• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by BamBam1000
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AndrewP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

Looking near that jones plug:

If I had to make a wild guess, I would wonder if the 0-9 (ones) unit is designed to score 10,000 points when advanced?

If so, I would check the wiper positions on the unit (unlikely) then the rollover buttons on the playfield (more likely) that advance the 1-10 to see if one is stuck down or possible shorted.

The other way to state this is: when jones is unplugged, what on the playfield DOESN’T work? Isolate your search to only those switches, because one is stuck on when you plug the jones back in.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from BamBam1000:

am I correct in then saying once the jones plug is out that all the functions on the playfield should be working correctly?

No. But if the problem disappears when this plug is out, it stands to reason the problem exists only when the plug is in. So, if when you unplug it, you disable two switches and a rollover, it stands to reason that when you plug it in, you enable those three, and one of them could be the cause of the issue.

This is just a theory. At least now your search is narrow and you can see if I am right or wrong in a matter of minutes.

I am wondering if when you replaced the pop bumpers, you accidentally smashed one of these other switches with your elbow. I would plug it all back in and physically move these switches from underneath and the wires near them to see if I could get a reaction. Check the switch blades, the solder points, and any stray wireforms or missing insulation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AndrewP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/10k-motor-coil-getting-stuck-on-?tu=AndrewP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.