Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CUJO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm having an issue with the 10's score reel and 100's score reel. It is happening on all 4 score reels. You can see on the video where the score will go to 90 then back to zero without activating the next score reel. It's also happening on the 990 to thousand score reel. I didn't have to adjust, but used flexstone for the contacts. Any help on what to tackle next would be most appreciated

#2 9 years ago

Short the "position 9" switch to verify it does not advance. If it does, fix the problem with the switch stack. If not, use the wiring diagram to figure out what switch is open or wire is broken. Use standard electrical troubleshooting techniques.

#3 9 years ago

Yup, found it. Thanks

#4 9 years ago

I'm having trouble with my TEN THOUSANDS reel on Player 3.
When I start a game, even a One Player game , after about 5-6 seconds, that reel will increment by one just with the game sitting before I shoot a ball..

I've watched it click from a 6 to a 7..turn off pin. turn on/press start..5-6 seconds 7 clicks to an 8 before ball is even shot.even the 9 will click to a 0.

Any ideas..anyone?
EDIT:
I must say now that the Player 3 TEN THOUSANDS reel is at 0, the game starts as it should and doesn't appear to want to "ghost" move to the next digit by itself. (of course until it's a 1, then it'll do it all again till 0 comes up again.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I'm having an issue with the 10's score reel and 100's score reel. It is happening on all 4 score reels. You can see on the video where the score will go to 90 then back to zero without activating the next score reel. It's also happening on the 990 to thousand score reel. I didn't have to adjust, but used flexstone for the contacts. Any help on what to tackle next would be most appreciated
» YouTube video

This is generally a problem on the score reel relays. In addition to the 9 position switch, there's a switch on each relay that sends power to the next reel up to step that reel when it goes back to zero. Both the 9 position and this switch have to be closed or the next reel up won't move.

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

Hit the nail on the head EMsINKC. The switch on that TENS reel that sends the power to the next reel wasn't gapped open enough so it barely opened when the plunger was pulled into the coil. I looked at another score reel relay to compare and opened up the gap ever so slightly and all is good now.

Thanks also Mr Bally!

I just LOVE an EM that works correctly!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/10s-and-100s-not-advancing-on-bally-amigo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.