Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

witch_flies_4.gif
wizardhouse.jpg
423527_3094067225587_1081238173_329877.jpg
dancing_fruit.gif
felix.gif
jscrow.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Come on. Given a home gameroom or location with a spiderman and a Revenge From Mars. You honestly believe, that RFM would add up the most games?

Home gameroom no, but I think on location it would be interesting to see. I had my RFM out for a week with two other pins - a Tommy and a Batman Forever. I expected the Tommy to make the most because it was part of a cross promotion with a movie theater that was showing Tommy, but at the end of the week, RFM had more coin in it than Tommy and Batman put together.

Having said that, I have said this time and time again before in other places, but what innovation do you all really expect? How can you innovate a game to be different while retaining it as a pinball? Everyone says this, but no one has any real idea - beyond the cabinet and infrastructure of the games themselves, there isn't really that much that you can innovate on and still have it feel like a pinball machine. Jack has put an LCD in the back for the displays, put card readers onto the machine by default, and they are supposedly internet enabled. That is HUGE innovation if you care to see it.

Stern, by the way, has innovation too. Their biggest innovation has to do with the USB updates, but that isn't the only thing they have done. But... pinball doesn't need tons of innovation because ultimately the thing that matters - the game itself - doesn't have tons more innovation to do with it. The ball can only interact with the flippers in so many ways, and games that have tried to extend just what the player can do (CP, I'm lookin' at you) don't generally do really well because the changes aren't as good as the flipper.

So anyway, they are all doing just fine. We might see Stern upgrade their boardset to do an LCD or otherwise, but I'll also point out that when Pinball 2000 came out, the hit pinball at that time was South Park. I also don't think that a 'lack' of X-Men sales because people want an LCD is going to happen, either. I guess we'll just wait and see!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1080-woz-videos-from-e3-flipping-witch-melt-spinning-house-witches-castle?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.