guess it will be a tough decision for you . Lionman caged is pretty cool with or without alcohol .

#28 9 years ago

Do you guys need any help with set up? I am driving down Friday morning and am happy to come down a few hours early to lend a hand and do as told moving stuff and loading in.

#29 9 years ago

I've posted this before, but the thing that will get me to come to expo one year will be this open house and the stern tour. Maybe I can convince my wife we need a family trip to visit some good friends of ours that live in Chicago.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Do you guys need any help with set up? I am driving down Friday morning and am happy to come down a few hours early to lend a hand and do as told moving stuff and loading in.

Thanks for the offer. We should be all set in the help department this year. We have a staff of 24 people to help run this 6 hour event.
    Terry.

#31 9 years ago

Darn not having any way to get there...

Quoted from pinballlife:

Standard Playfield Glass - $20.00

Someone who lives around me and / or knows me, if you can pick up a few sheets of glass for me and bring it up near me, please PM me. I recently discovered that two of my games have non-tempered glass on them, and I'd like to correct that for sure.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I find a way to get to your show
    Terry.

#33 9 years ago

That stern stars vault edition sounds like the highlight of that pin list...

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

are the 1-ball tourneys for IFPA points also?

For 2014, yes . . . under the new system it would grade out to 0%.

FYI I don't believe they have submitted the event to the IFPA calendar (I haven't checked), and it is no longer within the 30 day window.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

For 2014, yes . . . under the new system it would grade out to 0%.
    FYI I don't believe they have submitted the event to the IFPA calendar (I haven't checked), and it is no longer within the 30 day window.

I was actually unaware that there had been a rule change on this. In the past I am pretty sure 1-ball tournaments were not eligible for IFPA points. As stated above, we are past our 30 day window as of yesterday. This will be something I look into next year.
    Terry.

#36 9 years ago

Maybe a silly question, but does anybody have a guess how many attenders of the Pinball Life party are also Expo visitors? And how many are not?

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

but does anybody have a guess

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

does anybody have a guess how many attenders of the Pinball Life party are also Expo visitors? And how many are not?

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Maybe a silly question, but does anybody have a guess how many attenders of the Pinball Life party are also Expo visitors? And how many are not?

As I suggested to you last year, you need to get to PBL and do a write up in your next magazine on the Trilogy Pinball machine. Then you will find out first hand the answer to your question.............. Come on, it's the only Pinball in the world that dispenses beer!!

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Someone who lives around me and / or knows me, if you can pick up a few sheets of glass for me and bring it up near me, please PM me. I recently discovered that two of my games have non-tempered glass on them, and I'd like to correct that for sure.

Dan, I can grab those for you, I have leftover boxes too from my invisiglass orders for safe transport.

#42 9 years ago

Somebody HAS to dress as lionman

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Somebody HAS to dress as lionman

Well, wouldn't Lionman dress as Lionman? I'm sure he's invited. He's probably in the cage as we speak.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If we bring you some glass home, could we get after party tickets for the next MGC?

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Elix72:

If we bring you some glass home, could we get after party tickets for the next MGC?

just bring a game to MGC and then you don't have to worry about it and you get to be part of the cool kid club on your own merits. You have 4 great games that I am sure people would love to play.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

just bring a game to MGC and then you don't have to worry about it and you get to be part of the cool kid club on your own merits. You have 4 great games that I am sure people would love to play.

You missed quoting the smiley ... The "just kidding" part. We did in fact haul in two games to earn our two party places last MGC, but hey, thanks for the concern.
    And Goatdan, we'd be happy to pick up glass for you, no strings. Of course we don't have the boxes that Centerflank has.

#49 9 years ago

LIONMAN!!!

#50 9 years ago

Gonna try my damnedest to have the slayer there!

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/10th-annual-pinball-life-explosion-open-house-information and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.