Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mrclean
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So I have 10k to splurge on game room stuff, I've been pitching to replace some of my games I had when I first got in this hobby 8 yrs ago, also I'd like to get back to around 10 games. I'm think a whirlwind, whitewater and possibly a super chexx or a VR pin. If u had 10k how would you'll use it ..... besides investing and home upgrade lol

#2 3 years ago

Dialed in or jjp pirates

#3 3 years ago

Build standalone monster size arcade building short walk from my house . Fully climate controlled.

Likely my eventual plan .

Enjoy your upgrade . Shane

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Dialed in or jjp pirates

We have a DI in our league, it's cool but I'm kinda over the crazy 9k pins

#5 3 years ago

As soon as I have 10k for my game room I’m grabbing a p3 with Heist. Then will slowly be able to upgrade in smaller chunks of cash while saving space since I have space for only 2 pins.

#6 3 years ago

I’d try to hit that sweet spot of quality and quantity. Looking at your wishlist I think I’d shoot for;

TSPP
    Flash Gordon
    Whirlwind

I also like to have a variety of eras on hand. I’d skip the VR pin, they do nothing for me, but that’s just me. If by some chance you have any money left over, I might shoot for a cheaper but fun EM pin like Old Chicago or a small flipper pin like 4 Million BC if you’re not totally opposed to those. That would get you to your ten and be a pretty good variety I think....

#7 3 years ago

I'd shoot for 2 used Stern pros each under 5K.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from SergioJ:

I’d try to hit that sweet spot of quality and quantity. Looking at your wishlist I think I’d shoot for;
    TSPP
    Flash Gordon
    Whirlwind
    I also like to have a variety of eras on hand. I’d skip the VR pin, they do nothing for me, but that’s just me. If by some chance you have any money left over, I might shoot for a cheaper but fun EM pin like Old Chicago or a small flipper pin like 4 Million BC if you’re not totally opposed to those. That would get you to your ten and be a pretty good variety I think....

Funny thing is I have a hard top for FG that needs to be used

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Funny thing is I have a hard top for FG that needs to be used

Well there ya go then! Lol....sadly, most of the ones that come up usually need one. Tough pin to find with a decent playfield....

#10 3 years ago

Taxi, Flash Gordon. And go from there. Somehow nice taxi’s still pop up in the 2k range. If you can get a FG w/ a decent cab and bg, seeing as ya already have a hard top then boom, ya got something to keep ya busy and can certainly keep the costs down. From there? Diversify

#11 3 years ago

If there was a decent taxi for 2k around me I would buy that in a heartbeat.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from JRBBRJ:

As soon as I have 10k for my game room I’m grabbing a p3 with Heist. Then will slowly be able to upgrade in smaller chunks of cash while saving space since I have space for only 2 pins.

Thats what I’m doing. Wife approved. QUICK SIGN THAT DEAL RIGHT NOW!

#13 3 years ago

For $10k the best bet is a P3. You buy into the platform once, and then from then on out you’ll be able to get new game kits that only cost $1500-$2750. Plus you get to benefit from all the advancements that come to the platform, like the recently released online head to head gameplay and Bluetooth headphone support. And there’s already 4 game kits and half a dozen software games to choose from, and lots of interesting third party stuff on the horizon.

#14 3 years ago

Easy answer:

One beatles Platinum.

#15 3 years ago

Diversify with Total Nuclear Annhilation and Baywatch!

#16 3 years ago

I’d say stock pile beef jerky, apparently that can be used as payments to lots of other Pinsiders.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/10k-what-to-buy-for-the-game-room?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.