6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by monsonb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsonb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Williams Palooka.
This is a new problem, and it doesn't affect gameplay, but it is irritating. As stated in the topic, when I start a new game, the tens reel gets stuck on 6. If the reel is on 7, it will reset to 0, but if the reel is on 1-6, nope. It's stops at 6. The 10s reel works fine during game play.
So far I have taken the reel apart and cleaned everything with alcohol. I have also cleaned the contacts.
It works fine when I activate it by hand.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

so, no matter if it's at 1,2,4, it always stops at 6? Or does it always go a max of 5 steps?

Good question. I'll check.

#4 6 years ago

Now that I've asked for help, the problem isn't constant, it's sporadic... shakes head.. for ten times in a row I was stuck resetting to only 6, and now the tens reel is resetting to zero every so often.

I'd like to think the machine will "play through" this problem, but I'd like to know what is causing it to stick at 6.

This is an AAB (my only), and a previous owner installed a free play switch in the coin door. You have to hold it in for just the right amount of time for the game to fully reset. It hasn't been a problem before, but I'm wondering how it works?

Does the reel reset always go through a 5 step process?

What should I clean?

#6 6 years ago

Good to know. I'll try to think this out.

#7 6 years ago

The top switch on the 1s reel wasn't making contact. All the reels now reset correctly, and the machine starts better than before.
Thanks for the replies zacaj.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsonb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/10s-score-reel-wont-reset-past-6?tu=monsonb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.